test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    large patch today ...task : collect youre item from delivery box still broken,
    thats despite deleting the charactor from preview ,going on live and made sure NO tasks in progress and NO uncollected proffesion results,and plenty of bag space for proffesion resources,
    THEN copied toon to preview and still gets stuck at that task.
    So i have tied waiting for the gathering task to complete then collecting results BEFORE consulting the NPC,
    AND tried consulting the NPC task WHILE the gathering task was underway ...both result in no progress possible as the collection of items from the delivery box DOES NOT REGISTER that items have been collected.
  • darkzod#9528 darkzod Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Master Professions 3 Gear (Mantikor/Titan) is now better than Master Professions 5? hmmmm ....
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    another mod 6 like that will destroy players' faith in devs when they make bad choices and too many broken bugs, we had profession reset 2-3 years ago, and now we seeing to "relearn" for 3rd time. complete washout of crafters we have and all those resources we collected replace by more cluttered materials instead of better streamlined products.

Do we really need all those messy steps starting with Ores > Ingots > Blade mold/Hilts > Sword, plus all those +1 items in processing stages? that is pure overloaded work, you give way too much details on these steps instead of cleaner less messy steps from Ores to Crafted items.

these would created too much data overload on the servers and zone copies, and players begin to complain about how laggy it become. we dont need stages of unfinished steps to next unfinished items.

No wonder why you devs never gave us any poll or open to suggestions before these go to live server. we have a few weeks left before we are forced to deal with these mess.

several months ago, i did ask for profession overhaul, but this isnt what kind of overhauling we liked and prefer more basic. just ask the players and see what they thinks.

just saying, excessive cluttered assorted unfinished items would created unexpected bugs, less and basic mean less bugs would not happen often.
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Well, cant progress either past the delivery box, I did some testing anyway though:
    It seems with an epic artisan and a mythic gond hammer you have roughly 75%, 70% and 65% chance of succes in MW 3,4 and 5.
    so, when we are used to working with rate like 90 or 95% thats a huge kick.
    The big joker her of course is our legendary assets which we still dont know what will transfer to, but it just seems like there isnt any room for them, we only got one slot for an asset and we place our gond hammer there.
    We can ofc make other items at the same time and use whatever our leg.asset transfer to, but it wont be as good as our hammer (prolly 5% lower), so the grand days of 95% succes rate seems like over,,whatever thats good or bad, I dont know..
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    What about the stronghold boxes of gold, astral diamonds , jewels and labour. How the material donation works for labour.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    What about the production slots? In the old system we had 9 now we get 3 production and 3 gathering slots. where are the other 3 slots missing? What will the workshop upgrad 4 gives you ?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Seriously, I better that III?
    MW Armor III:

MW Armor II:

MW Armor I:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @asterdahl make Chultan Tools "Cannot Discard"
    Chultan tools BIS? Can you adjust MW Tools?
    image image
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Possible bug:
    Shouldn't Linen Cloth require Linen Yarn? Currently requires Cotton Yarn.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Are we getting any IL 600 rings?

I mean, the new gear with the rewards you get from the campaign doesn't have any, and there's really nothing that can compete with the current rings.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    Because the idiotic system decided that I exceeded the acceptable amount of post editing (lol) and sent my comment for moderation, I will write the same here
    1. During logging in, I got the impression that the patch only downloaded up to 97%, after which I could log onto the server.
      2. The lags on the test server are horrendous. (This was the case with the first patch, it seemed that the second patch fixed it)
      3. Regardless of which character I copied on the preview, I can not complete this HAMSTER task! Since you are unable to fix this bug, disable the tutorial. It's been over a week now that it will not be able to test the possibilities of the profession .
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    wylonus said:

another mod 6 like that will destroy players' faith ....

.......several months ago, i did ask for profession overhaul, but this isn't what kind of overhauling we liked and prefer more basic. just ask the players and see what they thinks.

For one, its no where near like Mod 6. And two it isn't what YOU want. I realise there are bugs but its much more comprehensive and feels like what crafting should be more like. Sorry to burst your bubble but you constantly want it easier to get the things you THINK you deserve.

Can't wait to hear you moan in alliance chat about this and the changes to Siege.
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2018

As you go through the new Professions quest you are given new tools. If however you have insufficient space in your professions inventory they go into overflow and block the progression of the quest.

Also at this point in the quest series you don't have access to the vendor to sell your old tools.

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    It was posted in the latest patch notes thread but the only way around the delivery box bug is to either start a new character on preview or copy one that hasn't leveled professions very far. I had one I copied over that had only lvl 1 in 1 profession and that one could complete the quest. Someone posted its the lvl 25 leadership that is the problem but since its the gathering one that isn't ticking off its probably that if you are already lvl 70 gathering you don't change exp in gathering which is probably what they are looking for to progress the quest. So you might try any toon that doesn't have lvl 25 profession and see if that works.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    For me it's no way around. I want to check the possibilities of my character. What can he do with the resources he has. I will not see it on the basis of a completely naked alt...
    That's why I'm really annoyed by the two-week delay in fixing this bug.
    A bit of disrespect for players :/

The more, that certain bugs occur under specified conditions, a "naked character" has less chance of generating them.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    With the new Harvests, The +1 Harvests, The New Compound Materials and +1 Compound Materials as well as existing Material Items that will still be in use, There doesn't seem to be enough Spaces in the Materials Inventory
    Post edited by solisnight on
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Belts from Leather are wearable at level 10 irregardless of item level. Ticket #4762378

Delivery Box is still bugged after deleting and recopying over from live server. I have nothing queued on live and taking item from Delivery Box still do not complete the Tutorial.

Post edited by free2pay on
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    bug Adamant Trapdoor -- MC1 Armorsmithing task is BOE instead of BOP
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    BUG: Unable to complete the quest that ask you to take items from the delivery box.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User

As you go through the new Professions quest you are given new tools. If however you have insufficient space in your professions inventory they go into overflow and block the progression of the quest.

Also at this point in the quest series you don't have access to the vendor to sell your old tools.

Press the sort button in your assets window... tools and asset voucher stack now and that should result in plenty of space in the assets inventory
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    When choosing as your first profession a profession that you should be level 70 in (lvl 25 in old system), you are reset in the tutorial to level 4 (or what ever the exp for the task equates too) - it overrides the level 70 it should be. Appears to be fine for anything below that - you stay at your new equivalent rank.

Ghost in the workshop - C(45903 M15_Professions_Wor....

Opening 'Spoils of War' bags still giving out old profession items

When you are missing a tool needed for crafting, you do not get a message indicating the type of tool needed.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Let’s hope they will be revisiting the iLevel and stats of MW 3 gear, including rings, necks, and belts.

It’s also disappointing to see that people who invested in the rarest legendary tools will apparently be losing a huge chunk of value in the new system. There were very few legendary shears and hammers, and chisels in the game. Perhaps I am wrong, but my interpretation is these will have no more trade in value than a philosopher’s stone.
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    shazza53 said:

It’s also disappointing to see that people who invested in the rarest legendary tools will apparently be losing a huge chunk of value in the new system. There were very few legendary shears and hammers, and chisels in the game. Perhaps I am wrong, but my interpretation is these will have no more trade in value than a philosopher’s stone.

It seems like the old epic assets will have 400 proficiency, we can make MW5 assets with 500 proficiency, the mythic gond hammer has 600 proficiency, so I guess our legendary assets will have 550 proficiency.

Two problems here: As you say; all legendary assets seems to be of same value, I sold a legendary crucible just 2 months ago for 90 mill, I now fell sorry for the nice guy who bought it.

And second: We can only use one asset in MW crafting now and not 4 like before, so all legendary assets can turn out to be more or less worthless now since that one spot will be filled with our hammer.

Disclaimer: This is of course all just speculation from my side, dont buy or sell anything due to this :)
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Don't recall if this has been mentioned previously or not but the sell price of the new profession materials seem to not be the proper amounts...gold ingot sells for 50 copper and bronze and copper ingots sell for 80 copper is one example. adamantine ore is 85 copper but the other intermediate admantine mats are less than that.

if you just go through everything in the box that allows us to get the materials to test with you can easily see that the stuff that is higher level materials in many cases is less than the lower level items. So someone should take a pass at what those should be worth selling to vendor.

• hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Here's a thought - probably too late to add for Supplement slots:
    Adamantine Coffee Maker: +200% speed. Speed varies with level of metal.
    Coffee Beans (Gathering): Columbian, Brazilian, etc., each adding to %Speed.

Don't mind me, just woozy from testing professions all day :)

Edit [Disclaimer]: This idea is posted in the public domain and I claim no rights to it.
    Post edited by hannibalsmith#0854 on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs, i am just echo what Muskellka said, horrible lag freezing.
    okay, i knew this would happen, clearly the answer was, "Bloated staged steps materials", see those steps causing lags, from Ores, Ingots, and blah, and blah blah, and final products., just clear out unwanted and unfinished steps in between into streamlined crafted items.
    less clutters mean less lags. too many steps and you created monster lags. dont deny it! too many coded mean more bugs and lags trying to sort the "data processing" to get thru.
    this included the mastercraftings, time to clean them up, i see too many trash steps in between.

my advise would be Ores to final products, wood to final step, water to potion or whatever.

okay, excess items may not be the problem, it also those "wandering workers' that we "hired" also taking up data processings, more we hired, it get awful. since you added those crafters come with skills and come with "traits and flaws".
    that what i see, "lots of mess".
    last thing to mention, Workshop environment, too much details.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    3 Toons tested, none can get past tutorial bug. Each toon tested a different profession, one toon only had Platesmithing and Alchemy at 25 before transferring to preview. The other two have everything at 25, one has varying levels of masterwork. I thought perhaps it was bugged on having two options in the tutorial for collecting items out of the box, dble clicking and hitting the collect all button. So had one toon gather more than one item then tried collecting using both methods and on other toons each separate method. None worked.

Not interested in starting a new toon from scratch to test, there are enough people reporting multiple bugs to keep you (devs) busy for a while fixing things. I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the two tutorial choices as I hadn't seen that mentioned so far.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    eeng1 said:

Two problems here: As you say; all legendary assets seems to be of same value, I sold a legendary crucible just 2 months ago for 90 mill, I now fell sorry for the nice guy who bought it.

And second: We can only use one asset in MW crafting now and not 4 like before, so all legendary assets can turn out to be more or less worthless now since that one spot will be filled with our hammer.

Disclaimer: This is of course all just speculation from my side, dont buy or sell anything due to this :)

Ouch.

I only have the hammer so I am not going to be hurt by that, but I know others have spent a lot of real cash on profession packs/AD conversions to get their legendary tools. I'm talking on the order of $1000s in real money and 1000s of packs bought and opened.

Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

eeng1 said:

Ouch.

I only have the hammer so I am not going to be hurt by that, but I know others have spent a lot of real cash on profession packs/AD conversions to get their legendary tools. I'm talking on the order of $1000s in real money and 1000s of packs bought and opened.

as of today

forgehammer on live can get up to 75% chance on various masterwork profession tasks

forgehammer on preview can get 70% + 3% ( by potion ) = 73% chance of success with a 27% chance of task failure plus 17 % chance of actual failure -- because +1 items don't seem to fulfill crafting task requirements