test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove the gold cost for removing enchants

2»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Removing cost completely would mean no need for confirmations. Right now you have to confirm to slot and to remove. That's a significant QoL improvement. But being able to move enchantments around freely might also reduce a bit of demand on buying or refining additional enchantments.

I don't think it would. it's still a significant PIA to do. If someone needs another class NOW they're not going to wait for you to strip one toon and outfit another. and it takes time to do it. even just switching out rings that you can transfer between toons is more of a pia than I like to do (And still takes too much time to jump on a lfg post) the only thing that's going to be affected is the gold loss ppl have from it. those that do it will continue to do it and those that didn't won't because the pia factor is way too large. most can't afford to have high level enchants on more than one toon. this won't change that. gold isn't that expensive. it's just a pia too.

(this is coming from someone who has a 17 k do and an separate 17k ac set up with full enchants that don't need to be moved around anymore because pia (not gold but that is pia too) and a 17.4k hr who also has independant enchants. and I have probably enough to equip another toon on top of that. ( I hoard enchants because i hate havign to scramble when I get new gear that requires redistribution lol) biut that happens all the time. I'm constantly redistributing enchants between toons and on same toon. with all the new gear out there and needing different gear for different things.. I'm still constantly removing and adding..
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I don't think it would. it's still a significant PIA to do. If someone needs another class NOW they're not going to wait for you to strip one toon and outfit another. and it takes time to do it. even just switching out rings that you can transfer between toons is more of a pia than I like to do (And still takes too much time to jump on a lfg post) the only thing that's going to be affected is the gold loss ppl have from it. those that do it will continue to do it and those that didn't won't because the pia factor is way too large. most can't afford to have high level enchants on more than one toon. this won't change that. gold isn't that expensive. it's just a pia too.

I didn't say it wasn't still PIA to do. It still is, but this is only a binary situation when talking about a single person. The point is, it will be less of a PIA and free of monetary cost, so at least people who are on the fence about this could now be tipped towards the other side. I gave an example that applies to me: right now, I prefer to buy/make enchants to populate situational BiS gear to swap in for specific situations (on same character). If gold and confirmations were removed, I wouldn't need to. As a matter of fact, we would expect devs to make enchants part of loadouts.

I know people who do swap at least some important enchants to alts when group needs a specific class. Over time, this PIA and cost forces them to just buy extra enchants.

I'm guessing people don't like this argument simply because they want to see this happen and maybe my concerns are unfounded because the impact will be low.

• aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User

But being able to move enchantments around freely might also reduce a bit of demand on buying or refining additional enchantments.

It would actually make a lot of people more interested into playing, working on and gearing up their alts. I have Rank 9 bondings on alts, enough to farm maps in Omu or doing weeklies in Barovia. It I could switch enchants without paying 30 gold every day I'd suddenly have to consider gearing them up. Right now it would mean using around 1 - 10k gold per month depending on how many alts you got. It's a gold sink in a way, yeah, but one most people don't even consider doing and since we get proper gold sink with professions it's also not needed for the gold economy in any way or form.

I didn't say it wasn't still PIA to do. It still is, but this is only a binary situation when talking about a single person. The point is, it will be less of a PIA and free of monetary cost, so at least people who are on the fence about this could now be tipped towards the other side. I gave an example that applies to me: right now, I prefer to buy/make enchants to populate situational BiS gear that I can easily swap in for specific situations (on same character). If gold and confirmations were removed, I wouldn't need to. As a matter of fact, we would expect devs to make enchants part of loadouts.

I know people who do swap at least some important enchants to alts when group needs a specific class. Over time, this PIA and cost forces them to just buy extra enchants.

I'm guessing people don't like this argument simply because they want to see this happen and maybe my concerns are unfounded because the impact will be low.

Loadouts can't do this far as I know, see mount insignias or companion bonding stones. So you would still have to swap enchants manually all the time, encouraging you to have multiple enchants.

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

It would actually make a lot of people more interested into playing, working on and gearing up their alts.

That's a good point. People wouldn't want to move all enchants back and forth between alts, so getting more people interested in playing and gearing up extra alts will add demand for buying / refining enchants.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Bad idea, could lead to the old way of charging THOUSANDS OF AD for removing Runes/Enchants/Enhancements.

You kidding, right? Have you ever switched between alts? Are you so rich and have all the twinks equipped with R12s+ enchants?

Everyday:
    3,5+2,5g fee - just to remove Weapon&Armor ench. (and you need to do it twice = 12g). 3g - Bondings (6g total). Rings BtA - no problem here.

Sometimes:
    Main-hand - 7g (x2) Offhand - 7g (x2) Armor - 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2) Shirt - 2,5g (x2) Pants - 2,5g (x2)

Utility:
    Helm = 2,5g (x2) Arm = 2,5g (x2) Boots = 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2)

Did I miss something?

Don't jump to conclusions. Each of my Main and alts don't usually switch enchants and only my main has the best enchants.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    pando83 said:

Agree. No need for that gold sink anymore and it would help people with alts. Remove or make it very low. Like 25 copper each enchant or runestone.

Yeah, reducing the price would help a lot.

Bad idea, could lead to the old way of charging THOUSANDS OF AD for removing Runes/Enchants/Enhancements.

You kidding, right? Have you ever switched between alts? Are you so rich and have all the twinks equipped with R12s+ enchants?

Everyday:
    3,5+2,5g fee - just to remove Weapon&Armor ench. (and you need to do it twice = 12g). 3g - Bondings (6g total). Rings BtA - no problem here.

Sometimes:
    Main-hand - 7g (x2) Offhand - 7g (x2) Armor - 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2) Shirt - 2,5g (x2) Pants - 2,5g (x2)

Utility:
    Helm = 2,5g (x2) Arm = 2,5g (x2) Boots = 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2)

Did I miss something?

Don't jump to conclusions. Each of my Main and alts don't usually switch enchants and only my main has the best enchants.
    Yes this is good point, but there is always a "but" in this "perfect" world.

What about having multiple builds? Across only 1 character, multiple characters?

To get the best output, I need to use the best enchants, no?
    Leading up to your logic, I need to buy 4 extra Radiants for my DPS (to use them in defense slots to maintain AoC).
    I also need an extra set of Radiants just to build DC/AC, etc.

Having the gold cost for removing enchants is "retro/legacy/outdated AF" design, that's all.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I would add, remove BtC status from gear and accessories. Make everything BtA (rings, companion gear, even artifacts.
    Would, again, make it a lot easier to play alts actively.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    undress us to undress gold :)
    edited October 2018
    That'd be good if at least VIPs could get access to this "feature".
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Rolling Quartermaster's on alts.

Get the green color gear with utility slots and use it when opening bags.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited November 2018
    Guys wake up! Goldocalypse is here.

Tell me, please, how can I swap enchants now, where can I get some gold?
    No one else sells potions for 3000 AD anymore..
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪