test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20180924a.2

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

giz#2086 said:

any comment on the fact GFs are not capable of tanking like the OPs do?

shield clunky/broken or simply not usable (like second boss of CR), no second HP layer to fight against unmitigable dmgs (orrible, lazy and cheap thing you added just to instakill players regardless the amount of time-resources invested into defence)?

all the bugs of your new shiny CR still there? no more pillar to bug the sisters AND no more lamps to clean the bats, double life for the second sister happening randomly, double broken pillars at the secon boss, sunsword not protecting the party at Strad??

LOL clean your mess pls!

I see plenty of GFs as tank for CR because OPs are only demanded as banedin.
    Tactician buffer GFs, not tank, 'cose at the secon boss cannot rise the shield or it goes on phase..its a mess right now, aggroing also quite broken, SW and DC get aggro more than GF :(

I can tank CR with my tact GF. Use enhanced mark to keep aggro.
  • taroka#8079 taroka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    In my opinion, devs hid tasks that they do not want to show us, which bugged the content. And that's it.
    Generally, it's a fiasco for me. Although the workshop itself is nice, there is nothing interesting to offer. Unless someone likes to lose AD and gold.
    I have not found no one item that would be worth several weeks / months of laborious clicking.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    So Featherfall now works properly...Good! I thought I was going to have to kill Jim next time I ran re-retrieval.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Workshop delivery box: Roughly the size of a large chest of goods you'd find on a sailing ship.

........You ask the quartermaster: i got some goods to store in there, he replies sorry its full. You ask well what you got in there to fill it up? he says, i got 30 gems in there. You are confused and look at the man. you say, i got 50 gems in this gem pouch, you hold it up, and you got 30 in that chest and its full ? Those have got to be big gems. He smiles, opens the chest and you look in it and see 30 small gems littering the bottom of the chest. Thats full ? you ask. He says yup, sorry my captain said i can only stick 30 items in there. You ask, you can't put the stuff in bags and count the bags as one item ? He replies: sorry no can do captains orders. Well, you say, i guess i'll just have to go to the next ship and see if they can transport my goods as obviously your all filled up. So you walk over to the pinta single mast ship and they take your goods and set sail.......

Silly story to say one thing

STACK ITEMS IN THE DANG CHEST !!!!!
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Did a checkup of the recipe changes...

Blacksmithing Wootz Hatchet Game crashed when trying to select recipe
    Blacksmithing Wootz Pickaxe Game crashed when trying to select recipe
    Blacksmithing Wootz Raising Hammer Game crashed when trying to select recipe
    Blacksmithing Wootz Round Knife Game crashed when trying to select recipe
    Blacksmithing Wootz Scythe Game crashed when trying to select recipe

Alchemy Commissioned Hull Coating still uses polluted brimstone
    Artificing Lacquered Ebony still uses rotten ebony wood
    Artificing Spruce Dining Table still uses rotten carved pine wood
    Tailoring Cashmere Carpet still uses moth-eaten spool of fine silk thread
    Tailoring Elegant Crimson Runners Still uses moth-eaten spool of silk thread
    Tailoring Elegant Crimson Rug Still uses moth-eaten spool of silk thread
    Tailoring Commissioned Gown Still uses moth-eaten bolt of taffeta
    Armorsmithing Adamantine Plate MW I-II task AND level 69 task?
    Armorsmithing Adamantine Rings MW I-II task AND level 69 task?
    Armorsmithing Adamantine Scales MW I-II task AND level 69 task?
    Armorsmithing Cast Iron Chandelier Still uses 2 obsolete resources

Armorsmithing Gold Wire Moved to Jewelcrafting on purpose?
    Armorsmithing Golden Chandelier Moved to Jewelcrafting on purpose?
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User

Those were both in the patch notes.
    Charisma was my dump stat.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

So Featherfall now works properly...Good! I thought I was going to have to kill Jim next time I ran re-retrieval.

I'll be getting to him the second I'm done dealing with Volo. The little bard has a reckoning coming.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User

Those were both in the patch notes.
    You're right! Missed that ;-)
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    terramak said:

Known Issues

• The ever-present Coming Soon™ icon is Leaving Soon™. (It's just going away. This is not us adding a new class.)
    So... that's it, then? This is final? No more speculation or expectation of new classes?

Dang!
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    BEHOLDER CONVENTION: You can't talk to any of the 3 beholder's cause your NOT a member? I started by talking to the Bartender and she gave me nothing... Quest object said escape with information but I could never get anything until discovering the bartender only speak to you after you try talking to beholders...

Also why does the first quest for the EGG say to be 25 then send you to a 55+ area, or the 35 level one send you to a 40 area, and the 45 area see all details below:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/10-new-professions-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2

Also please fix 'Collect Items From Your Delivery Box' because 75-90% of character's regardless how many items you gather or collect never finishes or updates allowing you to turn the quest in even if the tutorial is finished. Character's that FAIL consistently FAIL and those who succeed will always succeed. However it's 8-9x more likely most won't be able to currently finish.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    strathkin said:

BEHOLDER CONVENTION: You can't talk to any of the 3 beholder's cause your NOT a member? I started by talking to the Bartender and she gave me nothing... Quest object said escape with information but I could never get anything until discovering the bartender only speak to you after you try talking to beholders...

Also why does the first quest for the EGG say to be 25 then send you to a 55+ area, or the 35 level one send you to a 40 area, and the 45 area see all details below:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/10-new-professions-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2

Also please fix 'Collect Items From Your Delivery Box' because 75-90% of character's regardless how many items you gather or collect never finishes or updates allowing you to turn the quest in even if the tutorial is finished. Character's that FAIL consistently FAIL and those who succeed will always succeed. However it's 8-9x more likely most won't be able to currently finish.

You are missing something that everyone else at the convention is wearing...I thought it was the bartender that had the item...but there is a non-beholder that you speak to that will give you what you need.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    The work around is transfer a toon that HAS finished the starter professions quest on the old mod but NEVER reached level 20 on any profession. ;)
    edited October 2018
    empalas said:

strathkin said:

You are missing something that everyone else at the convention is wearing...I thought it was the bartender that had the item...but there is a non-beholder that you speak to that will give you what you need.
    No I fully talked to the DRUNK beholder and he would say nothing more to me! I then realized the QUEST said speak to 3 beholders and you only get that after fully talking to the drunk one.

Yet still I first saw the Bartender and wondered why does she have a gold diamond above her... I spoke to her and I don't think she offered me anything the first time I tried. I then went around looking for Drow Security cause Beholder's wouldn't speak to me despite being the correct ones! Only then after 10-15 minutes did I one more time try speaking to the bartender, cause I couldn't find anybody else anywhere to speak to - it was only then she offered me the guise.

I also noticed the quest objective in the Journal said escape with information, yet below the minibar it says talk to Beholder A, Beholder B, Beholder C - so even those don't align. Still the bartender I'm sure didn't offer me the guise the very first time I tried speaking to her unless it was some glitch. But regardless the journal entry objectives and the objectives below the Mini on Minimap don't align!
    edited October 2018

Bugs:

After the 5 October update (already posted elsewhere before this thread was posted):

“Take your item from the delivery box” *still* fails to complete the quest!

Old tools did not convert into asset vouchers.

Client crash while clicking around MW Blacksmithing – happened to be a click on one of the Adamant tools. This happened several times on several different tools.

Client crash consistently on the first click on any Wootz tool.

It's very likely they are still in process of having to make changes, the Chultan weapons or League stuff is still showing 430, despite last week showing 440. And realize now all the Adamantine (Rare) armor at level 70 is now 500. The old Mastercraft stuff that was 435, is now 520; or the 445, is now 530; while the 480, is now 560.

So It has me wondering what Item Level will the Chultan Gear be? It's possible perhaps 505-515 or maybe also 520 but likely perhaps a lessor quality (Rare) cause it doesn't leave a lot of room for between 500-520 to position it. Also they likely still have to FIX the Mastercraft +1 gear so it's also still 10-15 item level higher?
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    In regards to the professions preview, I imported a new character, rolled a new character in addition to trying to complete the professions workshop quest with my existing preview character.

In every case I am unable to complete the quest because I keep getting the error message "Delivery Box is full", so far all I can say about the new professions modification is I'm not impressed - disappointed actually...

Many of the professions ingredients and assets I have including ones I had to buy in a few rare cases, are now either next to worthless or were ghosted from my inventory entirely all so I can try to preview the new professions queue and receive the same error message regardless of the suggested work-arounds.

And what's with the RNG possibility of failure for some professions? Don't we get enough of that with trying to refine enchantments, runestones and artifacts?!?

On top of all of that professions items we used to be able to construct "free" are now going to cost players in game coinage, not to mention the declining moral issue with the fabricators.

Perhaps I'm unimpressed because so far, and despite the suggested work-arounds I have still not been able to complete the most basic professions tutorial and since I can't complete the tutorial professions quest I have to return to Protector's Enclave any time I want to use professions instead of being able to queue professions any time, from any where like we used to.

If the professions change is going to be an integral part of MOD 15 and if professions is at all indicative of the other changes we have to look forward to in the next MOD, perhaps the projected roll out date is a bit ambitious...

Just sayin'.
    DD~
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    r000kie said:

Delivery box has to be accessible very early in the tutorial, maybe first thing. If you do not solve this, you'll have a mess when going live. The longer this is trailing on preview, less FREE testing you'll have from the player part. 4 weeks to go.

They just don't care about our free testing
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Hi to everyone,

maybe you can help me out. There are some big rumours that in mod 15 you can get a new weaponset. Is this true? Anyone can show the new weapon set from preview maybe?
    I wrote a letter to @nitocris83 at friday, but i dont think i will get a response :'(

So can anyone can confirm that we are getting a new weapon set in mod 15 or is it a false rumour? Thx a lot in advance.
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    It's false
  • daaaqe#8284 daaaqe Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    What about weaker hadar grasp than before ? Sw feeback etc ???
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    empalas said:

Copying a new character doesn't work for me have copied 5 different toons that had nothing waiting in professions before I copied them. None of them can advance the quest line with the delivery box bug

As far as I can tell the preview only store has nothing that will let you advance that much quicker than normal. you still have to run through the content which is quite easy to begin with but still takes a few hours to get to level 20. What I would have expected in the preview only store is something that would just grant you xp to level up to where you want to be. Would have thought something like this would have been here already unless there is another preview only thing that isn't in the wondrous bazaar.

Bummed the bug isn't fixed for the second week in a row.

If you chose the Sgt Knox option on the Character select screen (free), you will start out at level 70. Also, in the 'zen store', the Champaign tokens are there for free. Just did that two days ago myself. :-)
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    terramak said:

Known Issues
    Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
    Issue: While the issue has ostensibly been addressed, we've received reports that characters who ran into the issue on version NW.105.20180924a.1, or characters copied from live, are still unable to progress.
    Workaround: Copy a new character to Preview. If that doesn't work, maybe create a new character and make good use of the stuff you can get from the Preview Only store to advance quickly.

New character worked fine. Re-copied character still failed. This time I not only cleared all pending tasks, but also abandoned pending masterwork missions that the toon had to assure that was not causing an issue before coping to preview. No luck.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
    edited October 2018
    I copied 3 new character's to PREVIEW who never had been on it. Still Samm & Miri my GF & Rogue didn't work at all and not quite sure why... Only Ghesh my Dragonborn Warlock was successful at 0924.a2 - so now 7 of my 8 character's are completely unable to proceed.

Now I only keeping two on PREVIEW one that doesn't work & one that does.

Still for the 7 who all failed no matter how many items I gather or take from the Delivery Box there's no way to abandon the quest and try to start it over... Yet even if you could I suspect that won't help cause recopying the character after deleting them doesn't work either which makes no sense.
    strathkin said:

I copied 3 new character's to PREVIEW who never had been on it. Still Samm & Miri my GF & Rogue didn't work at all and not quite sure why... Only Ghesh my Dragonborn Warlock was successful at 0924.a2 - so now 7 of my 8 character's are completely unable to proceed.

Now I only keeping two on PREVIEW one that doesn't work & one that does.

Still for the 7 who all failed no matter how many items I gather or take from the Delivery Box there's no way to abandon the quest and try to start it over... Yet even if you could I suspect that won't help cause recopying the character after deleting them doesn't work either which makes no sense.

The copying new character isn't accurate. You need to copy one that hasn't gotten anything to level 25. Someone said lower than 20 but I tested one that had only gotten one profession to 20 and that worked fine to complete the quest.

The problem seems to be something with the fixup to gathering as to why it doesn't complete the quest. My guess is that the quest looks for you to get gathering experience and you are already at max so it can't detect a change.

So you could try sending over any that don't have any of their professions to level 25.

Hopefully they have it fixed in tomorrows patch
    Oh perhaps that was the only reason Ghesh my Dragonborn succeeded... I didn't think his Artificing was 24 yet and Leatherwork was only 21 when I copied him. Yet he had no problem completing the tutorial but I'm not quite sure why that would create an issue for the other 7 toons to not recognize items gathered...
    I suspect it is the Gathering XP you get when you collect it is what its looking for and not the actual collecting part. so if you are already max in Gathering your XP won't increase. But that is just my guess

This discussion has been closed.