test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE adjust Random Advance Queue!

1. Adjust the minimum item level to at least 13k (you can get 11k item level without really doing much of anything).
2. Adjust the difficulty of the encounters (so that 11k players don't get smashed b/c they're undergeared and/or don't know what they're doing).

My preference is (1.). But I would accept (2.) as well. In either case, do SOMETHING. You're ENCOURAGING people to abuse the Random system by going AFK (etc). RAQ is a circus right now.

Comments

• avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Just stop que'ng for it, its an absolute waste of time, in the time it takes you to complete MSP or FBI even with a good party a player of any ilv can farm atleast twice, if not three times as much RaD in open field methods.

Example, run the yester hill ring in barovia farming the human berserkers and arch druids for salvage drops

Or

Run the old mill route to farm scraecrows for swords cards and the witches for salvage drops, then farm easy 1star posters stacked with swords cards for free salvage boxs

The RaQ is an absolute joke, I can finish the expert que quicker atm, just stop wasting time on it.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • avenfell said:

Just stop que'ng for it, its an absolute waste of time, in the time it takes you to complete MSP or FBI even with a good party a player of any ilv can farm atleast twice, if not three times as much RaD in open field methods.

Example, run the yester hill ring in barovia farming the human berserkers and arch druids for salvage drops

Or

Run the old mill route to farm scraecrows for swords cards and the witches for salvage drops, then farm easy 1star posters stacked with swords cards for free salvage boxs

The RaQ is an absolute joke, I can finish the expert que quicker atm, just stop wasting time on it.

It's a waste of time only if and when most of your group is undergeared and / or inexperienced. They're not difficult encounters. Yes, they take longer, but that isn't a reason not to do them.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1) Make a D.C.
    2) Run the first two levels of queues.
    3) Profit.

With the current system D.C.'s make twice as much on Intermediate and queues pop almost instantly, so they make it twice as fast.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jorifice1 said:

1) Make a D.C.
    2) Run the first two levels of queues.
    3) Profit.

With the current system D.C.'s make twice as much on Intermediate and queues pop almost instantly, so they make it twice as fast.

This isn't relevant to the problem with RAQ. Avoiding RAQ doesn't fix RAQ.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Complete abandonment of RAQ is literally the ONLY way that they will fix RAQ.

Either that, or find some way to make running it profitable for regular players.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The content in RAQ is fine. The problem is with people that queue up for it, but are quite frankly not ready for it. This problem is not going away - in particular not with the recent attempts to make it easier for people to "catch up". As for the minimum IL required, the problem is that while it may actually be fine for some of the content, it is not enough for all of it - in particular when considering a "new" player, with a sub-optimal build and a lack of practice in using his/her powers.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I said it before and I'll say it again: in this case the community is EXTREMLY ungrateful!

In the first incarnation of the random queue, Tong, MSP and FBI were in the same queue as eToS, eGWD and so on. Community scratched and begged to see dungeons like Tong, MSP and FBI put in its own queue, so the majority can play more queues than the leveling queue only.

Cryptic listened and the Devs gave the community EXACTLY what they asked for. But the community complains even more now... Sad. Shameful.

You know there is a running gag in the community, twisting the game's name to mirror its state sometimes: "Neverlagfree" or "Neverbugfree". Seeing the community's behavior in this special case, it should not be called "community" but "Neversatisfiedplayers".
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

In the first incarnation of the random queue, Tong, MSP and FBI were in the same queue as eToS, eGWD and so on. Community scratched and begged to see dungeons like Tong, MSP and FBI put in its own queue, so the majority can play more queues than the leveling queue only.

Cryptic listened and the Devs gave the community EXACTLY what they asked for. But the community complains even more now... Sad. Shameful.

Eh, no, we did not get what we asked for ... and that is the reason people are complaining. The issue is that for many players the content in RAQ ranges from "pretty easy" to "too tough". I mean, Demogorgon is simply not in the same difficulty category as FBI.

Anyhow, I normally don't bother with RAQ at all....not worth the frustration.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosii said:

The content in RAQ is fine. The problem is with people that queue up for it, but are quite frankly not ready for it. This problem is not going away - in particular not with the recent attempts to make it easier for people to "catch up". As for the minimum IL required, the problem is that while it may actually be fine for some of the content, it is not enough for all of it - in particular when considering a "new" player, with a sub-optimal build and a lack of practice in using his/her powers.

There will always be players that are behind the curve. But you're less likely to find an inexperienced player at 13k item level than at 11k item level.

This isn't rocket science. The minimum item level needs to be raised. Doing that will make it more appealing to a wider player base.
  • I said it before and I'll say it again: in this case the community is EXTREMLY ungrateful!

You know there is a running gag in the community, twisting the game's name to mirror its state sometimes: "Neverlagfree" or "Neverbugfree". Seeing the community's behavior in this special case, it should not be called "community" but "Neversatisfiedplayers".

I didn't say anything was wrong with RAQ. I said there was an issue with the MINIMUM ITEM LEVEL necessary to queue for RAQ.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
  • adinosii said:

Eh, no, we did not get what we asked for ... and that is the reason people are complaining. The issue is that for many players the content in RAQ ranges from "pretty easy" to "too tough". I mean, Demogorgon is simply not in the same difficulty category as FBI.

Anyhow, I normally don't bother with RAQ at all....not worth the frustration.
    This is also why so many people AFK (etc) in RAQ.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I said it before and I'll say it again: in this case the community is EXTREMLY ungrateful!

Ummmmm...not quite EXACTLY what was asked for. They split things up differently but in no way did they split the queues up in the ways the community was asking.
  • I said it before and I'll say it again: in this case the community is EXTREMLY ungrateful!

Ummmmm...not quite EXACTLY what was asked for. They split things up differently but in no way did they split the queues up in the ways the community was asking.
    Right. I suspect that this person is just trolling...

The point is that they need to either increase the minimum ilvel to queue for RAQ, or reduce the difficulty of the encounters. Increasing min ilvl wouldn't require much work on their part, and it would have the consequence of making a lot of people less frustrated.
    Agreed. eDemo does not belong into RAQ and maybe nSVA is moot, too. But it was not asked, it was demanded that mSVA, FBI and MSP were put into their own queue so players can random queue for T2 dungeons without risking to end up in these dungeons. So my point remains, a big demand was fullfilled (almost 100%) by the devs and in this case the community is ungrateful.

Right. I suspect that this person is just trolling...

The point is that they need to either increase the minimum ilvel to queue for RAQ, or reduce the difficulty of the encounters. Increasing min ilvl wouldn't require much work on their part, and it would have the consequence of making a lot of people less frustrated.

Not trolling. Just remembering.
  • chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    iirc: The queues were changed how the Devs wanted them, not the majority of player base or even forum feedback. Everything was merged from trials, dungeons and skirmishes.

They lowered the min iL reqs so RQ was more accessible even though this already existed with pre mades/private queue reqs.
    Might be selective memory at work here but that's how I remember it. :p
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    adinosii said:

Eh, no, we did not get what we asked for ... and that is the reason people are complaining.

Actually, I think we kind of got what was asked for. To get into mod 13 epic queue, one had to unlock everything, including FBI and mSP. Some players whined about having to do boring SOMI and RD. The typical epic RQ run was four experienced and relatively well-geared 11K players and one low-geared player who direct queued. Epic queue was great for people who can queue for them as most runs were face rolls.

Now one just need 11K to get in. So surprise that RAQ is terrible. I think the devs had to do it this way. It would seem silly if after going through all the effort so new players can "catch up" that they be subjected to complete SOMI and RD to get into one of the primary ways to earn RAD.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I'll just add my voice that RAQ IL level needs to be increased. 13k sounds reasonable - it is a tad low but still not hopeless. (My personal rule is I abandon RAQ if dps team is under 14k average.. except for edemo, of course :) )

And at the same time REQ IL level also should be lifted up somewhat, 15k at least. You need 16k dps'ers for successful runs.

You cannot meaningfully contribute in those dungeons at low ILs, and making the required IL more realistic would significantly reduce the frustrations in game.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    As a GF tank in RAQ [FBI] I am expected to block/shield/do whatever in the climb of FBI when there are multiple red splats, lots of mobs, lots of things to avoid, lots of ways for the squishier [DPS] toons to get killed very easily.

Its always "blame the tank", "lol at this tank", "do you know how to tank?" and I can come back and ask why these things aint getting killed as the DPS is so slow and low we are BOUND to get owned despite any shielding/tanking efforts on my behalf.

So yeah raise min iL to 13k and stop arguing about it

And at the same time REQ IL level also should be lifted up somewhat, 15k at least. You need 16k dps'ers for successful runs.

The problem with lifting the iLvl requirements is it affects solo players and players in low guilds who have 1-2K less iLvl than people in max guilds. My DC is only 14K and would not be able to get into REQ gated at 15K. My only failed ToNGs are ones where there was a carry or two and no superstar DPS to balance it.

I've also been in runs where everyone else were 15K+ and the run still failed. I have no idea how there are some 15Ks with no mythic artifacts. When it comes to iLvl padding, where there is a will, there is a way.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    With RAQ, I usually team up with someone else or host a grp to do it. Always good to either bring a tank/dc and then queue as a dps so u at least have a decent duo if ur team isn't the best if u don't want to make a full grp.
  • With RAQ, I usually team up with someone else or host a grp to do it. Always good to either bring a tank/dc and then queue as a dps so u at least have a decent duo if ur team isn't the best if u don't want to make a full grp.

Fine. But this doesn't fix RAQ.

• And at the same time REQ IL level also should be lifted up somewhat, 15k at least. You need 16k dps'ers for successful runs.

The problem with lifting the iLvl requirements is it affects solo players and players in low guilds who have 1-2K less iLvl than people in max guilds. My DC is only 14K and would not be able to get into REQ gated at 15K. My only failed ToNGs are ones where there was a carry or two and no superstar DPS to balance it.

I've also been in runs where everyone else were 15K+ and the run still failed. I have no idea how there are some 15Ks with no mythic artifacts. When it comes to iLvl padding, where there is a will, there is a way.
    Yes, it would affect solo players. But a person's decision to not participate in a guild to get boons to boost their ability to contribute GROUP activities...
  • As a GF tank in RAQ [FBI] I am expected to block/shield/do whatever in the climb of FBI when there are multiple red splats, lots of mobs, lots of things to avoid, lots of ways for the squishier [DPS] toons to get killed very easily.

Its always "blame the tank", "lol at this tank", "do you know how to tank?" and I can come back and ask why these things aint getting killed as the DPS is so slow and low we are BOUND to get owned despite any shielding/tanking efforts on my behalf.

So yeah raise min iL to 13k and stop arguing about it

Ultimately someone's getting carried when you queue for RAQ at 11k item level.
  • I'll just add my voice that RAQ IL level needs to be increased. 13k sounds reasonable - it is a tad low but still not hopeless. (My personal rule is I abandon RAQ if dps team is under 14k average.. except for edemo, of course :) )

You cannot meaningfully contribute in those dungeons at low ILs, and making the required IL more realistic would significantly reduce the frustrations in game.

Exactly. Thank you. It's pretty common sense, and the frustration is compounded by the fact that this shouldn't even be a discussion.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I only try to run RAQ when i'm already planing to stop playing that day, i can try it and if is not a doable run i save the other time and get out and take the penalty

i would love to play harder content but my main is a dps and i'm not good enough for the end game content as 15k...
    rafaelda said:

I only try to run RAQ when i'm already planing to stop playing that day, i can try it and if is not a doable run i save the other time and get out and take the penalty

Haha. I do the same thing. But only to see if I can use my last 10 mins before bed to do edemo.

Yes, it would affect solo players. But a person's decision to not participate in a guild to get boons to boost their ability to contribute GROUP activities...

Guild boons while nice, are not needed. I've never had them, and I reckon I never will get them. I've been in ToNG runs where my buffing DC did more dps than higher iLvl dps. Item level is mostly meaningless to me now. I only take notice for 17K+

• rafaelda said:

i would love to play harder content but my main is a dps and i'm not good enough for the end game content as 15k...

I hate to say it, but I've been doing the same thing. I run random leveling, random intermediate, random expert, then at the very end, random advanced. If it's FBI or MSP and the average item level is 13k, then I stick around.

It's worth noting that the TONG groups I get from REQ are able to run it just fine (i.e. fairly smoothly) with an average ilvl of 13k. But to have a stress free run with RAQ, the average ilvl needs to be closer to 14k... it's just absurd.
    CoDG/CR are the FBI/mSP of REQ. They probably fail at the same rate. The reason why REQ is more tolerable is because of ToNG. And 13K is a bigger reach for new players so REQ still has a higher veteran to new player ratio. The power creep has been enough that a very good tank/heal/dps trio can carry two people. With UES and crown seals, most very good players will at least stay and give ToNG a try.

But I do think an avg 13K group will have problems in ToNG. A 13K GF will likely fail without very good buffs and dps to burn the final boss down fast. An avg 13K DPS may be able to squeak by Orcus, but will probably have trouble with souls, if not withers.