test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Mod 16 PvE Washed Up Fighter Tank Guide

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    WMS works, as does ET and other skills.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQ7OZzFqz1T1BvyQhMAbzrgfuOniQd59YaGFck8twebu1F7fQhSxiktJHFx8ujTMEBjAnKpI2axSJmP/pub

Thank Viral in advance.

Only GF skills not tested were Aggravating Strike and Shield Slam, but GF has many proccing sources... so I do not think it makes a difference.

• cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Great thx again.
    I Need ask about something, how it's look like on cr and tong? You play like tank or buff or hybrid? I play only tong/fbi, and play like hybrid buff/tank. All time have KV but pt. want mainly my off buff. So which set is better valhalla for tank or vistani for buff? Now i have +230k hp and 100% DR with bond (without set bonus) and I can't decide, abandon vallhala (and lose some HP/DEF and 19% DR = 4% from AC and 15% set bonus) for 5% from Vistani? What do you think?
    Post edited by cerberusforces on
    Hi again, vistani set bonus was stack? If my gf and someone else will use this set how it will be work?

Great thx again.
    I Need ask about something, how it's look like on cr and tong? You play like tank or buff or hybrid?

Tomb and CR, I run DPS.

So which set is better valhalla for tank or vistani for buff? Now i have +230k hp and 100% DR with bond (without set bonus) and I can't decide, abandon vallhala (and lose some HP/DEF and 19% DR = 4% from AC and 15% set bonus) for 5% from Vistani? What do you think?

If you can afford Vistani and are confident your team can survive with just KV + other class stuff, then go for Vistani.
    You clearly have a ton of stats, and for anything missin, Shepherd's Devotion should help fill in the gaps.

Hi again, vistani set bonus was stack? If my gf and someone else will use this set how it will be work?

No clue, I never checked that with @viraaal .

Hi
    So far, I've always thought that valhalla bonus set work only for me not for all party xD
    About stat and DR, i will change ench on pet, now i use 6x dark for LS but now i will use 2xruth and 4x dark. But
    I have the feeling that valhalla is better than vistani for me and party. This 5% debuff it's not to much, im think.
  • viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    The Set does not stack with multiple people, as stated in the document, if 2 people have the set then it just refreshes the duration upon the users applying it. The only use will be that you get closer to 100% uptime, however using the set on my dps dc I get close to that already with my rotation.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Damn I've been missing out... I have only played my GF for a total of 2 days now (1 day to level 70 and a another doing RD and Chult intros). I LOVE it.

I'm not sure if I am going to ever play as a full DPS. I feel like I should at least start by swinging more in the support direction, and slowly move towards the three pump build. I might even just plagiarize the work of @rjc9000 and call it my baby. ;)

Seriously, excellent guide rjc. I read every word, slowly, and digested it. It was delicious. Thank you!
  • nevertwinevertwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    I tested the feat Strength Focus on preview and wondered what the formula for that feat is like. After looking it up in your guide and trying to fill it in my test, i found out that yours is outdated.
    The formula in your guide is: "Damage Bonus of Strength "increased" by (x)%"

After some time i found an accurate formula:
    1+(STR-10)/100*Points in Strength Focus*0.05*2
    Don't ask me why there is a multiplier of 2 at the end, but it is there.

Example: 22 Strength, Fixed Damage Weapon, 0 Power, ET on Rank 4, Strength Focus with 3 feat point:
    Then the formula is:
    (1000+173.31)*2.7*1.3*1.12*(1+0.12*0.15*2)=4778.566857792

Combatlog:
    00:00:00:00:00:00::Testtoon,P[Testtoon@Testtoon],,*,Target Dummy,C[15 Entity_Targetdummy],Enforced Threat,Pn.Ml2yvi,Physical,,4778.57,0

Example 2: 15 Strength, Fixed Damage Weapon, 0 Power, ET on Rank 4, Strength Focus with 1 feat point:
    Then the formula is:
    (1000+173.31)*2.7*1.3*1.05*(1+0.05*0.05*2)=4345.855

Combatlog:
    00:00:00:00:00:00::Testtoon,P[Testtoon@Testtoon],,*,Target Dummy,C[79 Entity_Targetdummy],Enforced Threat,Pn.Ml2yvi,Physical,,4345.85,0

edited October 2018
    nevertwi said:

I tested the feat Strength Focus on preview and wondered what the formula for that feat is like. After looking it up in your guide and trying to fill it in my test, i found out that yours is outdated.

#blamesharp

Writing that verbatim was a younger, even dumber version of me that was one of the lauded tooltip warriors commonly seen on the likes of Facebook, MMOMinds, and Reddit.

I'll update it Eventually™.
    nevertwi said:

After some time i found an accurate formula:
    1+(STR-10)/100*Points in Strength Focus*0.05*2
    Don't ask me why there is a multiplier of 2 at the end, but it is there.

Example: 22 Strength, Fixed Damage Weapon, 0 Power, ET on Rank 4, Strength Focus with 3 feat point:
    Then the formula is:
    (1000+173.31)*2.7*1.3*1.12*(1+0.12*0.15*2)=4778.566857792

Combatlog:
    00:00:00:00:00:00::Testtoon,P[Testtoon@Testtoon],,*,Target Dummy,C[15 Entity_Targetdummy],Enforced Threat,Pn.Ml2yvi,Physical,,4778.57,0

Example 2: 15 Strength, Fixed Damage Weapon, 0 Power, ET on Rank 4, Strength Focus with 1 feat point:
    Then the formula is:
    (1000+173.31)*2.7*1.3*1.05*(1+0.05*0.05*2)=4345.855

Combatlog:
    00:00:00:00:00:00::Testtoon,P[Testtoon@Testtoon],,*,Target Dummy,C[79 Entity_Targetdummy],Enforced Threat,Pn.Ml2yvi,Physical,,4345.85,0

That is a lot of help and saves me a huge headache, figuring out the damage buff from Strength Focus stumped me for a long time.

Also, if you're wondering, that multiplier of 2 is technically consistent with Strength Focus' boost to DoT Resist from Strength.

I found that the feat's multiplier on DoT Resist from Strength would be multiplied by

(1+ (0.1 * # of Ranks))

That is, if you had 15 STR with 3 points in Strength Focus without any other source of DoT Resist/damage resistance, you would have 6.5% damage resistance when defending against a 0 ArmorPen DoT attack (5*1.3=6.5).

• nevertwinevertwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I checked your updated version and i think i used too much math to show the relevant parts.

The first formula i posted just shows the bonus of the feat.
    With "Damage Bonus of Strength is multiplied by 1.1/1.2/1.3x" i would expect the formula to be:
    irrelevant parts*(1+(STR-10)/100*(1+0.1*#Points in Feat))

But the formula for for both, Strength and Focus Strength is:
    irrelevant parts*(1+(STR-10)/100)*(1+(STR-10)/100*0.1*#Points in Feat)
    As you can see, the latter is always greater than the former for numbers greater than 0.

For some reason, i looked at your Damage Formula and the whole
    ((1-enemyDR+RI)*(1+ sum of debuffs)*(1+Crit-Flag*Crit Severity)+(1+(All CA stuff))
    is wrong:
    1. The Crit Severity is only additive with the CA part. Crit-CA is independent of debuffs and (1-enemyDR+RI).
    2. The (1-enemyDR+RI) part is already contained in the parts before. I think it is forgotten to delete it after the debuff changes.
    3. Same goes for debuffs. There is no dimishing function in use, like g(sum of debuffs) with g provided in link ....
    4. There is a 1 too much.
      For example just set enemyDR+RI to 0, debuffs to 0, let the attack not have CA and not being a Crit and the formula would fall to (1*1*1+1) = a multiplier of 2.
    There are other things to mention about the formula, but i will stop for now.
    edited October 2018
    nevertwi said:

[...]

For some reason, i looked at your Damage Formula and the whole
    ((1-enemyDR+RI)*(1+ sum of debuffs)*(1+Crit-Flag*Crit Severity)+(1+(All CA stuff))
    is wrong:

1. The Crit Severity is only additive with the CA part. Crit-CA is independent of debuffs and (1-enemyDR+RI).
    2. The (1-enemyDR+RI) part is already contained in the parts before. I think it is forgotten to delete it after the debuff changes.
    3. Same goes for debuffs. There is no dimishing function in use
    outdated damage formula, haven't updated since Mod 11 (11.5?) due to most people having a 5000x weakness to math (and for those who don't suffer from math weakness, they probably already know the general gist of the formula anyways).

Possibly™ will just delete that formula and post link to bloodthirsty dictator's website.
    nevertwi said:

[insert finding errors for things I haven't edited since forever]

no, pls stop being useful and forcing me to update things
    i want to be absolutely lazy and do nothing during the afkmodule

If there are enough things that need edits, there is a good Possibly™ that I will just do a fundamental re-write for Mod 16's hypothetical GF changes... if I'm not dead by the Likely™ summer time release time for Mod 16.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Hi
    What's wrong with CS (Commander's Strike). I dont see this skill now in Your guide. It's bugged or weak or useles?

I gave up on it after I realized that it only takes 40% of the DPSer's encounter damage and applies it as a second hit, rather than it being a 1.4x buff to the DPSer's next encounter power. The way I see it, any extra chip damage provided by the CS procs would be outweighed by a DPS GF using 3x fully buffed Griffon's.

Also, seeing as the build is oriented towards newbies, I thought removing KS would keep the playbook simple: focus on learning to tank and time ITF with the buffers.
    Why are you supporting the niche GF DPS build. I honestly hope the devs tweak GF to remove the need of having the Survivor Wraps, running SWW, hoping the DC does not have cleanse, etc.. build. GF damage should not be produced like it is now; instead it should be similar to a GWF as both are fighters.

As for Conq vs. Tac; Tac is cheaper initially for a newer GF and is still helpful in end game content for its buffs. A Tac GF is not bad and many groups are now asking for it over the GF DPS. The reason many groups are now asking for a Tac GF over a GF Conq build is that many DCs run cleanse and a Conq GF damage when using Survivor Wraps tend to drop when running with a DC that has cleanse. This makes the GF less attractive in parties as the damage is lower than that of a MoF Hybrid DPS .

I run with a GF Conq all the time on my CW. A DC with cleanse reduces his damage by over 20% making him produce less damage than my MoF full buff Renegade build. When he runs with a DC without cleanse he does around 20% more damage than my CW SS Opp single target build.

I personally don't recommend a GF Conq unless the player has an understand of the GF class and resources to invest to make the GF a DPS.

Only recently have I invested into my GF. I am now two pieces of gear away from moving my GF from Tac to full on Conq knowing that most groups will still want me to play as a Tac. I hope the devs do make a change though to allow GF to play as a DPS without needing special gear and a DC without cleanse to produce its maximum damage.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

Hi
    What's wrong with CS (Commander's Strike). I dont see this skill now in Your guide. It's bugged or weak or useles?

I gave up on it after I realized that it only takes 40% of the DPSer's encounter damage and applies it as a second hit, rather than it being a 1.4x buff to the DPSer's next encounter power. The way I see it, any extra chip damage provided by the CS procs would be outweighed by a DPS GF using 3x fully buffed Griffon's.

Also, seeing as the build is oriented towards newbies, I thought removing KS would keep the playbook simple: focus on learning to tank and time ITF with the buffers.
    Why are you supporting the niche GF DPS build. I honestly hope the devs tweak GF to remove the need of having the Survivor Wraps, running SWW, hoping the DC does not have cleanse, etc.. build. GF damage should not be produced like it is now...

I hope the devs do make a change though to allow GF to play as a DPS without needing special gear and a DC without cleanse to produce its maximum damage.
    You bring up a good point, @mebengalsfan#9264 .
    This will be an unpopular opinion (like most of mine), but the current DPS Conq needs to change.
    Don't get me wrong, when done right I know dozens of exp Conqs who totally shred.

But the "when the moon is in aquarius and and your neighbor has their tin-foil hat on, then your DPS GF is the best DPS" approach doesn't seem WAI.

In olden-times, yester-year, days of old, when "reckless attacker" was awesome, before the Conq capstone was nerfed, Conq just did good (not best) DPS all the time (not situationally).

This just doesn't feel right imho.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    I really dont know if theese DPS GFs will hold there places in groups when they have to do the weekly hardmode dungeons ^^. We will see if the DCs can hold them alive ;)

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

Hi

Why are you supporting the niche GF DPS build. I honestly hope the devs tweak GF to remove the need of having the Survivor Wraps, running SWW, hoping the DC does not have cleanse, etc.. build. GF damage should not be produced like it is now...

I hope the devs do make a change though to allow GF to play as a DPS without needing special gear and a DC without cleanse to produce its maximum damage.
    You bring up a good point, @mebengalsfan#9264 .
    This will be an unpopular opinion (like most of mine), but the current DPS Conq needs to change.
    Don't get me wrong, when done right I know dozens of exp Conqs who totally shred.

But the "when the moon is in aquarius and and your neighbor has their tin-foil hat on, then your DPS GF is the best DPS" approach doesn't seem WAI.

In olden-times, yester-year, days of old, when "reckless attacker" was awesome, before the Conq capstone was nerfed, Conq just did good (not best) DPS all the time (not situationally).

This just doesn't feel right imho.
    I am a big supporter of all classes being able to play two roles. For the GF to truly be a DPS role they should not have to use KC to do their big damage. As KC, if you run with another tank, causes you to pull threat away from the tank and can result in you going down, something I see regularly with GF when not running with a competent AC DC.

The other thing is that with how buff works and GF getting twice the buff from SWW the actual damage is higher than it should be for GF, making the class hit harder than what we would expect given the tool tip; though we all know how accurate tool tips are in this game.

I have yet to join the darkside of being a GF DPS but I am close. I run as a Buff GF and typically end up 2nd or 3rd in CoDG using Enforced Threat, ITF and Command Strike. My gear is the Furred Kuno, Fearbringers, Heels of Fury and Crown of the dead, Shadow Stalker +4, Ring of the Curse Bringer with the Orucs set. I don't try to produce high damage I just do.

Hopefully come mod 16 Iron Vanguard and Swordmaster are adjusted so that one is a DPS build and the other is a Tank build.

Hopefully Iron Vanguard gets adjusted so that the GF can provide additional group protection or buffs than what it has today and adjust the Swordmaster feats to allow the GF to do more damage. For instance, Steel Grace should provide an increase in crit severity vs. deflection; say 15% at rank 1 and an additional 5% per a rank along with 5% increase in critical chance. I would also adjust Steel Defense to be be something else to buff the GF.

There are so many possibilities for adjusting the GF and improving it as a DPS and as support role.
    I've been sort of working on updates in between stuff.

As you can see, I have been hard at work with adding new material.

I don't have every piece of gear locked down or every stat figured out, but if anyone wants any tentative ideas on how I plan to do things, I don't mind answering.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    RJ - what weapon/armor enchants are you running for M16? What companion?
    I aim to misbehave
    silence1x said:

RJ - what weapon/armor enchants are you running for M16? What companion?

DPS Weapon enchant is Vorpal, my planned DPS build is Crit based. Also, not like many of the other options are much better, save for maybe Lightning on AoE. Even on DPS, that's a stretch, as I found it barely made around 7-10% of my total DPS last I tried on preview.

Marginally best tank weapon enchants would be Lightning or Holy Avenger/Lifedrinker, but nothing stands out as a must have. Lightning for AoE aggro, Holy/Lifedrinker for small heals. I only tested Holy Avenger and found it only made a small % of my incoming healing compared to the large majority from Second Wind and insignia/companion bonuses.

Armor enchant for both is Elven Battle. I think it is, by far, the best option for Fighter in this era due to its passive Stamina Regeneration. I don't think Eclipse is worth it for the refill of Stamina due to how easy it is to drain all of your Stamina in a single hit. Also worth noting CC effects in this new module are annoying as hell and have me screaming at my character to stop being a lazy and pick themselves up.

Summoned companions, I'm considering the Dread Warrior, Pseudodragon, Deepcrow Hatchling, or Bulette Pup.

Dread Warrior is a decent CA wall, but it also has some minor heals (was 5% of my incoming healing compared to the 35% of Shield and 20 something percent of Second Wind), a decent summoned power that grants +5000 Power for 3-4 seconds (not great, on a 8 second ICD), and has a decent aggro boosting passive if I need it.

Pseudodragon is only used if I am making turtle soup or need forced CA on a boss. While the Dancing Blade and Swashbuckler do offer forced CA as well, I choose the Pseudodragon due to it being part of my planned tank build setup.

Deepcrow Hatchling and Bulette Pup are the augments of choice. While augments have differing stats, I do not think the difference is material enough to matter and I pick those two augments to save me money, as both of their equip bonuses are used in my build.

I haven't figured out my comp gear setup due to hearing that expeditions offers some great comp gear.

My comp setup on tank will look something like:
    Bolster (I don't know what this slot is called): Armor Break (didn't try Redemption, not sure how good it is)
    Offense: Tamed Velociraptor (if your teammates have Raptor too) or any (haven't found a filler slot for offense if no Raptor).
    Defense: Green Slime/Bulette/Any (haven't found a third def slot I liked yet)
    Utility: Pseudodragon

I think this offers the best blend of defensive utility for what I want. For others, I think this setup might suffer a bit in the aggro department and may not be good for players who want an easy to use and easy to acquire setup.

My setup on DPS will something like:

Bolster: Potency
    Offense: Tamed Velociraptor (teams) or Deepcrow Hatchling (solo/potatoes)
    Defense:Green Slime/Bulette/Any
    Utility: Ghost

I think this offers a good blend of offense and defense. I did check some of the % of wpn dmg proc bonuses (Xuna, Salad, War Boar), but from my testing, they were barely worth using due to poor DPS increases (Xuna was 2% of my overall damage when I tried her).

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    thoughts about boons (other than they are uninspiring)

Master boon - I'm thinking bloodlust for DPS (dont like chance on kill types for boss fights or others where you need to be less than 30% HP)

Tier 5 - AP gain or recovery speed ?
    lantern22 said:

thoughts about boons (other than they are uninspiring)

They aren't not uninspiring. :trollface:
    lantern22 said:

Master boon - I'm thinking bloodlust for DPS (dont like chance on kill types for boss fights or others where you need to be less than 30% HP)

I don't know the boon names (I lack access to go in game right now) and I think they're less impactful than some of the old capstone boons boons (all the ones that recovered HP, arguably Burning Guidance for being able to crash servers in Mod 8, arguably Endless consumption).

If Bloodlust is the one that can grant bonus damage on enemy kill, I recall it was just ok and probably the best of the lot. For single target builds/tank, I picked the one that has a chance to self heal on At-will use because I prefer the defensive boost on bosses for the long run (boss fights are a marathon, not a burst fight anymore, your goal is to not screw up 5 times).

Bloodlust isn't too bad and could have use on boss fights now that adds are a thing and can be quite dangerous (even if they mostly end up being free CA bots for the boss).
    lantern22 said:

Tier 5 - AP gain or recovery speed ?

I would say, of the two, AP Gain has the slight edge, but you're splitting hairs at that point if you prefer shaving off a couple of miliseconds off your encounters vs recovering a daily a second or two faster.

• zencricketzencricket Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > RJ - what weapon/armor enchants are you running for M16? What companion?
    >
    > Armor enchant for both is Elven Battle.

@rjc9000 how's Negation?

Also: are the two paragon kind of similar in terms of general gear? Is it still easy to be awesome at both with little to no change in gear and enchants?

P.S.: Can we hope to have an updated version of the world acclaimed "Together We Ride" encyclopedia in the near future? (I'm a huge fan and keep recommending)
    edited April 2019

how's Negation?

I wasn't a fan of Negation.
    The DR might as well not exist and if I was choosing a self heal armor enchant, I'd try my luck with Bloodtheft.

I think Bloodtheft has potential, but I prefer Elven Battle because I think the new style of tanking is all about preventing damage (shield) rather than recovering what damage was taken.

Also: are the two paragon kind of similar in terms of general gear? Is it still easy to be awesome at both with little to no change in gear and enchants?

I think the major difference would be the neck/belt/artifact set bonus and the weapon used.

Valhalla set I think is still BiS for tanking.
    It's easy to acquire and the set bonus accumulates easily. While I haven't done the math on it, I think that it helps the tank stay alive far longer than any of the flat increases in stats of the Protector/Mod 16 sets.

I haven't picked a set bonus for DPSing yet, though my eyes are on either the Lostmauth set or the Orcus set, with my thoughts leaning towards Lostmauth over Orcus.

The Orcus set bonus is still good. Unlike Mod 15, you won't press 3 buttons and instantly hit the 18% damage bonus. Rather, you can expect the buff to be at 5-15% due to the length of most fights. The only things holding me back from overly recommending it are the meh stats and lack of passive AP Gain.

Lostmauth's' set bonus was okay and was ~3-5% of my total damage in the long run (avg. DPS increase of 3-4%). While not as strong as the Orcus set, it has okay stats and has the passive AP Gain, which was the tipping point in its favor for me. However, seeing as daily attacks only make up ~25% of my overall damage, I am not too sure if the AP Gain is really that worth it.

The Apprentice Set has potential, but I don't think it's that great on Fighter because of how slow we gain daily attacks and due to almost always having enemies face us.

The tanking weapon set will still be the Bronzewood/Titansteel Sets or the Mighty Set because of the bonus that increases teammate damage. One phases might be gone, but making teammates. You do have to work harder for your aggro, so if people want to use the higher tier of weapon damage, I don't blame them.

The DPS set will be any of the level 80 sets with the new tier of weapon damage, because weapon damage is still king. I don't know the devs' plans for Mod 17, but if Mod 16 is the trainwreck of Mod 6, then Mod 17 could be compared to Mod 7 and feature an update to Strongholds/Masterwork. If that is the case, there's a good chance of having Masterwork weapons with the level 80 tier of weapon damage. If you are planning for the long haul, I'd use this hypothetical new tier of Masterwork on both DPS and tank and save yourself some money in the long run.

P.S.: Can we hope to have an updated version of the world acclaimed "Together We Ride" encyclopedia in the near future? (I'm a huge fan and keep recommending)

It's being worked on (with .gifs!), but I do not know how fast I will update it to my standards of quality.

I can say for certain that it will resemble the format of my April Fools DC guide, as I feel the April Fool's joke was more organized.

> @rjc9000 said:

>

@rjc9000 how's Negation?

Negation is nerfed to worthlessness. Tooltip is wrong:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1247308/negation-tooltip-wrong-not-stacking-binary-5-bonus

It gives a single stack of 5% defense.
    That's it.
    If you have 60,000 defense that's only +3000 defense.
    Not very helpful.
    Worse, you will probably exceed the Defense cap easily with campaign/expedition gear alone.

I agree with the Elven Battle recommendation.
    The stamina regen is great.
    Blundermountain is filled with CC mobs, so the control resist is very helpful.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

> @rjc9000 said:

>

@rjc9000 how's Negation?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1247308/negation-tooltip-wrong-not-stacking-binary-5-bonus

That's it.
    Not very helpful.
    Worse, you will probably exceed the Defense cap easily with campaign/expedition gear alone.

Lots of prones though, which Elven Battle does not help with :(
    manipulos said:

> @rjc9000 said:

>

@rjc9000 how's Negation?

That's it.
    Not very helpful.

Agreed.
    I get tossed around like a rag-doll in the Blundermountan rune HEs by those tornado and whirlpool things.
    Was just suggesting the least-worthless of alot of bad choices.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

manipulos said:

> @rjc9000 said:

>

@rjc9000 how's Negation?

That's it.
    Not very helpful.

Agreed.
    I get tossed around like a rag-doll in the Blundermountan rune HEs by those tornado and whirlpool things.
    Was just suggesting the least-worthless of alot of bad choices.
    I took mine out of mothballs and ranked it up and equipped it, just wish that it included prones! Too many enemy and environment attacks have prone effects now.

• zencricketzencricket Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Marginally best tank weapon enchants would be Lightning or Holy Avenger/Lifedrinker, but nothing stands out as a must have. Lightning for AoE aggro, Holy/Lifedrinker for small heals.

Can the explosive aspect of Flaming and Plage Fire spread enough DoT wide enough to help with aggro, or meh?
    edited March 2020

rjc9000 said:

Marginally best tank weapon enchants would be Lightning or Holy Avenger/Lifedrinker, but nothing stands out as a must have. Lightning for AoE aggro, Holy/Lifedrinker for small heals.

Can the explosive aspect of Flaming and Plage Fire spread enough DoT wide enough to help with aggro, or meh?
    Sorry for exceptionally late response, haven't been too motivated to play or update due to a lack of depth in combat.
    The Plague/Flaming Explosion doesn't trigger enough to be useful for AoE aggro. In most teams, by the time you can trigger it, enemies are close to dead and even in long fights, the ICD on the explosion hasn't rendered it great for aggro.

____

Anyways, out of sheer boredom of waiting for other games from E3 to come out, I decided to update some stuff for the new module. Take a look if you think this washed up tank still has good ideas, or if you want to point and laugh at the bottom tiers. As for the new DPS guide, it is a representation of the class' damage output, my apathy, and my respect for Julia/noworries during Mod 16.

[Edited: Links removed ... SpoOoOoOoky]
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I empathize RJ so thanks for the guides and your efforts.
    I aim to misbehave
    > @zencricket said:
    > Marginally best tank weapon enchants would be Lightning or Holy Avenger/Lifedrinker, but nothing stands out as a must have. Lightning for AoE aggro, Holy/Lifedrinker for small heals.
    >
    > Can the explosive aspect of Flaming and Plage Fire spread enough DoT wide enough to help with aggro, or meh?

Waiter:
    "If you are looking for AoE aggro, may I suggest today's special?"

@zencricket :
    "Yes, please! I am starving... for evidence that my Fighter Vanguard is remotely desirable as a tank."
    Waiter:
    *Points to menu*
    Then, Sir, please consider our crisp, refined Lightning Enchantment. Crackling with chained energy, it spreads a delicious aggro aroma. Wonderful on the tank palate."
    @zencricket:
    "I heard that the chefs reduced their portions."
    Waiter:
    "True, but when coupled with a sizzling hot side of Lycosa's Gloves, the electrifying flavor spreads throughout the entire plate..."
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.