test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unite the consoles! PC, XBOX, and PS4

bloodshotbeastbloodshotbeast Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Isn't about time to find a way to make this happen? We've lost so many players over the years. let's bring everyone together now. Cross compatibility FTW!
Tagged:

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Sad, It's not going to happen. Blame MS and Sony ToS.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    cant happen. The coding is all different. If they tried this there would be numerous complications to deal with.
  • infamousgaz#3133 infamousgaz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cant use my xbox characters on pc anyone know why?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    It wasn't until recently that Xbox decided to stop being a walled kingdom. Same with PS. Nevertheless, the product delivery timing is always PC first, which means the console builds are always a little bit behind the PC builds. Cryptic would need to synchronize the builds and deployments for all three platforms before they could even begin to consider unifying the servers. And that's just one of the myriad of issues they face in trying to do so. It was not an option when NW was first released on consoles, but it's possible to do now and Cryptic may even be working on it...... but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

I cant use my xbox characters on pc anyone know why?

You can't use a character from a device on another. PC, XBOX and PS4 are different platforms for the game, that can't be reunited. You have to create another account on PC if you come from XBOX.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Sony is just now allowing cross-play for some games. I do not think that it would be technically impossible for Neverwinter, but it would take a LOT of work to get there. More than other games that were originally designed for cross-play.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bloodshotbeastbloodshotbeast Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2018

cant happen. The coding is all different. If they tried this there would be numerous complications to deal with.

You're not completely wrong. There is certainly some work to be done. Doesn't mean it cannot happen.
    It all really depends on the demand. I feel that the game has hit a new low recently and unification would help. I know I'm not the only one that likes the idea.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

It all really depends on the demand. I feel that the game has hit a new low recently and unification would help. I know I'm not the only one that likes the idea.

But, there are some downsides. To point out the obvious one. PC and PS4 AD to Zen 500 to 1, Xbox 399 to 1 as I type. Since I play primarily on Xbox (Started on PC), no thanks.
    500-1 would be better than no game.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

500-1 would be better than no game.

Sorry, but I believe with them working on another game for Wizard's of the coast, the likely hood of them shutting this down anytime soon is nil.
    zephyriah said:

Sorry, but I believe with them working on another game for Wizard's of the coast, the likely hood of them shutting this down anytime soon is nil.

What you're referring to is a planned shutdown. However, if they don't have enough players, they don't make enough money. If they don't make enough money, a shutdown occurs. Arc will have to tread lightly over the next couple mods because of their poor track record in dealing with recent issues.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2018

zephyriah said:

What you're referring to is a planned shutdown. However, if they don't have enough players, they don't make enough money. If they don't make enough money, a shutdown occurs. Arc will have to tread lightly over the next couple mods because of their poor track record in dealing with recent issues.
    "United the platforms" will make them shutdown faster. If they don't make enough money right now, they have no money to "united the platforms". If you are talking about the 'poor track record', "united the platforms" will give a death sentence.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

"United the platforms" will make them shutdown faster. If they don't make enough money right now, they have no money to "united the platforms". If you are talking about the 'poor track record', "united the platforms" will give a death sentence.

You have to think further in depth than that. NW is constantly competing with new release games that chunk away at the player base. A single large community can last much longer against that. Right now they have three separated communities that could quickly die.
    edited October 2018

You have to think further in depth than that. NW is constantly competing with new release games that chunk away at the player base. A single large community can last much longer against that. Right now they have three separated communities that could quickly die.
    It does not matter. If they don't earn enough money now, there is no funding to restructure everything, develop, test, etc.
    If this is the only way to save NW, they may as well shutdown. For the existing players, this idea gives little feature to them. Personally, zero. With their track record, it will give headache, pain, etc to existing players and further hurt the player base. A lot of things can make the game better and less expensive than this "united the platform" idea.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I've always desired this! I have friends who are on consoles and I play on pc. They believe gaming pc is expensive. (Which I know they are cheaper options but try telling that to stubborn people lol) Yet uniting the servers would definitely bring friends or families together for sure! If its possible! Do it! If not I understand.
    edited October 2018

It does not matter. If they don't earn enough money now, there is no funding to restructure everything, develop, test, etc.
    If this is the only way to save NW, they may as well shutdown. For the existing players, this idea gives little feature to them. Personally, zero. With their track record, it will give headache, pain, etc to existing players and further hurt the player base. A lot of things can make the game better and less expensive than this "united the platform" idea.

I'm not here to argue about it. I just thought it would just be really cool to see cross compatibility. I'm not asking for them to "develop or test" anything new. It's all existing code, just on different servers. If there's any issue they would have to correct it's with the interface to controller/keyboard.
    Post edited by bloodshotbeast on
    edited October 2018

I'm not here to argue about it. I just thought it would just be really cool to see cross compatibility. I'm not asking for them to "develop or test" anything new. It's all existing code, just on different servers. If there's any issue they would have to correct it's with the interface to controller/keyboard.
    They are not using the same server. They are not using the same configuration. They are not having the same items. They have to develop and test something new to allow different client to talk the same server. They at least need a new integrated server. The client UI part is the least problem and the easiest to solve among everything else.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As a console player all I have to say to this is "HELL No"! lol

Have you EVER looked in the preview threads? If you think for one minute I want console life to turn into the buggy nightmare that is PC gaming you are sadly mistaken.

To all PC players, I salute you all for testing bugs in the game. Kudos! You all do a great job. Keep it up so us spoiled console players can have a more limited bug experience.
    preview is just that. you don't have to participate in preview if you don't want to.
  • liambradshaw#2102 liambradshaw Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    If rather not have cross platform tyvm. I'm an Xbox player and our Zen exchange works fine. Currently sitting around 400. I would legit quit the game if we Xbox players inherited the max 500 Zen nightmare that is pc and ps4.