test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My sweet Zen where did you disappear too?

Just wondering why nobody's talking about the lack of access to Zen exchange....it appears ps4 has fallen into disrepair!

It's definitely making it hard to justify logging on if I can't purchase keys to even run dungeons or open lockboxs.

Comments

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Its backlogged due to the upcoming black Friday sale, if u post a request u just waiting in line to get ur order served pretty much
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Isnt so Easy, in years this game collected a lot farming player (they no run dungeon Just buy sell think, buy low and sell high )they have 100m ad in Every alt, they can buy 100k zen at time so Every year they be richest and we fight for buy a Little amount zen, the game Need some cap if yu no trow in money.i mean trade zen bound account max 30k +max ad not rougue buond t account 100m .but this isnt the only problem, ppl Lost trust about state of game and politically thinks in recent bad events.so idk where we go.
  • The hoarders will release it a month from now. You know that Red. All of the guys who don't really play, they just gather AD. What won't happen is a new influx of Zen because the "charge" event isn't a Zen discount. It's a full retail price purchase with a gift. Black Friday 2016 was a real 50pct off Zen sale. This? Nope
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Since the implementation of an earnings cap per account the ps4 ad/zen exchange has remained solidly at 499 - 500. This rate maintained even with a zen sale. As I stated in the thread about the earnings cap this was bound to happen, and as predicted for the first time ever ps4 has a backlog of people wanting to exchange ad for zen. For those of you that don't remember, the 100k a day earnings cap was done to prevent a backlog. Well it didn't work on the pc which last check had a 20million backlog and its not working on the ps4 that has a 2.5 million backlog. Prior to the earnings cap ps4 exchange rate would slowly build up to an expected sale or major event but never backlog and any time zen went on sale the rate would drop drastically. With the cap people hold ad at a higher value as it has essentially become a fixed commodity. With a restricted earnings potential people wont exchange for a reduced price. Couple that with the traditional zen sale for black Friday and people just aren't spending money on zen. They are waiting for the sale. The two situations together, limited zen being purchased and high value placed on ad due to earnings cap, have created the backlog. I would expect it to be remedied on black Friday but dont expect the exchange rate to change much if at all.
  • It's not a sale. It's a full price Zen purchase and a free gift.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    And sadly, no one at Cryptic understands microeconomics so as Vigilante so eloquently stated, this is a problem that won’t go away.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The problem is that a "solution" in the form of "must-have" items that can only be bought for AD is basically a lost opportunity to sell those same "must-have" items for Zen. It is basically not in the company's interest to make it too easy to earn AD and convert it to Zen, as that would reduce Zen purchases for $$$.

On the other hand, if the backlog is too big (like the 5-6 week backlog you have right now on the PC) it may demotivate players, and possibly make them walk away from the game - and that again means lost potential income. So, the "optimal" situation is a small backlog, maybe a few days wait at most - exactly what the PS4 situation is right now - enough to make some impatient players spend $$$ for Zen, but others have only a "reasonable" wait time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • txmamabear85#8785 txmamabear85 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"theredgodz#4642" said:
    > Just wondering why nobody's talking about the lack of access to Zen exchange....it appears ps4 has fallen into disrepair!
    >
    > It's definitely making it hard to justify logging on if I can't purchase keys to even run dungeons or open lockboxs.

I was just thinking and wondering about that.So zen wont be back in stock till Black Friday???When is Black Friday?
  • theredgodz#4642 theredgodz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I believe black Friday is near the end of November well within the Zen promotional charge window, meaning ppl will likely spend $ to get a free couple of wards etc.

Will this remedy the current exchange price not likely but it will potentially provide additional zen being sold to the population.

I await with abated breathe....in the meantime It looks like ppl will have a limiter range of dungeons to run.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

....in the meantime It looks like ppl will have a limiter range of dungeons to run.

Huh? Why on earth should the Zen backlog affect the dungeons ???

Hoping for improvements...
  • theredgodz#4642 theredgodz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    No zen to buy legendary keys means limited chests in actual good loot dungeons i mean "one free" key per day for tong, cradle and raven is meh at best.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    from wht i been seein in my ally chat..... the zax is backloged (of course go figure) an u can stiil post at 500..... it takes abt 3-4 days to get the zen tho .... smeone in my ally said they posted on a sunday an got zen on wed.... soooooo