test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Special Hotfix Maintenance [10/26]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2018 in News & Announcements
All platforms will undergo special maintenance tomorrow, October 26 from 7 to 9am PT, for a hotfix to increase Masquerade drop rates. Patch Notes are available:

PC Patch Notes
Console Patch Notes

NOTE: Due to this being a hotfix, the name of the previous build version will be displayed player-facing even after the update is live; the build version name display only changes internally.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    How about the Leira fashion item? Is it wai, to be an exact copy of the summer event Sunite fashion?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Thank you
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

How about the Leira fashion item? Is it wai, to be an exact copy of the summer event Sunite fashion?

It is not, but being low priority it might take a while to be fixed.
    FrozenFire
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

All platforms will undergo special maintenance tomorrow, October 26 from 7 to 9am PT, for a hotfix to increase Masquerade drop rates. Patch Notes are available:

PC Patch Notes
    Console Patch Notes

There is no caramel apple emoticon, so you will have to make do with a :cookie:
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    There is a reformed cultist speaking nonstop all his lines on loop in front of the companion store by PE bank but there is no reformed cultist on display. He's also on loop so its probably causing some performance hits to your server side hardware.
  • waffles#7786 waffles Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    can anyone point me in the direction of a game like this one but without all the down times please.....
  • what is a shard and why does it have to be maintained?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Tks for the fix !!
  • garvan#8770 garvan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm trying to be as sympathetic as possible but this hotfix is totally uncalled for. Droprates for a totally insignificant quests are too low? Just drop the quests. There are easily twice as many quest as needed to fill the meter and they are 100% needless to do in order to get rewards. You do a maintenance when everyone is unhappy with long downtimes, yet you gives us another one. On a friday, not midweek..
    You could have just ask us to write a guide for this event and send the link to everyone. More people would have been made happy by that than how many got angry now.
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm seriously considering to quit this game because of all this downtime, and sorry to say it but I think I'm not alone in this
  • waffles#7786 waffles Member Posts: 18 Arc User

I'm seriously considering to quit this game because of all this downtime, and sorry to say it but I think I'm not alone in this

Im right there with you , this game has more downtime then any other 3 mmos ive played added together.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    The recent downtime isn't anything to do with the game itself but Cryptic moving servers and we've had advanced notice of it plus the current event has been extended to 2 weeks as they knew there would be downtime.

• acerkaacerka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    when the downtime end? :/
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @acerka said:
    > when the downtime end? :/

Never 9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • sbblolsbblol Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    when the downtime end ?
  • craft#2263 craft Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Nov 30th I think is another of those long downtime's where servers are been moved?
    Well, I hope after that we will see more of a normal weekly updates. There are mmo's that I have played like Everquest 2, GuildWars 2 that are never down more than an hour for an patch update two times a week, so why 3 - 5 hours for this game hmm....
  • garvan#8770 garvan Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Nov 30th I think is another of those long downtime's where servers are been moved?
    Well, I hope after that we will see more of a normal weekly updates. There are mmo's that I have played like Everquest 2, GuildWars 2 that are never down more than an hour for an patch update two times a week, so why 3 - 5 hours for this game hmm....

It has a usual downtime of 2 hours a week. Thats the same amount as 2 times 1 hour.
    As it has been stated a quadrillion times the extended maintenances are because of a server migration.
  • acerkaacerka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    its 26th October... just downloaded the game to try it.. it was online server till the patching finished.. thani t turned to down for a month?! no funny :-1:
    :o:s
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    if you wanna leave cause of down time feel free to, no one is gonna stop you and we cya! Man people really need to grow up.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    For console big win. No more private all v 1 sh seiges. I stopped running it long ago but chat is blown up with it all the time
  • gee#8801 gee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Can you hotfix everyone who has previous mask that cant upgrade it past epic is fixed.. its totally backwards to have to discard and rank up another thanks
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    This is odd, g.34 came out this morning, but my system will not update from g.29. I have never had a problem before today. Any ideas?
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • davinximodedavinximode Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018

This is odd, g.34 came out this morning, but my system will not update from g.29. I have never had a problem before today. Any ideas?

same with me. it doesn't patch to .34

PS:
    and also, i can log in to game without any trouble regardless of the mismatch of the patch.
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2018

same with me. it doesn't patch to .34

PS:
    and also, i can log in to game without any trouble regardless of the mismatch of the patch.
    Same here. I can log in regardless. Tried all of the following:
    1. Rebooted computer, load game again -- No Change
    2. Used 'Force Verify', exited game, reloaded -- No Change
    3. Logged into PreviewServer, then back to Live -- No Change
    4. 'Force Verify' again -- No Change
    5. Turned On-Demand patching off, logged in/out, exited game, reloaded -- No Change
    6. Turned On-Demand patching ON, logged in/out... -- No Change
    7. Prayed to Tymora -- No Help there... :-)

At a loss here...

EDIT: I did not read the first msg very well.. disregard.
    Post edited by demenoss#9306 on
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    On Ps4 the update crashed the AH.....cannot post anything for sale....
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User

You're smoking something right? Trying to compare the downtime of a 20 year old mmo to something not even 10?

Also, EQ/EQII hasn't had less than an hour patches in years.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?