test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character class reroll feature +character unbind option

So, these topics seem to have been touched on regularly since Neverwinter was a sole pc option, and repeating is not my objective, but this frequently visited topic has never been really adapted to what we as supportive gamers think is reasonable. In reality no real reason on why it has such a significant amount of resistance is ever given.

Neverwinter newcomers like myself, follow the mmo standard. Pick the class you enjoy from other mmo games. However, the initial aspects have whats expected but as you progress you have a realized point it's a bad fit. In my case I had been using my VIP membership, and aquired some significantly more difficult to comeby items. Like my companion pseudodragon. That I also used a exp booster on to get it where it is.
Now im in a situation play as a class I am far from fond off, or loose all my VIP rewards and progress on top of my mounts and companions.
There are two resolutions that seem simple, one buy a class reroll and keep whats yours. Hell you paid for it through investing time & or money.
Also, the binding system, why is account bound not sufficient? Allowing you to really get that perfect situation when your someone whos Neverwinter class experience has not been possible?

Ive always felt in game content sales for free to play is understandable, it provides for new content, game maintance, and finances the hard work of the games developers. However, the point of supporting is to invest in a game that uses that supportive funding to create an experience that allows for game evolution and adaptation to the ones playing it.

If you have paid for VIP, and loose all the benefits its provided over a length of time, then why ever invest untill you have tried each class, which would suck cause that means having to redo small missions over and over for each class, to determine if the class gameplay in the beginning is still enjoyable at higher levels. Account restricted elements are completely understandable, but character bound and unable to try out alternative options if the class makes gameplay less enjoyable should be available. It is a matter of letting newcomers find Neverwinters most compatible option for players without repeating time consuming missions and campaigns, which restarting forces and this blocks the player from further experiencing higher level in game areas, not just redoing the orc campaign in the tower district over and over for each class.

Even if you had to buy a token to reroll class it would be better than restricting new players from finding the most enjoyable neverwinter elements suited to them.
Xbox one gamertag= Irish Virus763
Guild: Rebels of the Vanquished

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Most of your argument fall flat, because it is just plain inaccurate. VIP is account wide, nothing about changing to a different character causes you to lose benefits as you stated. At most, the things you found in lockboxes are locked to the character you equipped them to, after being warned this would bind them. This situation has nothing to do with VIP itself and affects all items like that whether purchased on the AH or obtained with a paid lockbox key. The items mostly affected by this are artifacts, companions and mounts.

That out of the way, you argument boils down to I don't like my character and want to switch to a different class and keep everything to use on this different class. This comes up everytime the FoTM changes and sometimes with new players. The problem for the company is that they want you to purchase/ acquire items for each character. Financially, it makes little sense to them to make everything BOA and allow items to be freely moved and used by multiple characters. You can already move your enchantments. So, they have no incentive to change.

Even if they did make a class change token (Not a fan, but not opposed to this if done properly), most of your equipment and your weapons are class specific and would be unusable anyway.

Even if they do change, it would be months or years away. A change like that should happen with a new Mod and they are already working on the next 2 plus AI. Your best recourse for now is to make a new character and use it to collect your free VIP key and all the lockbox stuff. Move your enchantments to it and level it to learn the skills and rotations of the new class. Not ideal, but the best there is until and if it ever is changed.
  • reaper21c#6629 reaper21c Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Vip is account wide, but what you get from unlocking a box with a specific character may be bound to character or account, depending.

My argument falling flat is a perspective from Neverwinter experience vs. About a month in, for class specific rerolls equipment that is class specific sacraficed due to class change would be necessary. Trade, sell, or do whatever else you want, and be prepared to have equipment for your new class available. If your keeping your level you should be able to loot or buy the necessary items. This wouldn't force you to loose your companions, mounts, major value items that arent class specific.
    New players are coming into Neverwinter with at most a friend who plays, read some of the Neverwinter Wiki, and previous fantasy mmo class ideas of what is the general concept. Your not really able to get a decent read on the class until paragon, and if you won a legendary item from your character bound epic key & box, and happened to get a war triceratops vs a horse, your not going to use it?
    Thats the thing, if you started neverwinter and overall enjoyed the game, but as you level past 20 and unlock more skills, and your go wow I really cant stand the way this class plays out. -You can only hope you didnt happen to get something non class specific but character bound.

I'm fully aware they do this to make money, and they should. Hell free to play games that dont have users pay for some things are royally boned. Users who refuse to buy anything are contributing to said boned status. If you dont have the money, I get it things can suck and F2P provides a little less suck.
    But overall you have developers, graphic designers, marketing, and normal everyday staff that all need to make a living, and if no one buys in game content, then game over. I dont understand how the concept of maintaining the game, servers, bugs, new material, maps, and everything else would be done by volunteers, umm nope boned.
    My point is changing character class, paid or whatever, is not this topic to avoid its something that multiple mmo have available.

What about class specific missions, take over from where you left off with the other class. Yeah you may be 90% done, and loose it, but a sacrafice your aware off and control. It isnt blasphemy to look at it logically. Class specific character bound, non class specific account bound.

Last point when you do decide to spend money, support the game, and you jump the gun and out of excitment spend 2k in zen on a unicorn or whatever, but you find a dislike for the class. Yes you jumped the gun and spent money supporting a game that is now saying that a consumer who purchased the items to pay to keep the lights on, who overall liked the game enough to buy princess sparkle tom, is the one who will loose out on the thing they purchased. If class change is off the table, because your response was similar to my gran when i accidently drop the F-bomb in church. Then allow a character bind to account bind item in the zen store, as long as class specific isnt a factor, its a way to make a bit extra of princes sparkles rainbow colored impalment in its horn.

When you say fall flat, I say its all code, and its make believe. That allows for an extraordinary level of adaptability, and there are examples spanning back to D&D in the 70's. It wouldn't be much different code than reroll race.
    Not to mention class systems are kinda bs as it is. I'm not saying fantasy mmo should change, but its funny to me that I can shoot a grouping at 1000yard inside a 1inch diameter circle. Then grab my bow and put 5 arrows into a kill zone at 20yards, pull out my 9mm put 18 rounds into 3 targets at 15 yards change mags and empty another clip, but in a world where humanoid dragon wizards exist, the guy with the sword, cant use a bow?
    I mean feudal Japan, Samurai where required to have skills with blade and bow. Oh add that to my list, I hunt, target shoot, shoot competitively, trained in martial arts (multiple styles, spent time in Thailand training in Muay-thai, but started with Kendo and Aikido from my grandmother who grew up in Japan. So not seeing why make believe is always limited.
    Xbox one gamertag= Irish Virus763
    Guild: Rebels of the Vanquished
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I myself thought oh i wish i could change my class. Then it hit me all my gear would be useless as every class has different gear stats. I simply left the gear on my hunter ranger and stripped all the enchantments and unbound things to my pally who i currently main. If ever a rebalance comes out that makes me not want to play pally i can just swap stuff back to the hunter ranger and move forward. I said i wish i could send my mounts and companions over to my alt but then i realized nobody would open lockboxes or buy companions because you only need one and ur set with 50 dif toons u can just swap everything and be endgame. Its perfect where it is for players and devs. There are much more important things to fix and add imo.