test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Where O' where can the Madder Root be bought. Can't find it in any local thrift, pawn, or dime stores. :/

And also Marble.
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Where O' where can the Madder Root be bought. Can't find it in any local thrift, pawn, or dime stores. :/

And also Marble.

The Stronghold temp vendors? I would hope, but not in a guild on preview to check.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    You can not use lower-level supplements at a higher level of profession.
    Is it really supposed to be ...?

For me it is a total misunderstanding. In this way, you made sure that all these supplements will become one-off. After moving to a higher level of profession, no one will create more, because for what.

Dont you regret for the time and work you put in them? If that's how it looks, instead of these doubtful supplements, you could create something that would have value for everyone, regardless of the level of profession and character.
    For example, new potions or equipment for companions that we asked you for.
    Complete waste of time...

Post edited by mushellka on
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

valwryn said:

And also Marble.

The Stronghold temp vendors? I would hope, but not in a guild on preview to check.
    That was a lucky guess! B)

The Marble is only found (at the moment) from the Golddigger and the Madder Root from the Tenterground merchants. The Tannery is the only one I wasn't able to build, so don't know what is hiding on that one.
  • ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Major Defense Armor Kit +1 is shown as Major Hit Points Armor Kit +1 when inspecting quality.
    It's a typo only, stat is correct.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I notice one person I think show a Greater Power Reinforcement that gave +200 Power. I thought someone else showed the reinforcement giving +100 / +110 depending if +1 or not. I have since logged and confirmed someone earlier was only showing the 60 level reinforcement that gives +100/110 or +400 Hitpoints not the 70 which is +200/220. :)
    mushellka said:

You can not use lower-level supplements at a higher level of profession.
    Is it really supposed to be ...?

For me it is a total misunderstanding. In this way, you made sure that all these supplements will become one-off. After moving to a higher level of profession, no one will create more, because for what.

Dont you regret for the time and work you put in them? If that's how it looks, instead of these doubtful supplements, you could create something that would have value for everyone, regardless of the level of profession and character.
    For example, new potions or equipment for companions that we asked you for.
    Complete waste of time...

And yea I think all supplements even the lower ones should work for higher level professions especially since they offer less not more? I mean it's always worked before... ...it possible it just a new BUG?

Just surprised however NO ONE seems to have tried Supplements with Mastercraft yet... Except perhaps maybe @manjusriyamantak
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

so i have been watching this thread for a while, and...whats the point of it all? i did professions to get my leadership up to the point i could get refinement out of it. never did any 3rd lvl skill, never did master-crafting. none of that interests me. i want to play to quest and kill stuff. but what i dont see from any of these posts is an end result? what is the point of spending all the time, AD,gold? what can you make which is a) useful and b) worth the bother

You can still make refinement items. You can make black opals for about 190 silver each, which is equivalent to 190 AD each. If you have -75% commission gatherers and jewelcrafters, then you can make them for as little as 50 AD each. Black opals sell for over 1000 AD on the AH for the LIVE PC server.

Using your normal non-Masterwork recipes, you can make shirts and pants iLevel 510 (high quality). You can make all your armor pieces, weapons, rings and necklaces at high quality iLevel 510. I did not see a belt in any normal recipes.

• mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Let's be honest: apart from the opals you have mentioned, there is nothing new or interesting enough to be worth the gold and often AD.
    Yes, can make shirts and pants iLevel 510 (high quality). The only question is for what?
    These have higher IL, but worse stats and bonuses.. For sell? These are easy to make, the price on AH will probably not exceed 1000 AD. And maybe it is an optimistic variant.

I hoped that during the profession rework, will be added new items, that may interest us. The ones that are missing,:items for companions, new, more interesting potions, other reinforcements. Maybe the gear for us (slightly worse than masterwork, but possible to using). By now we have the same as before, only in the changed form plus a terrible gold and AD sink..
    I'm very disappointed. :(

Besides, I'm not an advocate of artificially increasing IL.
    Enough evil, we have by the Vistani gear. (see: RIQ and RAQ)
    Post edited by mushellka on
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    mushellka said:

Let's be honest: apart from the opals you have mentioned, there is nothing new or interesting enough to be worth the gold and often AD.
    Yes, can make shirts and pants iLevel 510 (high quality). The only question is for what?
    These have higher IL, but worse stats and bonuses.. For sell? These are easy to make, the price on AH will probably not exceed 1000 AD. And maybe it is an optimistic variant.

I hoped that during the profession rework, will be added new items, that may interest us. The ones that are missing,:items for companions, new, more interesting potions, other reinforcements. Maybe the gear for us (slightly worse than masterwork, but possible to using). By now we have the same as before, only in the changed form plus a terrible gold and AD sink..
    I'm very disappointed. :(

Besides, I'm not an advocate of artificially increasing IL.
    Enough evil, we have by the Vistani gear. (see: RIQ and RAQ)

Yea I agree with the CAT regarding Alchemy Potions!

We have Superior Potions that drop today from NPC, though in future limited to SKILL NODES / DUNGEON CHESTS. Still however the normal Superior Potions available at 65, offer the same +1000 Power as the Exhalted Superior Potions if I remember.

I think the Enhanced Superior Potions in Alchemy should be +1200/1400. <3
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    What happens to the Dragon Egg, Unified Elements, Elemental Aggregate ... in mod 15?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Number of artisans is still bugged I do have a level 4 workshop and it is still limited to 32 workers, the same amount as a level 1.

If you ask your retainer you will get this information

• onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    the iLevel 510 armor has stats comparable for that iLevel. The new system provides another way to easily get starter sets. It is more useful than the current system in this regard. They also added abilities to the armor with this update.

We no longer have to wait for random recipes. All our recipes are available all the time. We only have to wait for the SST exchange's random lists. =p

Potions are made in batches of 12 with the new system. This makes it much easier to create potions in useful quantities. Based on how the developers limited the drops for potions, it is logical that they want players to purchase potions from alchemists. The enhanced potions persist through death. Another potion enhancement they can make is to have them affect your companions.

The devs wanted a gold sink to remove excess gold out of the system. They succeeded. I do not feel their mechanism for providing gold will be enough for casual gamers, which is why I advocated using the WB as a zen to gold exchange. This would be a simple solution with the added benefit of draining AD. The system the developers currently envision for gold redistribution is convoluted and does not take as much AD out of the system.

I did another pass at the numbers for Masterwork Recipes. If you have an artisan with 400 proficiency with forgehammer and the MW supplement, you will have about a 75% chance at making the recipe. People on live have greater chances with the use of additional tools, which are not available on Test. So if the devs were wanting people to have a 75% chance of success for MW, they hit that mark.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I purchased a "Professions Artisan Recruitment" item from the old to new store and have not been able to open it. I get the message [Error] You do not meet the requirements for this item.

I also had an unclaimed Common Artisan Recruitment (from the old 9 slots) and get the same error when I try to open it.

The game has a clear White/Blue/Purple progression system on all elements but Artisans now. That shouldn't be the case.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I'm sorry, but I have a SHOWSTOPPER-category problem.

I copied over a new copy of my main character (Tanya 47@adinosii) after the last update and started the professions.

At the time of copying, I had all 9 profession slots occupied with Finished Leadership tasks. I believe that will actually be a common scenario when people start up the game after downloading the new mod.

Everything was fine initially

Last evening I sent my two gatherers out to gather something (Copper Ore and Animal Hide, I think). They seem to have returned, as they are available

The problem, however, is that it says "Your delivery box is full", but I CANNOT interact with the delivery box.

I can make items at the workbench if I have all the ingredients at hand, but if I select a recipe where I am missing ingredients I also get the "Your delivery box is full" message.

The problem, as I said, is that the deliveribox is non-interactable, and I suspected this was due to the initial 9 leadership tasks. This effectively kills Professions for this character - I cannot progress in the tutorial or anything.

What I did next was to copy my character over for the second time (Tanya 48@adinosii), but with one significant change - I collected all 9 finished Leadership tasks before copying over the character (I also made sure there were enough empty spaces in my material bag). I made the exact same set of choices and this time everything worked absolutely fine.

This needs to be fixed - otherwise a lot of players will get stuck.

Hoping for improvements...
    edited October 2018
    When I go to reclaim "legacy" profession slots, I get 8 "vouchers", but I cannot use them - they just show "Requirement not met". Am I missing something or is there a bug?

Post edited by adinosii on
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

What happens to the Dragon Egg, Unified Elements, Elemental Aggregate ... in mod 15?

Waiting to hear about this as we. It would be cool if they were used to make a new type of Overload Slot item.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    There appears to be no way to stop the tasks you have set for gathering, so you cannot change the tasks.

In the current system you can always cancel a task, under the new one that isn't an option, this means once you have tasks underway you cannot stop them. This may also be tied to the quality of the adventurers. Using Epic adventurers seems to result in the gathering slots filling in about 20s.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited October 2018

There appears to be no way to stop the tasks you have set for gathering, so you cannot change the tasks.

Eh...no, they are easy to cancel:

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

This is something of a repost, but it hasn’t been addressed, so I’ll include screen shots and additional comments to make the point….

FYI, currently on preview, the Mythic Forgehammer of Gond gives +600/+600 Proficiency/Focus. The best artisans apparently give +400/+400, for a total of +1000/+1000 Proficiency/Focus. As seen in this first screenshot, that gives a 67% chance of success, with a 7% focus value(*).

In the old system, the equivalent set-up would give a 75% chance of success, and there was no such thing as a crit. Also, on failure, some materials were (always) refunded.

(* Note, presumably, that in order to get a crit/high-quality item, the task first has to succeed. So if the success chance is 67% and the focus value is 7%, then actual chance of a crit is (0.67 * 0.07) == 4.69%. If the focus value is 23%, then the actual chance of crit is (0.67 * 0.23) == 15.41%. If this is not how it’s implemented, I would appreciate clarification from @asherdhal.)

Note also that non-high-quality (“+0”) items such as these are going to be essentially worthless. People who are willing to pay millions of AD for their gear are only going to buy BiS stuff, so they’ll be an oversupply of non-high-quality things as the mastercrafters try to make high-quality items, which will crater the price of the +0 items.

[It will also allow every fresh 70 to get to one step below BiS pretty much instantly, which makes 95% of the game into a trivially easy grind that no one will want to bother with, and in the 5% that remains, all the fully-BiS players will just get pissed off at the newbie-but-high-geared players who don’t know how to play or the tricks of each dungeon, and everyone will have bad experiences running all the random queues…. but I digress…. Anyway…. ]

So this is a significant setback in terms of translating current ability into the new system.

The next two screenshots show what you can do if you add proficiency or focus supplements. You still can’t get back to where you were in the old system.

I have no access to most high-quality (masterwork) ingredients on preview, particularly since the chance of crit is also very low for all the intermediate recipes, but from what I’ve seen in other cases, it doesn’t appear that they increases the chances very much. For the one thing I’ve been able to test – Oil of Vitriol – 12x Iron Sand +1 give a +20% focus percentage (though that’s still only 55%, or (0.76 * 0.55) == 42.8% chance of crit). Most recipes don’t have 12 items, so the boost is going to be much less --- maybe 3-8 percentage points.

Is there any way to tell how much a +1 item will improve the chances? They don’t seem to have prof/focus values, but rather they seem to add a flat %-age. What is that %-age for any given high-quality ingredient?

Also, if high-quality ingredients add to the prof/focus percentages, then the total possible boost is dependent on the number of ingredients in a recipe. Since the recipes weren’t originally constructed with this in mind, I suspect that this will lead to some strange anomalies in the success/crit chances between different recipes at the same level.

Finally, I understand that +1 items will drop from explorer’s charts, but what about the dungeon drops that many recipes need? For example, will there be a Manticore Mane +1 that will drop?

I would consider it “fair” if the chance of success with normal ingredients were 75%, with zero chance of crit; and high-quality ingredients were needed to get a chance of crit, and it were possible to get a reasonable (60-80%+) chance of crit with them, and high-quality inputs dropped from Explorer’s Charts and dungeons.

What I currently see is not fair.

Keep in mind that getting to a final recipe such as in these screen shots requires 3-5 steps of intermediate recipes before it, and when each of those has a reduced chance of success compared to the old system, the total nerf is multiplied out to be much larger than it appears from just looking at one recipe. (like 0.75^3 == 42% vs. 0.67^3 == 30%)

Of course, there’s a complication in this system that bringing these highest-level recipes up to par would make the lower level recipes guaranteed, i.e., “too easy” if you want to maintain a chance of failure. Even as it stands Level 70 recipes, which require 800/900, would always succeed and crit with a forgehammer (maybe not a bad thing, if you’ve got one); and MW I recipes, which require 1300/1200, get a 77%/49% chance, which is better than the old system. (But who makes MW I items, except to level up?)

The easiest way to address this (and keep your apparent goal of making higher level recipes more difficult) would be to make the proficiency requirement of all the MW levels the same (1300, or 1333 for a 75% chance), but let the focus requirement increase. Since +1 items are new, making them more difficult to make at higher levels is arguably reasonable, but nerfing what we could make in the old system is not.

Keep in mind, as well, that as I said above, +0 items are going to be essentially worthless. So *even if* the ability to make them remains the same, they’ll be a de-facto nerf in the value of doing so.

That said, having a base crit chance of 5% or 15% to make +1 items with no way of raising it further is far too low. It’s essentially useless, and as I already said, it will completely crater the values of the +0 items from oversupply, while leaving the +1 items virtually non-existent. I wouldn’t mind if it takes work to get a decent crit chance, since that’s new, but there should be *some* way of getting better values than this.

So I’d suggest two things:

1) Make the difference between common/rare/epic artisans larger. You’ve said that artisans would be more valuable, but as they stand they really aren’t (aside from needing 2 “assets” vs. 5), and as others have said, relative to each other, there’s very little advantage to epics. 15 points out of 1500 is not significant…

So I would like to see the range proficiency values increased between the rarity grades, but more importantly, I’d like to see the focus value differences significantly increased. Perhaps all the artisans can make a thing with some reasonable and similar chance of success, but it should be the “epic” artisans who can make *the best* stuff, and do so more reliably.

In terms of the game system, that would also allow players to advance in the professions with any artisans, but it would reward those lucky/persistent enough to get some rare/epic artisans with being able to make the high-quality items.

2) If it’s not already done, limit artisan level to the profession’s level. If done right, that will keep professions that are still being leveled from getting overpowered, and with 1 above, it will also add more value to rare/epic artisans.

so basicly its not worth it crafting mw items with this much low percentage of proficiency?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    they need to add new quality of suplements green/blue/purple
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Fix Major HP Armor Kit: Extra 80 HP and crazy IL:
    Should be +800HP +38IL

e.g.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    so, in other words for crafting, play "slot machine"?
    then why repeat 3-4 steps before final step product and fail each time with very low chance to finish it?
    Please add more lvl 70 jewelry recipes:
    it looks so nice(not BiS) but good for pets.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    @asterdahl

The Auction House categories under the Professions section have been updated to accommodate the changes to the profession system.

Please fix this too:
    Remove "Tenacity" category:

ABC here:

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    @asterdahl could you please put on preview all unlocking recipes like you did for masterwork 3? Unlocking everything from zero on preview with the new profession rework is a gargantuan task.