test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M15: General Loot Drops

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Overflow gives 5K rAD and 1K RP. Ummm...okay. :/ Hopefully its drop rate will be better.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    quantumff said:

quantumff said:

Wanderer's Fortune isn't working.

I don't know if this is intentional or usual for preview or whatever, but thought I should mention it just in case.

Further details: Tested in blackdagger, cloak tower (private solo instance), and the river district. Tried taking out the insignia and putting it back in (no difference). Mount is the gilded giant spider, running a leeching crescent, aggression in regal and illuminated, all blue.
    There wasn't a buff text (as you usually get even after softcap) it just wasn't working at all.

Are you saying it wasn't working because the floater text wasn't there only? Or did you also never see anything go into your inventory?

The floater text was removed both because we've gotten multiple complaints about the floater text happening when already at cap (the two options are the floater text happens even when at cap or not at all due to how the power works) and as an effort to remove an extraneous noise on the screen as we have so many messages and pop ups.
    Sorry should have been more clear- no items received either. The only refining stones I found were unbound black pearls on the ground as (presumably) normal drops.
    I can confirm this went to Drowned Shore and killed hundreds of mobs not one refining stone from Wanderer's Fortune just black pearls and a couple of Aquamarine drops on the ground. No account bound stones direct to inventory.

• mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    mistake :)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I also agree that the auto-pickup can be bad. I have hundreds of identify scrolls, so no problem to stop, identify, refine and move on... but not everyone has this, so many (especially new players) will just be dropping items when bags get full. As you cannot 'see' what an item is before you auto-pick it up, you must pick up everything - it is only when it goes into your inventory you know what it is.

I agree with the ability to set your auto-pick threshold, so you do not fill your bag needlessly.

For those that say why identify or even have treasure/items/etc, and go straight for gold or RP - This is D&D for cryin' out loud!!! I want those things!! Go play Uber eats if you want easy - I make my meals (mostly)!

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
    Also posting this here as there is no general bugs thread.
    In the latest test update, I have noticed my companions seem to get a slumped, defeated posture when talking to NPC's in the game - at first I put this down to the grind of getting the professions quest, but then noticed it in general play
    :)

The Small Band
  • seventaru#1314 seventaru Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    > @empalas said:
    > skill nodes have RP in them again I see...I see farming bots coming back again(uggh)...I thought there was eventually going to be a change so that you would have to interact in some way that would prevent botting(ie. mini-game). Perhaps just make the rp from the nodes BtA...simple solution makes them worth opening(gold and RP) and not worth botting

~~~

I'm happy that skill nodes won't be completely pointless if this is the case, but I'm glad you brought up the bot thing. A lot of the changes are super bot friendly and with gold being needed for so much more and being paid out so much less, plus the auto pickups (which I'm totally all for) game is getting more bot friendly.

Just seems like a lot of this wasn't well thought out, but that doesn't shock me much at this point
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2018

With the Heart of Fire update we made some adjustments to the general loot (loot dropped by the majority of critters regardless of zone).

• Walk over loot - general loot now picks up simply by walking over it. Where applicable this will also trigger group loot rolls.
    • Reduced the number of junk loot items (items only worth gold such as platinum bowls) to 1 type per level range and also increased the stack size of junk loot to 100.
    • Potions, Skill Kits, and Portable Altars were removed from general loot drops and moved to the general vendors available in most zones and PE
    • Removed Gray and White gear from dropping in lower levels, the lowest rarity of gear that drops from critters is now Green.
    Additional loot changes:
    • Experience Overflow Rewards now grant direct RP, RAD, and still grant Power Points.
    • HE rewards no longer grant gems and instead grant direct RP.

Check out these changes on preview and let us know how they feel.
    Good quality of life changes, not much else to say. Particularly so the walk over loot, I often just leave it on the ground because it is rarely worth the time of picking it up, identifying+sorting+selling.

I am not dismounting Crow for a few pieces of silver, life is too short for that sort of thing!

But as was already mentioned, with Leadership being kind of a leading source of Gold for the market, and the addition of new gold sinks, what ways of "Farming gold" will there be besides selling random gear drops to the NPCs?

Are you planning to cause a "Gold draught" through these changes to sink the current overflow of gold from the economy and start fresh? - Surreptitiously and cautiously locks gold withdrawals from the guild bank. -
    Post edited by tanais58crane on
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Is it the expectation that I will have to sell RP to do professions in the future? I am finding that the selling of items that would normally get sold for gold right now means a fairly high level dps character can farm enough drops to get gold for ~ 8 professions tasks by killing things for an hour in a high end zone. That goes up to ~20 professions tasks in that time if I sell every drop I get for gold. Is that the expected ratio? If this is the case you will have a market of people selling gold to those doing professions but it will effectively kill any new players from doing professions in your game. This could be a bigger bar to entry into professions than the Forgehammer of Gond for master crafting. This will also have a major impact on the cost of RP in game and increase the time for new players to upgrade their gear as when I was leveling up I needed every bit of RP I could get to improve my character.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2018

With the Heart of Fire update we made some adjustments to the general loot (loot dropped by the majority of critters regardless of zone).

• Walk over loot - general loot now picks up simply by walking over it. Where applicable this will also trigger group loot rolls.
    • Reduced the number of junk loot items (items only worth gold such as platinum bowls) to 1 type per level range and also increased the stack size of junk loot to 100.
    • Potions, Skill Kits, and Portable Altars were removed from general loot drops and moved to the general vendors available in most zones and PE
    • Removed Gray and White gear from dropping in lower levels, the lowest rarity of gear that drops from critters is now Green.
    Additional loot changes:
    • Experience Overflow Rewards now grant direct RP, RAD, and still grant Power Points.

Good quality of life changes, not much else to say. Particularly so the walk over loot, I often just leave it on the ground because it is rarely worth the time of picking it up, identifying+sorting+selling.

But as was already mentioned, with Leadership being kind of a leading source of Gold for the market, and the addition of new gold sinks, what ways of "Farming gold" will there be besides selling random gear drops to the NPCs?

Are you planning to cause a "Gold draught" through these changes to sink the current overflow of gold from the economy and start fresh? - Surreptitiously and cautiously locks gold withdrawals from the guild bank. -
    Nevermind, I already spotted your answer to this question in a different thread.

For those that don't want to browse 20+ pages of replies to find it:

Gold ingots will become available for purchase, and can be sold for gold.
    Post edited by tanais58crane on
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    Can you please not ignore all of use who don't want to auto pick up green garbage, please?
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Additional loot changes:

@noworries#8859

overflow now grants rad/rp but no rad jackpot/rp jackpot, why?

potions are needed when leveling, and power/defense/recovery/crit/heal itemsare needed for dailiy questing and its a huge gold income for players, unless you gonna put health stones dropping on mobs this need to be addressed,

also main hand unidentified blue quality item still ask us to press "f" to pick them,
    epic "salvage" gear are being added to convert equipment option on rp sytem

junk loot need to be removed from game its gold value its uselless to us players

the rp event needs to be adreessed (only for mobs killed/he completed/3playerdungeon/5player dungeon/skirmish/trial/overflow reward rp) on live its not giving the players 5xtimes the 1k rp from mutiple run on trials(gave me 5k 1st trial of the day, but then got back to 1k), scamming player to spend ad were the event is not working like it should.

quantumff said:

Wanderer's Fortune isn't working.

I don't know if this is intentional or usual for preview or whatever, but thought I should mention it just in case.

Further details: Tested in blackdagger, cloak tower (private solo instance), and the river district. Tried taking out the insignia and putting it back in (no difference). Mount is the gilded giant spider, running a leeching crescent, aggression in regal and illuminated, all blue.
    There wasn't a buff text (as you usually get even after softcap) it just wasn't working at all.

Are you saying it wasn't working because the floater text wasn't there only? Or did you also never see anything go into your inventory?

The floater text was removed both because we've gotten multiple complaints about the floater text happening when already at cap (the two options are the floater text happens even when at cap or not at all due to how the power works) and as an effort to remove an extraneous noise on the screen as we have so many messages and pop ups.
    Wait, does a new version of WF just give RP directly instead of drop loot into your inventory or something?
    No, the floater text was removed. So I'm wondering if people think it isn't working because they aren't seeing that floater text, or if it is that they aren't receiving any rewards from it at all.
    why remove the floater text? why not making it show up when players get rp stones?
    empalas said:

skill nodes have RP in them again I see...I see farming bots coming back again(uggh)...I thought there was eventually going to be a change so that you would have to interact in some way that would prevent botting(ie. mini-game). Perhaps just make the rp from the nodes BtA...simple solution makes them worth opening(gold and RP) and not worth botting

skill nodes need to be removed from game since professions resources will be coming from gathering.
    krailov said:

Also posting this here as there is no general bugs thread.
    In the latest test update, I have noticed my companions seem to get a slumped, defeated posture when talking to NPC's in the game - at first I put this down to the grind of getting the professions quest, but then noticed it in general play
    :)

on entrance to workshop i see abandoned companions outside without its owner

@noworries#8859
    Can you please not ignore all of use who don't want to auto pick up green garbage, please?

set loot mode to blue or epic
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

@noworries#8859 remove gold cost from unslotting overloads - it's 2,5G per blue enchant (5G+ per area) (make them like insignias);
    it will make game more enjoyable to play in different areas.

Disagree. Have you played under the old 'use thousands of AD instead system' ?
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

@noworries#8859 remove gold cost from unslotting overloads - it's 2,5G per blue enchant (5G+ per area) (make them like insignias);
    it will make game more enjoyable to play in different areas.

Disagree. Have you played under the old 'use thousands of AD instead system' ?
    Well, ask them to also put a gold fee on "insignias"!
    Add a sink everywhere = make game unplayable.

I'm for removal! Not for replacement by another currency.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

junk loot need to be removed from game its gold value its uselless to us players

Maybe for you, but not for everyone. Personally, I convert all of that to RP currently. After this update comes out, I might sell it for gold instead. Either way, I still want it.
    arcanjo86 said:

@noworries#8859

set loot mode to blue or epic
    Only works when you are part of a party - but that would be a good place to allow us to have that setting outside of a party, as it is adjustable.

The Small Band
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Just watch where you step, then.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Just watch where you step, then.

You cannot 'see' what the item is, so you cannot avoid it (unless you want to forgo blue or epic or gold...)

The Small Band
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

Junk loot now will be good for a lot of people as they now will have to buy potions and if they craft will need it now for that. May still be junk to you. I think it should be a configurable option. you can turn it on or off. Auto-Loot checkbox. Have seen that in a lot of MMOs

*Edited for correct quote context
    Post edited by empalas on
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    @empalas I think you're confused about my position on junk loot.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @nunya#5309 ackk...quoted the wrong fellow sorry about that
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Overflow gives 5K rAD and 1K RP. Ummm...okay. :/ Hopefully its drop rate will be better.

This was changed. I think it gives 250-2500 rAD now.
  • marc#8428 marc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Watching preview with crafting and then this thread and I'm seriously worried about professions. I'm a PS4 player. I have 267% gold bonus build. I receive max 29 silver per giant kill in cold run or 34 silver in iwdp (also, why are giants in iwdp giving more gold than giants in cold run???). I also craft heavily. With the gold costs going into m15 this game currently does not have a system to support the gold needed to craft. Not even close.

With my current build I can clear 6 groups of giants in 69 seconds (4 to 6 seconds to kill + run time). That's 1.74 gold a minute or 104 gold an hour (using a comps, gear, enchants, etc designed solely for gold bonus) . Sure we can pickup bowels to sell but that'll be it since potions are no longer going to drop and you can't sell armor pieces for gold either.

Most players have 5k gold after a few years of playing. Some have much more from using mc vendors in sh to produce gold. Come m15 that'll be next to impossible since guild mark farming is being removed from the game; no more easy guild marks so no more easy gold.

So we are left eith a very large gap. As a serious crafter I'll need 150,000 gold going into m15. 150k gold and the most gold one can earn, per pve farming, is 29 a kill. Average money drop in game in Barovia or Chult is 1.34 silver.

Can we PLEASE see an increase in money from creature kills and quests? If I kill the night terror I shouldn't get 1.34 silver, I should get 5 gold. Quest should give gold not silver for completion. If I run an FBI the gold on the ground is divided by the numbers of people I'm playing and it's also not more gold than farming a zone. If giants in cold run give 29 silver a giant in fbi should give 1 gold. I also think the money shouldn't be divided by the people in the party (5). If 1 gold drops everyone gets 1 gold.

I'm sure this sounds radical but when m15 drops, within 2 months there will be no more gold in the game and at 300% gold bonus (using the new +16% gold enchant in defense slots) you won't pull that much more from mob drops than what we can pull now. The costs of doing professions isn't going to go down (5 gold per task for MC). If I make 300 aqua fortis it's 1500 gold, no fails. I then make 70 ingots its another 350 gold no fails. I turn that into 40 wire and its 200 gold, no fails. Which I then make 10 rings at 50 gold with no fails. That round of crafting costs me 2,100 gold, without counting fails. Which is also 20 hours of pve gold farming. Let that sink in.

NoWorries, PLEASE adjust the amount of monies we can earn from killing creatures, doing dailies and weeklies, SH events, random qs, k team challenges etc. If you're going to remove junk from the ground to be sold then you really need to replace it and the value of everything really needs to go up. It feels like one department isn't talking to another department when working on the same mod, different tasks, but where both taskz work together.

So players know. New +1 rings will cost a leg pack. New +1 armor will be over 10m a piece. New +1 weapons will be over 10m a piece. Why? The cost of gold.

Please help.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    marc#8428 said:

Most players have 5k gold after a few years of playing. Some have much more from using mc vendors in sh to produce gold. Come m15 that'll be next to impossible since guild mark farming is being removed from the game; no more easy guild marks so no more easy gold.

What do you mean guildmark farming is being removed?

I haven't seen any confirmed changes that affect the earning of guildmarks and we are still waiting the the new coffer crate recipes.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

What do you mean guildmark farming is being removed?

I haven't seen any confirmed changes that affect the earning of guildmarks and we are still waiting the the new coffer crate recipes.

He might be using the profession people to earn easy guild marks which in his mind is what guild mark farming should be. I do agree with him on the gold needing to drop more in game as you want the new players to have something that they can sell to the people doing professions. As it stands right now, a lot less people are going to do professions since it will cost a lot of AD/Guild Marks or time killing monsters just to get one profession upgraded. It may take a new player 9 months to pay for the cost of upgrading one profession to 25 from what I am seeing. That will kill professions for most in game and make it more exclusive than what it currently is at. Master crafters will be paying AD for gold and or running so much in the stronghold on multiple characters that they don't play anything else in the game. The pricing for master crafted gear I expect to go up not down if the current changes go through.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k