test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Running off the rails in Mt. Hotenow

bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
I had a really weird experience the other day. While headed to the exit at Mount Hotenow, a problem in my own system led to my character accidentally going off the path and into the area to the right (from that direction) of the main landing area. From there, I was unable to return to the path, or go anywhere else other than into the lava. Once I fell into the lava... well, that character is so tough that she couldn't die from it, but she also couldn't escape by changing instances (only one was open), by using /killme, by using a travel signpost, by VIP teleporting to the Moonstone Mask, by using a teleport scroll, or by anything else I could come up with. I finally got her out using the "defeat me" button on the Help menu (a suggestion from an Alliance-mate).

I suspect that the signpost, /killme, and other solutions didn't work because she was taking damage from the lava, even if it did heal instantly. That area really needs to have a place where someone who falls into the lava and survives (welcome to the world of MMOs!) can jump onto to use those solutions. Just a small, flat space of rock would do fine. Even if you seal off that railing (which, I assume, you'll probably do at any rate) that platform would be a good thing to have as a backup.
=====
Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Passing on the suggestion! As someone who tends to play squishy characters, I am envious of your lava survival!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

Passing on the suggestion! As someone who tends to play squishy characters, I am envious of your lava survival!

You need to meet my HR. Valindra can't summon enough adds to kill her.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured