test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• chestercatrat#6924 chestercatrat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm not on pc preview (PS4) but have they added a way to craft items that have value when sold to vendors for gold? Ie: craft X item for 5 silver but you make 12 at a time which is worth 1 gold on sale to vendor. Is there any workaround to the gold needed for crafting?
  • ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    Please add manuals of Masterwork I, II, Chult recipe in the preview only store like Masterwork III manuals.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

I'm not on pc preview (PS4) but have they added a way to craft items that have value when sold to vendors for gold? Ie: craft X item for 5 silver but you make 12 at a time which is worth 1 gold on sale to vendor. Is there any workaround to the gold needed for crafting?

I haven't seen anything that would sell for more gold than it takes to make it. However there may be a way to get really close to that with the right artisans and commission multipliers. The gold values for the crafting materials need to be redone just because some items are worth less than lower level items(ie. gold ingots sell for 50 copper and copper ingots sell for 80 copper).
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 6 Arc User

As you go through the new Professions quest you are given new tools. If however you have insufficient space in your professions inventory they go into overflow and block the progression of the quest.

Also at this point in the quest series you don't have access to the vendor to sell your old tools.

Press the sort button in your assets window... tools and asset voucher stack now and that should result in plenty of space in the assets inventory
    For 2 of My Characters this was correct, However for my 3rd, who had a full tools inventory before the tutorial and was heavy on the tools the sort button only freed up a few slots leaving me with 3 new tools in the overflow, blocking quest progression.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I created a brand new character on live then copied it to preview. Used xp scrolls to get to lvl 20. Started and fully completed the story around professions including using scrolls to get the char to 70 and upgrading the workshop to level 4. Since this char was new, I was unable to convert any old resources/assets to the new currencies since it had none. So the extent of the testing was to finish the storyline and all quests related to it. At the end, the South Sea Trading company still showed 5 mill balance even though it was used to get the workshop to level 4.

Along the lines of the South Sea Trading Company(SSTC), I see many potential uses for this in the future. Maybe extend the questline with the company for adding player housing that is attached to the workshop. Also maybe provide a vendor next to the SSTC NPC who sells recipes for decorations using SSTC credits. The decorations could provide bonus stats like gold find and movement speed for example.

Oh btw, Im not really into mastercrafting yet, but I think I found a bug in the stronghold beginner quests, I will list that next:

For some of the professions, the initial quests given by the Artisan in the stronghold for masterwork require materials that are no longer used in the game

Post edited by mrvincent1959 on
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • lordcamdenlordcamden Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The Delivery Box is still so broken that trying the new crafting system is pointless. I transferred three characters to preview and not one of them was able to even assign a worker to gather items. Kept getting the "Your Delivery Box Is Full" error. There is no Delivery Box anywhere in the crafting hall to empty, so there is no way to advance in crafting.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @lordcamden said:
    > The Delivery Box is still so broken that trying the new crafting system is pointless. I transferred three characters to preview and not one of them was able to even assign a worker to gather items. Kept getting the "Your Delivery Box Is Full" error. There is no Delivery Box anywhere in the crafting hall to empty, so there is no way to advance in crafting.

The workaround is to collect your professions and not have any running prior to copying them to the preview server. Unfortunately, that may not be the only gamebreaker you run into.

If any of your professions are rank 25 when copied you won't be able to get past the Collect Items from Dropbox part of the tutorial. Only my characters that did not have a rank 25 in any profession have been able to finish the tutorial.
    edited October 2018

> @lordcamden said:

> The Delivery Box is still so broken that trying the new crafting system is pointless. I transferred three characters to preview and not one of them was able to even assign a worker to gather items. Kept getting the "Your Delivery Box Is Full" error. There is no Delivery Box anywhere in the crafting hall to empty, so there is no way to advance in crafting.

The workaround is to collect your professions and not have any running prior to copying them to the preview server. Unfortunately, that may not be the only gamebreaker you run into.

If any of your professions are rank 25 when copied you won't be able to get past the Collect Items from Dropbox part of the tutorial. Only my characters that did not have a rank 25 in any profession have been able to finish the tutorial.

Thank you. I will try again with a character who does not have any crafting at 25.

Edit: It worked with a crafter who was level 3. Thanks again for the tip! :)
    Post edited by lordcamden on
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    As we have had no feedback on what is being done to resolve the various problems with completing professions, may I suggest the following (many of these are a compilation of other's ideas):

Reset everyone to 0 for all levels of profession - you cannot do anything prior to completing the tutorial anyways...
    Allow the new PE professions vendor the ability to purchase old assets and materials as per the retainer - but NOT reliant on completing the tutorial (or maybe for Gold... :) ).
    Grant training tokens for each profession (similar to companion training token) that grants levels equivalent to the old, that can be used after the tutorial is completed, or maybe from the special/events rewards claim agent near Knox. This would be BtA, and could be passed to a different character if desired.

Whether it is one token or several does not matter, and the tokens could also be sold for Zen, allowing new players to spend to get their professions up, equalizing play for starters.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2018

> @lordcamden said:

This seems to be correct. Just a note though on characters with little gold and no AD I haven't seen any way to speed up the tutorial making it a very slow process indeed.

> @lordcamden said:

Tried this with a character that I had recently leveled up to the mid 30s then copied over. The process seems successful. The tutorial though seems excessively long currently. 20 minutes to do the initial gathering task
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

> @lordcamden said:

This seems to be correct. Just a note though on characters with little gold and no AD I haven't seen any way to speed up the tutorial making it a very slow process indeed.

> @lordcamden said:

Tried this with a character that I had recently leveled up to the mid 30s then copied over. The process seems successful. The tutorial though seems excessively long currently. 20 minutes to do the initial gathering task
    Bad gatherer stats. Sounds like you got one with a speed penalty as the tasks are 10 mins and down to 5 with a good draw.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    ornald said:

Please add manuals of Masterwork I, II, Chult recipe in the preview only store like Masterwork III manuals.

It likely wouldn't hurt to always have all Chultan & Mastercraft Recipe unlocks always available on PREVIEW so people could choose to either TEST or ATTMPT to upgrade themselves on PREVIEW.
    What happened to those gems you could attach to your armor for bonuses to stats and IL? They cost 100k diamonds plus other things to fabricate, and the crafter had to be level 24, I think, in order to make them. Jewelcrafters and armor crafters could fabricate them (among others). Are they gone from the game in the new crafting system?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

What happened to those gems you could attach to your armor for bonuses to stats and IL? They cost 100k diamonds plus other things to fabricate, and the crafter had to be level 24, I think, in order to make them. Jewelcrafters and armor crafters could fabricate them (among others). Are they gone from the game in the new crafting system?

We've been promised they're going to be there, the exact requirements and pricing haven't been announced yet and they're not in the current Preview build.
  • lensmanjelensmanje Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    we could do with a option to double click on a missing material and it to open the recipe for that material
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Please give Mw1 Necklace and Girdle 2 slots and Please fix stats from MW3 sets
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Bug: Sort by Recipe Level (Ascending) - Alchemy
    For recipe levels 11-20, 31-40 and above, the first task in the list is out of sequence. Sorting descending and back to ascending does not fix this. Alchemy is the only skill affected.
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User

Ouch.

I only have the hammer so I am not going to be hurt by that, but I know others have spent a lot of real cash on profession packs/AD conversions to get their legendary tools. I'm talking on the order of $1000s in real money and 1000s of packs bought and opened.

Yes, it will hurt alot, I have opened 2000 quartermaster boxes, but didnt get any. They say the chance is 1 to 20000, where the chance for a leg mount should be 1 to 2000. So there was a reason why mounts is selling for 10-13 mill and tools for 20 to 100 mill.
    Actually when they transfer those tools over they should be better than a myth hammer since that would only cost a player like 5 mill to get or they should make it so the tool could go into that second slot (quality slot) but still count in the succes rate.

I guess that would never happen but one can hope :)
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    If the new profession scheme is still buggy, are you still going to
    release it with the Heart of Fire Module? I know you like to do that
    sort of thing (everything all at once) but it seems like the Module itself
    will have enough trouble without the crafting being prematurely piled on.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Someone mentioned the gold problem with a new or unleveled toon. I didn't think about transferring one from live and doing the bank thing but the you can use the box of crafting materials and get the black opals and go sell them to a vendor. if you find yourself running low on coin. but transferring over from live with a lot of gold and transfer to bank makes better sense
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    +1 versions of items for Masterworks quest do not count towards the quest. I can craft with +1 items now.

Like if I needed to turn in 3 adamantine scales to the Artisan and I craft 3 +1 adamantine scales,......they don't count.
    :s

This worse than failure! At least in failure, I get something back. :'(

Post edited by valwryn on
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Just a question...based on the preview which profession do you think would be the most beneficial for an end gamer?
    obsiddia said:

Nov 6 is their target release date for PC... 27 days left to fix these bugs...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    romromero said:

Just a question...based on the preview which profession do you think would be the most beneficial for an end gamer?

obsiddia said:

Nov 6 is their target release date for PC... 27 days left to fix these bugs...
    @romromero
    i would say all professsion because as you progress to master craft some ingredients are crafted on diferent professions, i will making 1 profession 1 gathering on each of my 8 chars(different classes) and send resources needed to my main char

@obsiddia from what @nitocris83 said on drift tavern they may already have seen some of these bugs on their version of the mod15, the version on preview is to highlight the new stuff on module make player send bugs and glitches reports.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    valwryn said:

+1 versions of items for Masterworks quest do not count towards the quest. I can craft with +1 items now.

Like if I needed to turn in 3 adamantine scales to the Artisan and I craft 3 +1 adamantine scales,......they don't count.
    :s

This worse than failure! At least in failure, I get something back. :'(

yesterday was tinkering and there's many strange master tasks that simply will not produce +1 products even with 100% 100%

but yes, any +1 item should fulfill any +0 need anywhere in this game . . . lots of work needed here
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I got in and did a little playing with the new system and plan on doing some more, but so far there have been two things that I want to comment on.

First, the bug:

At one point, looking at my retainer (I chose Sirin at this time if that matters) something appeared on my screen. I was looking at my retainer towards the long shelf running around the corner behind her, and "C(8778 M15_Professions_Work..." appeared on my screen.

A short time after this two NPCs appeared in the back corner area and I am unsure if what appeared on my screen was supposed to be Sirin's name or if it was a "ghost" appearing in advance of that NPC.
    Now the feedback:

1) When trading in my old workers (in the form of the vouchers), I noticed that I was getting the same value for all of them.

They went in to different stacks, for each of the different quality workers I had, but every one of the vouchers was worth the same single point towards buying stuff from my retainer.

In my opinion I should be getting more points in trade-in for the higher quality workers.
    I mean, it takes 4 white workers to make a green, 4 greens to make a blue, and so one so why is suddenly that white worker worth as much as a green who is worth as much as a blue and so on?

I get that higher quality workers might be worth more in the new system than they were in the old system, but that doesn't mean that those old higher quality workers shouldn't still be worth more than the old lower quality workers during this changeover.

Different quality/value materials were worth different amounts of that currency, why aren't different quality workers worth different amounts as well?

2) Might be too late to change anything, but I got to the mission where I was supposed to go to the trader and he wanted me to make some high quality items to trade to him.
    This should maybe be earlier in the mission chain?

I mean, now it's a bit of a block. I need to get the materials to get things started, and fortunately I can buy those materials with my points for trading in the old stuff, but I am only starting with two workers in one skill of my choice (I chose armor smithing for this test) and all I saw on the list was iron ingot +1. My craftsmen are not even guaranteed to be able to make a regular iron ingot and have zero chance of making an improved ingot at this point.

Am I actually supposed to sit on this mission over the course of however many days it takes me to get my craftsmen trained up to where I can at least hope to get them to produce some high quality iron ingots?

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Now the feedback:

1) When trading in my old workers (in the form of the vouchers), I noticed that I was getting the same value for all of them.

They went in to different stacks, for each of the different quality workers I had, but every one of the vouchers was worth the same single point towards buying stuff from my retainer.

In my opinion I should be getting more points in trade-in for the higher quality workers.
    I mean, it takes 4 white workers to make a green, 4 greens to make a blue, and so one so why is suddenly that white worker worth as much as a green who is worth as much as a blue and so on?

I get that higher quality workers might be worth more in the new system than they were in the old system, but that doesn't mean that those old higher quality workers shouldn't still be worth more than the old lower quality workers during this changeover.

Different quality/value materials were worth different amounts of that currency, why aren't different quality workers worth different amounts as well?

2) Might be too late to change anything, but I got to the mission where I was supposed to go to the trader and he wanted me to make some high quality items to trade to him.
    This should maybe be earlier in the mission chain?

I mean, now it's a bit of a block. I need to get the materials to get things started, and fortunately I can buy those materials with my points for trading in the old stuff, but I am only starting with two workers in one skill of my choice (I chose armor smithing for this test) and all I saw on the list was iron ingot +1. My craftsmen are not even guaranteed to be able to make a regular iron ingot and have zero chance of making an improved ingot at this point.

Am I actually supposed to sit on this mission over the course of however many days it takes me to get my craftsmen trained up to where I can at least hope to get them to produce some high quality iron ingots?

Those vouchers are not for your workers, those are for the equipment you had and the materials you had. The worker trade-in has not been implemented but will be coming sometime. The equipment vouchers are worth different amounts based on rarity and will help with problem #2.

Point 2, they gain experience very quickly. Run the task a few times and soon they will be making +1 stuff. It is actually the equipment that gives a better boost to the chance of +1 more quickly. Buy a higher level tool if you have enough vouchers. This is what you will need to do when live. For preview, see below.

There is a box in the corner near the workbench with a glowy section, this has tools, materials, workers, reset inspiration tokens etc. for preview testing. Use the stuff in there to rush the orders, increase quality and get through the tutorial very quickly.
    edited October 2018
    Oh, and two words of warning to everyone:

1) Bows are a part of artifice now. If you want your Ranger to be making bows and have currently trained up weaponsmithing, you might want to start focusing on artifice on live to get that as high as you can before the switch.

2) Before you trade in vouchers and materials do a count. The "currency" that you earn is not tradeable, so if you cash in all of your vouchers and have leftover points, well, you have leftover points. I discovered this the first character that I tried this with and didn't have enough points to buy anything with them.

No big deal since it's test and all, and I have deleted that character now anyway (it was my very first character in the game and I deleted them from live a long time ago, Caturday cloak and all), but it is worth doing a count before you click the "trade all" button, because once you convert them there is no going back.
    zephyriah said:

Those vouchers are not for your workers, those are for the equipment you had and the materials you had. The worker trade-in has not been implemented but will be coming sometime. The equipment vouchers are worth different amounts based on rarity and will help with problem #2.

Point 2, they gain experience very quickly. Run the task a few times and soon they will be making +1 stuff. It is actually the equipment that gives a better boost to the chance of +1 more quickly. Buy a higher level tool if you have enough vouchers. This is what you will need to do when live. For preview, see below.

There is a box in the corner near the workbench with a glowy section, this has tools, materials, workers, reset inspiration tokens etc. for preview testing. Use the stuff in there to rush the orders, increase quality and get through the tutorial very quickly.

The vouchers are absolutely my old workers. Says so right in the game that they are left behind by some nameless, faceless worker or whatever. My tools are still there. There are two different trade-ins: One for the vouchers and one for tools and other supplies.

Thanks for the glowy box tip, though.
    Still, when it comes to live that box won't be there and I will be waiting for my craftsmen to level up and I might not have enough vouchers for better tools.

That leaves me setting them to craft however many whatevers checking back in regularly to empty the box so that they can continue crafting whatevers to continue leveling their skill (and probably limit this to one craftsman because two would fill the box faster without getting me any closer to crafting the superior items), and that still feels like it will be a bottleneck.

Especially if I try to do this for more than one toon and the delivery box remains tied to the account, not characters.

Post edited by mithrosnomore on
  • chestercatrat#6924 chestercatrat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    /feedback

<font color=cyan> couple of things to note here. I'm on PS4, I have a gold build with 250% gold bonus. The most amount of gold I can actually farm in pve is 34 silver a kill. Even at 300% gold bonus it wouldn't hit 50 silver a kill. I can kill 6 - 8 mobs a minute that drop 24 silver a kill (giants) which means in 1 hour I can make ~140 gold.

Master crafting costs 8 gold per attempt. If I make 300 aqua fortis it will cost me 2400 gold. That's 17 hours of grinding the best gold in pve. Makes 0 sense.

While yes you said some recipes will have their gold cost adjusted, in reality you should need to increase the amount of gold that comes from PLAYING the game. You should be able to earn 1+ gold a kill for taking down giants or night terrors or honor guards. Maybe make it so gold isn't split amongst parties in groups and e erhone gets 100% of the amount. Currently there is 0 way to actually grind gold playing your game to craft.

With laborers leaving the game it also means you've killed guild mark farming. Which also means you've killed making a fast 30k gms to then be used to buy gold with. Even if you add some sort of Stronghold coffer donation I think we can all agree it won't equate to a guild mark farm as we currently know which also means earning mass gold from MC vendors is probably extinct.

With that.. Attempting Master Work +1 rings, like bronzewood raid, is 10% chance of success with epic artisan having max focus, mythic gond, and +1 supplement. Are you kidding me? The cost of the ring once crafted will equal a legendary pack on PS4 based solely on the amount of fails one will eat before getting a final product. No one is going to spend 4 to 6m on a GS 600 ring with anything less than 1500-2000 of BOTH stats in the ring. These % for success are insanity.
    That doesn't even equate for the 8 gold per attempt. On 10% chance of success you're eating 72 gold for every +1 ring you make. That's not counting for any gold for the items necessary to make the rings (beaded glass, living bronzewood, etc). Have you guys actually done the math on a spreadsheet to see how completely backwards you're making MC? <font color=cyan>