test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holloween Event Is Broken

teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
since the halloween event has came out this year is there a reason why they had to make the broom mount 50k while making the sash impossiable to get cause all ive been hearing so far is nothing but complaining about the event and how lame the pinatas where so why didn't they not just go the either way without making all of us work hard for the sash cause after I couldn't get that one for a second time that it made me not want to do this event anymore and was hopping maybe they would of fixed it

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    each time i click and hit pinata, server went down, it just eat each one and i got nothing as soon i got back on, just 1 less pinata each time.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    wylonus said:

each time i click and hit pinata, server went down, it just eat each one and i got nothing as soon i got back on, just 1 less pinata each time.

I only got lucky getting one sash on the 30 try but after trying again no luck where I ended up given up on the hole event because of that

• nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I gave up yesterday of the event, I spent hours farming pinatas and after more than 50 I did not get any sash...This update from yesterday had no effect (at least for me)
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    It's the same here, i did my daily rounds for bags, got a few pinatas, opened them all and still no sash.

I might burn through some leftover pinatas from last year on my other characters, but i'm not going to farm more of them.
    I'm done with the whole "farm hundreds of cursed bags for a few damn pinatas to get a single bloody sash drop" HAMSTER.

And if this event is a preview of what to expect from the Winter Festival or any other seasonal/regular event "rework"... what a waste of time and money.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I got my sash on the 4th pinata I did after the patch. Went through about 60 before that.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    regenerde said:

It's the same here, i did my daily rounds for bags, got a few pinatas, opened them all and still no sash.

I might burn through some leftover pinatas from last year on my other characters, but i'm not going to farm more of them.
    I'm done with the whole "farm hundreds of cursed bags for a few damn pinatas to get a single bloody sash drop" HAMSTER.

And if this event is a preview of what to expect from the Winter Festival or any other seasonal/regular event "rework"... what a waste of time and money.

. I agree cause if they hadn't made this event as a joke and would had given us the mount as a free gift as a treat than yeah I would of said thanks to them if they hadn't ruined it for us to get
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    I'm honestly surprised that they weren't selling packages of those Bags in the Zen Store. Maybe thay are waiting for the last day or two to get the desperate people :)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited October 2018
    devs, remember, pumpkin king not happy, after they updated, chances are still toooooo tiny, not much
    any better.
    nearly every players got burned and upset. was this suppose to be fun?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    wylonus said:

devs, remember, pumpkin king not happy, after they updated, chances are still toooooo tiny, not much
    any better.
    nearly every players got burned and upset. was this suppose to be fun?

I don't know. It appears it is way better now. After the patch, I got 47 tasty treat in an hour. The day before, 3 total since the beginning of the event. I also got 30+ liar outside of PE in that hour.
    I also got the sash. Members in my alliance also reported they got the sash.
    It may still be considered as "bad" but before was way way way worse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • seventaru#1314 seventaru Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'm still not getting tasty treats or liars charm from killing enemies. Maybe 1 in 15 minutes of grinding mobs if I'm lucky.
    Not to mention still no witches sash, terrible drop rates on bristles and the pinatas themselves as well.
    Not fun at all.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    i got the sash after 3rd time yesterday after patch an went thru abt 25 b4 the patch an the treats..... 15 from strt to patch an after patch i finished the mission in under an hr....... its all abt how ur doim the pinatas i think or how ur mobin the mobs.... like the pinatas dont oneshot them take ur time or let comp finish them off..... an the mobs...... make sure ur in an area where they ur lvl an make sure u got ur team mask on lol (which im sure evrybdy already knows that lol but still sme forget lol)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I don't know if that made any difference. I went to WoD because it is more fun over there to aggro 5 to 6 groups and clean them all at once. Less time consuming and I could finish some quests at the same time. That is where I spend an hour.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    today, 100 bags, 13 pinatas, opened in stronghold 4 vouchers, 7 lesser healing potions. no sash.
    edit 10 bristles.
  • caspatia2#9228 caspatia2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This event is so terrible. There's so many people on (including me) that it's actually lagging and crashing the servers. Why are there so many people on? Well, the drop rate for everything is terrible, that people are staying on for hours, or days, trying to get the pumpkins, then the loot bags, then the pinatas, then the sash. This so stupid. And that's only one item, you also need astral diamonds and other stuff. Come on.
  • rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    One of my toons opened over 300 bags and got the sash on the 39th pinata. My other character has opened nearly 350 bags and only got 30 pinatas, and not one sash and this is after the patch. I wouldn't be so discouraged if I didn't already have all the bristles, the broom handle, the astral diamonds AND the tokens. I have enough tokens for two broom mounts. Just no freakin' sash. I've since opened 30 more bags, and not a pinata in sight.:(

EDIT: 450 bags, 56 pinatas later: SASH!
    Post edited by rustyroo13#1749 on
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    hey hey all yall opening the pinatas wit no sash luck..... try this.... try goin into a high lvl epic private dungeon an taking all ur gear cept the weapon.... an kill it slow c if that helps....(helped me get one) an if that dont wrk try goin into different places an opeing the pinatas (like the alteration tower or that other place where u get ur frst artifact while lvling up or the place under neverember u go to for the thrid eye campaign) c if any of this stuff helps it helpd me get one

One of my toons opened over 300 bags and got the sash on the 39th pinata. My other character has opened nearly 350 bags and only got 30 pinatas, and not one sash and this is after the patch. I wouldn't be so discouraged if I didn't already have all the bristles, the broom handle, the astral diamonds AND the tokens. I have enough tokens for two broom mounts. Just no freakin' sash. I've since opened 30 more bags, and not a pinata in sight.:(

was thinking maybe we would see the sash on halloween day since i thought it was always like that every year
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

was thinking maybe we would see the sash on halloween day since i thought it was always like that every year

Well, since the Enchanted Broomstick is new this year, it couldn't have been "always like that".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • seventaru#1314 seventaru Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    People like to work towards quantifiable goals. Grinding rng will always be unsatisfying because all of your work just feels like it's pointless.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Well over 100 pinatas. No sash for me.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't know how many pinatas? I would guess no more than 20 got me the sash. I went to a private skirmish dismissed my pet. I was using only one character to run this event. I started playing on the 23rd and spent no longer than 3 hours per day in most cases much less. I focused on nabbing pumpkins until I had 5 charms then ran around to the illusionist getting the 5 bags. Next I waited until I had a few (3 or more) pinatas and jumped into a private area to open them. I am not doubting those stating 100 pinatas, but I could never see opening that many with a 2 minute cool down timer. That is over 3½ hours just standing there opening them. I really wasn't concerned about getting the broom as my characters own purple mounts. I went in to this with the idea I would save all drops until I got the broom or trade it all in on the companion and dye. There is still 8 days remaining and I am sure many will get the broom mount, others will just give up.

My best wishes to all of you trying.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited October 2018

since the halloween event has came out this year is there a reason why they had to make the broom mount 50k while making the sash impossiable to get cause all ive been hearing so far is nothing but complaining about the event and how lame the pinatas where so why didn't they not just go the either way without making all of us work hard for the sash cause after I couldn't get that one for a second time that it made me not want to do this event anymore and was hopping maybe they would of fixed it

TBH i'm not really worries about the sash. The 1000 tokens to upgrade the Mask artifact is probably gonna be what makes me rage-quit.
    Post edited by wintersmoke on
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    What surprises me is that you lot are surprised that the event is a massive grindfest with a tiny drop rate.

I mean, come on, what did you expect?

I spent 30 minutes on this event right at the beginning and decided it wasn't for me. I am so happy I didn't waste my time on this. People really need to get back to doing what they enjoy in Neverwinter and stop chasing shadows or trying to grasp cold running water.
    edited October 2018
    Next Scene,

Pumpkin King walked into his lab and raging and ranting, "come to my lab and see what on the slab" as he was telling young pumpkin disciple with short blue blanket, he saw a scarecrow, king said "now i have army to take over!", and he look at the window, saw a thousand scarecrows all lined up.

"look! my Scarecrows, my army!, no blades can hurt and they dont bleed and no hammers to break, they have no bones, and they are fast and can overwhelm any defenders!" as king rambling along.

"Soldiers! I have declare a war!, let march!" as they were expecting victory.

hours later after the marching end and battle started, but Pumpkin King just ran away. "Inconceivable!", he paused, telling young disciple with blue blanket. "Fire! that what wipe out my army of scarecrows!"

And soon, he went to his room, disciple heard the king crying.....

end of scene.

terrible drop rates still way too low, and my 2 alts got sash for few pinatas, but my main has all the stuffs needed to make and burn over 70 pinatas, but my 2 other alts dont have anything to make one. plus i have 2 more alts not had started, at this rate of tokens pulled from Illusionist Bag are too low to get it before festival ended.
    this is terrible joke on my main character and my alts got nowhere able to craft it.
    did you guys find 4 "easter eggs" in the story? please let me know.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    wylonus said:

did you guys find 4 "easter eggs" in the story? please let me know.

One is a quote from Frank'n'Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show (the lab-slab stuff).
    edited October 2018
    took 4 days to finish Kill or Treat for my DC.
    lol, Thereal, you found 1, now find 3 others in story and from where.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, that's just the other fun part of the event... a character missing most of the mount parts gets the sash within a handfull of pinatas, and for characters with enough parts the bloody sash won't drop.

It would help, if at least some of those mount parts would be changed from character bound to account bound.
    I mean, the mount itself will still be bound to character in the end.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    no sash yet... but after reading your comments I didn't expect to get it anyway (~ 30 pinatas so far)
    this event is burdensome. no fun really.
    the special tricksters in 4 zones, turning and turning around and being thrown around makes me dizzy.
    very slow killing for treats... 15/50 after all weeklies.
    and I am not sure what the reward is about exactly, it's not a mask... it's not a transmute... it seems to be some 30 sec outfit effect... do we need it?
    i would very very much like to get the witches mask i currently wear for sweet kills as an armor transmute!
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Yeah, that's just the other fun part of the event... a character missing most of the mount parts gets the sash within a handfull of pinatas, and for characters with enough parts the bloody sash won't drop.

It would help, if at least some of those mount parts would be changed from character bound to account bound.
    I mean, the mount itself will still be bound to character in the end.

bound to account on everything in this event would be VERY helpful indeed!!!