test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holloween Event Is Broken

2»

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I am missing something. Why do you pursue finishing Kill or Treat? It only gives you one bag which takes you 10 seconds to get in PE and one point to the competition. Do the normal quests. If you get enough tasty treats, great. If not, nothing to miss.
    If you want to add points to the competition, use another toon and do the special tricksters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    The RNG in this event is bad enough, last night I tried upgrading my old "Illusionist Mask" from purple to orange and it ate about 10 preservation wards, then I noticed in the "upgrades to" window it was showing my offhand, so I reported it in game, today I tried again and the "upgrade to" is showing nothing and the upgrade button is greyed out, I think I have finally decided to give up on this one, same as some others, I hope they don't mess the Winter Fest up this bad, since that is one of my favorite's
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    no one guessing 3 other easter eggs?

Inconcievable!, kidnapper ringleader from Princess bride.
    scarecrow getting on fire (hint was from wizard of Oz)
    disciple with short blue blanket was Linus Van Pelt of Peanuts.

i was trying to restock some pinatas, only got 3 out of 50 illusionist bags. i am not amused and fed up and extremely tired, i got things to do beside playing for tricks that come with ball and chains keeping glue to keyboard and monitor for hours!
    i have to get up and walk for my health, but not sitting all day until you realized it is already night time. online games was meant to be play for fun for 2-3 hours, not 10-12 hours each day "trying".

no wonder why many doctors oppose.

last friday, i read devs's post, saying they increased drops, but i see nothing but a extreme very bad joke.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    It took me 84 pinata's to get my sash. Some guild members got them in their first 5 attempts so I guess my RNG is just that bad. I wouldn't mind the RNG and 84 of them but the timer on the pinata's is way too long. Should be a 15 second timer if anything.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ... looting pumpkins in Protectors Enclave not giving charms, only the message for receiving a charm pops up.
    ... the "No treats for you!" teleport up to five times in a row.
    ... no charms or treats dropping for a very long time while killing large amounts of enemies around the guild stronghold.

Btw. i do hope any "rework" for the Winter Festival will include something, that will put a stop to all the scamming during the event, i still have several stacks of lantern from last year banked... it would be nice to be able to use them without having to worry about some [censored] trying to rip other players off.
    And i wouldn't mind, if drops from the Gift of Simril will go straight to the inventory this year either, which might also reduce the lag some of us are having during this event.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

... no charms or treats dropping for a very long time while killing large amounts of enemies around the guild stronghold.

WoD seems to be a good place to get both. I have success for 2 different toon in 2 different night.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    This event is a nope and big waste of time , and I and many others arent having fun
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

regenerde said:

WoD seems to be a good place to get both. I have success for 2 different toon in 2 different night.
    The point would be, that it feels like there is some kind of internal cooldown on those drops, they drop just fine at the beginning, but then comes a "break" for several minutes, and after that they start dropping again...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

The point would be, that it feels like there is some kind of internal cooldown on those drops, they drop just fine at the beginning, but then comes a "break" for several minutes, and after that they start dropping again...
    I would not know because I keep switching character time to time.
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I have learned from hard experience, that anything featuring a RGN in this game is due to disappoint. Every time time i have needed some RGN in an event, I have never got it done that year and if I'm lucky at all, I might (and that's a big might) succeed the next year. Since this years event has several RGN in it, I'm not getting my hopes up for this one, I'm sure to be screwed (without vaselin even). For all this "flavor" content I sure always get a HAMSTER pop aftertaste in my mouth.

So don't kill yourselves trying to get this HAMSTER done, don't sweat it. Once they see nobody is completing and all it generates is grief, maybe next time they won't roll out untested content or at a minimum listen to the test server players and stop ignoring them. After all, what's the point of soliciting opinions and advice if you have no intent to take the advice anyway?

The way they take test player advice, is akin to hiring a lawyer to get you off a drunk driving beef, he works out the most awesome plea bargain, then on plea day, showing up blind drunk and flipping off the judge. It just don't go well, ya know?....
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    matthattr said:

...The way they take test player advice, is akin to hiring a lawyer to get you off a drunk driving beef, he works out the most awesome plea bargain, then on plea day, showing up blind drunk and flipping off the judge. It just don't go well, ya know?....

Well I'll have you know I argue better when I'm drunk! :p
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • arkhamwardenarkhamwarden Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    This event has become so annoying for me... Yeah, it's a "free" purple mount (as somebody stated on other post), and yeah, I want that broom mount, but it's very, very discouraging to grind almost every day (just skipped 2 days since the event began) for several hours for those charms, and then run after npc's so you can trade those charms for bags, then hoping for pinatas... And theeeeen, again hoping for a sash that never drops (for me at least)... Yesterday I traded 160 bag, got 25 pinatas, I've been over 40 up so far, still nothing... I'm beginning to think this is just a waste of time
    RNG and grind is pure unforgivable for limited time fun event that turn into burnout.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    been trying very hard to get the sash and so far im having no luck I wish this item wasn't hard to get from pinatas for how annoying it is cause I just find the running around so boring as well if they could of let us do instead 20 than 5
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Let me see....on my GWF 798 bags of illusion, 80+ pinatas. Nada... on the plus side I had enough to buy another empowered illusion mask so I said hamster it and took it for that. My eyes were going buggy.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

I am missing something. Why do you pursue finishing Kill or Treat? ....

The only reason to do any of those quests is to assure a win for your team. However I feel it lacks motivation, regardless of the team you chose, we should be able to see a scoreboard. To prevent the scoreboard from swaying players to join the popular team, the scoreboard should not be visible to players without a team. I know people could still chat about the team's score but knowing you are behind could motivate players to recruit and become more active. Also the Kill or Treat quest should score more points (if not the most) for your team, due to the overwhelming challenge it presents.

Pinatas were layered under random chance and should have been offered in the store for tokens. I don't know the chances but I for one, got mine with about 20 to 30. I know of others who got the same results. However their cool down of 2 minutes means 40 minutes to an hour of time I spent opening them. The cool down makes little sense being that long. Fireworks, confetti, and other more annoying items are instant. Maybe the staff could tell us the reason for that timer?

Much too late to fix this now, just my thoughts and opinions for next year.
    wb-cenders.gif
    i am very sure they dont care. i am already tired and nearly burnout, getting pinatas from illusionist bags seem almost non-existance, open over 90 illusionist bag and got nothing, and i stop until next day, and pulled 2 pinatas from +40 bags.
    seem they backed on their words on last week saying they increased drop rates, but i seem to get worst end of RNG, no pinatas pulled mean no sash at all. this is pure 100% let down, i was happy with other games that can get any festival events done within less than an hour each day, but this NWO seem to have a nasty ball and chains pull you to unwanted grinding all day for limited time event that seem never get finish.
    this is almost like that evil slot machine from twightlight zone episode, that how i feel.

this event doesnt make everyone happy.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The problem with RNG is that there will always be people that lose out badly, no matter what....but some streaks are worse than others.

I was refining my Empowered Illusionist mask yesterday, and I have a 50% chance of a successful upgrade - but I get 7 failures in a row...not really that bad....just 1-in-128, so something like that happens every now and then. The worst that can happen in a case like that is that I spend a few more Preservation wards than otherwise - no big deal - it all averages out.

On the other hand, you have people who just cannot get the sash do drop from the Pinatas. Some get it on the the first try, I smashed something like 30 myself, but what if you just cannot get it at all? Then you lose out on the event mount this year. This is an example of why it is bad to have RNG on top of RNG.

The developers seem to be getting that message in some cases - just consider the changes they will be making tho the Chult hunts - but here we have something like a 10% chance of getting a Pinata combined with a 5% chance of getting the sash from the Pinata. As I said, the total chance is so low that some people will not be able to get the mount, and that leads to frustration - and as I keep saying, frustrated players are not likely to spend money on the game or recommend it to their friends.
    Hoping for improvements...
    are they getting the messages? would be correct, frustrated players may wont spend or spreading some warning to friends to avoid and pass up, sick of layers of slot machines in another layer of slot machines.
    it look cool playing from 1 to 70 levels until they see ugly truth. it was fine before Mod 6 and more access to get what you need until they pull wards out from vendors.

also, when is estimate date for new arc daily? we are waiting to see them come back.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The problem with RNG is that there will always be people that lose out badly, no matter what....but some streaks are worse than others.

Actually and in theory, a working RNG and "streaks" (in either way) are mutual exclusive. Since they are not, it is pretty clear that the RNG in Neverwinter is anything but random.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Actually and in theory, a working RNG and "streaks" (in either way) are mutual exclusive. Since they are not, it is pretty clear that the RNG in Neverwinter is anything but random.

Eh, no, quite the opposite.....if there are no "streaks", it would indicate the RNG is not working correctly.

Just consider flipping a coin until you get "tails". In the long run (assuming an unbiased coin and a fair toss, you should get it 50% of the time on the first try, 25% of the time on the second try, 12.5% of the time on the third try and so on. Now bad streaks are perfectly possible - you have something like one in a million chance of a streak of 20 failures before getting a success. Very unlikely, but it does happen.

If you would never get a long streak, no matter what, it would indicate the RNG was broken.

Hoping for improvements...
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Eh, no, quite the opposite.....if there are no "streaks", it would indicate the RNG is not working correctly.

Just consider flipping a coin until you get "tails". In the long run (assuming an unbiased coin and a fair toss, you should get it 50% of the time on the first try, 25% of the time on the second try, 12.5% of the time on the third try and so on. Now bad streaks are perfectly possible - you have something like one in a million chance of a streak of 20 failures before getting a success. Very unlikely, but it does happen.

If you would never get a long streak, no matter what, it would indicate the RNG was broken.

How likely is it to get tails 20 times in a row? 0.5^20 = 0.000095% Sure, it CAN happen. Very unlikely but in theory every number greater than zero CAN happen. But it should not. And it does not. Try it. And even if it happens once in a few years, how likely is it that it happens again? The reality in neverwinter is that it does happen more than once. Maybe not with 20 attempts, but lets try 5. The chance for 5 failures in a row would be 0.5^5 = 3%. Only in 3 of 100 upgrading scenarios with a 50% chance I would need 5 attempts, in 97 of them less. Realistic? Not in my experience.
  • jkennedy#6809 jkennedy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This friggin enchanted sash RNG is awful... Opened over 1K bags, 100+ pinata's, NO SASH. Opened 200 bags last night after patch hoping for better results. NO SASH, NO BRISTLES. The time and effort I've wasted trying to get this I could have bought 3 110 mounts with astral diamonds. This event can"t end soon enough.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Let me see....on my GWF 798 bags of illusion, 80+ pinatas. Nada... on the plus side I had enough to buy another empowered illusion mask so I said hamster it and took it for that. My eyes were going buggy.

I tried opening over 1200 pinatas on my main just to get nothing and after not having my either account with me not looting that i was able to get three sashes without trying where it makes me think that they dont want us to get this mount for how im done trying for this item for how it makes me sick that we spend all are HAMSTER time on this event to get nothing since i know this event is boring
  • jkennedy#6809 jkennedy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Just some helpful advice on Kill or Treat quest... I had 10 tasty treats, went to Neverdeath and Rothe Valley dragon spawn areas and got the other 40 I needed in an hour.

I tried opening over 1200 pinatas on my main just to get nothing and after not having my either account with me not looting that i was able to get three sashes without trying where it makes me think that they dont want us to get this mount for how im done trying for this item for how it makes me sick that we spend all are HAMSTER time on this event to get nothing since i know this event is boring
    Well, I said that many times. This game's RNG God can read our mind. If we care, it won't give it to you. If you don't, you will have it.
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I am sure this has already been pointed out, but the post-event masquerade vendor is now selling the enchanted witch's sash for 300 masquerade tokens.... if only they had told everyone while the event was running that it would be available afterwards to buy, it would have relieved all this frustration!

I did not have a problem myself getting it to drop from the pinata though - I agree with what other people have said that it is better not to do so much dps on the pinata, but rather take off your gear and start whacking. it seemed to me that it does allow for more goodies to drop when you damage the pinata over time rather than one-shotting it.