test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I thought I read L6 somewhere. But keep levelling and you tell us :)
    The bugs related to copying characters with advanced profession levels have been fixed to you can try that again as well.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @mithrosnomore said:
    > What level does a character have to be to get the mission from Knox?
    >
    > I figured that it would be the same level as when you get to start crafting now, but after leveling a character to that point on live, when I copied them to test Knox did not have the mission for them.

I think it's a level 20 quest now.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User

I think it's a level 20 quest now.

Thank you much.

I was about to try again but I guess I'll grind out a few more levels and try at 20.
  • lordcamdenlordcamden Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Bug: Upon entering the Craft Hall for the first time, my Scourge Warlock suddenly had a Soul Puppet along with her regular companion. The Soul Puppet did not de-spawn on leaving the craft hall.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Finally able to test again! I had to copy new characters to Test in order for it it work properly, just as the notes said to do.

People keep asking when they can exchange their crafting resources, etc. Right after the initial quests, the last initial quest being that you turn in your gathered resources. I was able to access the exchange immediately following that.

The addition of the artisan exchange for your legacy slot unlocks was nice, imho. The last exchange is not working properly, so you only get 7 free artisans. But those added to the initial 4 artisans give you more than the 10 needed to meet the objective of getting your workshop upgraded.

In the material exchange, it only allows you to buy materials up to the tier below adamantine/shimmerweave/etc. So you cannot easily make the level 70 stuff needed to upgrade your worskshop to level 4. I estimate it will take at least a week to gather and make the things needed to get to level 4, provided nothing changes when it goes live. Can we have all the basic materials used on recipes up to level 70 on the exchange?

On test, with the use of the free materials crate (located on the stack of crates behind the artisan table), I was able to get to workshop level 4 within a few hours of clickfesting.

When you create something and use morale, often times the artisan/tools/supplement reset. When you click to spend morale and the whole line nulls out. So you have to re select the artisan, their tool and any supplement you used. This extra clicking makes the instant crafting with morale very very tedious. Please correct it.

People have complained about the wide variance in artisan stats. It is rather bothersome. Supposedly, everyone has the same global set of artisans and it is random which ones you get. What would be nice to know is...when you terminate an artisan's contract, are they put back into the random pool such that they will take up another slot for you to hire them again? And potentially waste an artisan scroll on someone you already rejected?
    onodrain said:

People have complained about the wide variance in artisan stats. It is rather bothersome. Supposedly, everyone has the same global set of artisans and it is random which ones you get. What would be nice to know is...when you terminate an artisan's contract, are they put back into the random pool such that they will take up another slot for you to hire them again? And potentially waste an artisan scroll on someone you already rejected?

They almost have to, don't they?

I mean, the pool isn't infinite (the blog entry states "over 200 unique artisans to hire"), so in order to keep common applicants in the pool they have to recycle them.

If the artisan box was working correctly we could easily test this ourselves by just opening boxes and declining the applicants, noting names until we saw a duplicate, but I am sure that they will show up again.

The only alternative is to potentially allow a player to fire so many artisans that they can no longer find anyone to work for them. And that might seem absurd, since it would include that player firing/declining whatever purple artisans showed up looking for work, but it would be possible and I am sure that they do not want anyone doing that.

And that might seem absurd, since it would include that player firing/declining whatever purple artisans showed up looking for work, but it would be possible and I am sure that they do not want anyone doing that.

IMHO purple artisans are not all great. They have stats up to 400, but I had +200% commission/+200% speed. That makes things cost 3 times the normal amount. Getting things completed more quickly is not as important when you have the morale.
  • ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2018

In Blacksmithing:
    Mythral Scythe's material is incorrect (it is required Steel Ingot now, probably Mithral Ingot's mistake).

In leatherworking:
    Manticore Duelist and Manticore Executioner's item level is low (+0 is 450 and +1 is 460).
    Hunter Ranger's Manticore Duelist +1 is not exist or cannot referable.
    Manticore Assault +1 and Manticore Raid +1's item level is low (+0 is 560, +1 is 540).

In tailoring:
    Manticore Duelist and Manticore Executioner's item level is low (+0 is 450 and +1 is 460).
    Manticore Executioner Armlets +1 is not exist or cannot referable.
    Manticore Assault +1 and Manticore Raid +1's item level is low (+0 is 560, +1 is 540).

In armorsmithing:
    Titansteel Duelist, Titansteel Executioner, Titansteel Gladiator and Titansteel Medic's item level is low (+0 is 450 and +1 is 460).
    Titansteel Executioner Brace +1, Titansteel Executioner Coif +1 and Titansteel Raid Greaves +1 is not exist or cannot referable.
    Titansteel Assault +1, Titansteel Raid +1, Titansteel Restoration +1 and Titansteel Ward +1's item level is low (+0 is 560, +1 is 540).

General:
    Name of Silverspruce Sash below rank 15 (uncommon) is "Silverspruce Belt".
    An unknown number is shown under the stats in new tool's tooltip. Probably level requirements?

Followings is not a issue with module 15, but it has been neglected for more than a year.

Major typo are still remains in NW.105.20181008a.2.
    • Masterwork Accessories III
      Fanged Restoration Ring is shown as Beaded Restoration Ring.

Current Masterwork Accessories III include Beaded Assault Ring, Beaded Restoration Ring, Bronzewood Raid Ring and Lichstone Ward Ring. Not exist Fanged Ring.
      Masterwork Waist Sets III include Beaded Sash, Bronzewood Sash, Fanged Sash and Lichstone Sash.

Comparing the above two, Masterwork Accessories III is heterogeneous.
    • Masterwork Neck Sets III
      Fanged Amulet is shown as Fanged Beaded Amulet.
      Other names are Beaded Amulet, Bronzewood Amulet and Lichstone Amulet.
    • Hunter Ranger's Masterwork Armor III
      Those name's prefixes are still "leather". Scourge Warlock and Trickster Rogue's Armor changed from "leather" to "dinohide". Is this unhcnaged?
    • Control Wizard's Masterwork Armor III
      Prefixes for these names are various. Bronzewood, Feathered, Jute and Silk.
      Prefixes of other classes are unified, Control Wizard's set is not-unified and heterogeneous.
    • Oathbound Paladin's Huntsman Armor
      Huntsman Restoration Poleyns is shown as Huntsman Restoration Gaiters.
      Gaiters is Hunter Ranger's Footwear and Huntsman Ward Poleyns is not wrong.
    • Control Wizard's Thayan Servitor Armor
      Gloves of the Thayan Servitor is shown as Gloves of the Thayan Zealot.
      Names of other pieces in Collection are Cowl of the Thayan Servitor, Boots of the Thayan Servitor and Robes of the Thayan Servitor.
      And, Gloves of the Thayan Zealot is one of a piece of Thayan Zealot Equipment Collection (it's a removed collection).
    Post edited by ornald on
    edited October 2018
    onodrain said:

IMHO purple artisans are not all great. They have stats up to 400, but I had +200% commission/+200% speed. That makes things cost 3 times the normal amount. Getting things completed more quickly is not as important when you have the morale.

Whether someone like purple artisans or not wasn't really the point, though.

It doesn't matter if you personally favor artisans of whatever quality, with some particular special ability, that offer commission discounts, speed bonuses, those with a higher focus or proficiency or if you like them balanced, or even those of a single race or that share some common thread in their mini-bio.

If artisans do not repeat then you can end up with no artisans available and I am sure that that they do not want that to happen.

===========

And I'll just add this extra stuff here... Level 20 definitely high enough to get the mission on test. Might be able to get it at a lower level, but 11 is too low.

Also, all of the retainers say the same basic things to male or female characters, with only minor differences (Sirin says "milady" or "milord", Maelys compliments your beauty or handsomeness, etc).

I thought that Maelys might change what she said and that maybe Callum would flirt with females, but no.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    BUG: Tailoring. The task "Shimmerweave sash" (lvl 10) is on level 70.
    BUG: Tailoring. The "Silk sash" quest (lvl 10) is on level 60.
    BUG: Tailoring. The task "Velveteen sash" (lvl10) is on level 49 ...

And so on. Everything in the Tailoring has a badly marked lvl, or is in the wrong place. One big mess.

Every time I want to repeat the task, the game empties my slots. I have to set up my artisan and tools anew. Annoying.

Purple artisans are sucked. Half of the demand for credit I made using purple artisan and the other half using white.
    Purple's commission was over 100 gold, white about 17g. The failure rate with purple was about 20%, at white it was less than 10%. A special artisan skill entered at purple only once, white 5 times.
    Thank you for your cooperation, white will stay, purple get out

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    edited October 2018

Please sort the exchange (for-sale) lists from the retainer.

Materials should be sorted alphabetically.

Tools should be grouped by type, then sorted alphabetically.

(The “Playtest Materials” list could similarly be sorted.)

Not necessarily a bug, but I agree. The sorting on these is a mess.

I would rather they be sorted by item type name and then material/quality within that item type.
    Rather than "adamantine cross-peen hammer*" and "mithral cross-peen hammer*" they would be "cross-peen hammer, adamantine" and "cross-peen hammer, mithral", for example.

(*or whatever the blacksmith's hammer is called)

The list would be alphabetical, so you could more quickly find what you were looking for, whether it be a cross-peen hammer or a rounding knife or a bucket, of whatever quality you wish that tool to be.

In a more perfect world, there would be tabs/buttons for the different crafting skills and someone that was interested in leatherworking wouldn't have to bother sorting out tools used in blacksmithing or alchemy or anything other than leatherworking, but that may be too much to ask.

It’s not clear to me what benefit more rare artisans bring. It looks like they might have a small boost to proficiency and/or focus, but if so, it’s hardly noticeable, and moreover, I’ve seen more variation within a rarity category than between.

That is, I have to two purple/epic guys – one has values of +400/+400 and the other has +385/+385. But I have two common/white guys, and one has +375/+345, and the other had +340/+340. (These are all level 70.)

The two white guys have a 35 point difference in their proficiency, while the purple guys have a 15 point variation. This is only 4 samples, so I’d like to know more clearly what the skill variations are both between and within categories.

Also, if those are the ranges, it hardly makes a difference. +15 or +25 points out 1,500 is not significant.

But those guys should have other differences.

The +400/+400 purple has better proficiency and focus than the +385/+385, but the latter might be faster at crafting, have a lower commission, and/or have a greater chance of activating their special ability.

Same with the +340/+340 common artisan compared to the +375/+345.

Heck, it's possible that different special abilities are given different weight; That the 400/400 might have miracle worker and the 385/385 have dab hand, for example, because they think that dab hand is the better special.

That is if they aren't just imbalanced like some of the artisans that I have listed previously are. Trying to figure out if the devs give more weight to some special abilities will be pretty much impossible until we know that they have balanced the artisans in all other ways, and they may never bother with that.

I can live with two artisans being identical in every way but one having a 5% chance of this special and one having a 10% chance of that special. I just have trouble with two that are identical in every way, including which special they have, except one has a 5% chance of activation and the other a 10% chance.

Old people-assets give, in “Asset Exchange Credit”:

White: 1
    Green: 2,000
    Blue: 8,000
    Purple: 20,000

So that means green and blue people-assets are better to have than purple ones. Is that intended? It seems like purple assets should be worth 32,000 in this scheme.

Meanwhile, asset-tools give, in “Asset Exchange Credit”:

White/Worn: 1
    Green/Iron: 100
    Blue/Steel: 500
    Purple/Mithral: 5,000

I like this scheme a lot better, except that a purple tool is worth much less than a purple person, even though, in the old system, they came interchangeably from the same professions packs. Maybe the probabilities were different behind the scenes, but the possibility of a (e.g.) purple “asset” drop was always stated independent of whether the asset was a person or a tool.

So it seems like they should have the same values.

The more that I have thought about this as I was typing my response (and it changed twice before I got to this one), the more I understand the common workers and tools being undervalued.
    I was wondering why the 4X value wasn't there before but I am correcting myself now: Shouldn't happen.

You can go to a vendor and buy common tools. If they traded at a "fair" value then people would be scooping them up like crazy to set themselves up for the new system.

Same reason why I think that something below 4X is fine for the green and blue laborers and tools as well. If commons are worth so much less than greens but greens are in line with blues and purples as being of equal value then people just upgrade to green, including buying common tools to upgrade to green, and they are done.
    Yes, that takes some commitment of time, but not much. A few silver to buy 4 tools, 18 hours to use them to create a green tool, and you are done. There would be no further benefit to improving that tool.

So an uneven increase as you move up in rarity makes sense.

And I also understand why tools would be worth less.
    Even if there was the same chance of pulling a laborer of any given quality from a pack as there was a tool of that same quality, the fact remains that there are more tools than different laborer types, thus making laborers rarer than tools overall.

Now I still do not know why a purple laborer should be worth less than 4X a blue laborer, but I absolutely understand why a white tool would be worth less than 1/4th of a green tool, or why that green tool would be worth less than 1/4 of a blue tool and so on.

Green laborers should be worth well under 1/4 the redemption value of blue laborers.
    Blue laborers should be worth less than 1/4 of the redemption value of purple laborers.

• theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1)Artisant which have 200% comission MEAN the cost for item is 3x greater :disappointed: Artisant is too greedy.
    In case of Speed 50% mean it take 50% time faster. I catch few time on this logic. but -25% mean it take longer.
    The normal player will be catch in this math problem.
    Edit : -25% speed mean time spend on the item is lesser.

Click in masterwork 5 Blacksmithing recipe crash the game for me:
    Wootz watchet, Wootz Pickaxe, Round knige, Wootz Scythe

Forcehammer should be reworked. THIS IS A MUST
    Put ForgeHammer in place of 'Supplement' instead of Tool. Player could resummon it every time he wast it(after 1min) and it should increase Proficiency and focus according to existing tools endgame tools

WHY REWORK forgeHammer?

If you have forgeHammer.
    Do you need masterwork tools or Chult tools from commision to finish masterwork? NO.(use Forgehammer or normal tools)
    Do you need to create Tools from masterwork 5? NO (use ForgeHammer)
    Can you unlock masterwok 1-5 with ForgeHammer? YES (it is all you need.)
    Why the use for other tools? have 100% chance for the lower tier items.

What happend if we put ForgeHammer as buff in supplementary slot?
    1)supplementary items become useless for forgehammer owners.(If masterwork 5 can make supplementary item better than Forgehammer.)
    2)Player will need to create the best tools from the new system.
    The tools will have a value in game and can be sold on AH.
    commistion items that you need to make with 50 of them to get Chult tools? become useless. Because you just need forge hammer.

Not sure if it is as intended.
    Masterwork tools can be replaced by normal tools to complite masterwork 1-5. You can also use forgehammer.
    In this case Masterwork tools does not have a meaning or chult tools that you need to make all to commision items. You speend a lot of time on the item to get something worst than tools from masterwork 5 which you can get by making 10x time less items. The worst thing is that END game tool is forgeHammer.
    but you cant use Forgehammer with Advanturer artisan because they need Wootz Scythe... This is the only item worth making in master work 5 :(

• theothergaliusz#7671 theothergaliusz Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1)Is forgehammer endgame tool? You can unlock masterwork with forgehammer ONLY.

Commission items that you need to create (60-70item) to buy Chult Masterwork tools. Can be replaced by ForgeHammer tool.
    Tools from masterwork 5 request less effort and cost, but are second best in new profession system.
    Can Chult tools be better than Masterwork 5 or equlas, or only able to use them in masterwork task 3-5
    2) Do you need to craft tools in profession? when you get forgehammer?

Can forgeHammer become supplementary item.buff/Aura/holy Water, not a tool?
    Chult tools and Quest tools from masterwork 2 become useless as you can use Forgehammer in tool slot

Wootz Scythe is only tool that is better than ForgeHammer because you cant use ForgeHammer in gathering task.

New system have only one TOOL Slot :( and still use items from the old system like forgehammer.
  • Purple artisans are sucked. Half of the demand for credit I made using purple artisan and the other half using white.
    Purple's commission was over 100 gold, white about 17g. The failure rate with purple was about 20%, at white it was less than 10%. A special artisan skill entered at purple only once, white 5 times.
    Thank you for your cooperation, white will stay, purple get out

Its look like the the epic artisant take 200% the cost which is 3x the normal price. I like the idea behind this. This mean if you use green artisant you will have lower chance, but less gold speend and they will still be usefull. You pick violet artisant and it increase a chance but also slow down the items creation process, because you will be out of gold. Also the gameplay where you need to look for cool artisant.

For example 500% commision artisant show up for you and with 40% ability to return double the resouce, but i do not think there exist one super artisant like that.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    When you do the intro the Landlord says "Shall I send the rest home and take my leave" the conversation ends and then you need to talk to him again to finish the quest. This shouldn't be needed.

There seems to be no reason for Bolden to ever be in the Workshop, he could just give you the supplies in his conversation when you hand over the items you have crafted. The gift from Lady Begam, can simply be part of conversation with your retainer.

Tress never turns around to face you when she talks to you in Bradda's.

Your retainer conversation in Bradda's is pointless and lacks purpose.

There is no obvious way to start a profession you don't already have. (If you buy an artisan unlock with your conversion from the old resources fund, you cannot get an artisan for a profession you don't have. eg I don't have Artificing (but need it to make shields), and cannot buy an Artificer because "You don't meet the requirements" (whatever they are). )
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

I don’t see any other way to boost these numbers further.

If your materials are high quality (+1), it increases your chance of focus success (critical). Each high quality item increases the chance further, though it does not increase your focus, it does increase the focus success. So you can boost your chance by over 10% through the use of high quality materials.

They said that the materials gathered from scrolls can be high quality (+1).
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    "I still don’t see what’s going to happen to elemental fire/water/air/earth, Elemental Aggregates, and Unified Elements."

They have yet to finish adding all the recipes into the new professions. This includes the enforcement kits which will most likely require the same inputs as before including Unified Elements, Dragon Eggs, AD Cost etc. They DO know that the kits are not there and they will be forthcoming.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    What happen at legendary mortar crucible ecc ecc?
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    There is no Mithral Raising Hammer available in the Buy New Assets window.

"I still don’t see what’s going to happen to elemental fire/water/air/earth, Elemental Aggregates, and Unified Elements."

They have yet to finish adding all the recipes into the new professions. This includes the enforcement kits which will most likely require the same inputs as before including Unified Elements, Dragon Eggs, AD Cost etc. They DO know that the kits are not there and they will be forthcoming.

I hope that some of these new recipes that they add (or that can be discovered or unlocked or whatever they do) include maces and other different weapons.
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @mithrosnomore

You said:
    "Same reason why I think that something below 4X is fine for the green and blue laborers and tools as well. If commons are worth so much less than greens but greens are in line with blues and purples as being of equal value then people just upgrade to green, including buying common tools to upgrade to green, and they are done."

I think you may be making some erroneous assumptions. Unless this is something that occurs for mastercrafters or people with high level guild crafting access, you cannot upgrade white/commons to greens. Neither artisans nor tools. You can upgrade artisans from 4xTier1 to 1xTier2, or 4xTier2 to 1xTier3, but that is all. I do not think you can upgrade common tools at all.

I have checked the market numerous times, and the next tier up is generally priced at 3 to 3.5x the value of the lower tier. You might say "This is foolish, it takes 4 Tier 1 to make a Tier 2, plus your time!". But 4 Tier 1s can run 4 tasks, and 1 Tier 2 can only run 1.

It is also likely based on their relative supply from the purchased boxes they drop from. Theory aside, purples do not sell for more than 4X the value of a blue (in general, in my experience).

What Cryptic is effectively saying here is, "We are going to take away dozens of products you already bought and paid for, and we are going to replace those products with a raffle ticket which may or may not get you a single, comparable product in return, but will most likely get you a worse one".

People (and Cryptic) will say "But these are new, special artisans and tools who are much, much cooler than the old ones".

Except that it has already been shown that these 'new' products have worse RNG than your old artisans/tools, they won't be able to run as many tasks consecutively, you won't be able to get the specific ones you want except by lottery, and they can only be used in a system which, to date, has generated 32 pages of bug reports and issues in a couple weeks.

So yeah, this system is pretty cool... if you like paying for things, then having those things taken away and replaced with fewer, worse things.

(Apologies for the hacked quote... for some reason the forum has stopped allowing me to quote single phrases and just sticks in the entire message plus all previous quotes)
  • rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Very interesting question.
    I would like to know if we will still have Elemental Aggregates and Unified Elements in new mod.
    And, most of all... those are resources to craft Armor Reinforcement Kits... Will we still be able to craft these kits or not ?
    Will we have to give up reinforcements on the armor?
    Thanks a lot
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Apologies for the delay in responding to all of your questions. We have been very busy getting things finalized ahead of launch and I realize there are still some issues, particularly the one that popped up with last Friday's build preventing artisan packs from being opened. Hopefully you're still able to test out a lot more of the changes now that you are no longer blocked on the delivery box.

I would like to personally apologize for this issue making it into the preview build. I believe this issue was fixed locally and did not make it into the preview build due to timing. To give you all some insight into why the packs broke, when they were seemingly working fine last week—we got some new tech in place to allow artisans to be granted above level 1, so some big changes needed to be made to these packs.

We also needed to prevent you from accidentally opening the pack with a profession choice that give you no results, or opening the pack if you had reached the maximum number of artisans, as artisans cannot enter the overflow bag properly. With all of these changes happening at once, there was a brief period where the packs were not working and unfortunately that's what made it into this week's build.

For those wondering how this will work—any of the packs from the exchange, or from the zen market will grant an artisan that matches your level in that profession. (This will also be true for initial applicants from the intro quest, if you are on a character who already has a profession leveled up.) Applicants that apply via the normal method and appear at your desk will have a variable level based on their rarity, but capped by your level in that profession.

@asterdahl
    Is there any mid-term plan, not necessarily for this module but let say for the 3-9 months in the future, to add recipes for some pure fashion items other than the alchemy dyes (or multiply the variety/colors for the alchemy dyes/tamarlune dyes) ?
    I really want to tune my outfits with my splendid flashy green owlbear :rolleyes:
    I don't really feel like Neverwinter is populated with the army of clones (if I only take the main character from each player), but it would definitely be nice to have a little more fashion choices.

We would like to add more recipes like this in the future, but I can't make any promises about when it will happen. Know that it's definitely on our minds though, for what it's worth!

Some more feedback on some of the artisans (and this includes adventurers as well) that you can get.

Compare these two blacksmiths:

Trodinn Deepstone has +53 proficiency, +47 focus, +0% commission, -50% speed, and the dab hand special, giving him a 5% chance to double the result of his assignment.

Rinn Giroud, on the other hand, has +53 proficiency, +47 focus, +0% commission, -50% speed, and the dab hand special, giving her a 10% chance to double the result of her assignment.

Second thing, and this may seem like a terribly minor thing to some, but I would like to know more about my would-be retainers.

Finally (for now), how about some other races thrown into the retainer mix? Are no dwarves or elves interested in working as a retainer? They are certainly willing to work as artisans and adventurers.
    I understand that the shop could get crowded if there were six potential retainers of every race standing about, but I think that at least one dwarf, one elf, one halfling, and one half-orc (two males and two females amongst those four) would really add some needed variety.

Thank you.

Hey, thanks for the feedback on the artisans! Last Friday's preview build should have dramatically rebalanced all of the artisans, they were in a rough initial state before that. Please note that all artisans will not have the same chance of activating a skill, as they may have higher stats elsewhere to make up for that, but as you pointed out, those two were otherwise identical, so that was definitely a bug.

After the changes, artisans should have more varied stats, which should hopefully make choosing between them more interesting.

In regards to your retainers backstories, I am happy you're interested in them! Unfortunately at this point there's no way to fit their back story into the game at this time, but if there's enough interest, we will definitely consider it.

In regards to supporting races other than human, unfortunately we don't have any plans to do so at this time. Ultimately, we knew we were only going to be able to support a limited number of choices, and wanted to provide diverse options, but just trying to provide diverse options with six human retainers can leave a lot to be desired in terms of representation, if we introduced another axis, six choices simply wouldn't be enough.

The free artisan scrolls from the Playtest Materials box are not working for me. When I open one it says I dont meet the requirements. This is preventing me from advancing the workshop storyline - Hire 10 Artisans.

Also, the profession materials/asset exchange is not available yet from the retainer. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Thank you for reporting this, we recently made a change that would prevent the exchange from showing for new players that have no deprecated resources or currency to spend there, and for old players who eventually exhaust all their exchange tokens and resources. It has been working locally under all circumstances, but we will be looking into this issue immediately.
    ornald said:

Can't buy "Artisan Recruitments" from retainer.
    Not redeemed "Profession Slot 9 Legacy Unlock" ,even if we achieved the third tier results.

Thank you for the report, this issue will be fixed in the next preview build.

Grammar bug
    https://imgur.com/ml1TlLp
    Sigh if I could figure out how to post the image directly I would but using the Image tool doesn't work for me.

Thanks for the report!
    onodrain said:

Finally able to test again! I had to copy new characters to Test in order for it it work properly, just as the notes said to do.

People keep asking when they can exchange their crafting resources, etc. Right after the initial quests, the last initial quest being that you turn in your gathered resources. I was able to access the exchange immediately following that.

The addition of the artisan exchange for your legacy slot unlocks was nice, imho. The last exchange is not working properly, so you only get 7 free artisans. But those added to the initial 4 artisans give you more than the 10 needed to meet the objective of getting your workshop upgraded.

In the material exchange, it only allows you to buy materials up to the tier below adamantine/shimmerweave/etc. So you cannot easily make the level 70 stuff needed to upgrade your worskshop to level 4. I estimate it will take at least a week to gather and make the things needed to get to level 4, provided nothing changes when it goes live. Can we have all the basic materials used on recipes up to level 70 on the exchange?

On test, with the use of the free materials crate (located on the stack of crates behind the artisan table), I was able to get to workshop level 4 within a few hours of clickfesting.

When you create something and use morale, often times the artisan/tools/supplement reset. When you click to spend morale and the whole line nulls out. So you have to re select the artisan, their tool and any supplement you used. This extra clicking makes the instant crafting with morale very very tedious. Please correct it.

Thanks for the feedback, in regards to materials above level 60, we don't plan to put them into the exchange, as we'd like for some of the new items to maintain some amount of initial value, and most of the items made with these materials significantly exceed the item level of items created with those materials which can currently be sold to the exchange.

In regards to things unslotting unexpectedly, our UI programmer is looking into this issue and we hope to have no unexpected unslottings in the next build.

In regards to terminated contracts, artisans who you do not hire or who you fire do remain in the pool of potential artisans.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    onodrain said:

And that might seem absurd, since it would include that player firing/declining whatever purple artisans showed up looking for work, but it would be possible and I am sure that they do not want anyone doing that.

There are a few epic artisans who have lower commission costs, but as a whole they are generally higher skilled but cost more. Epic artisans are not meant to replace rare or common artisans in all cases, depending on how much you craft, you may ideally want a variety of artisans for various situations.

An epic artisan might be appropriate for having the highest chance to get a high-quality result on a finished piece of equipment with expensive materials, but may not be suited for mass producing cheap materials.

Old people-assets give, in “Asset Exchange Credit”:

White: 1
    Green: 2,000
    Blue: 8,000
    Purple: 20,000

So that means green and blue people-assets are better to have than purple ones. Is that intended? It seems like purple assets should be worth 32,000 in this scheme.

Meanwhile, asset-tools give, in “Asset Exchange Credit”:

White/Worn: 1
    Green/Iron: 100
    Blue/Steel: 500
    Purple/Mithral: 5,000

I like this scheme a lot better, except that a purple tool is worth much less than a purple person, even though, in the old system, they came interchangeably from the same professions packs. Maybe the probabilities were different behind the scenes, but the possibility of a (e.g.) purple “asset” drop was always stated independent of whether the asset was a person or a tool.

So it seems like they should have the same values.

Either way, and perhaps much more importantly: With the numbers above, a “Professions Artisan Recruitment” voucher is 200,000 Asset Exchange Credits, for a *chance* at a common/rare/epic artisan.

So that means armies of old-system epic assets will mostly turn into white/common artisans, unless the chance of an “epic” drop is much, much higher than it typically is in your packs.

It will take 10 purple-people or 40 purple tools to get a *chance* at a non-common new-system artisan, but mostly that cost will get you white/common artisans.

With the exception of Alchemy, I have exactly 1 purple-person per profession, and 3 purple-tools per profession – Forgehammer makes the 4th – plus the MW II tools. So this scheme leaves me screwed in terms of getting back to “ground zero” in the new system.

It would be much preferable if the asset exchange involved *no RNG*, but instead allowed an exchange of 4 purple-people-assets for one purple artisan. Or, if you want to say that the new artisans are more valuable than the 4 people and/or 4 tools that you might put on an old-system task, then make it 5:1 or 6:1 – certainly not 10:1 or 40:1, and not for just “a chance.”

But also – from what I outlined in another post, it doesn’t seem that the new artisans and tools are more valuable than the old-system combinations. Even when they’re BiS, they lead to a lower chance of success.

Thank you for the report about the purple artisan exchange rate, we'll look into this. In regards to the discrepancy between tools and artisans, they were not identical in their chance in packs, but in reality the difference in their prices is based more around their current auction house value than their original drop rates.

In regards to the artisan recruitment purchase—artisans in the new system are wildly different than artisans in the old system. The difference between an epic and common artisan is not nearly as steep, with the rarity representing maximum potential, but not distribution. You can easily find common artisans with a higher stat in one area than an epic artisan.

Additionally, artisans now have levels, something that the old system did not, and artisan recruitment grants an artisan at your current level. We do offer additional free artisans to those who have unlocked any extra slots in the existing professions system. That includes guaranteed rare and epic artisans for those with higher slots unlocked.

Artisan recruitment at the exchange is already a significant discount from the zen market purchase, and in terms of the number of artisans you need, it has gone down significantly. If we were to offer gua With general applications, you should receive plenty of artisans as you continue to play.