test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not one, but two pumpkin bugs.

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
It seems to me that there are two pumpkin bugs, or two different set of symptoms - but the question is whether they have the same underlying cause or not.

The first bug is that some pumpkins cannot be interacted with at all. The cause for that problem is known, and is easy to reproduce. The pumpkin contained a charm and a temporary mask - someone took the charm, but left the mask. From that point, only that person can interact with the pumpkin - others cannot, until/unless the person who took the charm takes the mask.

The second bug (?) is when you interact with the pumpkin and get a text saying you found a charm - the pumpkin disappears, but you do not get a pumpkin into your inventory. Now, maybe the bug is just that the text should be "You found nothing", which is fine, or if all pumpkins are supposed to contain a charm, then something else is wrong. The strange thing is that the next time one of those pumpkins spawns, it seems more likely to fail again iin the same way - I tested that on one pumpkin - got 5 failures in a row .. it is like it gets stuck in an "empty" state.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Both bugs have been around for years but so few of us farmed it in the past that they weren't so much an issue.

Once a jack o'lantern bugs as empty it seems to respawn like that perpetually. For that reason one, I am certain it is a bug. Possibly intended as an antibotting measure, but still it seems doubtful that rendering the node useless forever is intentional
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    In my experience, the pumpkins can get 'tire' after a while and allows you to 'f' it but nothing happens. It will stay in that stage for a while (a pretty long while) but it can get back to normal again. It seems there is a kind of counter of how many times it was 'f' and then some kind of cooldown.

I ran my route and picked the pumpkins on the route. I remember which one was bugged and went back to check it out anyway. After a few rounds, I found that the pumpkins was unbugged.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***