test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Merchant Prince Folly suggestion

namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
If the t-rex appears, the run should not end until the t-rex is dead. Someone should pull the t-rex away because the others will have an easier time getting the engineer to the end. But quite often, this someone is then screwed because everyone else takes their reward and leaves the skirmish and the tank is left to fend for himself.

Right now, the only fair option is not to pull the t-rex away and force the group to deal with it along with the other mobs. The low-dps groups suffer.

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

If the t-rex appears, the run should not end until the t-rex is dead. Someone should pull the t-rex away because the others will have an easier time getting the engineer to the end. But quite often, this someone is then screwed because everyone else takes their reward and leaves the skirmish and the tank is left to fend for himself.

Right now, the only fair option is not to pull the t-rex away and force the group to deal with it along with the other mobs. The low-dps groups suffer.

Either that or have the T-rex despawn once the skirmish is completed. Alternately if we aim for a bit of realism have the guards at the barricades come up and kill it. But I'll take a despawn at completion.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    If I'm the tank I usually run for the barricades after winning. The T-Rex will either a) jump the barricades chasing me and get stuck down in the plaza there, or b) the remaining guards engage with the T-Rex. Either way while the T-Rex is distracted I can then usually run back to the portal out and leave.

Of if you have a high enough VIP level just let him kill you and leave from inside the fort when you re-spawn.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It would be nice if it dropped fangs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I've seen a few tanks sacrifice theirselves by luring the T-Rex away, but it prevents them from accessing the lootbox if everyone else leaves. Personally, I wish they'd just do away with the T-Rex, or add enough time to allow for killing it by the average PUG.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I had to do that once, unfortunately I wasn't a tank at the time, I was a DC. But I did get the t-rex away until they got the engineer there, as that is where the T-rex spawned, at the finish point. But I was able to kite the t-rex away, so it was all good.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I used to pull the T-Rex away when on a tank. After having group after group leave me to fend for myself once they received their loot I stopped pulling it.

You can kill the rex if you want your loot.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    You can get loot from one of two boxes usually so I just avoid the T-Rex to get it?

And of the MPF lets you go out of the non-trex direction no need to kill it :)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

I've seen a few tanks sacrifice theirselves by luring the T-Rex away, but it prevents them from accessing the lootbox if everyone else leaves. Personally, I wish they'd just do away with the T-Rex, or add enough time to allow for killing it by the average PUG.

Gonna give a tip for kiting the T-Rex but not sacrificing your loot. I've only done this on a OP so no idea if it would work on another tank class, but the method is as follows.

1) Grab the T-Rex's aggro without damaging it, i.e. use a taunt ability. If you must, do as little damage as possible.
    2) Take the critter for a walk down the path that isn't used for the Engineer.
    3) Now lure the critter up to the barricades.
    4) Do this without doing too much damage to it, preferably none.
    5) Now with a bit of skill you can get the guards at the barricades to get the aggro instead of you as they will attack it as you kite it down there.
    5b) You may have to run a lap or two over the barricades, down into the outer court yard, up another barricade and back again, before the guards get proper aggro.
    6) Now the guards should have and hold aggro instead of you and if your team is even mildly competent they should have completed or be close to completing the skirmish and you can hoof off to the gate and get your loot while the guards tangle with the T-Rex.

As I said I've only ever done this on my OP, the only tank I have, so no idea about the viability for other tanks. But I leave it here for your consideration. It can take a couple of tries before you get the hang of it, but once you know how it's pretty much fool proof to do.

Still, I'd much rather the bugger just despawned at the skirmish's conclusion.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

Despawn would be great. But seeing how the hounds in Biggrin's Tomb still doesn't despawn consistently when Biggrin goes down, I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

ilithyn said:

Despawn would be great. But seeing how the hounds in Biggrin's Tomb still doesn't despawn consistently when Biggrin goes down, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Wow I dint know they were supposed to - has never happened once to me in three years!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It happened to me for the first time yesterday. The next 2 runs through it were same old, same old kill the hounds after Biggrin.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Wolf skellies despawn if they haven't aggro'd on the player when Biggrin dies. The same behavior happens in Death Forge&Dread Spire. If you aren't extremely close or hit them, they depart.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    ilithyn said:

Gonna give a tip for kiting the T-Rex but not sacrificing your loot. I've only done this on a OP so no idea if it would work on another tank class, but the method is as follows.

1) Grab the T-Rex's aggro without damaging it, i.e. use a taunt ability. If you must, do as little damage as possible.
    2) Take the critter for a walk down the path that isn't used for the Engineer.
    3) Now lure the critter up to the barricades.
    4) Do this without doing too much damage to it, preferably none.
    5) Now with a bit of skill you can get the guards at the barricades to get the aggro instead of you as they will attack it as you kite it down there.
    5b) You may have to run a lap or two over the barricades, down into the outer court yard, up another barricade and back again, before the guards get proper aggro.
    6) Now the guards should have and hold aggro instead of you and if your team is even mildly competent they should have completed or be close to completing the skirmish and you can hoof off to the gate and get your loot while the guards tangle with the T-Rex.

As I said I've only ever done this on my OP, the only tank I have, so no idea about the viability for other tanks. But I leave it here for your consideration. It can take a couple of tries before you get the hang of it, but once you know how it's pretty much fool proof to do.

Any class can do this. It's just easier as OP or GF.
    Rather, it's impossible to do on any other class if the rest of the group falls in love with the rex, but if they leave it alone, it's just a matter of surviving/dodgin its attacks until guards grab aggro.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Alternate idea,
    • 1 player left when T Rex killed 30k AD award
    • 2 players left when T Rex killed 500 AD each award
    • 3+ players T Rex killed 100 AD each award
    Since I usually play a GF. . .
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @grogthemagnif That's quite the steep drop from 1 player to 2+ players. I like the idea from a pure "i'm greedy and want more AD" standpoint but this sounds highly unrealistic.

Especially if you take into account that the people that can kill the rex easily will most times just kill it during the course of the run anyway.

I mean, if a tank wants to hang in there for 10 minutes to kill a rex more power to you. But 30k is just a ridiculous thing to even put out there. (As someone with 1 of each class I fully support this idea that would line my pockets with more AD since I would just stay and kill it).
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

@grogthemagnif That's quite the steep drop from 1 player to 2+ players. I like the idea from a pure "i'm greedy and want more AD" standpoint but this sounds highly unrealistic.

Especially if you take into account that the people that can kill the rex easily will most times just kill it during the course of the run anyway.

I mean, if a tank wants to hang in there for 10 minutes to kill a rex more power to you. But 30k is just a ridiculous thing to even put out there. (As someone with 1 of each class I fully support this idea that would line my pockets with more AD since I would just stay and kill it).

Oh, and I did say AD, not RAD.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I'm usually on my tank when I end up in this skirmish. I don't get the lootbox anyway because I'm too cheap to make the keys and because I just don't care enough to generate the totems to make the keys. So I'm going to start doing this (pulling the T-Rex away) and let everyone else mop up the relevant trash.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

ilithyn said:

greywynd said:

It happened to me for the first time yesterday. The next 2 runs through it were same old, same old kill the hounds after Biggrin.

I actually have this happen most of the time for my warlock and only some of the time for my paladin. From what I've observed, it depends on how long the hounds were spawned for or, possibly, on how much damage you've dealt them. On my warlock, I'm able to burn Biggrin down fast enough that the rear hounds are able to spawn and not aggro, which causes them to despawn. On my paladin, most of the time I end up having to kill the rear hounds. Same with my HR.