test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

18910111214»

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

tgwolf said:

So will our Epic Dungeon Chest Keys we have be turned into reroll tokens on the change? Because I have a lot. I mean a LOT of them from VIP and if even a fraction of them were to become useless.. well.

That would be.. displeasing.

Yes it is.

Please tell me they're account bound rather than character.
    They got "Character Bound" after the last patch.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

tgwolf said:

So will our Epic Dungeon Chest Keys we have be turned into reroll tokens on the change? Because I have a lot. I mean a LOT of them from VIP and if even a fraction of them were to become useless.. well.

That would be.. displeasing.

Yes it is.

Please tell me they're account bound rather than character.
    Just like the epic keys they come from and replace, they're character-bound.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    nvm
  • bloodshotbeastbloodshotbeast Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    They've said "we're not encouraging you to play multiple classes." Then make stuff like keys/reroll tokens account bound.
  • outlawgentoutlawgent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    does any of this effect the Daily VIP lockbox key for the Leg Mount chance?

(*sorry for the Newb forum question, please be gentle - I dont forum much)

Anyone?
    Post edited by outlawgent on
    [๖̶̶̶ۣۣۜۜ͜ζ͜͡Outlaw ™]
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User

Has anybody a complete list of AD gained through activities?

Actually on preview (solo), i got :
    500RAD for master of hunt
    1500RAD for dread legion

In the end, it would be nice to have a complete view on it :)

Are they honestly expecting people to do 80+ dungeon runs to hit the 100k cap?
    This is ridiculous.

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ilithyn said:

mushellka said:

1500RAD for dread legion

This is ridiculous.

You still get random Queue AD, and dungeons chests (Up to 6K, I think) give more that the skirmishes you quoted, even dread ring can give up to 6K more than that since it has a chest. So, its nowhere near the 80 you inferred. It appears that it may well fall in the 10 to 15 range with RQ, if you don't do other things (Heroics, weeklies etc) that also award rAD.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

1500RAD for dread legion

This is ridiculous.

they're expecting you to run 33 manycoins

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    @seveninchblade is right: They're trying to reduce the amount of AD most players are earning. I think people went from farming RQ for AD to farming epics for salvage (those who weren't already running epics for salvage much of the time, anyway). I also think they were surprised by how easily those people were able to hit the 100k per day cap.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Bonus chest in MotH uses Mystic Dragon key and rewards based on ELOL (or Shores can't remember) I assume this will be changed?

Using all available rerolls on the bonus chest yielded something in the range of 2 to 5k RAD.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

@seveninchblade is right: They're trying to reduce the amount of AD most players are earning. I think people went from farming RQ for AD to farming epics for salvage (those who weren't already running epics for salvage much of the time, anyway). I also think they were surprised by how easily those people were able to hit the 100k per day cap.

I don't think that is the case with them being surprised. if they looked at the people who were making lots of AD before the cap they could look at how many were generating AD. salvage was a huge part of that. people were shipping off the salvage to those alts that they didn't run through RQ. So the numbers would tell that that it was quite easy.

They also gave drops out like it was darn near halloween in Barovia just doing the normal content not too mention hunts and cards. And the multiple drops in the harder dungeons.

I think they have planned the AD changes in stages. If they would have done the 100k account cap and removed salvage at the same time can you imagine how that would have gone over.

• brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User

1500RAD for dread legion

This is ridiculous.

Hey, actually, most of the dungeons let you win around 2000-6000 RAD per successful run. That's it. So, let's prepare yourself for doing queues ;)
    empalas said:

I don't think that is the case with them being surprised. if they looked at the people who were making lots of AD before the cap they could look at how many were generating AD. salvage was a huge part of that. people were shipping off the salvage to those alts that they didn't run through RQ. So the numbers would tell that that it was quite easy.

They also gave drops out like it was darn near halloween in Barovia just doing the normal content not too mention hunts and cards. And the multiple drops in the harder dungeons.

I think they have planned the AD changes in stages. If they would have done the 100k account cap and removed salvage at the same time can you imagine how that would have gone over.

That could be. I was thinking that the devs might be surprised by the number of people who were not hitting 100k per day prior to the cap change and then started hitting 100k per day after. I think the cap change and the change to RQ changed people's behaviour.

They almost certainly have planned these changes in stages. I can't imagine that they did not. It would explain why there was seemingly no reaction from them to the multiple people stating on the forums that the cap change and change to RQ weren't going to have a marked effect on the AD economy.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It doesn't help that AD prices in various places, both company set and player option, pretty much demand high AD income in order to advance in any reasonable time frame.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

It doesn't help that AD prices in various places, both company set and player option, pretty much demand high AD income in order to advance in any reasonable time frame.

So true! My wife had 8.5m AD going into the WB sale this past weekend. She spent about 4.5m of that just on umops, smops, and a few gmops. All but 500k of the rest was spent on UES, even with waiting for prices to come down a bit from 190k per. She still needs 9 more UES (and she'll need more later for her bondings, armor enhancement, at least one QM enchant, and 4 other utility slots), as well as the coal wards to go with those.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    3 Bondings are all I have at max. Other stuff at r13. Just can't afford all the reagents right now.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Now you need two coal wards to make a R14 (unless you the gambling type who don't mind the occasional 150+ pres wards to make R13). For the older players, it's actually two more coal wards because they already used a coal ward to get R12. On top of that, you also need three UMOPs and three UES. Pretty hard for new players can get even one R14 from just grinding.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Now you need two coal wards to make a R14 (unless you the gambling type who don't mind the occasional 150+ pres wards to make R13). For the older players, it's actually two more coal wards because they already used a coal ward to get R12. On top of that, you also need three UMOPs and three UES. Pretty hard for new players can get even one R14 from just grinding.

Keep in mind new players don't need R14 anything. I get that they may want it and if they're not interested in the grind then they can buy it.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    NA.........................................
    Post edited by huskerklg on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    for sure most rewarded wise queues will be CN for orcus wand, TONG/CODG for ues, CR for prominence/eclipse
  • vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

The mass-convert RP dialog loses enchantments without any warning.

Someone’s going to convert away a bunch of Rank 14 enchants this way. It’s as much a problem as that dialog originally was, when it automatically selected then converted away things like the Cloak of the Protector (a-hrm).

I believe that's the purpose of the "Protect item" option.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    empalas said:

Barovia was new content, I figure they had to offer something to entice people to play in that area... the armor and weapons the passed out there certainly didn't do it.

But ultimately I think I have to agree with @seveninchblade , I believe behind most of these changes is the attempt to decrease the amount of AD's held by players.

Of course I'm still of the opinion that if the game offered more items for AD's that people actually wanted to buy that would be a much better and less punitive appearing alternative...

Something like for a limited time purchase the "Completed Elemental Evil campaign token with AD's", For a limited time purchase additional personal or shared bank storage space with AD's (even with currently maxed out space)". Just take something from the Zen or trade bar market offer it for a limited time, for a comparable AD price (bound of course), something of that nature.

But that's just my opinion.

DD~
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2018

The mass-convert RP dialog loses enchantments without any warning.

Someone’s going to convert away a bunch of Rank 14 enchants this way. It’s as much a problem as that dialog originally was, when it automatically selected then converted away things like the Cloak of the Protector (a-hrm).

When one clicks on the "convert all" option in their inventory, all items appear in a secondary screen prior to actually being converted. If one takes the time to actually look at those items before pressing the "convert all" button again, individual items can be removed prior to conversion. There is also a "mark as protected" option available... failure to use the "mark as protected" or review the items before pressing "convert all" a second time is player error - not a failing of the game.

I believe this issue was discussed extensively when the inventory "convert all" option was first introduced because there was no "protect" option at that time... and as it turned out, even those players who accidentally converted something they didn't intend to convert before the changes became much more cautious about just clicking buttons without reading or knowing what it was they were doing.

But really I don't see this as a huge issue... anyone who has a "bunch of rank 14 enchantments", probably aren't new or inexperienced players anyway and probably know better by now.
    DD~