test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20180924a.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Known Issues
Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
Issue: While the issue has ostensibly been addressed, we've received reports that characters who ran into the issue on version NW.105.20180924a.1, or characters copied from live, are still unable to progress.
Workaround: Copy a new character to Preview. If that doesn't work, maybe create a new character and make good use of the stuff you can get from the Preview Only store to advance quickly. (Best I can suggest with the info I have, sorry!)

Highlights

Professions Fixes / Changes
Profession Quests
  • It is no longer possible to open the quest items "Delivery for Knox" or "Delivery for Bolden," leaving the player unable to complete the quest.
  • Lessons Learned: The player's retainer now properly appears in Sage Bradda's shop when expected.
  • Various profession quests now properly unlock when Blacksmithing or Gathering reach the required levels.
  • Various typos have been addressed.
  • Your retainer in your workshop is now able to answer basic questions about professions and the workshop.
Profession Rewards and Items
  • An issue has been resolved wherein some crafted equipment was mistakenly marked as bind on pickup.
  • High-quality gems now give more Refinement Points than their standard counterparts.
  • Jewelcrafting now properly has leveling achievements.
  • Mailerslathes and Nettles now appear in the expected categories.
  • Masterwork tools now have the expected stats.
  • The achievements "Leatherworking: Legend" and "Artificing: Legend" now grant the appropriate number of achievement points.
  • The item level of level 70 equipment crafted by new non-masterwork recipes has been increased to item level 500, with high-quality results increased to item level 510.
  • The item level of level of masterwork equipment has been increased as follows:
    • Equipment of item level 435 has been increased to 520.
    • Equipment of item level 445 has been increased to 530.
    • Equipment of item level 480 has been increased to 560.
  • The Stronghold decoration, Phandar Dining Table, has been renamed Simple Dining Table due to the change in materials required.
  • There are now crafted masterwork tools to accommodate for higher stat requirements on tools.
Profession System Conversion
  • Aqua Regia is now polluted, and Concentrated Aqua Regia is now the new Aqua Regia.
  • Forgehammer of Gond is now usable in new professions recipes.
  • It is now possible to buy materials in bulk from the professions vendor or from the material exchange option in your retainer's dialog.
  • Old legendary tools can now be exchanged for new legendary tools.
  • The Black Ice Forge in Caer-Konig now has an option to upgrade equipment in the Black Ice Forge. The equipment shows up only if you have the base piece.
Profession Tasks
  • A number of masterwork and furnishing recipes that used outdated items have been updated with new resources to replace those items.
  • Emerald Choker now properly requires an emerald.
  • Gold Wire has been moved from Mailsmithing (masterwork) to Jewelcrafting (masterwork).
  • Golden Chandelier has been moved from Mailsmithing (masterwork) to Jewelcrafting (masterwork).
  • Masterwork tasks can now have High Quality results.
  • Masterwork tasks now have their expected stat requirements.
  • Missing furniture tasks now appear in the recipe list again.
  • Recipes without commission costs now have commission costs.
  • Supplements that grant Quality no longer incorrectly grant Success instead.
  • The non-masterwork recipe for Gold Ingot has been changed to Raw Gold Ingot, and the required materials have been adjusted.
  • The non-masterwork recipes that require Gold Ingot now require Raw Gold Ingot instead.
  • The recipe for Oak Lumber now requires Oak Logs instead of Oak Lumber. Players no longer have an excuse to call their artisans a lumbering oak.
Profession Workshop
  • A teapot no longer incorrectly has collision.
  • Light beams no longer allow certain visual effects to climb up them, resulting in artifacting.
  • The number of slots in the delivery box has been increased to 30, up from 20. 12 slots are available at rank 1, with 6 additional slots unlocking at each rank upgrade.
  • The postings on the Dispatch Board have been updated.
User Interface
  • The "+1" icon is now a little smaller, and has background art supporting it.
  • The Master's Desk now has a more polished interface treatment.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Acquisitions Incorporated
  • Acquisitions Incorporated now has more Acquisitions Incorporated branding in the appropriate Acquisitions Incorporated locations.
  • Retrieval Operation: A cutscene transition has been smoothed out.
  • Retrieval Operation: Completing the initial version of the quest no longer completes the repeatable version of this quest for other characters in the party.
  • Retrieval Operation: Feather Fall once again works properly.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Brisk Transport: This feat no longer incorrectly stacks with itself.
    • Chaos Magic: If this procs Chaos Speed, floater text appears.
    • Frozen Power Transfer: When at maximum stacks, further refreshes no longer incorrectly drop the stack count to 1.
    • Ice Knife: This power's tooltip no longer shows fluctuating damage numbers.
    • Repel now grants a consistent amount of Action Points per use, rather than scaling based on enemies hit.
    • Storm Pillar can now crit, and can no longer incorrectly be attacked and pushed.
    • Uncontrolled Obliteration now affects all appropriate powers.
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Griffon's Wrath: This power can no longer get into a state where it can be spammed without cooldown.
    • Griffon's Wrath can no longer incorrectly affect the enemy if it is animation canceled before it hits.
    • The feat Staggering Challenge now correctly affects Rank 4 of Griffon's Wrath.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Careful Attack now only procs from At-Wills, Encounters, and Daily Powers. This should prevent stacks from being eaten by indirect attacks that don't reference weapon damage.
    • Stillness of the Forest: This buff can no longer reset or expire while the player is standing still.
    • Stormstep Action: When used with Forest Ghost, this class feature consistently reduces Encounter Power cooldowns by 1 second. (Or will, in next patch. This one, it increases them by 1 second instead, oops.)
  • Oathbound Paladin: Paladins without a Paragon Path now queue as a Tank, rather than Damage.
  • Scourge Warlock: Murderous Flames should no longer loop with Red Dragon Glyph.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Blade Flurry: This power can no longer get into a state where it can be spammed without cooldown.
    • Blade Flurry: This power now gives Action Points on use, with extra given from the final swing.
    • Duelist's Flurry: Bleed damage has been restored to its previous value.
    • Low Blows: This feat's effects have been reverted to 5/10/15/20/25%.
    • One with the Shadows: The damage bonus has been increased to 40%.
    • Return to Shadows: This feat now functions.
    • Shadowy Opportunity: This power should no longer stack.
    • Skullcracker Mark: The duration of this effect has been increased to 10 seconds.
    • Skullcracker: The bonus duration has been increased to 5 seconds.
    • Skullcracker: This should never result in two stacks being shown.
    • Shadowborn: Damage has been increased to 20/40/60/80/100%.
    • Smoke Bomb: This power can now only trigger Aura of Courage once per cast.
    • Smoke Bomb: This power no longer procs Shadowy Opportunity four times for 0 damage per tick.
Item Powers
  • Silverlace Mail and Magic Lord's Surcoat no longer incorrectly build Aggressive and Defensive Charge stacks even after they're removed.
General
  • Overflow Rewards have been adjusted to be more in line with M14's reward distribution.
  • Programmers Hate It! There is no longer One Weird Trick to summon multiple copies of the same companion.
  • Producers are no longer allowed to write clickbait headlines in patch notes.
  • Wanderer's Fortune insignia power once again properly rewards the player.

Items and Economy
Dungeon Chests
  • Astral Diamond values for dungeon end chests now match the values we plan to ship.
  • Dread Legion now supports rerolling the end chest.
  • Master of the Hunt now consistently supports rerolling the end chest.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods now supports rerolling the end chest.
Strongholds
  • The "Labor" currency has been renamed to "Professions Supplies."
  • Most Professions materials may now be donated to the Stronghold to increase Professions Supplies.
General
  • Cloaked Ascendancy Heroic Encounter rewards have been un-reverted, and once again give the appropriate seals.
  • Icewind Dale Heroic Encounter rewards can once again properly be opened.
  • Storm King's Thunder campaign store: The cost in Voninblod for 1,000 Rough Astral Diamonds has been increased.
  • Various typos have been addressed.

User Interface
Character Creation
  • The ever-present Coming Soon™ icon is Leaving Soon™. (It's just going away. This is not us adding a new class.)
Inventory
  • Riches: There's no longer a "Shape" button for Raw Black Ice. Once players are out of Raw Black Ice, the line goes away.
Journal
  • Legacy achievements are now a thing. Certain achievements no longer show up in the "uncompleted" list, but still show up if the player has already completed them.

Comments

• brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    terramak said:

The item level of level of masterwork equipment has been increased as follows:
    Equipment of item level 435 has been increased to 520.
    Equipment of item level 445 has been increased to 530.
    Equipment of item level 480 has been increased to 560.

Hi @terramak
    All Jewelry isn't updated, only olds PVP rings.

Brew.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Where is the trade-in for legendary tools? The retainer doesn't have this option...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Some random thoughts (its 4am here on the east coast; that's about all my brain can manage until the Benadryl kicks in -- I HATE FALL ALLERGIES!!!!)

- I noticed that there have been some busy beavers adding invisible walls to the caldera in the Retrieval Operation quest. Boo. I can't go topside anymore to sell junk and hear how carefully we have to plan to defeat Gommoth. I'm glad my SW had an Aurora's Catalog buried in her inventory since there's no VIP on Preview.
    - That said, there is still a scrying orb that is Just Out Of Reach. That's just cruel.
    - And there's a religion node teasing us from above as well that's out of reach... Boo again.
    - As of earlier tonight, the quest to retrieve the gathered item from the crate was still broken. Retrieving the item wouldn't clear the task. Perhaps it got into a weird state when I clicked "Collect All" the first time around? Just a theory.
    - So raw black ice will go away...what happens to the stuff we have to collect for the folks in Caer-Konig? For that matter, what about the raw black ice from HEs and the normal (not raw) black ice from Biggrin's Tomb? Just curious about how the mechanics of the campaign will change.
    - Will we be able to exchange our old level-60 purified black ice armor for the level-70 stuff? I'd do it now but the Black Ice Armor recipe on Live appears to be broken: it rewards gauntlets instead of armor. Needless to say, I refuse to risk losing my armor piece.
    - I noticed the new "hardcore" achievements, including references to leveling skirmishes. Does this mean that we'll finally be able to run those skirmishes we missed to get the remaining achievements (i.e. for skirmishes that don't have CTA equivalents).
    - Respen is angling for crumpled cards. Something coming soon?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lorun2009lorun2009 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    Workaround: Copy a new character to Preview. If that doesn't work, maybe create a new character and make good use of the stuff you can get from the Preview Only store to advance quickly. (Best I can suggest with the info I have, sorry!)

It's worked... You need to copy new character :)
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    The tooltip of the TR Scoundrel tree feat Low Blows still says 20% even tho its 25% and i also noticed that the icon from that feat no longer shows up. Not sure if it used to show up on player or the target tho.
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    > @terramak said:
    >
    > * The item level of level of masterwork equipment has been increased as follows:
    > * Equipment of item level 435 has been increased to 520.
    >
    > * Equipment of item level 445 has been increased to 530.
    >
    > * Equipment of item level 480 has been increased to 560.
    >
    What is with MW3? Still have 510 why not upgrade it to 560 or 580
  • lorun2009lorun2009 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Here is screen that you can make Workshop lvl 4 :)

Workshop lvl 4.png
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The tutorial for the new workshop does not work for me - copied two new characters, but the step 'Take your Item from the Delivery Box' does not register taking items from the box (either 'Collect All' or 'Double Click on Item') and does not let me progress...

Edit: Got a different char on preview - ordered just 1 cooper ore and the quest registered the step and completed
    Post edited by phoenira on
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User

any comment on the fact GFs are not capable of tanking like the OPs do?

shield clunky/broken or simply not usable (like second boss of CR), no second HP layer to fight against unmitigable dmgs (orrible, lazy and cheap thing you added just to instakill players regardless the amount of time-resources invested into defence)?

all the bugs of your new shiny CR still there? no more pillar to bug the sisters AND no more lamps to clean the bats, double life for the second sister happening randomly, double broken pillars at the secon boss, sunsword not protecting the party at Strad??

LOL clean your mess pls!

I see plenty of GFs as tank for CR because OPs are only demanded as banedin.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User

Low Blows: Still shows as being 4/8/12/16/20%
    One with the Shadows: Still shows as being 30%
    Shadowborn: Still shows as being 15/30/45/60/75%

On behalf of all TR's, we thank you for the duelist's flurry bleed revert.

Smoke bomb feedback:

Get smoke bomb damage value back to what it is on live.
    At the moment, due to the two big changes on it:
    Deals ~30% less damage, AoC procs once
    it hits a little harder than a water pistol (even on Scoundrel against a single marked target)

I understand you guys wanting us to use blade flurry, and us TR's do use it ! It's really good for AoE now, the AP gain makes it all that much nicer ! But you gotta understand it's not a good encounter to use for bossfights, takes too much time to cast to be useful ! We need something that could afkDoT while we slash away at bosses.

Powerlooping feedback:
    Make WoB cap a bit higher, like 8 or 10 targets hit (tong for example gets pretty messy for not-endgame TR's, they need all the damage they can get since they can't melt stuff with WoB + dazing strike/smoke/bladeflurry)
    Keep WoB cap like this but remove AP gain block from Lurker's assault.

Will post this on TR changes thread too.

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Inventory UI mess:

Seriously I better that III?
    MW Armor III:

MW Armor II:

MW Armor I:

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    CW Bugs that still exsist:
    - Steam Time cannot proc weapon enchantments.
    - Assailant does not scale with debuffs and does not crit.
    - Abyss of Choas Cannot critically strike and does not scale with debuffs.
    - Storm Pillar's Arcs do not benefit from Power Surge.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Copying a new character doesn't work for me have copied 5 different toons that had nothing waiting in professions before I copied them. None of them can advance the quest line with the delivery box bug

As far as I can tell the preview only store has nothing that will let you advance that much quicker than normal. you still have to run through the content which is quite easy to begin with but still takes a few hours to get to level 20. What I would have expected in the preview only store is something that would just grant you xp to level up to where you want to be. Would have thought something like this would have been here already unless there is another preview only thing that isn't in the wondrous bazaar.

Bummed the bug isn't fixed for the second week in a row.
  • oldtimer#8621 oldtimer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Deleted for poor html, see replacement comment below

• oldtimer#8621 oldtimer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I tried the workaround of copying a new character to the Test Server, but I'm still getting the "Delivery box full" error. Should I have first deleted the first test character? Any Ideas?

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I did finally get a copied character to work but it is the only toon I haven't done much of anything with professions. Mailsmithing was level 1 so with the fixup blacksmithing and armorsmithing at lvl 4. So my guess is the problem is something with the fixup converting profession levels. Every other toon has leadership at 25 and at least two other professions at lvl 20 if not 25.

And I did figure out a way to easily level up after getting past the first quest. Just copied over a toon with xp tomes. New character completes the quest too.
  • juliofp70juliofp70 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    GF tactician only needs to pass more buffs to the party... atm GF can do a good tanking joob.

About dps GF something is wrong... "Griffon's Wrath: This power can no longer get into a state where it can be spammed without cooldown." once again i have to say that this wont change anything. Dps GF can still kill bosses with one rotation (3x griffon)... still no viable fix to griffon wrath (changing griffon to only one charge insteed of 3 will solve this... also 12s beetween each charge... or 20s cause the new Siegebreaker's artifact will break everything again and make dps GF gives infinite griffons... really bad idea that artifact). Theres gear helping gf one phasing bosses like "survivors warps".
    Post edited by juliofp70 on
    GF Your Personal Yeti - Strawberry Yakuza
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    juliofp70 said:

GF tactician only needs to pass more buffs to the party... atm GF can do a good tanking joob.

About dps GF something is wrong... "Griffon's Wrath: This power can no longer get into a state where it can be spammed without cooldown." once again i have to say that this wont change anything. Dps GF can still kill bosses with one rotation (3x griffon)... still no viable fix to griffon wrath (changing griffon to only one charge insteed of 3 will solve this... also 12s beetween each charge... or 20s cause the new Siegebreaker's artifact will break everything again and make dps GF gives infinite griffons... really bad idea that artifact). Theres gear helping gf one phasing bosses like "survivors warps".

They haven't problems with GFs one phasing bosses, they have problems with TRs and other classes one phasing them, for that reason they nerfs every class when they comes close in damage than dps GF or GWF, this game have only one viable dps class: Fighters class. Other classes should survive as support for the true and pure dps classes in the game, that's how class balance works here. I wonder if they know: how a 14-15k GWF can be considered the true dps when a 17k SW-CW is only a support? people said me "GWF are dps class" other classes are mainly support and can do dps. It's true? other classes should run as support for a worst geared GWF only because he's that class? Favouritism. NWO a game where only one or two classes can be dps and other should run as support even when the game tells you that your class is a damage dealer.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    lorun2009 said:

It's worked... You need to copy new character :)

I tried to copy a new character's last week... and of my 8 only 1 was successful. Now 7 of 8 still BUGGED since 0924.a1 patch, even after the more recent 0924.a2 patch!

NOTE: There are 2 different issues related to Delivery Box and the later one is impossible to get around! Cause all my character's all were only copied after having all professional tasks completed.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/10-new-professions-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    terramak said:

Known Issues
    Issue: While the issue has ostensibly been addressed, we've received reports that characters who ran into the issue on version NW.105.20180924a.1, or characters copied from live, are still unable to progress.

Box delivery quest does not progress if copied over chars have lvl 25 leadership => lvl 70 gathering (seems the quest is triggered by the profession xp you only get when sub 70)

Also other quests like workshop updgrade 3 which need a profession of certain level needed to be triggered by leveling up a new profession (doesnt register existing lvl 70 professions)

Pls fix for next friday

• mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1. During logging in, I got the impression that the patch only downloaded up to 97%, after which I could log onto the server.
      2. The lags on the test server are horrendous. (This was the case with the first patch, it seemed that the second patch fixed it)
      3. Regardless of which character I copied on the preview, I can not complete this HAMSTER task! Since you are unable to fix this bug, disable the tutorial. It's been over a week now that it will not be able to test the possibilities of the profession ...
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    empalas said:

Copying a new character doesn't work for me have copied 5 different toons that had nothing waiting in professions before I copied them. None of them can advance the quest line with the delivery box bug

As far as I can tell the preview only store has nothing that will let you advance that much quicker than normal. you still have to run through the content which is quite easy to begin with but still takes a few hours to get to level 20. What I would have expected in the preview only store is something that would just grant you xp to level up to where you want to be. Would have thought something like this would have been here already unless there is another preview only thing that isn't in the wondrous bazaar.

Bummed the bug isn't fixed for the second week in a row.

There 2 massively DIFFERENT issues around Delivery Box. Likely why DEVs are confused!

The suggestion to make sure no professional tasks are running, only resolves the issue with having too many items in Delivery Box, though it looks like in future we'll have 6-12 slots in level 1. So the first issue will likely be addressed and corrected soon, but I don't think that is where your getting hung up as +90% are stuck later on!

The FAR larger issue: Is that "Running a Workshop" Quest, after you speak to the Retainer the very last time, the very last Quest objective won't ever recognize your gathering, no matter how many times you gather or take items from your Box. So you can never turn the mission into the Retainer, even though the tutorial is finished!

As a result the Tutorial finishes, but the QUEST Running a Workshop: "Gather Your Items From Your Delivery Box" never does for 75-90% of people! Character's no matter how many times they TRY, if they can't progress no matter how many items they gather, or even how many times they delete and recopy their character, will always consistently FAIL!
    1. Character's that work, will always succeed; and those that don't, will always fail!
    But it's 2 different issues why I think DEVs are likely confused or frustrated, thinking we keep spamming them rather than pehraps realizing it's a different issue. I've tried to clearly DENOTE it here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243197/10-new-professions-issues-since-0924-a1-0924-a2

See the FiX I hope they will consider for that in this list of 10 still outstanding issues / bugs.

@terramak
    @noworries#8859
    @nitocris83
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • theflowerbottheflowerbot Member Posts: 18 Arc User

Known Issues

"Ostensibly" meaning 'not at all' for toons with existing L25 professions?
    Let me describe my attempts to date, perhaps they will assist to actually address the issue:
    • My L70 pally (copied pre patch) with many L25 professions including a couple of smiths, got a large number of achievements upon logging into preview, eg 'reach L25 with x, reach L25 with y, blah blah, probably 1 for each, looked like more than 10 of them (any chance we could get those things listed in the log, they always flash by so fast its hard to know what was actually achieved) - couldn't get past 'collect your item' ..
    • My L70 cw (copied pre patch) with many L25 professions but no smiths, go no such announcements upon logging in - she got them much later, like hours/days later (but before the latest patch) - thinking perhaps starting an as yet unstarted profession might help get past the blocks, I acquired a weaponsmith from the party play box, then the cw suddenly got acknowledgement for EVERYTHING at that point .. could not get past 'collect your item' ..
    • My L70 gf (copied post patch) with many L25 professions got none of the above, but upon logging in got a single achievement 'reach L25 with 3 professions' - she got as far as getting the tutorial box "Double-click your item to claim your order" but the other button that my L25 fresh alt could see: 'Or use the "Collect All' button blah blah" did not show (could this be the problem - possible none of the above toons saw that button either) .. could not get past 'collect your item'
    • A fresh L25 alt (copied post patch) (with hardly any profession progress, and hardly any gold *sigh*) saw both buttons : 'Collect your item' and "Collect All" buttons and was able to progress: ie the quest actually completed when I clicked the 'Collect All' button (which my other toons did not have, and that button was greyed out for them).

Before you jump to judge me, know this - I was called flowerbot long before I started playing Neverwinter.
This discussion has been closed.