test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Refining Stones Event - 18 October 2018

chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Double refining stones not doubling again...

In the auction house Moderate and Superior Marks of Potency are clearly listed as "refining stones", In the Zen market those stones and other refining stones are also shown to be in the refinement pack, however during "Double Refining Stones" events those mentioned Marks of Potency are not doubled when awarded during the event.

Is this an oversight, an intentional slight or something else all together?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    chidion said:

Double refining stones not doubling again...

In the auction house Moderate and Superior Marks of Potency are clearly listed as "refining stones", In the Zen market those stones and other refining stones are also shown to be in the refinement pack, however during "Double Refining Stones" events those mentioned Marks of Potency are not doubled when awarded during the event.

Is this an oversight, an intentional slight or something else all together?

IMO, it is an oversight for choosing a bad name for this 2x event.
    The description of Double Refining stone does not contain "refining stone".

The description is:
    Enchantment, Runestone, Enchanting Stone and Gemstone rewards doubled throughout Neverwinter!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Sounds plausible, but why then hasn't the mistake, or oversight been corrected?

Seems it would be an easy fix, this has been going on for quite some time and there have been previous reports, threads and instances of people wondering about the apparent anomaly.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    chidion said:

Sounds plausible, but why then hasn't the mistake, or oversight been corrected?

Seems it would be an easy fix, this has been going on for quite some time and there have been previous reports, threads and instances of people wondering about the apparent anomaly.

I complained about that when 2x Refining stone was introduced. The one who chose that name probably did not know there is something actually is classified as 'Refining stone" and thought the term "refining stone" is something new. I guess they could not come up with a better name although anything is better (or less confusing) than that.

They "fixed" that by changing the description to the one I posted above.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    So they "fixed it" by changing the description - but not the title...

That's funny (in a sad sort of way).

Just promoting this as a "Double Refining event", then clarifying in the description what items are included in the event would have been good enough, but when the title says "Double Refining Stones", I would think anything marketed or sold as a "Refining Stone" should be doubled in an event with this title.

At least that's my 2¢.