test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beaware of the Return of Cultists of Elemental Eye

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
after the end of Maze story arc and surviving shattered cultists of elemental evils. that projection of that banished drow mage, he is reforming the cultist and becoming better organized.

we all dont know when that is coming, mod 16 seem set for Dragon Heist/Waterdeep/undermountain. so they would be in Mod 17 or Mod 18 unless if devs have plans.

hopefully, we all get chance to see the Temple of Elementals and conclusion.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Or the devs will just drop the plotline leaving us to wonder.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Yeah, I've wondered when and if we would ever see a follow up to that. I would think it was something WotC had/let them drop to foreshadow one of their own later storylines, but nothing like that has come up yet.

I've also wondered about the end of the Cloaked Ascendancy, where Gyrion seemed convinced that something SO BAD was coming that the only way to "save" the Sword Coast was to flood it with the Far Realm. That's pretty... extreme.

My personal theory is that they are probably talking about the same thing, and that same thing is probably the Elder Elemental Eye. If the primordial chaos of the elemental planes had a black hole at the center trying to devour existence, it would be that. It's above the evil elemental lords and could be bad enough to justify Gyrion's extreme, albeit misguided, plans.
  • menkharmenkhar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    That would be a pretty cool thing to do -- tie up the Maze Engine and Cloaked Ascendancy campaigns with a big finale involving Vizeran DeVir as the "head lackey" of Tharizdun (Elder Elemental Eye) in a future mod. Would be nice to see some more Greyhawk references, too (apart from the lost Greyhawk adventurer group at the Barovian entrance gates). Mordenkainen, anyone (after all, in the tabletop module Shadow of Strahd, he was in Barovia for some time) ...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    we all know Temple of Elemental is a planar gateway to many realms, just like Micheal Moorcock's "Vanishing Tower" always phasing between the worlds, known as Million Spheres Conjunction.

it has connection to City of Brass, home of efreeti, the fire genies, and 3 other genies realms.
    i remember Tharizdun, a bitter cold and possiblity maybe located in Cania, one of nine hells dimension, Black Ice might be an orgin where it from, it corrupt anything that touch it.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I am shaking in my +3 leather boots of the stealth.