test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 15 weapons

harleyman#5848 harleyman Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Are the mod 15 Mc weapons going to be better than the primal? Will the weapon dmg increase on the mc out perform the primal bonus dmg?

Comments

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    We don't know as dev are actually playing with IL and stats of weapons at the moment
  • Options
    avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    We do know though, yes, they are drastically more powerful, you can simply view the preview shard forums and pull up the patch notes threads.

In that post users have posted side by side images of the current and new versions of the weapons. There are 2 issues though;
    1: Cost - even though it costs roughly 700-900k in materials they are currently selling for 2.2 to 2.5 million AD each since the release of the patch notes.
    2: Mod 16 - The devs have already stated that we will be getting a new weapon set in mod 16 so these masterwork weapons will only be BiS for roughly 2 months, its a very large investment for that time frame.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    3: as @tassedethe13 already said, the version on preview isn't final and may yet be changed again.

4 : I still don't know if the +1 version can be exalted or not, that would bring it to IL 580.

Considering the IL570 version only, you'd get :
    1.13(base damage)*1.02(MW bonus)/1.1(primal bonus)=1.048
    +4.8% damage compared to exalted primal with the added bonus of not having to trigger the primal bonus and giving a small boost to your team.
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I don't want to tell anyone what they should do, but even if SH weapons will be changed to the state like they are on preview now - we still get new weapons in mod16. And from what we can (sadly) expect of Cryptic - they will be BiS.

That's why I'm not even interested in MW weapons. My arguments are:

1. Tons of AD for weapons which will be considered BiS just for 2-3 months.
    2. No new content which will require stronger weapons. I literally don't need them to complete anything that's on live server now and in mod15 we get a skirmish.
    3. Laziness.

But if you have lots of spare AD you can give them to me get the masterwork weapons. After all it's a game and we should do what we like to.
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    These new improved master works weapons,rings,belt and neck are they going bump up the current ones upon mod 15 release or its entirely new and different master works gears which need be forged after mod 15 launched?
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Yes and no. Already existing MW weapons will be bumped to the new item level but the new +1 MW weapons will have to be crafted, and refined, and exalted.