test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perspective on M15 Changes

This discussion was created from comments split from: M15: Control Wizard Class Changes.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

What is a TR buff path? It's like a TR with MW weapons with a 1% group buff ????

Or like buffing other DPS ego, by them outdpsing TRs?

It is a work in progress build. I mean what the devs have planned is happening more in mod 16 than in mod 15. Mod 15 seems like it is a move towards giving TR a buff build for 16. It will take some time.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2018

micky1p00 said:

What is a TR buff path? It's like a TR with MW weapons with a 1% group buff ????

Or like buffing other DPS ego, by them outdpsing TRs?

It is a work in progress build. I mean what the devs have planned is happening more in mod 16 than in mod 15. Mod 15 seems like it is a move towards giving TR a buff build for 16. It will take some time.
    Well, just so I too know what gave you that idea, can you give me at least 2 TR powers (skills, feats, anything) that are actually a buff? What was changed from mod 14 to mod 15 that is an indicator of a buffing build ?
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2018

1) TR, HR, CW, SW, and DO DC damage will be similar to each other

Sadly, you are incorrect about the TR damage. But, we will probably be able to out damage OPs!
    Or, maybe, your TR knowledge far out paces our own... can you share your reasoning?

3) Buffing we have changes to the TR to provide a buff path, solid updates to SW and HR and really bad updates to CW

TR buffers? Oh, man, I am on the edge of my seat to know which TR powers buff the party. Please share!
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Sadly, you are incorrect about the TR damage. But, we will probably be able to out damage OPs!
    Or, maybe, your TR knowledge far out paces our own... can you share your reasoning?

3) Buffing we have changes to the TR to provide a buff path, solid updates to SW and HR and really bad updates to CW

TR buffers? Oh, man, I am on the edge of my seat to know which TR powers buff the party. Please share!
    Well, Caycay still managed to onephase so it's not god-awful, but it will definitely be a struggle.

However TR buffer = omegaLUL
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @mebengalsfan#9264

I want to express that you are wasting time trying to explain any of the points to people who do not want to reasonably and patiently understand what you're proposing or simply tend to act irrationally without realizing that TR as a class is completely broken to little pieces so that developers see how to fix it over a longer period of time.
    Jumping to conclusions can and will happen, so your theories on class balance are taken in a rather negative tone to the point of being mocked openly without any particular reason tbh. As you state "it will take some time", so will the realization of the people who openly attack you once the dust settles down.

Unfortunately, this GREAT INJUSTICE (and I will call it like that because it sucks) happened to TR players and I wholesomely dislike it as it actually made my wife to stop playing altogether. I do hope that developers who've given us great content circa MOD13 will actually be able to figure this one out by the time MOD16 hits.

And my TR friends are on the edge of their nerves which - given this situation - is absolutely reasonable!
    I'd be sure not to step on any TR toes at this hard time for them and I'd actually like to see their class having at least some form of a viable buff to the party, as a power, so that they can get into parties without having to play only and only DPS since I really have no idea when MOD16 will be coming. It can take up to February/March... One buffing power to help TRs to actually farm a bit of something as AD salvage is out of the window in a week or so. I rarely saw 15K TRs even entering CODG, and whenever they enter it's always CODG as a DPS.

Unfortunately, your consolation on the premise of telling TRs to "be patient" doesn't seem to work very well to any degree for people who feel completely betrayed (and reasonably so), even though a Party Buff would be a temporary fix prior to the actual fix of the class down the road which would make the class viable despite not having damaging options. This can be done through the effect of "Bleed" per se, which would allow the party to receive something like +5% Crit Strike or Arpen or Damage itself.
    It doesn't stack with Other TR's power, but the uptime can be there at all times with two TR's.

The fear that comes out of that is as follows : What if that Buff sticks to the class and the class becomes 2nd CW? Broken, left in half, without anything really interesting to do? Because that too is a viable situation I think that it is okay if some TRs may appear slightly angry over what you proposed or what would be the logical scenario in this case (give buff power), it's reasonable and understandable that they want nothing to do with debuffs whatsoever as they were building DPS classes.

However, I'd actually like that various TRs would give the same support to the CW who did, in fact, survive (barely) its deconstruction and went to a full debuff scenario for a long time. One of the dangers of META playing is that there will be people who do not understand what CW is all about and think of them as a support character (or vice versa) only.

So I think it's better to lay it off as it does pollute the topic of MOD15 CW with unnecessary informations about both TRs and GWFs. Of course, this is just a proposition and I apologize if you feel like I've overstated or overlooked something from previous discussion. In that case, I'm simply calling you to follow your own advice from previous pages and keep it strictly CW-like in the topic. Thanks!
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Well, Caycay still managed to onephase so it's not god-awful, but it will definitely be a struggle.

However TR buffer = omegaLUL
    The one phase was done prior to removing the smoke bomb/ AoC interaction. Just as an FYI, @gromovnipljesak#8234. After that, we lost an additional 25% of our damage. Conservatively.

Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    My perspective on m15 changes from a PvE TR's standpoint is overall dislike of those changes.

In effort to balance the class it was unbalanced, in a bad way for PvE TR's. Instead of fixing the buggy interactions the focus was on changing the core buffing mechanics of the class and replacing them with unworthy versions, sending the class to the bottom of the dps food chain and all those who say otherwise arent actually experienced PvE TR's.

TR is pure dps class and has been like that for a long period of time, at least 3 years which is how long i play. As such, pure dps, it doesnt need party buffing abilities (for those who claim that TR has party buffs, it doesnt) and only had indirect buffing abilities through Shepherd's Devotion insignia bonus, which has been drastically lowered now with Power increase gone from Dailies.

While the feat trees have received some positive rework, the bug fixes and the Daily changes have greatly nerfed the DPS output and have halved the performance of TR class. Like all other obvious broken changes to TR, such as double dip m14 SoD and AoC Bomb, this has been reported in time, way before it goes live but as usual, the response from the developer team is yet to happen. It seems like they dont believe our words how much they nerfed the TR.
  • odinslasherodinslasher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    OP’s can deal more damage than trs. FYI