test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck in Lessons Learned

After updating preview this morning, I am now stuck in the professions tutorial quest Lessons Learned. Yesterday, after making it to this quest I logged out because the artisan scripts were not working so I could not complete it. Today, I log in to hire the new batch of artisans at the desk, but after only four I am told I am at Max capacity of artisans - 8. I cannot upgrade the workshop again until later in the quest line, but I cannot have enough artisans to complete the quest?

Comments

• tyren15tyren15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same. Quest objective requires 10 artisans, but I can't hire more than 8 and can't upgrade the workshop to hold more.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Delete older character, and try again, it likely is fine!

I only copy character's a fresh after I notice the patch as successfully downloaded. Today I only copied 2 characters, after I noticed download, after 4-7pm (pacific) approximately.
    • At workshop 1 it only requires 4 Artisan's being hired or should and threshold is 8.
    • At workshop 2 it only then requires 6new, to bring the total to 10, the new threshold is 14.
    • Then this requirement goes away!
    • At workshop 3 it then grows your Artisans's to 20.
    • Have't gotten Workshop 4 yet, some reported issues, but don't know old characters, from previous builds.
    TRY deleting &/or recopying character today, and I suspect it may FIX the issue. Though I will try to CONFIRM my 2nd character also works, I always start new characters after each patch prior to new MOD testing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243757/new-professional-issues-since-1022a-3

That likely be a work in progress, over the next few days, depending how I feel...
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I started fresh, and you are indeed right. The other character is Hamstered.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    OK good.

I mean I 'not happy for the older character. But I think DEVs said they want to focus first on fixing issues that new players will encounter on launch. They don't want to spend time fixing an issue, that will only effect those on preview, which is likely a very wise & fair call.

And something we all want as well.