test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20181008a.4

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known Issues
Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial...?
We've seen one case where characters at the part of the tutorial where they were blocked, and already had gathering tasks going, couldn't bypass the gathering step of the tutorial. New characters and freshly-copied characters from the live server should work, but feel free to try with characters from last time, just in case.

Highlights

Professions Fixes / Changes
Artisans and Adventurers
  • Artisan Recruitment Scrolls can now consistently be used when the player has at least one free space open for artisans of a given type.
Masterwork Professions
  • Masterwork Rank 2 quest finale items no longer have High Quality versions that can't be turned in.
  • Some Masterwork quests have been adjusted to no longer reference old items in their quest text.
  • The first Armorsmithing masterwork quest now properly looks for the correct items.
Profession Quests
  • Second Chances now directs players more accurately with the Quest Path.
  • The final profession quest is now properly visible.
  • The quest, Speedy Delivery, now auto-drops when the Heart of Fire goes live.
  • The quest reward for the final profession quest no longer has a chance to grant for multiple professions.
  • Workshop Opportunity no longer directs players to Protector's Enclave when the goal is inside the workshop.
Profession Rewards and Items
  • Armor kits are now available to be crafted.
    • Power armor kits are now crafted by blacksmithing. (Power, the stat. We're not adding mechs today.)
    • Recovery armor kits are now crafted by artificing.
    • Crate of Transmuted Gold may once again be crafted by Alchemy.
    • Crate of Astral Diamonds may now be obtained through Gathering.
  • Certain crafted off-hand items no longer incorrectly have 0-0 damage ranges displayed on their tooltips.
  • Item levels of Masterwork equipment have been increased. (This is a correction to last week's patch notes.)
    • Equipment of item level 435 has been increased to 520.
    • Equipment of item level 480 (not 445) has been increased to 540.
    • Equipment of item level 510 (not 480) has been increased to 560.
  • Level 70 crafted non-artifact accessories and weapons have had their stats increased.
  • Lots more level 70 crafted equipment now have abilities, including some Masterwork items.
  • Mithral Celata is now named Mithral Armlet.
  • To coincide with professions materials becoming a donate-able resource, temporary Stronghold structures such as the Bloomery and Atelier no longer sell basic professions materials.
    • Those resources sold by the structures are not included in the list of materials that can be donated.
    • Masterwork materials crafted at the structures with raw resources and guild marks may still be donated.
Profession System Conversion
  • The legacy slot exchange now properly allows the final epic artisan exchange for those who had unlocked the 9th slot in the old system.
  • The legendary asset exchange is now available at the retainer. Old legendary tools exchange at a 1:1 rate with new legendary tools.
Profession Tasks
  • Masterwork and Chultan tasks now properly grant profession experience.
  • Three more recipes that call for outdated resources have now been fixed.
Profession Workshop
  • The artisan's desk now has better-looking paper props on it.
User Interface
  • A crash has been fixed when trying to look for items that don't exist.
  • Activation and tooltip behavior on profession items in the inventory has been updated to make sense in the current system.
  • Clicking inside the Maker's Counter UI no longer causes the window to move.
  • In the Manage Artisans view, the XP bar has been adjusted and its tooltip has been finalized.
  • Search now only kicks in after three or more letters are in the field.
  • The Auction House categories under the Professions section have been updated to accommodate the changes to the profession system.
  • The slotted info for the last selected category tab is now remembered if the window is closed and opened again. Swapping tabs will cause it to clear.
  • When looking at Favorite or Search lists, profession categories now display.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Acquisitions Incorporated
  • Retrieval Operation no longer gets into a seemingly stuck state for players who don't personally have the quest.
  • Various tweaks have been made to Convention Infiltration.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Arcane Presence now works on Sudden Storm, Maelstrom of Chaos, and Furious Immolation.
    • Assailing Force now has a proc chance of 20%, increased from 15%.
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Griffon's Wrath functionality has been reverted, in order to address the error text after the third attack.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Aspect of the Serpent now allows gaining stacks of ranged or melee while having stacks of the other.

Items and Economy
General
  • More Heroic Encounters now properly grant Refinement Points directly rather than granting RP-specific refining stones.
  • Ravenloft Hunts now natively grant Rough Astral Diamonds as rewards for cards used.
    • 50 RAD are granted per rank of a normal suit used. (Rank 1 is 50 RAD. Top rank is 500 RAD.)
    • High Cards grant 1000, 1500, or 2000 RAD, depending on the item level of gear they grant.
  • Rough Astral Diamonds now consistently have a quality border when awarded.

User Interface
Cutscenes
  • The first pass of UI art treatment has been made to the Heart of Fire storyline cutscenes.

Art, Animation, Effects, and Audio
Audio
  • Certain fire-type critters no longer shout battle cries that always sound like they're coming from right near you.
  • More audio updates have been made, including contextual effects on voice-over.
Visual Effects
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Slam should no longer potentially cause the camera to strobe.
    • In testing, we found that this still could happen if the camera was positioned against a wall. We're still looking into that bit.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Sprint should no longer potentially cause the camera to strobe.

Localization
General
  • A second localization pass has been integrated into the game for French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.
  • Various localized voice-over has been integrated for French, German, and Russian locales. More to come!

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Dude. You're posting at 2am? Are you turning into me?

[though in my case, it's asthma and allergies keeping me up at the moment]

EDIT: Wow. Just wow. We were **this close** to building an Atelier at our stronghold to prepare for the new system. We had even set aside the resources necessary to build it, and decided at the last moment to wait for more information since profession costs are still fluid. Would it be too much to ask for some advance warning that changes like this are being considered?

To coincide with professions materials becoming a donate-able resource, temporary Stronghold structures such as the Bloomery and Atelier no longer sell basic professions materials.

EDIT #2: There's an opportunity for some fun with Old Jerry at the job faire -- maybe something you can find in the zone that you could turn in for an achievement?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Wow.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I had 6 task running when I copied character over and once I had the quest objective from Retainer... ...seems I was able to cancel all 6 running tasks at the worktable thought I didn't try it with 9.

Regarding this:
    Professions Fixes / Changes
    Artisans and Adventurers
    Artisan Recruitment Scrolls can now consistently be used when the player has at least one free space open for artisans of a given type.

Seems now despite seeing the last Epic Recruitment Pack from the Retainer. Now all packs are saying Requirement not met and waited for 5 artisans to apply and accepted all. Though it seems 90-95% seem to come mostly from Alchemy now?

@terramak
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User

Wow.

More damage! Totally what we needed! :D Meh, they already said mod16 will provide new weapons so I guess I won't go after upgraded SH set.

Also, check the Masterwork II compared to exalted Primal. Just lol :D

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    terramak said:

Profession Rewards and Items

• Armor kits are now available to be crafted.
      • Power armor kits are now crafted by blacksmithing. (Power, the stat. We're not adding mechs today.)
      • Recovery armor kits are now crafted by artificing.
    @terramak arent the ap gain jewel craftable?

(Mod edited quote)
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Wow.

More damage! Totally what we needed! :D Meh, they already said mod16 will provide new weapons so I guess I won't go after upgraded SH set.

Also, check the Masterwork II compared to exalted Primal. Just lol :D

its totally an ad drain scam, so they can get them sold and then get back to what they were before for sure.
  • tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User

Wow.

@terramak Is this intended ? It seems... Broken... That's the word, i think.
    Plus, i don't really see the point of buffing these weapons if new will come on mod 16.
  • sifra12#8392 sifra12 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    terramak said:

• More Heroic Encounters now properly grant Refinement Points directly rather than granting RP-specific refining stones.
    @terramak this would make sense if we could store the RP in bank: imagine having maxed out character and a new, 8k alt.. What the HAMSTER will I do with RP that I gain form HEs on a maxed out one?
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Wow.

@terramak sooooo, you're trying to make all classes viable, huh? Why does GWF weapon have more than 50% wpn damage than CW or DC?
    I agree. I think if they brought the Weapon Damages up from CW, DC and SW (by 20% as a start) it would make classes a lot more balanced. It would also help improve the viability of different Weapon Enchantments.
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    CW MK +weapon damage also 2370.
    Post edited by ruslan1404#8974 on
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Not only that, but the high quality result increases base damage another 2.5%. I only had MW2 on preview however.

I wonder if the MW3 +1 exalted is item level 580?

If you look at the MW3 Tooltip however, there is no mention of a +1 version like is done for the MW2 set.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    So the jewels and kits were added but only the epic versions. Are we not going to be able to craft the uncommon and rare versions anymore?
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Man I think I got an aneurysm from summa these people. All weapon damages have been increased.

And just fyi, since it seems that all of you are big thicky bobos, it has been increased by the same relative amount.

So if GWF weapons have been increased by 10%, so have CW, GF, TR, SW, HR and so on and so forth. Learn2math
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I think the changes in the gearscore are great :-)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ho

Not only that, but the high quality result increases base damage another 2.5%. I only had MW2 on preview however.

I wonder if the MW3 +1 exalted is item level 580?

If you look at the MW3 Tooltip however, there is no mention of a +1 version like is done for the MW2 set.

how you made +1?
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    It's not hard to make +1 on preview. It will be, however, very hard on live.
    Does anyone have the tooltip of the new neckpieces for pets?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    :( - Still no fix to Vow of Enmity? I guess I'll get used to it.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

Man I think I got an aneurysm from summa these people. All weapon damages have been increased.

And just fyi, since it seems that all of you are big thicky bobos, it has been increased by the same relative amount.

So if GWF weapons have been increased by 10%, so have CW, GF, TR, SW, HR and so on and so forth. Learn2math

Check weapons (even on live), weapons for CW and DC have (on legendary + exalted) around 2k damage, for GWF 3k.

Check weapons (even on live), weapons for CW and DC have (on legendary + exalted) around 2k damage, for GWF 3k.

And? That literally means nothing out of context bud.

You could have a class with 3m weapon damage, and a class with 3 weapon damage, and the one with 3 weapon damage still beating the one with 3m.

If CW had flat 2k weapon damage, and GWF had flat 3k weapon damage, adding 200 to each would be a bigger increase for the CW. Because CW gained 10% more damage, and GWF gained 6.6%. That's why the actual equivalent would be 200 on CW and 300 on GWF.

Again, learn to math. It's an equal increase in the end.

And? That literally means nothing out of context bud.

You could have a class with 3m weapon damage, and a class with 3 weapon damage, and the one with 3 weapon damage still beating the one with 3m.

If CW had flat 2k weapon damage, and GWF had flat 3k weapon damage, adding 200 to each would be a bigger increase for the CW. Because CW gained 10% more damage, and GWF gained 6.6%. That's why the actual equivalent would be 200 on CW and 300 on GWF.

Again, learn to math. It's an equal increase in the end.
    Oh, sorry, forgot the basic math.. You know like 3k > 2k, or (to make you happy) 3,2k > 2,2k.. which would make it easier for devs to make to see what is over- and what is under performing → and it would make it easier for them to buff/nerf where it is needed, as (iirc) a lot of damage is based on % of weapon damage.. Mod 16 will have the next rebalance, so they might try it until then.
  • lecarusin#0771 lecarusin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Hello, this is dog.

I have a complaint regarding HR set. Titansteel tabars were updated. BUT, Brightsilver was not.
    Did you guys only up those with 'titansteel' on the name? :/

Primal vs Brightsilver (which should be updated):

Titansteel - which was updated:

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Hello, this is dog.

I have a complaint regarding HR set. Titansteel tabars were updated. BUT, Brightsilver was not.
    Did you guys only up those with 'titansteel' on the name? :/

Primal vs Brightsilver (which should be updated):

Titansteel - which was updated:

To add on to this:

DC masterwork weapons, also bearing the Brightsilver name, did not get the weapon damage update.

Whereas classes that use the Titansteel or Fartouched weapons did get the update.

Also, if it's of importance to the devs: the original Stronghold weapon sets (Masterwork I weapons) did not get the weapon damage update like the Titansteel or Bronzewood sets did.

• ugtharo1ugtharo1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Bug?: White pearl, Amethyst, Peridot tasks produce 1 of items at "+1" result, while giving 2 items at normal result. I suppose there should be 2 items at "+1" result as well? Otherwise 2*10rp(or 2*25rp with amethyst) is less then 1*15rp(1*30rp with amethyst)

Left adventurer to gather copper around 2 weeks ago. Now his task show as "complete, delivering..." and putting ore to delivery box gradually. Continues to add more as soon as box is emptied. Is it intended behavour and he should deliver all collected tasks for that time spent? Or should he stop as soon as box is full?
    Post edited by ugtharo1 on
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    BUG: High-quality overlay on unintended inventory items

This discussion has been closed.