test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove the gold cost for removing enchants

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited October 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Remove the gold cost for removing enchantments & runestones.

Make them like insignias.

There's absolutely no point in having that sink since you moved it to professions.

Having the gold cost for "unslotting" enchants limits your moves and does not let you enjoy playing for multiple alts.
If we mention gameplay only for 1 character the sink is still here:
Having gold cost for removing overload enchantments limits your ability to draw maximum potential of overloads in different areas/parts of the map.

Also dismissing gold cost would let players equip their twinks with high level enchantments, and it'd likewise make queue(IL restriction) more accessible thus increasing the queue population overall.

It will be extremely good QoL. Remove it.
Per enchant:
1,0g to remove runestone from companion.
3,5g from legendary piece.
2.5g from epic piece (removing overload ench costs the same price).
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪
Post edited by someonedies on

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    +1 yes do this please
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Agreed.
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    +1
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I agree
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    This would be great but I think their point is to make gold wanted and rare in the future as they are making it more difficult to collect. I was getting about 8 gold per 1 hour of farming on preview but I was also selling RP items to do it. I was getting about 2 gold per hour when farming for an hour doing dailies/quests but not selling my RP. When you run out of gold in the future I see people having to spend AD or Guild Marks to get gold. Doing all of my professions tasks for the day was costing me between 2-3 gold per character per day. This looks like their way to push people into running the other parts of the game. We might get to the point where people are farming for gold just to be able to change their enchantments or to do professions. This might push a lot of people out of professions all together. I fully expect profession costs to go up due to people having to either buy with AD/GM more gold as it looks to be something that will be needed in the economy now.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    LOVE this idea!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
    Stockpile GOLD now!!!!
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I'm 100% with this idea. But knowing how things work recently... I'm affraid they will add gold costs for removing insignia instead :no_mouth:

I'm 100% with this idea. But knowing how things work recently... I'm affraid they will add gold costs for removing insignia instead :no_mouth:

Indeed.

Sobering reality bites back.
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    +1
  • pxerspxers Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I remember it once was 100k AD to remove them. A long time ago. ;-)
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ^ yes it was but u also could sell ur p.vorpal for ~ 22 mio AD
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    +1. Absolutely! Gold will be hard enough to hold onto after Mod 15 drops without this continuous overhead. At a minimum, change it to from gold to RP.

+1. Absolutely! Gold will be hard enough to hold onto after Mod 15 drops without this continuous overhead. At a minimum, change it to from gold to RP.

That suggestion does not make any sense, thematically. Why would refinement points be the currency used to remove enchantments? Also, using refinement points will hurt any player still trying to refine things on their character(s). The cost to remove enchantments should just be removed, making the action free to perform.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Indeed.

Sobering reality bites back.
    :lol:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    how about the option to remove enchantments for free.... BUT it will destroy the item instead refining it automatically (still requires you to be at an anvil to do).

this way you only pay if you want to KEEP the item. people can then upgrade gear, keep their enchantments without paying extra, and get the refining materials from the old item.

if your upgrading enchantments you either pay or destroy the old enchantments.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Bad idea, could lead to the old way of charging THOUSANDS OF AD for removing Runes/Enchants/Enhancements.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Gold I can deal with, or maybe it's Trade Bars (200 for a rank 2 - 1400 for a Rank 14).
    edited October 2018

Bad idea, could lead to the old way of charging THOUSANDS OF AD for removing Runes/Enchants/Enhancements.

You kidding, right? Have you ever switched between alts? Are you so rich and have all the twinks equipped with R12s+ enchants?

Everyday:
    3,5+2,5g fee - just to remove Weapon&Armor ench. (and you need to do it twice = 12g). 3g - Bondings (6g total). Rings BtA - no problem here.

Sometimes:
    Main-hand - 7g (x2) Offhand - 7g (x2) Armor - 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2) Shirt - 2,5g (x2) Pants - 2,5g (x2)

Utility:
    Helm = 2,5g (x2) Arm = 2,5g (x2) Boots = 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2)

Did I miss something?

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

Gold I can deal with, or maybe it's Trade Bars (200 for a rank 2 - 1400 for a Rank 14).

Tbars is unobtainable currency.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2018

You kidding, right? Have you ever switched between alts? Are you so rich and have all the twinks equipped with R12s+ enchants?

Everyday:
    3,5+2,5g fee - just to remove Weapon&Armor ench. (and you need to do it twice = 12g). 3g - Bondings (6g total). Rings BtA - no problem here.

Sometimes:
    Main-hand - 7g (x2) Offhand - 7g (x2) Armor - 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2) Shirt - 2,5g (x2) Pants - 2,5g (x2)

Utility:
    Helm = 2,5g (x2) Arm = 2,5g (x2) Boots = 2,5g (x2) Neck - 3,5g (x2) Belt - 3,5g (x2)

Did I miss something?

I guess that is the reason they put a fee to remove it. No wonder I could sell gold for AD.
    I personally don't switch enchantment among mains regularly (I only play mains and do not play 'alt').
    If they don't have the 'best', they can wait until they have.
    Even if there is no fee, it is impractical for me to move enchantment around everyday and I play 6 mains everyday.
    That is even more work than invocation and setting up professions.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Agree. No need for that gold sink anymore and it would help people with alts. Remove or make it very low. Like 25 copper each enchant or runestone.

Everyday:

Sometimes:

Utility:

Did I miss something?

I guess that is the reason they put a fee to remove it. No wonder I could sell gold for AD.
    I personally don't switch enchantment among mains regularly (I only play mains and do not play 'alt').
    Even if there is no fee, it is impractical for me to move enchantment around everyday and I play 6 mains everyday.
    I'm not talking about pray alts.
    I'm pretty sure all yours twinks - 16k+ and you have no problem with RAQ or even REQ.
    But we're not all so rich that we can afford several (same) U.enchants or 2nd/3rd set of exactly the same enchants.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪

I don't switch enchantments between characters, either. Not even to open QM bags. If the character with the bags doesn't have their own sufficiently leveled QM enchants, then their bags sit in their inventory until I get around to leveling QM enchants for them. The same is true for other enchantments: they live with what they have until I can get them better ones.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Everyday:

Sometimes:

Utility:

Did I miss something?

I'm not talking about pray alts.
    I'm pretty sure all yours twinks - 16k+ and you have no problem with RAQ or even REQ.
    But we're not all so rich that we can afford several (same) U.enchants or 2nd/3rd set of exactly the same enchants.
    Well, I don't have any 16K and I have refused to do RQ. Since the introduction of RQ, I did less than 20 RQ (mainly with private party). Yes, I can make them 16K but I have no urge to do so.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    Removing cost completely would mean no need for confirmations. Right now you have to confirm to slot and to remove. That's a significant QoL improvement. But being able to move enchantments around freely might also reduce a bit of demand on buying or refining additional enchantments.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    If you do what I do and if you have alts equip them separately rather than shifting one set of enchants about, you pay very little doing this. If you're spending a vast amount on shifting enchants, maybe you're doing something that wasn't really intended.
    edited October 2018

Removing cost completely would mean no need for confirmations. Right now you have to confirm to slot and to remove. That's a significant QoL improvement. But being able to move enchantments around freely might also reduce a bit of demand on buying or refining additional enchantments.

I don't think it'll affect demand one iota. Here's my reasoning:

People who are already paying the gold cost to do these swaps will continue to do these swaps. Most people who are not engaging in these swaps will continue to eschew them because it's too much work to keep track of which enchantments are on which characters. There will be a minor few who will decide that it's suddenly worth swapping enchantments around simply because it's free. These people seem to be a small minority.

Personally, I don't swap enchantments around for two reasons, in order of importance:
    1. I'm too lazy to spend the time moving them around and back again.
    2. I'm too cheap to spend the gold moving them around and back again.

Even if you remove #2, my #1 reason will still remain. There is nothing that #2 can do about #1. I am a lazy person. This has been true for almost 47 years and it will remain true for whatever time is left to me in this life.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I don't think it'll affect demand one iota.

One common mistake is to assume one's own experience and preferences are shared universally.

I did say "might" and "a bit", but the reality is, for supply and demand, when a barrier is reduced, there is an affect on the balance of that pendulum. The question isn't "if", but how much. Maybe it will be so small that it wouldn't even be noticed. It's simply something that must be considered. Having said that, I personally would like this change. I'd like to be able to swap in Barovia chest or undead ring without having to pay and confirm enchant swaps. Also for switching between roles (support <-> DPS). Right now, I'd rather buy extra R13s or R14s to avoid that and can always sell them later (albeit at a loss).
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2018

why? why does there need to be any kind of cost associated wiht moving enchants around? I do it regularly not just between alts but just to change gear around to maximize stats. it's a pointless sink imo. it's stupid having to buy stuff off ah to sell for gold. imo if they really feel we need to pay for it they just need to lessen the cost in gold A LOT. make it silvers to switch