test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Empowered Illusionist's Mask

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited October 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
OK, this item is pretty neat - possibly BiS for some builds as a secondary artifact, in fact.

Now, I had assumed this would be obtainable through the Masquerade of Liars, but the two posts about the event https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11008433 and https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11010693 do not mention it - just the regular mask.

So, how do we get the Empowered version? Is this maybe the first step towards allowing us to Empower all artifacts ? Or, even, are they maybe planning to allow us to empower all artifacts, and we only got to hear about the Empowered Illusionist's Mask because they had to update its page anyhow when they added Mythic rank to it (Previously it only went up to legendary).
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Looks like the perfect secondary artifact for both AC and DO. Not many AP gain artifacts out there and this one would easily beats all of them. I hope it will not be another apocraplyse dagger and be annoying to acquire. I would love to replace my thyan book with this.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Hmm...it seems they updated the post...so, get the Illusionist mask to Mythic, then exchange it for a green-quality Empowered one. Fair enough.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I had a legendary one for more than a year.. discarded it.

:/
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    BiS for TR but not for my AC.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Hello. In regards to the original Mask, does it have to be Legendary to trade in or just Epic? If Legendary is needed, will the special refinement items be available to do the upgrade as in Veil of Shadows, Veil of Mists...Etc? Thanks
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
    robtn said:

Hello. In regards to the original Mask, does it have to be Legendary to trade in or just Epic? If Legendary is needed, will the special refinement items be available to do the upgrade as in Veil of Shadows, Veil of Mists...Etc? Thanks

I expect it will have to be fully refined - that is, Mythic.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The regular Mask can only go to Legendary (level 100). I just need one item to do the upgrade. Should have that later today. Then it's just gathering the 1000 tokens.
    cdnbison said:

The regular Mask can only go to Legendary (level 100). I just need one item to do the upgrade. Should have that later today. Then it's just gathering the 1000 tokens.

Right...my mistake.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

I need the 2 Mementos of Leira.

And pres wards...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is a bug where a mask gets upgraded but stays at level 99, 'ready to upgrade.' Color changes to Legendary however. Looking at the vendor, the bug doesn't seem to stop you from redeeming the new artifact but I won't have enough tokens until today.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    If known can someone pls list the reqs for getting the original masks from purple to legendary and the new mask from green to mythic pls? I have the originals at blue but and was going to do purple today but dont want to if the trade in options bug out or disappear (as reported elsewhere) until I farmed up all the matts.

The empowered masks follow the same upgrade process as the original (matt wise) or standard arti upgrade procedure? We need this events specific matts or can still be done outside of the event? Ty for any info.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    My CW will really like those stats. As a pure CC build she relies on keeping enemies perma-controlled.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @chivonica I upgraded mine from blue to orange, they need the event mats to do this, but when I upgraded from blue to purple and purple to orange there was no upgrading by level, it went directly to each "color" upgrade (I am assuming they want to get rid of these old masks so are making easy to upgrade instead of making us do each level)....I hope this made sense and helps :)
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    To anyone wanting to get this artifact I advice reading this forum thread that discusses a problem/bug that can slow down the process a few days.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1243679/purple-mementos-disappear-from-event-vendor-after-illusionists-mask-refined-beyond-blue
    @tazz4now Thanks. I am bit confused by what you mean upgrading by level. You upgraded from blue to orange using the event matts, this I expected but I read the matts trade in/exchange disappears after upgrading to purple (idk if thats for the old, new or both masks or if it even happens) and don't know if once traded in for the new green mask it takes the event matts to upgrade as well or just normal refining ect.

If the new mask needs the event matts to upgrade too I would like to farm up any matts before upgrading old mask to purple/orange and trading in for new green mask to avoid the possibility of exchange disappearing so I can just upgrade the masks quickly without having to farm the event for a lot more days then necessary.

If the new mask is upgraded as normal RP etc I will probably just take the risk of the exchange disappearance and upgrade as I wont need a lot of the event matts for this but if not I want to farm all event matts needed for the new one too using the exchange before upgrading. I hope this is a bit clearer and you or anyone else can shed some light on this.

To anyone wanting to get this artifact I advice reading this forum thread that discusses a problem/bug that can slow down the process a few days.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1243679/purple-mementos-disappear-from-event-vendor-after-illusionists-mask-refined-beyond-blue

Yeh this what I mean. I think I just need to know if the new mask needs the event matts and how many if so.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You can get one of each Memento each day anyway.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Yes but I wanted to try and minimise my playtime during the build up to the festive periods baring new releases ect. So I just wanted to know if the new empowered mask needed the event items or not so I can blast through fully upgrading some for 4 of my characters without having to do dailies every day or so. I will just buy a few extra of each and try it on an alt and see what happens. Thanks anyways :) .
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @chivonica what I meant was when I upgraded from blue to purple and purple to orange there was no need to use anything to go from lvl 60, 61, 62, etc to 100, it just automatically allowed me to upgrade each color right away

I haven't traded mine in yet so I don't know what is needed to upgrade in mats on the new one, I think I will use one of my alts to farm the mats just in case though and collect the daily stuff, as soon as I can I will trade the old one in and see what it takes, if no one else answers I will update when I am able to
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    chivonica said:

greywynd said:

Yes but I wanted to try and minimise my playtime during the build up to the festive periods baring new releases ect. So I just wanted to know if the new empowered mask needed the event items or not so I can blast through fully upgrading some for 4 of my characters without having to do dailies every day or so. I will just buy a few extra of each and try it on an alt and see what happens. Thanks anyways :) .
    You can exchange veils for momentos so you can get all the momentos you need in one day if you want.
  • bobdole#3422 bobdole Member Posts: 7 Arc User

chivonica said:

greywynd said:

You can exchange veils for momentos so you can get all the momentos you need in one day if you want.
    Can you ? you can exchange once when your mask is blue, but after that you can't anymore... unless when you get the empowered mask, it is unlocked again, is it ?
    No you cant and the memento exchange stays gone even when empowered mask is acquired and upgraded. The event matts are not needed for the new masks so if you want several on the same account to pass around or are just starting the event and want new mask(s) asap then the memento exchange sticking around would be really helpful.

Is a long event and not a lot matts needed for old masks apart from 1k tokens but can average approx. 150 bags p/hr, min 2 tokens, max 3 in them so not bad if done in one go or spread out imo and no need for lots of dailies unless you want to. It did give me flash backs of SKT voninblood though and the fake/bugged pumpkins didn't help either :#