test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M15: Oathbound Paladin Class Changes

Comments

• Options
    anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    If you do not play PvP it does not mean that other Paladins do not. EoT from me.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I don't disagree with that. I know they do. What I'm saying is that if all the changes are to help PvP pallies then that's fine but they could (and in the case of your bane suggestion) would impact PvE as well.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Really? So maybe you have a better idea instead of constantly criticizing? It is not known whether Mod 16 will be focused on changes in classes so we must take our opportunity using now to fix our favorite OP class to keep up with others.
    I believe that my proposals about changes in Oath of Protection path makes sense, and other players with I have built ideas also confirm this.
  • Options
    anoreksja said:

Really? So maybe you have a better idea instead of constantly criticizing? It is not known whether Mod 16 will be focused on changes in classes so we must take our opportunity using now to fix our favorite OP class to keep up with others.
    I believe that my proposals about changes in Oath of Protection path makes sense, and other players with I have built ideas also confirm this.

Yes. The idea on redoing banishment to allow players to damage controlled mobs. You can balance that out but keeping them held until they receive damage or reducing the length of time held from its current duration or half. They could also relook at increasing the percentage of HP lost from 40% to 60% to about max 75% at tier 4 for Aura of Valor are two that come to mind that COULD be used by both paragon paths. They could also increase bane (and bless) effect to not stack if used against more than one or two targets but allow it to be cast against more than three targets.

Now those are just a few that come to mind and there is a host of others with in a thread within the Citadel forums. Now that thread was focused more on the Devos rather than the Prots BUT there is (and still isn't) anything stopping folks from creating a thread with some of the proposed changes you described. One that's focused on Prot-only changes with an emphasis on improving play in PvP . What you've proposed (especially wrt Bane) impacts the class as a whole AND has implications for both PvP AND PvE, NOT just the one paragon tree or (in some cases) one particular type of play. You and your team don't seem to want to take that into account.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Look just going to come out here and say this. As a paladin main and someone who has written guides, done math etc... Paladins need to be nerfed. HARD. I appreciate the buff to things like AoS (solitude), but like com'on no one is talking about the elephant in the room when it comes to Paladin. We are either 1st or 2nd best class in the game, and I'm not joking there is nothing a paladin can't really do when it comes to desirable effects, DPS, tankiness etc...

This may seem strange but I'm sorry. Paladins need to be nerfed, and there are a few big areas that are major offenders. And it doesn't even stop at paladin, there are simply a number of core broken mechanics that make all game content trivial. Its really upsetting.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    Dupeks I totally agree I was just talking to Pitshade about this. It simply seems like paladins have become the poster child for being overpowered. For just class mechanics I can name 5 commonly known busted and crazy overpowered things off the top of my head and the list doesn't stop there. I'm simply expressing that the changes above were not needed. As a protection Pally when leveling once Templar's Wrath is on the bar which should be about Vellosk timeframe you can almost AFK dps the mobs even at such a low power/dmg level. I have another pally I created a few months back and went through leveling manually. Don't get me wrong some of the changes I approve of, like AoS, and animation times. But changes like an overall 14% just seem grossly out of touch.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    @veywiil#8685 I'm not taking the position that the changes I listed are needed either. They would be a nice to have but not essential. My point was in response to another poster's recommendations and trying to demonstrate to them that the ideas they were proposing either don't take into account the impact to the class as a whole or they create a situation where a power could be viewed as unbalanced. Personally, I think the changes fine, especially with respect to animation speed and ending the cancellations. The extra damage boost is gravy. Personally, I didn't need it, but I can understand if there are paladins out there who do.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Dupeks I totally agree I was just talking to Pitshade about this. It simply seems like paladins have become the poster child for being overpowered. For just class mechanics I can name 5 commonly known busted and crazy overpowered things off the top of my head and the list doesn't stop there. I'm simply expressing that the changes above were not needed. As a protection Pally when leveling once Templar's Wrath is on the bar which should be about Vellosk timeframe you can almost AFK dps the mobs even at such a low power/dmg level. I have another pally I created a few months back and went through leveling manually. Don't get me wrong some of the changes I approve of, like AoS, and animation times. But changes like an overall 14% just seem grossly out of touch.

Heh, I don't think that paladins are particularly worse than other classes at being ridiculously broken. Different flavors, but not different ballparks.

And whereas I don't think the base damage buff was necessary, it will help mid-geared players advance through campaigns at a rate more like other support counterparts (GFs and DCs), without breaking end-game. So not necessary, but not very harmful...
  • Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    i always wondered why isnt TW capped at 200% of our hp, i had sister in CR hit me with her "1shot" attack. around 1,8mil dmg i bielieve, i survied it. And wasnt there a time when OP could survive FBI last boss 1shot too? its reacurring theme.
    As for OP being broken, we all know that our buffs are over the top, for good player AoC alone can be over 50% dmg boost, combine that with powershare and bane and you have a class thats in every dungeon. What we ask for is buff or mb change? for PVP. It feels odd having over 50% CA bonus and being unable to use it , i would welcome that instead of 14% damage buff, selfproviding CA wouldnt affect endgame pve, and would help early leveling if done properly. But what do i know, pve is walk in the park that i can do while full drunk and i only pvp casually. Mb we get CA at the start of combat for 5s? and it refreshes upon using daily? ofc we would have to use our feats for that, not that most of them are any good.
  • Options
    @majorcharvenak Alright, irony mode off. Of course, I'm still serious thinking about my proposals.
    I discussed the various options with other players and suggested changes apply only Oath of Protection.

- Heroism
    Please need reduced activation time for this effect.

- Divine Judgement
    Please need strikes targeted location in a larger area.

- Divine Call
    Additionally, when activating this action need slight increased character movement speed.

- Bane
    Please need connect two powers into one Encounter skill (Divine Touch + Bane):
    Deal heavy Radiant damage to all foes in an area around the target with a holy mark on this targets.
    Allow it to be cast against more than three targets.

- Relentless Avenger
    Need to important change for action this skill to a knockdown or a stun for say 4-5 sec,
    instead crazy knockback all other foes. "Sadly some of OP (not all thankfully) still use
    it playing in grupe and it's annoying when mobs starting flying everywhere."

- Binding Oath
    Now: "When this effect expires or the shield is depleted foes in a 30' area take 100%
    of the damage that was taken by the shield and you take 50% of that damage."
    Change on: "...you take 25% of that damage."
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    anoreksja said:

@majorcharvenak Alright, irony mode off. Of course, I'm still serious thinking about my proposals.
    I discussed the various options with other players and suggested changes apply only Oath of Protection.

- Heroism
    Please need reduced activation time for this effect.

- Divine Judgement
    Please need strikes targeted location in a larger area.

- Divine Call
    Additionally, when activating this action need slight increased character movement speed.

- Bane
    Please need connect two powers into one Encounter skill (Divine Touch + Bane):
    Deal heavy Radiant damage to all foes in an area around the target with a holy mark on this targets.

- Relentless Avenger
    Need to important change for action this skill to a knockdown or a stun for say 4-5 sec,
    instead crazy knockback all other foes. "Sadly some of OP (not all thankfully) still use
    it playing in grupe and it's annoying when mobs starting flying everywhere."

- Binding Oath
    Now: "When this effect expires or the shield is depleted foes in a 30' area take 100%
    of the damage that was taken by the shield and you take 50% of that damage."
    Change on: "...you take 25% of that damage."

Divine call speed will be provided in bulwark path, for Binding oath i just want it to respec our damage resistance but also get affected by debuffs, so it wont be too strong in pvp, i agree with DJ aoe, i learned to aim it properly but its freaking tought, you gotta run around mobs and jump and cast it while in the air.... Heroism should be much faster, or mb make it instant when under hp treshold? but also add cooldown to it like lay on hands does. What i also want to see is some AP gain adjustments, lots of our powers give almost no AP. In pvp for example i see people use their daily 2-3 times and im sitting at 1/3 of my AP. In 1v1 tr uses bloodbath 6 times and i dont even have my daily up yet. They do stack recovery but STILL the difference is too vast.

• Options
    Well I can honestly say this was the fastest response time for a nerf I can think of in quite some time. (I'm sure it had nothing to do with my comments however)
    AoC now only procs once per ability, I personally confirmed this on a number of powers that used to do this.
    Vow also no longer deals any damage thus can't proc things like feytouched buff. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg
  • Options

Well I can honestly say this was the fastest response time for a nerf I can think of in quite some time. (I'm sure it had nothing to do with my comments however)
    AoC now only procs once per ability, I personally confirmed this on a number of powers that used to do this.
    Vow also no longer deals any damage thus can't proc things like feytouched buff. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg

Just noticed that myself on Preview. Was going to ask if anyone else was seeing this. Is this a bug or WAI?
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    as long as BL procs it 9 times i dont care ;p
  • Options
    Yeah. Only reading AoC not procing on Vow. It seems to be working fine on BL and bane.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    sam115151sam115151 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have previously shortened the skill animations for the paladins in this forum to be too long, the damage is minimal, and the abbreviation of skill animations is given in example in module 5 "T.R." The first "Q" skill for the class was applied to the "blow-blow" and "o.p." I have written that it should be done for the class.
    sample:
    D.C.> wisdom = "Damage Dealt"> ???? !!!! + Outhgoinghealing + cont.bonus + cont.res. bla bla bla
    O.P. >> ??? where? damage dealt
    G.F.> STR =DamageDealt ?? !!!
    O.P. >> ??? !!! where? damage dealt
    O.P.> constitution = max.hit point (lollll) + damage taken (lollllllll)

With the two support classes above, the paladin is simply compared and the paladin class is still struggling in the game with the missing design. 14% percent increase is not enough. I think that paladins should be added to the "damage dealt" as in other classes. damage taken. And the other team members are running in a position where the paladin remains in the real target. Other classes are still very outstanding features damage configurations are very good.and some idiots opposed me when I told them in my previous writings. but it seems that the designers have seen and accepted some facts, but not enough....
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Just noticed that myself on Preview. Was going to ask if anyone else was seeing this. Is this a bug or WAI?
    I think it's related to the nerf to TR smokebomb. It also hit CW's IT and CoI. Just a systems interaction... I don't think that it was intended to impact so many powers but now they might justify leaving it this way in general.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    dupeks said:

I think it's related to the nerf to TR smokebomb. It also hit CW's IT and CoI. Just a systems interaction... I don't think that it was intended to impact so many powers but now they might justify leaving it this way in general.
    Thanks @dupeks. I just saw your response in the bug reports on this issue. Hopefully they'll consider fixing it but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    cloud1323#7124 cloud1323 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    1.question and 1 suggestion thats hopefully taken seriously.

Is aoc now only going to proc off the first bl proc and not all 9 as it does now?

Could bane (for devo) be changed so it cant target companions. Pc players dont have an issue due to key binding but console players have a hard time with bane as pets always get in the way. I can handle dc's or 2nd dps getting in the way but companions getting the buff is a slap in the face.

Thanks
  • Options

Is aoc now only going to proc off the first bl proc and not all 9 as it does now?

Could bane (for devo) be changed so it cant target companions. Pc players dont have an issue due to key binding but console players have a hard time with bane as pets always get in the way. I can handle dc's or 2nd dps getting in the way but companions getting the buff is a slap in the face.

Thanks

pc players have same problem. most people dont bother binding bane to both boss and dps.
    if BL procs only once then i quit the game, as its our only aoe power that deals more then atwill.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    leonidrex said:

Thanks

pc players have same problem. most people dont bother binding bane to both boss and dps.
    if BL procs only once then i quit the game, as its our only aoe power that deals more then atwill.
    It procs 9 times on BL with a full charge on both live and Preview. It procs when the enemy is hit with other effects on both live and preview for both paragon paths. As of this writing. I just tested it with BL, Smite, RA, DJ, RS, OS, SS, TW and DT. AoC proc on each 'hit' against the target or multiple targets for each time 'hit'. It also proc'd each time an enemy was marked with Bane, and proc'd on each target captured by banishment. It does NOT however proc when applying VoE on any hits for both paragon paths.

Edit - Wanted to add that AoC also procs against multiple targets hit by BL (number dependent on charge level and targets) on preview, just like it does on live so we might be able rest a little bit easier. They just need to fix it on Vow. My two coppers.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    And what about the "Divine Touch" ? In practice it does not do any heavy damage.
    Would not it be better to add to this encounter power the Bane to mark enemies after each hit for path Oath of Protection? cooldown 10s. Anyway we would not loss time aiming at the target.

(Divine Touch + Bane) in one encounter skill:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    anoreksja said:

And what about the "Divine Touch" ? In practice it does not do any heavy damage.
    Would not it be better to add to this encounter power the Bane to mark enemies after each hit for path Oath of Protection? cooldown 10s. Anyway we would not loss time aiming at the target.

(Divine Touch + Bane) in one encounter skill:

i dont think adding bane ( one of if not the strongest encounter we have ) to other encounters is a good idea.
    if you want pally to be good developers need to make our feat trees good. all our feats are soooo sooooo bad.
    when i was picking them for pvp i wasnt thinking about whats good, i was thinking what is less bad.
    but when you look at other classes, everything is more dmg this more dmg that more armorpen here more crit there.
    meanwhile we 10% heal, next 10% heal, next 10% defence. or 10% speed or 1/3 uptime HAMSTER lifesteal or situational feat that works when you are alone ( stem the tide ) fun thing its one of our better feats.
    currently in pvp all the feats I have come down to
    - Keystone ( justice )
    - Martyrs blood ( -10% dmg to enemy )
    - Stem the tide ( its ok nothing amazing )
    losing all other feats would make almost no difference

- edit typos prolly more ;p
    Post edited by leonidrex on
  • Options
    May I remind you Pally was never intended to be a DPS class. IMO we do enough damage as is through the use of the prot mechanic, in both PVE and PVP.