test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    r000kie said:

I knew the value of heroes would drop dramatically and then rebound. I recognized that would happen the moment the overhaul was announced

Is nice you did. This game is all about seizing the opportunities, but also sheer luck.

Well, I don't feel like it was luck. It was pretty predictable that everyone's pessimism would drive the market down hard. Similarly, once people started to get an understanding of how the old system would connect to the new one (and once people who had some cash and wanted heroes started buying), then the market would go back up. Obviously, heroes wouldn't command the same prices again because much of their value was in getting the RP tasks done faster.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    adinosii said:

There is an issue with the material satchel. Now, I know that I can free up a lot of space there by getting rid of obsolete materials, but someone who has not followed the discussion on the Preview forum may not be aware of a significant increase in the number of slots needed, and that can cause problems.

Here is an example.

I copied over a character that had 4 free slots for materials. When I opened the profession box I got initially, some of the items ended up in the 4 empty slots, but the rest was just, well...lost...didn't go into the overflow bag or anything.

Now, I know that I could have avoided this as I said, by getting rid of obsolete materials first, but my point is that there is no indication whatsoever that it is needed.

Thank you for the report, this issue should be fixed in the next preview build, you will be unable to open the box before clearing the proper amount of space in your inventory.

It would also be nice to see more powerful supplements. Each masterwork level should have its own supplements, but there should be a level requirement for using them, so as not to overpower the lower level recipes.

That should be the case as of the most recent preview build.
    mushellka said:

You can not use lower-level supplements at a higher level of profession.
    Is it really supposed to be ...?

For me it is a total misunderstanding. In this way, you made sure that all these supplements will become one-off. After moving to a higher level of profession, no one will create more, because for what.

Dont you regret for the time and work you put in them? If that's how it looks, instead of these doubtful supplements, you could create something that would have value for everyone, regardless of the level of profession and character.
    For example, new potions or equipment for companions that we asked you for.
    Complete waste of time...

This is absolutely a bug and will be resolved in the next build.
    adinosii said:

I'm sorry, but I have a SHOWSTOPPER-category problem.

I copied over a new copy of my main character (Tanya 47@adinosii) after the last update and started the professions.

At the time of copying, I had all 9 profession slots occupied with Finished Leadership tasks. I believe that will actually be a common scenario when people start up the game after downloading the new mod.

Everything was fine initially

Last evening I sent my two gatherers out to gather something (Copper Ore and Animal Hide, I think). They seem to have returned, as they are available

The problem, however, is that it says "Your delivery box is full", but I CANNOT interact with the delivery box.

I can make items at the workbench if I have all the ingredients at hand, but if I select a recipe where I am missing ingredients I also get the "Your delivery box is full" message.

The problem, as I said, is that the deliveribox is non-interactable, and I suspected this was due to the initial 9 leadership tasks. This effectively kills Professions for this character - I cannot progress in the tutorial or anything.

What I did next was to copy my character over for the second time (Tanya 48@adinosii), but with one significant change - I collected all 9 finished Leadership tasks before copying over the character (I also made sure there were enough empty spaces in my material bag). I made the exact same set of choices and this time everything worked absolutely fine.

This needs to be fixed - otherwise a lot of players will get stuck.

Thank you for the report, I believe this issue has been fixed since this post, but I will have our QA team double check, as this is an issue we will absolutely be double and triple checking right up to release.

Fix Major HP Armor Kit: Extra 80 HP and crazy IL:
    Should be +800HP +38IL

e.g.

Thanks for the report, this should be fixed in the next build.
    onodrain said:

The changes to workshop commissions are very adverse. Based on what has been posted, nothing was said about commissions being increased, only commissions being decreased for alchemy and jewelcrafting. This makes the workshop upgrades considerably more expensive and time consuming. If you do not spend AD on morale boosts, it will take about 2 months to complete enough tasks to get from Workshop Level 3 to Workshop Level 4. That is assuming completing 10 tasks/day using morale and 20 tasks per day being assigned. This does not include any intermediate tasks that might be required.

Is this the design intent for the length of time to get to WS3 and WS4?

When I guestimated the cost of WS3 to WS4 being about 5k gold, that was with making rings. Since you are lowering the commissions on these items, then it will be more expensive.

What is the design intent for the cost of the WS3 to WS4 upgrade?

If I pool all the gold on my account, I have about 10k gold. And that includes recently purchasing a few k off the AH.

The intent was for the workshop upgrades to be in line with what non-alchemy and non-jewelcrafting professions required to upgrade the workshop, but those cheaper recipes had not been rebalanced yet. We do not intend for one profession to be significantly superior for leveling the workshop.

@asterdahl

I noticed this nice item in Lvl 70 Jewelcrafting with the sweet movement bonus. However, I can only find this bonus for Control Wizard. Was this meant to be wearable by all classes? The CW hats in Tailoring all have the usual +1500 crit bonus.

Restriction to CW is not intended, hairpins are meant to be wearable by all classes, this will be fixed.
    nisckis said:

asterdahl said:

I'm responding to myself here, but after considering feedback on this topic further, we will be making all non-masterwork resources available at the exchange. However, resources above level 60 will be priced a little on the higher side in the exchange.

This is a great change, thanks a lot =)
    asterdahl said:

The artisan workshop size has been set to a debug value to allow for testing of additional artisans, the artisan storage size will be lowered for the next preview build and release, with additional artisan stora

Oh, too bad to know that we were seeing a debug version.

I do assume that 32 will be the limit at level 4. Could it be increased quite a bit? There are so many artisants that getting good ones on a single character would be really hard. From my point of view, it would be great either having a bigger maximum or giving a way to move them to other characters inside the same account (similar to them being bound to account).

At this time we do not plan to offer a larger space for artisans. For two reasons: we would like you to have to make difficult decisions about which artisans to keep, and not simply have the best artisan for every possible style of task on every possible profession; and are not able to reasonably offer more space until additional artisans are added to the system as manipulating your inventory of artisans could be used to significantly limit your pool of random results from a recruitment pack.

As it stands, it is still possible to manipulate your chances if you are hyper focused on a single profession, and we're okay with this, as we feel most players will want to focus on at least 2. Depending on your needs and goals, you can choose to specialize on a few professions or be more flexible.

@asterdahl Why is making Crates of Transmuted Gold so involved? Also, the expense for the hoops you have to jump through isn't really justified, either. 7g to 8g as a base commission price, before artisan multipliers, just to get 15g to donate? On top of that price, you have to gather:
    1. Flax
    2. Gold sand
    3. Oak logs
    4. Ash logs
    5. Iron Sand
    6. Fish stuff (to make fish glue)
    7. And stuff I'm forgetting

Then you have to:
    1. Turn the logs into lumber
    2. Make raw gold ingots from the gold sand
    3. Use the Iron sand and other stuff to make black ink
    4. Make fine parchment from the flax (and I think fish glue)
    5. Use the black ink, fine parchment, and 1x gold sand to make an Aureus Index
    6. Use the Aureus Index and 3x raw gold ingot to finally make the crates!

There are probably about 15 to 20 steps to make crates of transmuted gold for the guild. What's the deal? Seriously! This system shouldn't be this onerous to use. And if the crates of surplus equipment and jewelry are going to be this involved, that's going to be seriously disappointing.

EDIT: If it's going to be this involved, I'm going to have to carefully plan which characters are doing what in order to make these things with minimal effort.

We are examining increasing the gold contribution these crates add. Thank you for the feedback.

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @asterdahl said:
    > We are examining increasing the gold contribution these crates add. Thank you for the feedback.

Here's my take on this based on not being in a guild.

In the old system you could make a minimum of 1 crate for a cost of 29 silver. The amount of steps involved is roughly the same.

In the new system it will cost between 8 and 9 gold at base cost to make 3 crates if you succeed. With the chance at failure the issue isn't how much these crates offer for donation, it's how much these crates cost to make.

I'll also throw in that under the old system I could make crates with a single profession, Alchemy. The new system requires 4 professions, Alchemy, Artificing, Gathering, and Jewelcrafting.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

> @asterdahl said:

> We are examining increasing the gold contribution these crates add. Thank you for the feedback.

Here's my take on this based on not being in a guild.

In the old system you could make a minimum of 1 crate for a cost of 29 silver. The amount of steps involved is roughly the same.

In the new system it will cost between 8 and 9 gold at base cost to make 3 crates if you succeed. With the chance at failure the issue isn't how much these crates offer for donation, it's how much these crates cost to make.

I'll also throw in that under the old system I could make crates with a single profession, Alchemy. The new system requires 4 professions, Alchemy, Artificing, Gathering, and Jewelcrafting.

I hadn't even looked at what it took to make the crates...but that is just...well...ridiculous

profession pack gives vouchers

https://imgur.com/jEvYjYG

This is intentional, existing professions packs will not be changed over as there is no 1:1 equivalent in the new system. Instead you'll be able to exchange the contents for goods just as if you had opened them before the update.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    With low time requirement gathering tasks and high quality adventurers it is possible to never be able to stop a collection task.
    1. Start the task.
    2. Task goes to completion.
    3. Task restarts.
    4. Box fills.

At step 2 there is a "preparing to finish" lock on the task, if the time for "preparing to finish" overlaps with the start time you don't get the ability to end the task.

At step 3 you cannot end the task as it restarts automatically/instantly.

Once your box is full you cannot end tasks.

As a result you get tasks stuck in the loop and cannot finish them.

Hopefully that makes the problem clearer. The fact I live with 300-400 ping as a default may also be a contributing factor.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

With low time requirement gathering tasks and high quality adventurers it is possible to never be able to stop a collection task.
    1. Start the task.
    3. Task restarts.
    4. Box fills.

At step 2 there is a "preparing to finish" lock on the task, if the time for "preparing to finish" overlaps with the start time you don't get the ability to end the task.

Hopefully that makes the problem clearer. The fact I live with 300-400 ping as a default may also be a contributing factor.

It is not an endless loop. You completed a certain number of tasks. You have to accept delivery of all the tasks. So you have to unload the box over and over until the artisan stops delivering the tasks and you see the task in progress indicator. Then you can cancel the task.

Each delivery takes a few seconds. Even if you have an artisan going at 200% speed, you cannot complete a task faster than the delivery. But you can have a HAMSTER ton of completed tasks in Q to deliver. So if you do not take the time to let them be delivered, and removed from the delivery box, then it will seem endless.
    This isn't a response to any specific question but a general concern about recipe difficulty and the purpose of legendary tools. Based on feedback we will be lowering the required proficiency of Masterwork IV and V recipes to 1400 (from 1500), and Masterwork III recipes to 1350 (from 1400.)

We won't be adjusting the proficiency or focus granted by any tools, however, Legendary tools will be granted a 10% recycle chance, and Masterwork V tools will be granted a 5% virtuoso chance. The Forgehammer won't receive a bonus skill but will maintain its spot as the highest proficiency and focus tool at +600.

1. Start the task.
    3. Task restarts.
    4. Box fills.

Thanks for the report, this does help to clarify things more, we're looking into this issue.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

This isn't a response to any specific question but a general concern about recipe difficulty and the purpose of legendary tools. Based on feedback we will be lowering the required proficiency of Masterwork IV and V recipes to 1400 (from 1500), and Masterwork III recipes to 1350 (from 1400.)

We won't be adjusting the proficiency or focus granted by any tools, however, Legendary tools will be granted a 10% recycle chance, and Masterwork V tools will be granted a 5% virtuoso chance. The Forgehammer won't receive a bonus skill but will maintain its spot as the highest proficiency and focus tool at +600.

1. Start the task.
    3. Task restarts.
    4. Box fills.

Thanks for the report, this does help to clarify things more, we're looking into this issue.
    It seems to stem from tasks that generate stacks of 12 (most/all? gathering tasks). While the task is ongoing it seems to use individual slots for each of the up to 12 items, before consolidating into one slot. It looks even stranger when the tasks seem to generate +1 and regular items in the same task of 12 items. Start a few tasks that generate stacks of 12 and open the chest and observe, you will see the chaos. Especially obvious of you have crafting tasks like potions running.

multiple collects from the chest and run to the board will usually allow cancellation, but may take a few attempts.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    asterdahl said:

1. Start the task.
    3. Task restarts.
    4. Box fills.

I was one of the few, which later grew to many, asking for Tools to be increased. I think some wanted to see them increased even further than the slight increases I was asking for.

I admit it would have been nice if Well-Worn Mastercraft I tools were given +375, only so they were slightly better than Adamantine +1, as you can have several of those and only a single Well-Worn tool. But most also won't be having those tools very long, as they are eventually replaced with the Mastercraft II tool, and I think last build it had it's Proficiency increased by +25. :+1:

So I'm fine with this tool, just wished it given +5 Focus. Thank-You @asterdahl
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    BUG: The legendary philosofer Stone still cant be sold to the retainer.

(some1 who knows what a BBcode is or can turn the text into red, could maybe wrote this aswell, so maybe it can finally be looked in to)
  • theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Masterwork tools 4 that you can get by doing commision items? CHULATAN tools, No change to them as well?
    Right now:

Masterwork tool 2 have 430 375 you get them for free when you finish quest. EASY with forgeHammer.

Chultan Mastwork tool 430 430 you get them by creating 100-150 items (gold speend, time spends) if you have 75% chance then you will fail 25% tasks and again more gold, more time.

you can only make mastework Chulatan tool when you unlock Masterwork 4, and get commision items unlocked.

BUT

TitanSteal tool MASTERWORK 3 450 450 --- better tools with masterwork 3 than Chultan tools. (masterwork 3 have better stats)

but i still can't create or get Chultan tools because i did not unlock masterwork 4.
    When i have ability to work on my masterwork 5 i also can work on chultan tools.

Currently making chultan tools is a useless effort and with the lunch of MOD15 a small numer of people who actually made the items will be sad. They are bind to character and you cant sell them on AH. Dead end
    it would be apprieciated if they had the same impact as masterwork V +1 tools in current system.
    Please do the MATH and check which tools are more expensive. Which one are the exotic one from danger ZONE from which only a few could come back alive.
    Making them +1 masterwork 5 tool does not break the system or increase chances, but allow player already start working on them before the lunch. Not many people have masterwork unlocked.
    Additionallal stats like it is done for legendary tools is also welcome ;(

Please consider this post even so you already made decision to not change any tools.

From my point of view its look like a bug

Post edited by theothergaliusz#7671 on
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

nisckis said:

asterdahl said:

I'm responding to myself here, but after considering feedback on this topic further, we will be making all non-masterwork resources available at the exchange. However, resources above level 60 will be priced a little on the higher side in the exchange.

This is a great change, thanks a lot =)
    asterdahl said:

The artisan workshop size has been set to a debug value to allow for testing of additional artisans, the artisan storage size will be lowered for the next preview build and release, with additional artisan stora

Oh, too bad to know that we were seeing a debug version.

I do assume that 32 will be the limit at level 4. Could it be increased quite a bit? There are so many artisants that getting good ones on a single character would be really hard. From my point of view, it would be great either having a bigger maximum or giving a way to move them to other characters inside the same account (similar to them being bound to account).

At this time we do not plan to offer a larger space for artisans. For two reasons: we would like you to have to make difficult decisions about which artisans to keep, and not simply have the best artisan for every possible style of task on every possible profession; and are not able to reasonably offer more space until additional artisans are added to the system as manipulating your inventory of artisans could be used to significantly limit your pool of random results from a recruitment pack.

As it stands, it is still possible to manipulate your chances if you are hyper focused on a single profession, and we're okay with this, as we feel most players will want to focus on at least 2. Depending on your needs and goals, you can choose to specialize on a few professions or be more flexible.
    If that's the reason then it's perfect as it is =)
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    eeng1 said:

(some1 who knows what a BBcode is or can turn the text into red, could maybe wrote this aswell, so maybe it can finally be looked in to)

Correct...Legendary Philosopher's Stone still not listed at the retainer for trade-in for a new tool.

• smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    Honestly, I feel like Masterwork tools are useless. Anyone working on masterwork WILL use a gond hammer. There's no way around it. These tools should be replaced by upgrades you apply on an already existing tool (aka, a gond hammer) and have increase slightly the proficiency and focus. Each one able to be applied once, for a cumulative total of around 75 if everything is +1, 50 if not +1
    smulch said:

Honestly, I feel like Masterwork tools are useless. Anyone working on masterwork WILL use a gond hammer. There's no way around it. These tools should be replaced by upgrades you apply on an already existing tool (aka, a gond hammer) and have increase slightly the proficiency and focus. Each one able to be applied once, for a cumulative total of around 75 if everything is +1, 50 if not +1

Hammer of Gond only works on one task at a time. If you are making multiple things at once, you need other tools.

Unless something is much different from what has been written and what is on TEST currently, then getting your workshop to level 4 is going to be a HUGE ordeal for people. If you do not use AD to boost your morale, then it will take up all your artisan's time for about 2 months. That is with 20 top level tasks completed each day, along with an additional 10 tasks completed instantly using morale. That does not take into consideration the sub-tasks needed to create intermediate items.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Sorry, to tired to try and find the specific quote, but I am fairly certain Asterdahl stated that newly hired Artisans should be at the current level of the profession, which is true for the first 4 on the intro, but not for any that are 'hired' after that. For example even though Alchemy is level 70, two new Alchemists had random starting levels (one 25, one 46)

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
    > @krailov said:
    > Sorry, to tired to try and find the specific quote, but I am fairly certain Asterdahl stated that newly hired Artisans should be at the current level of the profession, which is true for the first 4 on the intro, but not for any that are 'hired' after that. For example even though Alchemy is level 70, two new Alchemists had random starting levels (one 25, one 46)

Just the first four, any artisans after that will not exceed your current level but may be below.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I don't know if it was posted, but:

Mithral Crucible conversion is wrong, gives one credit

Also:

SH Gems crates are MIA, latest build Even if not added now, any chance to post what is the total gold, and resources needed for that?
    Artisan Issue

Can't accept new artisan applicants.

My workshop is fully upgraded and I only have 22 artisans.

Crafting Issues

Still can't add lower level supplements

or use high-quality ingredients.
    edited October 2018
    Just loaded the recent patch.

At Workshop Level 1 it allowed me to Redeem Legacy Profession Slot Unlock. So I received the items into inventory. It allowed me to use both of the common artisan scrolls. It only allowed me to use two of the Rare scrolls before giving me an error on the third rare scroll. It did not allow me to use any of the epic scrolls. It also did not allow me to use the Artisan Recruitment Scrolls.

Once I got my workshop to level 2, it allowed me to use all the scrolls.

From developer comments, I had expected the upper level crafting materials from the retainer to be added and cost significantly more. However, all the intermediate materials greatly increased in price. (for instance, stilled water went from 2 to 8, fish oil went from 16 to 60) That is a significant change.

@krailov @mdarkangel#4696 Artisans from scrolls are all at the level of your profession. These are the scrolls from redeeming legacy profession slot unlocks and from purchasing with AD.

Only the artisans coming to your workshop for free are random levels.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

New proffesions tasks do not have tiers in case you fail an item.

On live is like this: .

Is it intentional?
    edited October 2018
    micky1p00 said:

I don't know if it was posted, but:

Mithral Crucible conversion is wrong, gives one credit

Also:

SH Gems crates are MIA, latest build Even if not added now, any chance to post what is the total gold, and resources needed for that?

I posted the then 'Weathered Steel Crucible' which appeared to be the Mithral Crucible as it gave 5000 Asset Credit in my 1008.a2 BUG Blog. Seems they did in fact change the name to match but still have changed the ICON to show it as Epic. This started in 1008.a2 for sure.

2nd Issue here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243406/new-professional-issues-since-1008a-2
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    As of Todays patch the max number of artisan's in now 8. If this goes live you are going to see a lot of people raging about professions, then leaving the game. As it is people have been asking for more Artisan slots, NOT less.

Copied a new Character and the max artisan's increases with shop level. False Alarm

Post edited by lordaeolos on
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
    edited October 2018
    eeng1 said:

It used to not allow being sold but then last I knew was corrected in 1008.a2 unless it's broken again?

(font color=red) TEXT (/font) replace brackets with the triangle looking version above Comma or Period.

RED is bug, AQUA is feedback.

As of Todays patch the max number of artisan's in now 8. If this goes live you are going to see a lot of people raging about professions, then leaving the game. As it is people have been asking for more Artisan slots, NOT less.

8 is not good - but I do understand 32, was likely far 'too' many!

I wrote one DEV saying 'I hope it not much less than 24, cause there are 8 professions (3x8=24) if you level each and every one, yet I honestly expected they'd cut it by no more than 20 at best. Not by a factor of 4x! Apparently it short-lived however - see the orange font below.

In the older days, most typically only level 4 professions. First they'd focus on their class Armor, Tailor, or Leather, then as a second also do Weapon or Artificing. Then the third would be Jewelcraft for rings, and even then only a few would level Leadership cause it took forever.

-----
    EDITED TO CLARIFY: Yea! Corellon answered the Elves prayers! Workshop 2 allows 14 max! Workshop 2 is 20! Faith in DEVs is SECURE! Wonder what Workshop 4 will offer? Yet another +6 I getting uneasy feelings about that? Maybe they reconsider the last to be +7. 6, 6, 7? ;)
    -----

On the 8 initial Artisan's, I like many panic fearing the worst, yet getting workshop 2 you at 14! This pattern continues right up to Workshop 4. So I've revised my 'two' thumbs down into a 'thumbs up' review. :+1:
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    Major power reinforcement kit +1 is still bugged and only offer 200 power instead of the 220 power it (logically) should give.