test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Move all “Reusable” items to inventory of “Useful Items”

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited October 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Reusable Items.
Put all of the items of that kind into 1 category and put them into 1 place.

Almost 90% of items of this “type” are just for collection purpose. They all take space, a lot of space and you would not want to get rid of them, as they are hard to get.
Main inventory or bank space should not be a solution for collection storage.

[Vampire Hunter Kit], [Tarokka Deck Box] is already in inventory of “Useful Items”.

So what's the purpose of "Useful Items" inventory if you cannot store all the useful “non discard-able” stuff in 1 place?
Stop taking our inventory space, seriously. We have "N" slots used just from doing events.

Already in inventory of “Useful Items”:
M14 hunt inventory:
Tarokka Deck Box Vampire Hunter Kit

Fishing Pole:
Bright Angler's Fishing Pole Brilliant Angler's Fishing Pole Glowing Fishing Pole Ice Hunters' Fishing Rod Simple Fishing Pole Sparkling Starlight Fishing Pole

The full list of "Reusables"(still in main inventory):
600 sec:
Adorable Pocket Pet Chain of Scales: Chain of 2 Scales Chain of 3 Scales Chain of 4 Scales Chain of 5 Scales Chain of 6 Scales Empowered Chain of Scales Champion's Battle Horn Owlbear Figurine Tymora's Lucky Coin

60,120 sec:
Dust of Creation Lliira's Bell Portobello's Wand of Sight Wand of Wonder

Thrones:
Frozen Throne of the North Throne of Boo Throne of Celebration Throne of the Gamemaster Throne of the Lion Throne of the Shadow Dragon

Other:
20-Sided Die Bottomless Waterskin Bottomless Waterskin (Temporary) Decanter of Endless Water Dungeon Master's Guide Everlasting Water Bucket Poking Stick The Miniature Giant Space Hamster

Legacy:
Cloak of Lesser Etherealness

Voodoo Doll:
Batiri Voodoo Doll Chicken Voodoo Doll Dinosaur Voodoo Doll Undead Voodoo Doll Yuan-Ti Voodoo Doll

Related:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1242487/neverwinter-ui-revamp-fashion-items-inventory
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1242364/chain-of-scales-adorable-pocket-pet-tymoras-lucky-coin-dont-allow-to-switch-loadouts
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪
Post edited by someonedies on

Comments

• alcasaar#7232 alcasaar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Hi friend ,

I understand good what you mean about the items , bud for a old men like me here 56 years old B) what i don't understand is that we most do 5 differents quest before we can sell or items on the market , we spent uhrs like other gamers , what I did the last day's is buying 3 backpacks for my storage inventory problems , so more storage item slots. Ok thats not a problem buy some backpacks for me ... becourse they offer the game for free . So spent some money for the game np becourse the dev's that work on the game they dissurve it. But I can chat only in the Party chat , so not in other chat rooms zone , trade ....
    And i did all the 5 quests , what i see is that 2 quests " Collecting the past " and " Driving back the Orcs " don't dissepeare out my quests and they are completed. If I read fora's they say it is normal that we can't sell and chat the first day's.
    Hopefulle is this a bug , I sent a ticket for this. More I can't say becourse they offer the game Free , thats kindly offcours.
    What i did to is buy me 90 day's prenium " Rank 3 " So why I don't have than the permission for using the Market or chat ?

Hopefulle you understand my english becourse i m not so good in typing my english text ... sorry .
    Admin or moderators please checq my english text here , and you have the permission for correcting my post.

Kindly Regards to all

PS: Please don't kill me for this post. For me the game is perfect and a special congrats to the Dev's , Admin , Moderators for what they do for all the gamers from this game .... Special the live help chat , Thats a super option and service for all the gamers!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User

Reusable Items.

[Vampire Hunter Kit], [Tarokka Deck Box] is already sitting in inventory of “Useful Items”.

I think a lot of items can and should be moved to the "useful items" tab, extra healing potions other potions, skill kits, refinement stones, healing stones, ID scrolls, transport scrolls, dragon defense scrolls so far for me at least, the useful items tab is woefully underutilized - except for keys and items that don't stack, that should.

My 2¢

DD~
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Reusable Items.

[Vampire Hunter Kit], [Tarokka Deck Box] is already sitting in inventory of “Useful Items”.

I think a lot of items can and should be moved to the "useful items" tab, extra healing potions other potions, skill kits, refinement stones, healing stones, ID scrolls, transport scrolls, dragon defense scrolls so far for me at least, the useful items tab is woefully underutilized - except for keys and items that don't stack, that should.

My 2¢

Dude, all this junk is easy to get and discard. I'm talking about "collectible toys"; you cannot discard them in the trash like this.

I'll update OP and add a full list of "reusables", but later.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Hi friend ,

I understand good what you mean about the items , bud for a old men like me here 56 years old B) what i don't understand is that we most do 5 differents quest before we can sell or items on the market , we spent uhrs like other gamers , what I did the last day's is buying 3 backpacks for my storage inventory problems , so more storage item slots. Ok thats not a problem buy some backpacks for me ... becourse they offer the game for free . So spent some money for the game np becourse the dev's that work on the game they dissurve it. But I can chat only in the Party chat , so not in other chat rooms zone , trade ....
    And i did all the 5 quests , what i see is that 2 quests " Collecting the past " and " Driving back the Orcs " don't dissepeare out my quests and they are completed. If I read fora's they say it is normal that we can't sell and chat the first day's.
    Hopefulle is this a bug , I sent a ticket for this. More I can't say becourse they offer the game Free , thats kindly offcours.
    What i did to is buy me 90 day's prenium " Rank 3 " So why I don't have than the permission for using the Market or chat ?

Hopefulle you understand my english becourse i m not so good in typing my english text ... sorry .
    Admin or moderators please checq my english text here , and you have the permission for correcting my post.

Kindly Regards to all

PS: Please don't kill me for this post. For me the game is perfect and a special congrats to the Dev's , Admin , Moderators for what they do for all the gamers from this game .... Special the live help chat , Thats a super option and service for all the gamers!

Welcome to Neverwinter! The reason chat and auction are locked is to stop people that use chat to advertise off site sales of AD and gold. The gold sellers were a really bad problem a few mods ago, so the game developers made it so that new players had to play the game for a few days before they could talk , or use the auction house, that is how the gold sellers would transfer items.

Happy hunting!
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    if they only added the stk/shoenstar/omu area treasure maps on the useful items tab I would be happy
    B)
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
    Hi friend wintersmoke ,

Like you say a few day's ok with that , bud it's at the moment a few weeks ! At the moment i m lev 42 and it still the same issue, so i send the support a ticket about it , they work on it they say ... at the moment my inventory has the max on bags , and everytime i most refined my items and the stuppid low items i sell them on a merchant - bud i urn nothing on it , SO I CAN'T USE THE MARKET AND CHAT !!! All my mission are done - I still have the warning ingame that i most do the 5 missions -->> They are done ! Don't forget i spend allready 100 Euro on the game.

Best Regards
    edited October 2018

Hi friend wintersmoke ,

Like you say a few day's ok with that , bud it's at the moment a few weeks ! At the moment i m lev 42 and it still the same issue, so i send the support a ticket about it , they work on it they say ... at the moment my inventory has the max on bags , and everytime i most refined my items and the stuppid low items i sell them on a merchant - bud i urn nothing on it , SO I CAN'T USE THE MARKET AND CHAT !!! All my mission are done - I still have the warning ingame that i most do the 5 missions -->> They are done ! Don't forget i spend allready 100 Euro on the game.

Best Regards

Did you do the 5 games in order (starting with the quests in Protector's Enclave then Blacklake, then Tower district, etc.) or bypass those low level places and do 5 games from other areas?

I'm only asking because I'm curious and perhaps it isn't doing "5 games" so much as doing the first 5 games a new player is usually assigned.

DD~
    edited October 2018

dionchi said:

Reusable Items.

My 2¢

Dude, all this junk is easy to get and discard. I'm talking about "collectible toys"; you cannot discard them in the trash like this.

I'll update OP and add a full list of "reusables", but later.

So we differ on out thoughts about which items should go into the "useful items" tab to save inventory space.

There is little doubt in my mind the items I mentioned, and quite a bit more are "useful" and regardless of how easy they are to accumulate or dispose of, I'd be carrying (and using) a lot more potions, scrolls and other items if they didn't take up valuable inventory space waiting for me to use them.

So I eagerly await your list if items you deem "useful".

While we're at it what's the deal with load out gear taking up inventory slots?

Cryptic wants us to buy a bunch of load out slots but all of that gear needs an inventory space so they can be swapped out? No thanks... I'll stick with the two freebies as just those two load outs already take up 12 inventory slots.

DD~
  • ktstubble1771#1120 ktstubble1771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I totally agree.

The inventory as it stands is too cluttered and just adding bag slots is like tossing gas on a fire.

I am ok with the potions and stuff in my main inventory, and other stuff i like to keep tabs on.

stuff that kills my inventory:

treasure maps
    hunt lures and maps
    transmutes - like those flipping winter scarves and event weapon transmutes
    quest items from campaign quests (i have at least 2 bags full of quest stuff for each toon)

would be nice to put these somewhere else, a new tab maybe? useful items? anywhere else but cluttering the main inventory. i don't really need to find or see most of these things to use them. give them a new home, like when the fashion stuff got its own inventory tab. would be a nice QOL change to see. in my opinion at least
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    This is a compiled list I've seen people mention so far:
    Quest Items
    Skill Kits
    Treasure Maps
    Wanted Posters
    Trophies and Lures (stacking them like maps and posters)

I think the above list would be the most relevant items to fit in th Most Useful items tab because they don't really require any interaction to use...they automatically disappear like keys.

The following items would be nice too, but they would be more accpetable leaving in the inventory bags because we can interact with them from the bags...aside from the ID scrolls which can be used via the Identify All option.

Potions
    Healing Stones
    Transport Scrolls
    ID Scrolls
    Invoke Blessings
    Refinement Stones

If you mean refinement stones like marks of potency and enchanting stones then I think those could be acceptable to put in there too, but stones like the black opals, peridot and such would be best left for the bank and bags.
    A separate item tab for refinement items would be even better, but then we could be cleaning out the bags too much which would lessen the need for bank slots.
    dionchi said:

Hi friend wintersmoke ,

Best Regards

Did you do the 5 games in order (starting with the quests in Protector's Enclave then Blacklake, then Tower district, etc.) or bypass those low level places and do 5 games from other areas?

I'm only asking because I'm curious and perhaps it isn't doing "5 games" so much as doing the first 5 games a new player is usually assigned.

There are specific quests you have to finish in order to unlock the chat & trade. Any five of...

Protectors enclave
    tower district
    Blacklake district
    plague tower
    Blackdagger ruins
    helms hold
    neverdeath

You have to complete them to the point that you get the achievemet "... Maps Complete" & the NPC sends you back to Sgt. Knox.
    Hi wintersmoke ,

Finally a good answer, I have finished all those missions ... finally I can chat and use the market, little question, do you have to do this for every new character that you create?

A much appreciated thank you =)<3

Best Reagrds
  • apoptygma09#5143 apoptygma09 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @alcasaar#7232 said:
    > Hi wintersmoke ,
    >
    > Finally a good answer, I have finished all those missions ... finally I can chat and use the market, little question, do you have to do this for every new character that you create?
    >
    > A much appreciated thank you =) <3
    >
    > Best Reagrds

NO just one time Its account wide
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

> @alcasaar#7232 said:

> Hi wintersmoke ,

>

> Finally a good answer, I have finished all those missions ... finally I can chat and use the market, little question, do you have to do this for every new character that you create?

>

> A much appreciated thank you =)<3

>

> Best Reagrds

Not sure that's correct. I believe the account unlock does not occur until at least character reaches level 70.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Please check the OP. I added a list for you. The list is not full yet but you know.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    zephyriah said:

> @alcasaar#7232 said:

> Hi wintersmoke ,

>

>

> A much appreciated thank you =)<3

>

> Best Reagrds

Not sure that's correct. I believe the account unlock does not occur until at least character reaches level 70.
    On PC, as soon as one toon completes the 5 quest chain, all characters on the account are unlocked.