test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2018

i wanted to make an item giving extra focus but i cant create it since i cant find on this example the phlisopher focus.

is that a bug or missing item to craft?
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I can't wait till the November professions change roll out, especially since I suspect there are a great many players who don't play the preview shard, or read the forums (some don't even read the News blurbs) and the rest of Neverwinter sees their professions tab become useless.

Protector's Enclave zone chat should be a riot...

*perhaps we should consider taking up a collection to provide funds to buy aspirin and anti-acid tabs for the moderators and developers... :3
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User

I purchased a "Professions Artisan Recruitment" item from the old to new store and have not been able to open it. I get the message [Error] You do not meet the requirements for this item.

I also had an unclaimed Common Artisan Recruitment (from the old 9 slots) and get the same error when I try to open it.

I have the same error on existing toons in preview, and one I just copied over this week

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • sormovichsormovich Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    onodrain said:

sormovich said:

Can you make resources transferable through Shared Account Bank?

You can mail them unless they are bound. The bound items are the ones you buy from your retainer. Instead of trading your old materials to the retainer for credit, you can send the old materials to your crafter via mail if you want to consolidate materials on one character.
    I know that, but sending mail takes more time than using bank, because you need extra steps such as writing descriptor, selecting and deleting mail.. It's annoying, when you just can't give a stack of required material to a char quickly, instead of writing a letter.
    Sorry for my English.
  • draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    The new profession system seems very confusing. The developers state that the value of tools will be pre profession announcement but this does not appear to be the case for the legendary tools. They seem to be valued a lot lower. If the best percentage of success is going to be 75 percent then the prices of the best equipment is going to be sky high. Currently with legendary tools that give 95percent success rate I get periods of 2 or 3 failures in a row. If this is the case in the new system it does not bode well for crafting. Legendary tools should retain their value and effectiveness since they are so expensive to obtain before this profession revamp was announced. The players need consistency in this change and the work of the players needs to be respected.
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs should known that, heard a few who paid 600k-1.4M ADs for purple leadership access and only to be taken away. they want equal value return.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    wylonus said:

devs should known that, heard a few who paid 600k-1.4M ADs for purple leadership access and only to be taken away. they want equal value return.

I spent 8 million AD to equip 8 characters with 14 heroes each. This let me run Clerics of Ilmater x3, Wizard's Seneschal x3, Corvee Labor, and Crates of Astral Diamonds all at maximum speed bonus. That said, I don't really have an opinion on whether my investment is getting an equal value return in the new system. I think I'm mostly resigned to the fact that I am getting what I am getting in the new system for them, and I am going to spread the vouchers across my and my wife's characters as intelligently as I can to ensure all of them are able to help contribute to guild resources going forward.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    sormovich said:

onodrain said:

sormovich said:

Can you make resources transferable through Shared Account Bank?

You can mail them unless they are bound. The bound items are the ones you buy from your retainer. Instead of trading your old materials to the retainer for credit, you can send the old materials to your crafter via mail if you want to consolidate materials on one character.
    I know that, but sending mail takes more time than using bank, because you need extra steps such as writing descriptor, selecting and deleting mail.. It's annoying, when you just can't give a stack of required material to a char quickly, instead of writing a letter.
    I agree with you that it would be more convenient. If it takes 30 minutes of developer time, I am all for it. If it takes 8 hours of developer time, I would rather have something fixed that is broken.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    lowjohn said:

asterdahl said:

There's a lot going on in this post, and I'd like to respond to more of it but for now I'd like to clarify a few points which you brought up. First, yes you need to succeed in order to get a high-quality result, so if you have a 75% chance to succeed and a 25% chance to get a high-quality result, you must first successfully roll to make the item, and then that success must roll to find out whether it will be a high-quality result.

So it's two separate rolls? 3/4 chance to succeed, and then 1/4 of successes are high-quality? Meaning, 1/4=4/16 failure, 3/4*3/4 = 9/16 success, 3/4*1/4= 3/16 high-quality success?

Not a single roll with 1/4 failure, 2/4 success, 1/4 high-quality success?
    Yes... except put 3/16 into a %: 18.75% chance. Not really that bad a chance to be honest. 1000x Better than the chance of getting a legendary item from a lockbox, or a tasty treat drop in the Halloween event.....

For anyone curious as to the math:

High Quality Item = 25% of 75%, so if you have 100 tries, 75 will (probably) be successes, then of those, 25% will (probably) be high quality - mathematically, that works out 75/25 = 18.75.

As a proof, pick an arbitrary number of tries... say... 72312

25% of 75% of 72312 = 13558.5

Find the % of total: 13558.5 / 72312 = .1875 = 18.75%
  • durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User

@asterdahl Why is making Crates of Transmuted Gold so involved? Also, the expense for the hoops you have to jump through isn't really justified, either. 7g to 8g as a base commission price, before artisan multipliers, just to get 15g to donate? On top of that price, you have to gather:
    1. Flax
    2. Gold sand
    3. Oak logs
    4. Ash logs
    5. Iron Sand
    6. Fish stuff (to make fish glue)
    7. And stuff I'm forgetting

Then you have to:
    1. Turn the logs into lumber
    2. Make raw gold ingots from the gold sand
    3. Use the Iron sand and other stuff to make black ink
    4. Make fine parchment from the flax (and I think fish glue)
    5. Use the black ink, fine parchment, and 1x gold sand to make an Aureus Index
    6. Use the Aureus Index and 3x raw gold ingot to finally make the crates!

There are probably about 15 to 20 steps to make crates of transmuted gold for the guild. What's the deal? Seriously! This system shouldn't be this onerous to use. And if the crates of surplus equipment and jewelry are going to be this involved, that's going to be seriously disappointing.

EDIT: If it's going to be this involved, I'm going to have to carefully plan which characters are doing what in order to make these things with minimal effort.

(end of quote).

My take on that, is that it's foolish to believe jumping through MORE hoops in crafting is in any way, enjoyable. Crafting for the guild is a major focus in the game for me. It suspends belief in the system to make it more of a PITA than it already is. This is exactly the type of 'fix' I was dreading with the new system. Given a choice, anyone would reject it.

My take on that, is that it's foolish to believe jumping through MORE hoops in crafting is in any way, enjoyable. Crafting for the guild is a major focus in the game for me. It suspends belief in the system to make it more of a PITA than it already is. This is exactly the type of 'fix' I was dreading with the new system. Given a choice, anyone would reject it.

Well, I'm hoping that I can figure out how to minimize the pain. Since you and I are in the same alliance, it'll make it really easy for me to share anything I discover with you. Crafting for the guild is the main thing I do with professions. In fact, I've stopped doing any Leadership, outside of Corvee Labor and Astral Diamonds, in favor of surplus equipment and gems. (I ran out of Aqua Regia for gold, which is fine since I have 10k in crates in the bank right now.)
  • mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I really disliked seeing +1, ..., +5 in the rings and now you are adding it to weapons, too. What is going to happen with my MW3 weapon set? Will its item level be adjusted? Which version will it become? +1? You are overcomplicating stuff.
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    mindache said:

I really disliked seeing +1, ..., +5 in the rings and now you are adding it to weapons, too. What is going to happen with my MW3 weapon set? Will its item level be adjusted? Which version will it become? +1? You are overcomplicating stuff.

Current MW sets will be the +0 or whatever - IL 560 IIRC, and we can only make +1 atm it seems.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Well, I'm hoping that I can figure out how to minimize the pain. Since you and I are in the same alliance, it'll make it really easy for me to share anything I discover with you. Crafting for the guild is the main thing I do with professions. In fact, I've stopped doing any Leadership, outside of Corvee Labor and Astral Diamonds, in favor of surplus equipment and gems. (I ran out of Aqua Regia for gold, which is fine since I have 10k in crates in the bank right now.)
    A little off topic tip. During the Jubilee each year (unless it gets changed next year), all guilds really should consider building the vendor that produces gold. The amount it produces compared to the other choices for the coffer is unbeatable. If/when the coffer fills to max (and it probably will), then change to the resource most needed.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    zephyriah said:

A little off topic tip. During the Jubilee each year (unless it gets changed next year), all guilds really should consider building the vendor that produces gold. The amount it produces compared to the other choices for the coffer is unbeatable. If/when the coffer fills to max (and it probably will), then change to the resource most needed.

And in most cases that will be Astral Diamonds. There's also the Assayer that can be built anytime to collect gold for the coffer.
    zephyriah said:

I prefer to build the one that gives Treasures of Tyranny. That currency is the hardest one for my guild to collect!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Here's something that just jumped out at me. I've been grinding HE's in Dwarven Valley of late to try to get the black ice offhand -- the one that Urgus Battlehammer shows you when you ask, and the last piece I need to complete the collection. The problem is, you apparently can't get it anywhere -- you can't craft it nor can you buy it. A glaring omission, no? Any chance on adding it to his store?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited October 2018

It was removed long ago. It was only a level 60 weapon (when that was level cap) and they never made a level 70 version after EE raised the cap. It now resides with the removed dungeons. It has been requested to add it back at least for a transmute in the past.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Aren't all old black ice armor and weapons in Campaing store now ??
    rafaelda said:

Aren't all old black ice armor and weapons in Campaing store now ??

Armor is as are cloak and belt, but weapons were never brought back.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Casual observation:

Seems to me about half of the items players pick up from opening skill chests are current professions ingredients, I wonder what if anything they are going to be replaced with for the upcoming professions change?

Also some of the items players pick up from random drops during quests, campaigns and random dungeons and skirmishes are also current professions ingredients, will they be changed to something more relevant to the new profession change, changed to something else entirely or just eliminated?

Something that makes you go "Hmmm?"...
    chidion said:

Casual observation:

Seems to me about half of the items players pick up from opening skill chests are current professions ingredients, I wonder what if anything they are going to be replaced with for the upcoming professions change?

Also some of the items players pick up from random drops during quests, campaigns and random dungeons and skirmishes are also current professions ingredients, will they be changed to something more relevant to the new profession change, changed to something else entirely or just eliminated?

RP is back in skill chests on preview. The ones I've opened seem to have 1 RP item mostly a black pearl and 1"treasure".

I haven't checked the other things you mention.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    chidion said:

Casual observation:

I get junk (gray items) from skill chests about 50% of the time on live. The other 50% I get a variety of things, including profession items.

On test I got junk(worth 5 silver) and black pearls from skill chests.

I think they want you to get normal profession resources from gathering only. But you will be able to purchase profession resources from your retainer when you trade current resources for credits.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I am finding the gold cost of crates of Astral Diamonds deceptively prohibitive.

Sure, 75.12 silver pieces per attempt looks cheap if you don't think long-term but we are going to have to live with this system from here on out.

People that try to help their guild using their alternate characters to craft crates are going to find themselves struggling in a few months time.

Someone that has the task running one time each on just five characters will have to cash out 900 gold per month.

And let's not forget that guild mark wise crates are virtually worthless which is not precisely going to help motivate people to go through the trouble of gathering all that gold.

If this isn't looked at, small and medium guilds are going to start feeling the heat before mod 16 has even arrived.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?

I am finding the gold cost of crates of Astral Diamonds deceptively prohibitive.

Sure, 75.12 silver pieces per attempt looks cheap if you don't think long-term but we are going to have to live with this system from here on out.

People that try to help their guild using their alternate characters to craft crates are going to find themselves struggling in a few months time.

Someone that has the task running one time each on just five characters will have to cash out 900 gold per month.

And let's not forget that guild mark wise crates are virtually worthless which is not precisely going to help motivate people to go through the trouble of gathering all that gold.

If this isn't looked at, small and medium guilds are going to start feeling the heat before mod 16 has even arrived.

Yeah, I'm worried about this, too. My approach to Gathering on all my characters is going to be to prefer adventurers with negative commission modifier, 20% or 25% Dab Hand, high proficiency, and no attention paid to speed or focus. I'm not really going to care how fast or slow they are because:
    1. I will have 17 characters performing Gathering tasks.
    2. I tend to plan the resources I need two or three construction projects in advance.

Labor is going to be the big thing that my guild needs, even though we'll have close to 300k in the coffer before the next update comes out. That'll go fast inviting the recruiter week after week. I'll have a little room to breathe and organize myself before my guild is in dire need of surplus equipment, gems, gold, or astral diamonds. In the end, I'm just hoping that I will be able to afford whatever the gold costs are to run these tasks. I've been crafting surplus equipment, gems, gold, astral diamonds, and labor at maximum speed since early September (just before the announced overhaul, actually), and I'm feeling a little burned out right now.
    r000kie said:

asterdahl said:

Keep in mind we will be pricing these items roughly based on their current auction value, and not on any past values or systemic rarity. If an item once sold for a large sum but no longer does, we won't be giving you an exchange rate based on the old value, in the same way that if the system remained unchanged you could no longer get back that original value from a sale.

You're absolutely right about this, but also please be aware that the very moment you launch/price/remove anything in the preview server, the live AH reacts accordingly. By under valuing purple artisans against blue, the AH on live reacted accordingly. Same with, for example, dragon eggs and aggregates. I did correctly assume that those items will have almost no value in the new system (unless something change till launch), hence I sold most before finally the new tasks were unveiled last patch. What I did not foresee, was the value of leadership assets - so I sold some at way lower value than today (just 2 weeks after) because someone decided to change their value in credits of preview. But regular epic/blue difference on preview (not 1:4) makes no sense.
    Regarding the italicized sentence: I completely agree that purple laborers should be worth 4x as much currency in the asset exchange in the new workshop. It shouldn't matter whether the purple laborers were previously worth less than 4x as much as four blue laborers were.

Regarding the bold sentence: I feel like you should have foreseen this coming. I knew the value of heroes would drop dramatically and then rebound. I recognized that would happen the moment the overhaul was announced. I figured they'd get down to about 1/3 what they were before and then go back up. When they did get down to about 1/3, I purchased a handful more. Also, you should have expected the developers to mess around with the exchange values in the new system. The fact that those numbers would change was (and always will be) a foregone conclusion whenever they're putting things on preview.