test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD Sink, removing enchantments with AD or gold

nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
Seeing as the supply of gold will be quite diminished in mod15, make it so that removing enchantments costs gold OR astral diamonds, player's choice.

/discuss

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Or just remove all costs to remove enchantments... It's kind of silly that we need to pay anything to switch around enchantments.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    AD sink suggestion: the Wishing Well.

Essentially, Wishing Wells could randomly spawn for a limited time throughout Neverwinter maps whose color could reflect rarity (green, blue, purple, orange). The players who find a Wishing Well can drop an Astral Diamond in to trigger a chance of a random item (based on the Wishing Well color) to appear in the inventory ranging from a companion, mount, weapon/armor enchantment, refining stone or an Astral Diamond Jackpot.

The more players who participate in dropping Astral Diamonds into the Wishing Well increase the chance of an exclusive Mythic Quality item to be dropped including a unique Mythic-quality artifact, companion, mount, or enchantment.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Remove all cost! there's no other way (that's the point of dupe threads?)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1243153/remove-the-gold-cost-for-removing-enchants
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

AD sink suggestion: the Wishing Well.

Essentially, Wishing Wells could randomly spawn for a limited time throughout Neverwinter maps whose color could reflect rarity (green, blue, purple, orange). The players who find a Wishing Well can drop an Astral Diamond in to trigger a chance of a random item (based on the Wishing Well color) to appear in the inventory ranging from a companion, mount, weapon/armor enchantment, refining stone or an Astral Diamond Jackpot.

The more players who participate in dropping Astral Diamonds into the Wishing Well increase the chance of an exclusive Mythic Quality item to be dropped including a unique Mythic-quality artifact, companion, mount, or enchantment.

You must have a lot of AD to think that something like this is a good idea. I can't imagine ever having that many AD where I would be willing to flush them away in this manner. Maybe this would be a good way to relieve whales like you of your AD and strengthen the economy. I find that hard to believe, though.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Isn't there something similar to wishing wells already in the game? I think they go by a different name. Lock...boxes? I mean, to read some of the people's comments about LBs you would think they got nothing out of them most of the time anyway.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    for ad sink they need to release new classes, because players are hoarding ad, they hoard because changes to their main class char are minimal each module, releasing new classes will make them spend ad on new stuff for those classes.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

for ad sink they need to release new classes, because players are hoarding ad, they hoard because changes to their main class char are minimal each module, releasing new classes will make them spend ad on new stuff for those classes.

So, it gives incentive for player to spend their AD.
    1. When they spend their AD for the new character, the AD is not necessary sunk. If they buy stuff from AH, 90% is transferred to another player and only 10% is sunk.
    2. It means the demand of certain commodity will be raised. That means inflation. Everyone wants another legendary mount, another set of enchantment, companion, ......
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

I don't think there are as many players hoarding AD as you think there are. I don't know anyone in my alliance that is hoarding AD. They're all spending it to improve their characters, whether that be on enchantments, companions, mounts/insignias, or whatever. Some who sometimes feel they have more AD than needed to improve their characters are spending it to help their guilds, but this is not very many people in my alliance.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    In my opinion, if someone is hoarding a large amount of AD and never uses it (including not to do Zax), it is just a big private AD sink with no effect to the economy (until the one decides to use it).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

In my opinion, if someone is hoarding a large amount of AD and never uses it (including not to do Zax), it is just a big private AD sink with no effect to the economy (until the one decides to use it).

Exactly :)