test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your experiences with the Random Expert Queue

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited September 2018 in PvE Discussion
I have been doing the Random Expert Queue a few times - queued up solo and sort of expected abysmal failures, but the outcome has been surprising.

First, every single time I have ended up in ToNG. I guess that is because it is the one people are most likely to solo-queue up for directly, rather than CoDG or CR.

Second, every run was successful, and the run times were not too bad - the fastest was under 20 minutes and the slowest one just around 28 minutes - not too bad, considering that some of the groups were a bit, well sub-optimal (like GF, DC, 3xGWF), and the average IL was a lot lower than for the normal "premade" groups I normally run with.

Now, I know that some people queue up for REQ with a suitable premade group, but if you do queue up solo, what has your experience been like ?
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    REQ is the first queue I try to get done every day. Been doing it since the day I unlocked CR. I've experienced pretty good success with my 14K DC in ToNG. Already have two pieces of armor just doing ToNG in REQ. I expect to get the full set without completing CR even once.

Capable OP tanks and DCs should have good results in ToNG. With the power creep, a carry or two is even possible if there is a superstar dps.

CR and CoDG are a different story, they are more like the RAQ disaster that is overrun by vistani heroes. Fails every time. I almost always take the 30 minute penalty when I get CR. I've had decent results in CR in the earlier days when the queue had more 13/14K veterans. Now it's 15/16K vistani whales that are low dps and can't be bothered to do the book.

CoDG rarely comes up. I've never completed it, so when I get it in REQ, its just a training run for me.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I ended up with a 13K group in T9. I was lone player above 13.5 at 13.9. Now I would not have a problem with said group but the DC was using Chains, Daunting Light and Flame Strike. No buffs from the DC. The DPS did not have any bondings, just runestones.

I left with top healing, damage in, damage out and zero deaths. I didn't even attempt the Orcus.

I have gotten this type of q now 5 times between my DC, CW and OP. Yeah it works wonderful.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I occasionally REQ on a DC, OP tank, or CW. My experience has been more positive than negative, and we've even completed CR a couple times (again with suboptimal groups).

I think for most dungeons, if you have a solid tank and heals things end up going quite well. Since I queue my (solid) tank or heals a fair bit, I think my experience is probably skewed accordingly.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    dupeks said:

I occasionally REQ on a DC, OP tank, or CW. My experience has been more positive than negative, and we've even completed CR a couple times (again with suboptimal groups).

I think for most dungeons, if you have a solid tank and heals things end up going quite well. Since I queue my (solid) tank or heals a fair bit, I think my experience is probably skewed accordingly.

Yeah having the solid "tank/dc/dps" in any random queue makes them all viable to finish at ease.

Plus if you do, you make 2 gwfs happy when they solo queue.

I meant classes classified as dps but i really see lots of gwfs solo queueing lmao
    Last few trips have been better. Got T9 and CoDG and both were beaten in fairly easy manner. I was surprised to get a CoDG but it took around 15 minutes and that was not with an optimize group.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I am starting to run REQ daily - almost always get ToNG and the average completion time is 25 minutes. Not as good as with an "optimal" BiS group, but not too bad.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

I am starting to run REQ daily - almost always get ToNG and the average completion time is 25 minutes. Not as good as with an "optimal" BiS group, but not too bad.

I rarely get T9 as of late. I get CR and usually on the last boss and it is the only reason why I stay.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    To me, the REQ isn't worth it unless you queue with at least a couple of friends or have an abundance of gaming time.

The reason for this is that I get Castle Ravenloft 3 times out of 4, including times when the group just immediately disbands. If people don't instantly abandon because they want to practise or believe they can do it, the first boss breaks them. One time a group made it to the second boss before we failed the dps check, and that's still the best run out of dozens of REQ CRs.

The saltiest thing is that you can be stuck in a dungeon for well over an hour or two, and if your group doesn't want to abandon and you leave, you still get penalty. I think if you're past an hour into the dungeon, the leaver penalty shouldn't apply anymore.
    meirami said:

To me, the REQ isn't worth it unless you queue with at least a couple of friends or have an abundance of gaming time.

The reason for this is that I get Castle Ravenloft 3 times out of 4, including times when the group just immediately disbands. If people don't instantly abandon because they want to practise or believe they can do it, the first boss breaks them. One time a group made it to the second boss before we failed the dps check, and that's still the best run out of dozens of REQ CRs.

The saltiest thing is that you can be stuck in a dungeon for well over an hour or two, and if your group doesn't want to abandon and you leave, you still get penalty. I think if you're past an hour into the dungeon, the leaver penalty shouldn't apply anymore.

Or you get a T9 where you are the top DPS as the tank or dc.
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I've tried 6 times, beat one spellplague master only because of some great weapon fighter who killed the last boss by themselves because everyone else dies in 1-2 hits, 3 other spellplague fails before the first checkpoint, 2 or 3 FBI fails before even getting to the top of the hill. I don't even queue for it anymore.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    for my 15k chars:

Expert To9G - easy
    Expert CR - hard but possible (ended with my DC, with my SW still stop on last Boss fight)
    CoDG - finished 1 time for all time in random Q. (almost 2)

for 11k toons (DC/TempSW/GF)
    FBI - ended with DC and more harder with my little GF
    SC - ended with DC/GF/TempLock
    other fights too rare. To9G still not try with minimal lvl))
    usually all this runs are some about 30minutes or 1h+
    (in many cases problems just in them mind (party members))
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

Got 3 CoDG. It is so fun that most random groups cannot get by the elevator. I simply now leave when it is CR or CoDG.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I could not be happier with REQ the past two weeks. ToNG every time, and not one fail. Queue times have been a tad bit longer, and I haven't seen a UES in a while, but who cares, no HAMSTER CR. I think the patch where they took out the pillars in the sister fight and not fix any bugs finally broke the spirits of all the CR queuers. Yeah!