test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: The Heart of Fire Quests

2»

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

empalas said:

This is after last nights patch..Re-Retrieval quest doesn't seem to want to end properly. Get the egg and get back on the airship but the quest won't complete after that...its like I have to re-do it again for a third time???

+1. I just redid this quest for the THIRD time and it still wont give credit for completion. Please fix.

Update 1 - Fifth time running it. It still wont clear so I gave up. Will have to wait until the fixes.

Update 2 - Okay. I figured out where I went wrong. I dropped the quest and restarted. After talking with Onim, I went outside and boarded the airship without talking to Jim first. Its possible to run this quest repeatedly without talking to Jim but it will not register a completion. It can be quite confusing if you didn't pay attention like I did and go to the airship first.

Recommend that the airship be not accessible until you talk with Jim first. Otherwise a player will be running in circles with this quest.
    Thank you majorcharvenak.
    One other thing I will mention...I got both the retrieve and re-retrieve quest at the same time. so that might be what caused it to have issues. I talked to Jim for the first one. And then did retrieve operation. So my guess is that we shouldn't get re-retrieve until we actually finish the first retrieve...I recall Pack Of Lies/Company Of Wolves was like this at least originally too where you got both instead of getting COW after. Old Mill and Bonegrinder didn't have that issue.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    K-team challenge can be very intriguing for veterans. :)
    Its a very good way. It reminds me other mmos weekly raids.

Do you consider a tier3 only random mode to increase the challenge even more?
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    FUN FACT: Inside the AI HQ, climb the ladder all the way up to the ceiling and then jump. You'll briefly see the sky texture with the Chult volcanoes in the distance.

It's still not clear to me how to max out your weekly haul for the new campaign. The quests all seem to have a weekly cooldown.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    BUG: Lakkar's audio doesn't match the popups as you break up the red crystals. They appear to be in the wrong order.
    edited October 2018
    BUG: Typo in the dialogue with the beholder Qerbxyrox

It should read, "The manner of Dargmox's demise is no testament to how he lived."
    BUG: Typo in dialogue with Jaza

"Jaza has a key to a secret entranse, but it is aboard the airship of Captain Redfox.
    edited October 2018
    BUG: As you and Jaza are making your getaway, there are two AI airships -- one parked, one taking off.
    BUG: Typo in Earth Elemental Gem tooltip.

I'm guessing it should read, "Use: Summon an earth elemental for one minute."
    BUG: Confusing text for Renear's Salvation.

"Over at Manyfaces Tavern in Blacklake, the Harpers let me in on a secret:
    We have a contact there on the docks that can fill you in."

The quest sends you to the River District, so the part about Blacklake is confusing.
  • jmcintyredev#3253 jmcintyredev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you @hustin1 for your feedback.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    In the initial Blacklake quests the cultists have Dragon Cultists vocals and thus shout "for Severin".

I hate this addition to the game, but I guess I will have to suck it up if I want to continue my character's progression.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Doing the recover statue quest, Jhazel's cutscene didn't trigger. Not listening to any audio I didn't know what was going on. Couldn't access him directly as there is an invisible wall. So I went behind the invisible wall (to the left against the rock wall behind them) jumped over whatever that stuff was, killed everybody around the statue, incl Jhazel. Now I'm stuck. Left the area via the mineshaft, went back in and triggered the cutscene. Now I am able to approach the statue directly, but there is no Jhazel to kill, 'cause he already died.

I'm about to run all the way out, abandon the quest and start it again.

Edit: I used 'abort quest' from the GM Help menu and restarted.

Again, I descended the mineshaft and again, the cutscene didn't trigger. I exited via the mineshaft and went back to where I saw a campfire. I got the "you have discovered a new blah blah..." message. The cutscene triggered this time so figured it may have been because I didn't allow the campfire time to spawn correctly. If the cutscene is tied in to that campfire spawning, as in a sequential flow, I would move the campfire so it is near the mineshaft, much less chance for a higher ilvl toon to just blast by without even noticing it.
    Post edited by lordtweety#3604 on
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    When retrieving the gold statue, it's possible to kill the boss before the quest reaches that point. Every time I've run it, when I first go into the room, the quest doesn't progress. If you run to the left against the wall of the cave, you can get around the invisible wall and kill both the wizard guy and his lacky. To advance the quest, you need to leave the room, then come back in. But if you'd already killed the wizard, you're stuck and have to start all over.

In the repeated Information Acquisition quest, the dialog with the dwarf as to why you have to get another pick from the troll is kind of meh. Instead, I suggest something more interesting. This is a dialog change only:

You're the one helping with the itches, blah blah (same as now)

Well, turns out the Trolls have decided having a mithral pickaxe in their head has some sort of trollish religious significance. Something about releasing their inner troll power... Personally, I think they're just trolling each other. Also... I might have sold them the pickaxe for 2 gold, a snow rabbit, and an apple (you know how hard it is to get apples up here?!). Sorry about that, but feel free to go take it back - means more business for me!

By the way, I'm really enjoying this campaign. It's silly easy because of the low level mobs, but the campaign is cracking me up. I'm happy to see Cryptic's humorous side :)
    Post edited by kvet on
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Tried FBI in hardcore mode solo, I wanted to see what would happen when the party failed. I died (to be expected) and had to release. The instance was terminated and I was teleported back to the AI HQ where I queued from. Okay, you don't all just get ported back to the initial campfire and all the mobs reset, you get booted entirely and have to queue up again.

However I was still dead on arrival to PE and had to release a second time, and was then teleported to the Protectors Garden. That part is a bug.

Re: Minimum Item Level, I checked my gear score and the values on what I was wearing in the dungeon, I had both the min requirement option and hardcore checked but couldn't tell if my ilvl had been reduced by anything. Not sure if wai or if a bug.

My feedback on the two new queue options: Great idea in theory, but the only people that will be getting the 600 ilvl gear are the people that don't need it. No average group of players will ever complete Fangbreaker (for example) with no deaths. So only the elite will be able to complete it because it will require perfect timing and synergy of buffs, and an overall coordination of skills, classes and powers that average players do not have. That means it will be strictly meta, one dps and 4 support.

Was that the intention?

Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    When talking to Mella Brasshands to initiate her quest, if I first select the the Who Are You? dialog option, and then dialog ended as if I selected the actual quest path option. When I talked to her again to restart the dialog, I was presented with a "Remind me what you wanted" option, that indicates an assumption in the quest that I saw a dialog that I didn't.