Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
Okay, this should be fixed this time, but characters who existed in prior builds might still be broken. Please let us know if characters copied from the live servers are still broken.
There has also been a crash reported when opening the Professions UI with certain characters, so if you get this crash more than once, try a different character, and mention on the forum which character(s) you copied from the live game who ran into it.HighlightsProfessions Fixes / Changes
Artisans and Adventurers
- Artisans granted by the Zen Market and asset exchange recruitment items now always apply at the level of that profession on your character.
- Artisans who apply through standard means now have variable levels depending on their rarity (but never exceed the level of that profession on your character.)
- Explorer's Chart: Skyhold may now yield Ebony Logs.
- Explorer's Charts now have a chance to yield high-quality materials
- Masterwork quests labeled with "(Weaponsmithing)" have been changed to "(Blacksmithing)."
- Masterwork quests labeled with "(Mailsmithing)" or "(Platesmithing)" have been changed to "(Armorsmithing)."
- As mailsmithing and platesmithing have been merged into armorsmithing, mailsmithing masterwork quests can no longer be obtained unless the player had previously increased their mailsmithing level to 25 in the old system.
- Mailsmithing quests can still be completed in this case, however, the recipe books provided will unlock the same recipes as those provided by the old platesmithing quests which are now available as the default armorsmithing quests.
- Any future armorsmithing quests will look for progress in either mailsmithing quests or armorsmithing quests to unlock, so feel free to complete the mailsmithing series if you are currently part way through.
- The items required by the following quests have been adjusted as the previously required materials are now deprecated:
- My Chemical Guidance (Alchemy)
- The Artifact of the Matter (Artificing)
- Lathe Man Standing (Armorsmithing)
- Hammer Time (Armorsmithing)
- Forge Away (Blacksmithing)
- The Daily Grind (Jewelcrafting)
- Making the Round (Leatherworking)
- As the Wheel Turns (Tailoring)
- Black Ice Shaping achievements are no longer visible by default.
- Lessons Learned: The quest path now properly leads to the desk at the appropriate steps.
- Resolved an issue wherein players could become stuck on the quest state "Take Your Item From the Delivery Box" if their gathering level was 70 before they begain the professions tutorial. (To resolve this issue, please copy a fresh character.)
- The old professions tutorial is no longer available.
- Various quest pathing issues have been addressed.
Profession Rewards and Items
- Certain leatherworking tools are no longer mislabeled as armorsmithing tools.
- Lockboxes now give the new legendary tools instead of the older deprecated ones.
- New crafted rings, waists, and neckwear have had their stats and icons adjusted.
- Tools now require a particular Profession level rather than character level to use.
- Wonders of Gond: This event no longer incorrectly gives old versions of profession packs.
Profession System Conversion
- It is now possible to purchase artisan recruitment from the asset exchange.
- It is now possible to redeem legacy profession slot unlocks for artisans of guaranteed ranks.
- Rarity of artisan varies by the associated legacy slot.
- Some asset exchange values have been adjusted.
- The option to view the exchange window no longer appears when the player has no old items, or exchange currency left to spend.
- Various old resources from Leadership can now properly be exchanged.
- Alchemy phial recipes now consistently give the appropriate number of phials (usually a dozen).
- Farhide Sallet now requires an Aberrant Sinew in addition to its other materials.
- Farskin Vest now properly shows up in the Lv. 51-60 category.
- Linen now properly requires Linen Yarn instead of Cotton Yarn.
- Rock Salt can now be gathered.
- Sands other than iron no longer incorrectly mention iron in their tooltips.
- Shimmerweave Halfrobe now properly requires 2 Shimmerweave Cloth and 1 Shimmerweave Thread, rather than 3 Shimmerweave Thread.
- Titansteel Nails: This recipe now grants 6 nails, up from 1.
- There are no longer grimoire and sword knot recipes that incorrectly require aqua fortis.
- Various event recipes and old recipes no longer incorrectly show up when searching.
- The VIP travel signpost now allows direct travel to the workshop.
Release NotesContent and Environment
- A fly-by notification now appears when increasing a Profession's level.
- At the Master's Desk, the Artisan count now updates after dismissing an Artisan.
- Categories in the counter are now sorted alphabetically by name.
- Crafting / profession levels are now called levels, rather than ranks.
- Feedback has been improved if item creation has failed.
- Slotted items will now be remembered in certain cases.
- Time displays have been improved in various spots.
- Tooltips have been added to guide the player when out of Normal materials for a recipe.
- Feather Fall works again.
- Introductory quest rewards no longer count toward the campaign weekly haul.
- LOTS of various issues, including party quest credit issues, have been addressed in a variety of new quests.
- Basically, most of the quests have had flow and timing improvements. Check 'em out. Or don't, I'm just a patch note.
- The Heart of Fire is now given as a reward the first time the player completes the quest, Temple Intrusion.
Combat and Powers
- The Dungeon Keys intro quest and daily quests should no longer appear.
- Valindra's Tower: One of the rooms with illusionary walls has had its illusionary walls removed.
Classes and Balance
- Control Wizard
- Assailant now clearly states its damage cannot be resisted and cannot crit.
- Assailing Force now properly fires 15% of the time; this should be a buff.
- Abyss of Chaos now clearly states its damage cannot be resisted and cannot crit.
- Elemental Empowerment should now proc only once per cast of most powers.
- Controlled Momentum no longer incorrectly stacks when multiple nearby Wizards have this feat.
- Controlling Action: This feat now works as expected.
- Hunter Ranger
- Predator should now have a clearer tooltip.
- Stormstep no longer incorrectly increases cooldowns of Encounter powers.
- Stormstep now properly benefits from ranks of Forest Meditation.
- Trickster Rogue
- All damage has been increased by 5%.
- Impossible to Catch no longer goes on cooldown without the effect if used immediately after a dodge roll.
- The Stalwart Lion's collision is now smaller.
Items and Economy
- Gallant gear: The power on the arm slot item now properly applies to distant targets.
- Cradle of the Death God's legendary dragon key chest no longer incorrectly gives the end chest's level of Rough Astral Diamonds.
- Illusionist's Gambit now awards Rough Astral Diamonds when completed at Gold rank.
- Prophecy of Madness' chest can now be rerolled.
- Rough Astral Diamonds are now consistently given in appropriate dungeon chests.
- Rough Astral Diamonds pack prices have been adjusted (usually raised) in Campaign stores.
- The items given from Darkmagic's Bag of Mysterious Leftovers can no longer be used in PvP.
- Various icons and tooltips have now been hooked up.
Art, Animation, Effects, and Audio
- The Hardcore and Item Level checkboxes are no longer selectable while waiting for a queue to pop.
- The Hardcore and Item Level checkboxes now show even while solo queuing.
- More audio! Lots more audio! So much sound emanating from every quest.
- Lions have tails again.
- Various items have had clipping issues addressed.