test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: Hunter Ranger Class Changes

Comments

• lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ok, new version of AotS is nice, but you forgot to bring back old dmg values. Please do it 3% dmg per rank with 2 stacks, or add 3rd stack with existing 2,5% bonus per rank.
    Another thing i want to ask is to rework fox cunning and boar hide to buffs that are not removable while being hit, for the pvp purpose.
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @noworries#8859
    Thanks for fixing Aspect of the Serpent to a better viable mode, but since now the stacks were lowered to only 2 (from 3), please adjust us back the damage bonus per stack to 3% (at least) as of before, elsewhere rather to have earned a gain, now the power result to have got a nerf.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    So, what's the summary so far..?

Dodge got better.
    Archer path got trashed.
    Trapper path got trashed.
    Combat got buffed slightly, unless pack is still broke.
    We got some halfassed party buffs that no self-respecting party would choose over anything else.

Is that it..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Thats basically about it, archery still sucks, trapper got wrecked, combat stays about the same.

16k+ Combat HR
    They should just give every HR a "become a GWF" token and be done with it.
    I'm honestly not mad about my damage as an combat HR though, at higher ilvs you can out dps GWFs of the same ilv and do respectable dmg in regards to TRs, maybe not as high but reasonable.

What irritates me is 99.5% of players outside your alliance just ignore you the moment they see HR, so many players are emotionally scared from carrying archery HRs that we are treated like lepers. We dont need an "I Win" button but just make meaningful changes to the archery tree so people stop being traumatized by our class.

16k+ Combat HR
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Actually archery suck more with the new stillness of forest. I don't get why they are saying they are making archery viable but the changes actually putting archery in a worse condition. The changes only benefit archer to be at melee range. If they are trying to make archer to play at melee range, it completely destroy the unique element of archer as a range class. I mean why play archer if its just another melee class. I might as well play combat or trapper spec to be honest if I want to stand that close up in the front. In fact there is not reason for people that favor range combat to stay in this game anymore since all class and spec are only effective in melee now.

I just love it when the developer are clueless of what they have done. The game began from an interesting well mix of playstyle type of game to a mundane one trick playstyle type of game. Thanks for catering everything towards the meta, this game are so stiff to play now. What build are there that are specialize in range combat? What build are there that specialize in locking foe down in CC? What build are there that specialize in healing? Anyway, this game started with everything but only to end up with only a certain things. Instead of harnessing the potential this game has, the developer are removing each and every aspect of a class. Probably its easier for the developer since things are simpler but it just rob the fun out of the player. Its pointless to give us good or even epic dungeon content when we cant even play the class that we like.

Also the dungeon design in this game is not much special anyway. Its all hack and slash theme. There is no dungeon in this game that require a certain expertise to play it. Expertise like trap finding, stealth, arcane lore, divine lore. Well it started with only cloak tower that consist of traps but that's just it. If they are making trap to deal high damage (possibly of oneshotting a person) instead of only causing annoying injury that require injury kit to remove, and make the trap to be hidden in randomize area in the dungeon, remove self healing stat from character sheet, traps might be dangerous again and on top of that healing spec might be viable. They might make those resources available for future dungeon design, consequently making future dungeon more interesting.

But anyway enough of my off topic rant. All in all, there are a lot of interesting things this game has. If it isn't because the developer poor insight in deciding the direction of the game, a lot of these things could have been different right now. Because they gave it up instead of brainstorming, remove instead of fixing, this game have pretty much limited resources to use to make things interesting.
  • indritindrit Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Ok the problem with the old Stillness of the Forest is the buff range, so they either had change the feat to this current one or change the game mechanics so buffing range from all skills and companion attack range is increased. They followed the shortest path. Personally this new change looks fine for pve since at least we receive the buffs at melee range, until the mechanics are changed so buffing range is increased this change should be fine to make archery a viable dps path even if it means close range archery. I too would love to be able to dmg while getting full buffs from range, but with current mechanics its not possible.
    edited October 2018
    indrit said:

Ok the problem with the old Stillness of the Forest is the buff range, so they either had change the feat to this current one or change the game mechanics so buffing range from all skills and companion attack range is increased. They followed the shortest path. Personally this new change looks fine for pve since at least we receive the buffs at melee range, until the mechanics are changed so buffing range is increased this change should be fine to make archery a viable dps path even if it means close range archery. I too would love to be able to dmg while getting full buffs from range, but with current mechanics its not possible.

Sorry but no SotF doesn't looks fine for pve, since this talent is bad by its concept, since how they designed it, they want the HR to stand still on place while everyone knows this game is about mobility for DPS classes, if you stand still for over 2-3sec on same place you are simple dead (red circles), this feat seems designed for a TANK, and a HR is not a tank, if they want us to stand still on place to build the 6 stacks (6 seconds) then give us 90% deflection severity while doing so to overcome all the massive incoming damage, so if the HR has to become an immobile toon then give us a way to stay alive. What simple has to be understood is that this talent should had never been reworked and if you want rework something then remember that you are editing a DPS class that relays on mobility and that we aren't a tank class that stay proud in front of the boss with his shield up.
    Post edited by krondhor on
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 before the next mod comes out, revert aspect of the serpent's damage back to it's original value now that only has 2 stacks again, this is more like a nerf for trapper instead of helping it.
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    For what its worth, I'm not as happy as others with the latest version of AotS. Why even have a 3rd encounter power now? There is no longer any need to hit the 3rd encounter or your at-will ever. I would rather they go back to the old version and fix Thorned roots proccing issues, as MANY have mentioned.
    edited October 2018
    myrinx said:

For what its worth, I'm not as happy as others with the latest version of AotS. Why even have a 3rd encounter power now? There is no longer any need to hit the 3rd encounter or your at-will ever. I would rather they go back to the old version and fix Thorned roots proccing issues, as MANY have mentioned.

Why you play just with 2 encounters? (joke mode off) at least with last version you can have simultaneous a melee and archer buff together, without that one mutual exclude the other one, but definitively the damage buff is (atm) nerfed, due 2,5% was calculated to be given toward 3 stacks and not 2 stacks like the old version which had 3%, so definitively if they want help the HR buffing AotS they have to give raise the buff damage at least to something above 3% with just 2 stacks to have this called a modify that give us a benefit and not a malus as of now.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    myrinx said:

I dont think this is accurate.... I imagine you will still need to use the 3rd Encounter, an At-Will and/or Daily for the cool-down off Swiftness of the Fox. Just 2 Encounters then switching will more than likely not be enough to fully cool down the opposite powers. Unless you have really high recovery which is silly on a Trapper.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited October 2018
    Btw. Is pack broken again on live..? I usually solo the rank3 hunts no problem today it took forever.
    indrit said:

This shows the changes to sotf is unnecessary. This is what happen when they did not go for the right solution. They are wasting resources. They are wasting it by changing sotf now and wasting resources again when they change sotf again in the future. It will be more efficient that they use those resources they waste on sotf to fix the buff range issue. Tbh, IMO they have no clue what they are doing. There are simply no reason to waste resources on something that isn't the solution except that they clueless of whats going on.
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    "I dont think this is accurate.... I imagine you will still need to use the 3rd Encounter, an At-Will and/or Daily for the cool-down off Swiftness of the Fox. Just 2 Encounters then switching will more than likely not be enough to fully cool down the opposite powers. Unless you have really high recovery which is silly on a Trapper."

I was sort of joking as there are definitely still cooldowns to contend with. I just have a lot of fun working my way through my powers, watching stacks etc. It had a nice flow. I just feel like its sort of dumbed down with no dmg increase to show for it.

And, would it be silly to stack recovery? You know someone will have the super recovery build at some point just to try it, haha
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    At the end of the day it looks like we will have to suffer through mod15 and hope that mod16 will provide some brightness for HR changes.

We are not in a bad spot currently but I feel like our class is not being developed well (or at all) in recent incrementations. Not to mention that trapper HR was not developed for many mods now.

So I guess - loose all hope for mod15 and fingers crossed for mod16? Anyone?
  • mausromausro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Guys, i think the only solutions to solve the archery problem is to make the second weapon a short bow range that will get the party buff and then move into long range. They just need to twich a little the melee powers into a short range bow and its all done!
    I feel the players who wanna play a ranger bower as i for one have played in every other game i`ve tried. Dont ruin the range archer class. Take a look at other games that didnt had a range bower or didnt work properly... they adress the problem asap by doing the short/range bows or by makeing a piercing /magic bow atack class....wonder why?
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Considering what they just did to my TR as balancing, I'm not at all looking forward to what they've got planned for my HR in M16.
    Reality check.

The current dev team have been in charge of the game for less time than some of the longer term players have actually been playing. They've inherited a whole mass of code the complexities and interactions of which they don't have time to completely fathom, let alone the added chaos of synergies between cross class powers. They also know the lifetime of neverwinter is limited, 5 years plus is positively ancient in mmo terms. The urge to milk the cow before it dies is strong. They have wizards above banging them on the heads to produce some kind of content, however half-baked, on schedule and hang the glitches.

HRs - thnx to getting zero love since mod 10 - are one, if not 'the' least popular classes... so we get a mixture of the nerfbat and bandaids, lest we - horror of horrors - start competing against the game's beloved gwf.
    jonkoca said:

Reality check.

The current dev team have been in charge of the game for less time than some of the longer term players have actually been playing. They've inherited a whole mass of code the complexities and interactions of which they don't have time to completely fathom, let alone the added chaos of synergies between cross class powers.

Well in a competitive business world, a new guy are expected to learn everything and be good at it so he can get into his job in a shortest time possible. Its no excuse to be still a noob especially when its been more than 3years after they reset the team in mod 6. It just shows they are not serious about it.
    So this thread has died?

No feedback from the Dev's except I think 1 post. I have no idea if they are going to continue down the path of destroying Stillness of the Forest!

Oh I just want to point out that changing it to standing still completely conflicts an absolute ton of things. From at least 4 Feats which increase your Movement Speed and attack animations that actually force you to move. There is equipment which inproves movement speed (a Helm I use gives me Movement for each Ally in my team). Then things like Longstriders increases your Movement speed etc etc etc.

Complete joke of a Feat if you change it to conflict half the stuff in the game.

I will wait to pass judgement on Aspect of the Serpent... if you can build both stacks then thats great. If you lowered the damage then its another thing destroyed and probably will be dropped.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    We're buffing longshot, and we're nerfing it. So have fun. you get nothing in the end.

Since you're resisting, have a stillness rework. Please stand still and die.
    ghoulz66 said:

We're buffing longshot, and we're nerfing it. So have fun. you get nothing in the end.

Since you're resisting, have a stillness rework. Please stand still and die.

Yeah dude it just makes me laugh...

Stillness of the Forest (Reworked): Now increases your damage dealt and crit chance by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5% for each second that you stand still, stacking up to 6 times. You will lose 1 stack per second while moving. Stacks are not lost while out of combat.

Why the fudge would you stand still out of combat let alone in combat? Out of combat you will be moving simple as that, or are you just going to stand still once the closest enemies are dead etc?

This proposed Feat is just awful... Have they even looked at half of the mechanics in the game which force you to move pretty much constantly.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    "So this thread has died?"

Dont worry, they have seen it, they made sure to delete 4 entire pages of replies from this specific thread.

As others have pointed out;

Step 1: Ask for feedback
    Step 2: Ignore the feedback
    Step 3: Delete the feedback
    Step 4: Count your money and laugh

At this point im spending less time getting upset and spending more time playing other games, its getting close to the point of moving on for me.

Im tired of having to beg and grovel to get into anything, this entire game is "LFM DC and OP only pst", im online to have fun, I dont mind grinding or working towards goals but its just not even remotely fun anymore.
    16k+ Combat HR
    avenfell said:

"So this thread has died?"

Dont worry, they have seen it, they made sure to delete 4 entire pages of replies from this specific thread.

As others have pointed out;

Step 1: Ask for feedback
    Step 2: Ignore the feedback
    Step 3: Delete the feedback
    Step 4: Count your money and laugh

At this point im spending less time getting upset and spending more time playing other games, its getting close to the point of moving on for me.

Im tired of having to beg and grovel to get into anything, this entire game is "LFM DC and OP only pst", im online to have fun, I dont mind grinding or working towards goals but its just not even remotely fun anymore.

Yup. I m already at the other game since last year. At least the developer there knows what's going with their product and they discuss with their community frequently. They actually did livestream with the community and discuss about in game matters every week. They share the developer thoughts on certain problem and how they intend to fix it. They are also very clear minded about their product like when someone suggest something that would break certain things in the game, he would point that out.

Unlike Cryptic developer here that does not have a deep grasp on their product and are always suggesting changes that will break a certain aspect of their game. I know the last thing most MMO developer wants is to disfigure a class into something unrecognizable. Thus they are very careful when they doing rework on their class. But Cryptic here tend to do things the other way round. They seems to be pretty reckless at class rework. The stillness of forest changes are one fine example. Instead of going for the buff range issue, they change sotf that isn't even broken but in fact are keeping archery tree in check as a range dps tree. If their intention is to have archer to play within 15' of buff range, then it not only kill off archer as a range class but it also introduce to a gameplay that's so stiff that everyone must move and fight within that cramp up 15' radius. There are no room to even play with positioning. The room is so big and archer don't get to snipe foe from certain vantage point? Even whisperknife have to throw their knives 10' away. Sensible way to use a throwing knife huh?

TLDR, the developer from my other game just gives me more confident than the developer here.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Why not buff longshot to at least 50% weapon damage? It's clearly doing nothing atm.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I hope devs consider longstrider's buff to last at least 1 second more for module 16, currently, the buff lasts 4 seconds and basicly it takes half a second to get out of the "encounter lock time animation" and casting powers like gushing wound or hawk shot takes another second, so you end up with ~2,7 seconds of real buff to "enjoy". And also consider Hindering Strike's charges to benefit from cooldown reductions, like Blade flurry from TR, and reduce it's "reapply time", because there not much point on having a power that uses charges if theres a "cooldown" between charges. Overall, that would help Trapper a little more with it's flow in battle.
    divectore said:

I hope devs consider longstrider's buff to last at least 1 second more for module 16, currently, the buff lasts 4 seconds and basicly it takes half a second to get out of the "encounter lock time animation" and casting powers like gushing wound or hawk shot takes another second, so you end up with ~2,7 seconds of real buff to "enjoy". And also consider Hindering Strike's charges to benefit from cooldown reductions, like Blade flurry from TR, and reduce it's "reapply time", because there not much point on having a power that uses charges if theres a "cooldown" between charges. Overall, that would help Trapper a little more with it's flow in battle.

You mean Hindering Shot... Hindering Strike is a melee Encounter whilst the ranged version, Shot, is the one with charges :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe