test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Materials Bag - Way too small

grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
The materials Bag should be THREE times the size it is to accommodate all the new materials, all the new +1 materials, all the new crafted products that are used in other projects and their +1 additional crafted products used for further crafting -lumber, thread and cloth, ingots, plate, scale, armor rings, leathers, etc.

Maybe the professions update should be postponed one more mod to allow the addition of more Materials Bag space.

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    don't forget that you have bound and unbound versions of every non-masterwork material.

Hoping for improvements...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Don't be silly. Once they release purchasable bag slots for your material bag it won't seem small at all.

This is going live in two weeks whether you/me/we/the community/satan/santa/elves/deluded creators of game systems/god think it's ready or not.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Don't be silly. Once they release purchasable bag slots for your material bag it won't seem small at all.

This is going live in two weeks whether you/me/we/the community/satan/santa/elves/deluded creators of game systems/god think it's ready or not.

And when will they do that? 20??.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    The first thing I do when I bring a char over to preview is to "sort" the assets and also "sell all" in the currency exchange when it's available. That opens up a lot of slots for me. Is it enough? I don't know yet. This will help for now maybe.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Is it enough? I don't know yet. This will help for now maybe.

No. It is not enough.

I did that, and I did not even have enough room for a single stack of every new material - let alone the bound, unbound and +1 versions of everything.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Is it enough? I don't know yet. This will help for now maybe.

No. It is not enough.

I did that, and I did not even have enough room for a single stack of every new material - let alone the bound, unbound and +1 versions of everything.
    Look like 600-700 spaces would be as good start, up from the 240 shown.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

And when will they do that? 20??.
    Sarcasm. It's just lost everywhere. My point was that they aren't delaying their busted new system. So feel free to request more space all you want. But with this hitting sooner than later your best option right now is to prepare for a materials bag nightmare.

As for a timeline, let's look at the company motto...
    "If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, ignore it for a few mods."

So 2021 you should have some space.
    Maybe, but I'm thinking 2018, but nothing close to 700 slots until 2025.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    NOTE: Maybe ease transition a little bit, give everyone 6 or 10 additional materials slots beyond the current 240. Let some buy more with ZEN 'if' they choose. Though it now seems our Shop Keep otherwise known as the Retainer, he doesn't sell character bound materials any longer! Now they all unbound only... :o

:+1::+1:

@grogthemagnif @adinosii
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    So far when some new players asked me about proffessions i used to say,

"If you plan to go Mastercraft theres guides for that but be ready for some good investiment before results, if not level Leadership for some RP and to help with astral diamonds crates for the guild, since you need more for all slots work on alchemy, since is fun to level and can make gold crates for the guild, plus som nica potions and dyes, the third one is your call..."

"In new mod i will probably say:
    Man idk, is hard plus time and gold cosuming, youre probably better hoarding gold to trade for itens since gold will sink a lot, alchemy+gathering, may look good for potion making, but idk if i would spend gold on it..."

My opinion is that the new system is harder to understand and the kind of grind it show to a new player in the task to leve the workshop to level 3 would made me drop the game if i was new...

This game sometimes ted to look for casual players, then sometimes turn to a high time eater game, idk what's your market target and i'm starting to think that you guys just dont know where to focus...

I will make some skins and ry to use my 3 gatherers to get something worth selling if it dont consume all my gold, if i hit my trashold on gold i will drop proffessions for good...
    edited November 2018
    @rafaelda

Workshop 3 is fairly achievable, Workshop 4 an entirely different story.

For Workshop 4: A few slightly lower level gear items can be contributed for credit. It will be slightly cheaper in gold, but you may also require more of it, yet perhaps easier to go at moderate pace. Or a way for those will a little less gold to still make progress.
    rafaelda said:

So far when some new players asked me about proffessions i used to say,

"If you plan to go Mastercraft theres guides for that but be ready for some good investiment before results, if not level Leadership for some RP and to help with astral diamonds crates for the guild, since you need more for all slots work on alchemy, since is fun to level and can make gold crates for the guild, plus som nica potions and dyes, the third one is your call..."

"In new mod i will probably say:
    Man idk, is hard plus time and gold cosuming, youre probably better hoarding gold to trade for itens since gold will sink a lot, alchemy+gathering, may look good for potion making, but idk if i would spend gold on it..."

My opinion is that the new system is harder to understand and the kind of grind it show to a new player in the task to leve the workshop to level 3 would made me drop the game if i was new...

This game sometimes ted to look for casual players, then sometimes turn to a high time eater game, idk what's your market target and i'm starting to think that you guys just dont know where to focus...

I will make some skins and ry to use my 3 gatherers to get something worth selling if it dont consume all my gold, if i hit my trashold on gold i will drop proffessions for good...

You're right, it's hard to translate the old program into the new because there are so many ZERO COST resource buys that will cost in the Live Version. Every worker has a commission that is paid before the project starts. EVERYONE (should) know that "A sale is not a sale until the goods are shipped." And then then the commission is paid a month later out of your profits.

On the plus side, the South Seas Market gives you a stable, as opposed to the Wildly Erratic AH, market and may or may not be profitable for the player. The Gold and Silver Scrip has no stated value and this is problematic. The Gold Scrip could end up as Gold Mining shares at 2/100 of a copper penny (500,000= 50 sp).

On the negative side, the devs are more worried about an artisan's Proficiency, than their PROFITABLILTY to the player. Of each artisans stats - Proficiency should be as high as possible, Focus should be as high as possible, Commission should be as low as possible and Speed should be as high as possible and increase with practice.

You're right on the grind, the old system could be done in as little as 15 min/day, the new system has a lot more running around. . . to the Gathering board, to the project setup, to the office, to the delivery box (the sending stone is a help if the box is full), to the Professions Vendor, on Quests to find out about the previous owner, to the South Seas market to check on the day's items they will purchase, to the Zen Market for Rare and Epic Employees, Checking back 4-6 hours later to empty the Delivery Box, and getting rid of stuff that was perfectly good before the changeover, but is now moldy, rusted , broken, worn, etc. and has to be changed into new items -so far MasterWorks items are exempt.

Since there are a foolishly balanced 3 gatherer and 3 maker slots and it should be 5 gatherer and 4 maker (2-3 to turn raw materials into items that can be put into maker projects and 1-2 to put the gathered and processed materials into 1-2 final project for the SSM.)
    strathkin said:

@rafaelda

Workshop 3 is fairly achievable, Workshop 4 an entirely different story.

Lower level gear is cheaper in gold, but you may also require more of it. Yet some lower gear may allow players to make progress with the gold they have, it will just be at a slightly slower rate than those who choose the better gear.

You're right, just drop 500k AD into the SSM and that part is done.
    edited November 2018
    Look below as it lists the materials -only required- for (all) professions at 70. In total there are 64 items plus a few refinement &/or potions you'll need. So 64 is a lot more manageable than stocking materials for all level of professions. We also no longer have Character Bound Materials, just the unbound & high-quality materials.

Realize the # 64 also includes about 15-25 materials not required, they are however needed to make all items if you want to replenish your materials. Otherwise it might be narrowed down to about 39-49.

I believe this is now finally if not entirely completed:
    1. Aberrant Blood
    2. Aberrant Bone
    3. Aberrant Hide
    4. Adamantine Ore
    5. Adamantine Ingot
    6. Adamantine Plate
    7. Adamantine Rings
    8. Adamantine Scales
    9. Adder
    10. Aureus Index
    11. Beast Horn
    12. Beehive Chip
    13. Beeswax
    14. Belladona
    15. Black Ink
    16. Brown Scorpion
    17. Cinnabar
    18. Death Cap
    19. Deva's Trumpet
    20. Drake Hide
    21. Drake Horn
    22. Drake Leather
    23. Drake Sinew
    24. Fieldstone -Simple Stone Fireplace only
    25. Fine Parchment
    26. Fish Oil
    27. Flax
    28. Foraged Cocoon
    29. Gold Sand
    30. Honey
    31. Horn Glue
    32. Iron Sand
    33. Iron Ingot - Oak Trunk only
    34. Linseed Oil
    35. Myrrh
    36. Myrrh Branch
    37. Mudstone
    38. Mudstone Whetstone
    39. Nightshade
    40. Oak Log
    41. Oak Lumber
    42. Quicksilver
    43. Raw Black Opal -Creation of Black Opal in Jewelcraft
    44. Raw Emerald -Creation of Emerald in Jewelcraft
    45. Raw Sapphire -Creation of Flawless Saphire in Jewelcraft
    46. Raw Gold Ingot
    47. River Trout
    48. Shimmerweave
    49. Shimmerweave Cloth
    50. Shimmerweave Thread
    51. Silk Cloth
    52. Silk Thread
    53. Slate
    54. Slate Whetstone
    55. Spring Water
    56. Steel Ingot - Steel Battleaxe Display only
    57. Sweetgale
    58. Sugar Beet
    59. Toadstool
    60. Volcanic Salt
    61. Walnut Log
    62. Walnut Lumber
    63. Wild Mint
    64. Woodlily
    Refinement / Potion Items Needed for some Recipes at 70
    • Black Opal
    • Flawless Saphire
    • Emerald
    • Enhanced Superior Fortification Potion
    • Enhanced Superior Potion of Accuracy
    • Enhanced Superior Potion of Force
    • Enhanced Superior Potion of Reflexes
    • Enhanced Superior Tidespan Potion
    No wood, no lumber (except Walnut), no raw gemstones, no oysters or pearls, no animal, deer, wolf or bear hides or sinew or leather. Nothing+1 either. Look at all the items in Adinosil's box that you are missing. My estimate was 720 spaces needed to have enough of moxt of the items.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

No wood, no lumber (except Walnut), no raw gemstones, no oysters or pearls, no animal, deer, wolf or bear hides or sinew or leather. Nothing+1 either. Look at all the items in Adinosil's box that you are missing. My estimate was 720 spaces needed to have enough of moxt of the items.

Oak Log Oak Lumber number 40 and 41
    Raw Black Opal -Raw Emerald -Raw Sapphire-numbers 43 to 45

His list is for players who wish to specialize in high end items, the items needed to craft level 70 crafts. So animal, deer etc are not necessary and I don't think oyster or pearls are used in level 70 items. +1 will double the list to about 128 and mastercraft items will then be added. If you pass the low level mats off to an alt, an amount under 720 becomes very workable for the primary crafting character.

I don't know how useful it will be to strictly follow as I'm not sure who would want to craft only level 70 items. Some potions and events like Gond and Siege come to mind for lower level items if they remain similar.
    @zephyriah

Yea Gond is likely going to at 'least' temporarily require 10-25 additional materials depending on professions. One comes up on the 15th, so hopefully I feeling OK for that.