test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New rogue build idea and questions

neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
edited September 2018 in The Thieves' Den
I’m not a new rogue, but with the upcoming mod 15 changes, and some...impromptu extra time on my hands as of late, I was looking at some things.

I would like to bounce an idea around i’ve had for a rogue build.

Now, this is not a standard build that I’ve seen, but more of a full on debuff support dps rogue. And if already out there, apologies. Bear with it.

The idea behind this is to slam as many debuffs on a target as possible for the rest of the team. And provide pocket healing a bit. Not to take away from templocks or dc’s or plly’s, but to provide rogue players with an option now that we may hit with plastic sporks.

This is by no means a dps build. At all. Period (i’ve played a rogue since the game came out on xbox. I’m used to not being top dps. Being top dps recently is a bit unnerving)

Full disclosure: I play on xbox, i run a higher end normal rogue, acdc, and pally as my mains.

I have not tested this at all, but its more theory at this point. I would appreciate feedback. I am curious if it would work as intended.

Build:
Whisperknife
Artifacts
Charm of the serpent artifact slotted
Eye of lathander
Artifact 3 haven’t decided. Ideas?
Artifact 4 haven’t decided. Ideas?

I figure the last two you can slot whatever stats you want. Don’t really need a wheel. Go cheapest viable maybe? (Lantern and a class one?)

Lathander’s set for the bonus. There is a lack of heals, this one seems to be a nice bonus if you’re ok with being suicidal. But hey you’re a rogue, comes with the territory.

Soulforged in chest slot. Does soulforged proc lathander’s set?

Companions:
Slot whatever (i like air archons)
Lilend active (because of the dailies a rogue can spam seems to make sense)
Chicken active
Jagged dancing blade
Elemental air cultist

Weapons: at this point i’m leaning burning set. Even though its old, you may need it to make up for the lack of ap gain neck.

Mounts:
No idea, but mulling some ideas. Slotted would probably be the ap gain ones.

Powers:
Disheartening strike
Sly flourish

Smokebomb
Vengeance pursuit
Wicked reminder

Couragebreaker
Hateful knives

I have no idea on rotations yet. Ideas?

Race i pick human. But there are better choices. Tails and scales and pointy ears annoy me.

Feats:

Action advantage 5/5
Weapon mastery 3/3
Toughness 3/3 (for the chicken i hope)
Cunning ambusher 3/3
Endless assault 3/3
Disciple of strength 3/3

As human i have three extra points. I put them in the scoundre training, though the extra stealth time may work better.

Paragon:
This is where it gets weird. No capstones (none of them help)
Sabotuer:
Flashing blades 5/5
Knifes edge 5/5
Shady prep 5/5
Distracting knife 5/5

Scoundrel:
Bloody brawler 5/5
Seething knives 5/5
Back alley tactics 5/5

Executioner:
Arterial cut 5/5
Vicious pursuit 1/5 (i had one point left)

Boons:
I have not figured these out yet. Ideas?

Might be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, might be ok. But if your option is plastic sporks...

I’m not sure it could ever be a solid viable replacement of a templock or an acdc or a do, but on paper it seems to be able to provide some interesting ideas.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @neverburnaclown#3112 said:
    > I’m not a new rogue, but with the upcoming mod 15 changes, and some...impromptu extra time on my hands as of late, I was looking at some things.
    >
    > I would like to bounce an idea around i’ve had for a rogue build.
    >
    > Now, this is not a standard build that I’ve seen, but more of a full on debuff support dps rogue. And if already out there, apologies. Bear with it.
    >
    > The idea behind this is to slam as many debuffs on a target as possible for the rest of the team. And provide pocket healing a bit. Not to take away from templocks or dc’s or plly’s, but to provide rogue players with an option now that we may hit with plastic sporks.
    >
    > This is by no means a dps build. At all. Period (i’ve played a rogue since the game came out on xbox. I’m used to not being top dps. Being top dps recently is a bit unnerving)
    >
    > Full disclosure: I play on xbox, i run a higher end normal rogue, acdc, and pally as my mains.
    >
    > I have not tested this at all, but its more theory at this point. I would appreciate feedback. I am curious if it would work as intended.
    >
    > Build:
    > Whisperknife
    > Artifacts
    > Charm of the serpent artifact slotted
    > Eye of lathander
    > Artifact 3 haven’t decided. Ideas?
    > Artifact 4 haven’t decided. Ideas?
    >
    > I figure the last two you can slot whatever stats you want. Don’t really need a wheel. Go cheapest viable maybe? (Lantern and a class one?)
    >
    > Lathander’s set for the bonus. There is a lack of heals, this one seems to be a nice bonus if you’re ok with being suicidal. But hey you’re a rogue, comes with the territory.
    >
    > Soulforged in chest slot. Does soulforged proc lathander’s set?
    >
    > Companions:
    > Slot whatever (i like air archons)
    > Lilend active (because of the dailies a rogue can spam seems to make sense)
    > Chicken active
    > Jagged dancing blade
    > Elemental air cultist
    >
    > Weapons: at this point i’m leaning burning set. Even though its old, you may need it to make up for the lack of ap gain neck.
    >
    > Mounts:
    > No idea, but mulling some ideas. Slotted would probably be the ap gain ones.
    >
    > Powers:
    > Disheartening strike
    > Sly flourish
    >
    > Smokebomb
    > Vengeance pursuit
    > Wicked reminder
    >
    > Couragebreaker
    > Hateful knives
    >
    > I have no idea on rotations yet. Ideas?
    >
    > Race i pick human. But there are better choices. Tails and scales and pointy ears annoy me.
    >
    > Feats:
    >
    > Action advantage 5/5
    > Weapon mastery 3/3
    > Toughness 3/3 (for the chicken i hope)
    > Cunning ambusher 3/3
    > Endless assault 3/3
    > Disciple of strength 3/3
    >
    > As human i have three extra points. I put them in the scoundre training, though the extra stealth time may work better.
    >
    > Paragon:
    > This is where it gets weird. No capstones (none of them help)
    > Sabotuer:
    > Flashing blades 5/5
    > Knifes edge 5/5
    > Shady prep 5/5
    > Distracting knife 5/5
    >
    > Scoundrel:
    > Bloody brawler 5/5
    > Seething knives 5/5
    > Back alley tactics 5/5
    >
    > Executioner:
    > Arterial cut 5/5
    > Vicious pursuit 1/5 (i had one point left)
    >
    > Boons:
    > I have not figured these out yet. Ideas?
    >
    > Might be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, might be ok. But if your option is plastic sporks...
    >
    > I’m not sure it could ever be a solid viable replacement of a templock or an acdc or a do, but on paper it seems to be able to provide some interesting ideas.

You won't get invited to parties, some may even kick you once you are running with them. I know it happens to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • heck thats happened since the game came out on xbox. To the point where I don’t run my rogue through many dungeons without friends or guildies.

May have to run an alt toon through this when mod 15 hits. With being on xbox, not having act or the preview server doesn’t help much to test the ideas.
  • Being on PS4, I'll probably try theorycrafting a very stealthy based Sab build since I tend to like sab in first place. I'll just play for fun since Feat paths are pretty balanced with Mod 15.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have been testing my sub for mod 15. Stealth based works well. Let's see what the final edition of mod 15 looks like to know how best we should go forward.

I use ras manca spare hat
    Marionettes chest armor
    Lycosas bracers
    And the seers boots
    All recovery artifacts
    Recovery rings
    With recovery at 18k and sneak attack lowering cooldowns by 50%
    You can travel in perma stealth just using bait and switch.
    Damage will be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but fun factor will be high
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I appreciate your effort but never settle down for anything else than a dps role, otherwise we will be disarming traps in future.
    Whatever the other role might be in party content, there are classes who do that role better than TRs so always focus on maximizing your dps output, that is if you are competitive and if you want to get invited.

For solo content you can use whatever your imagination can come up with, if its fun and gets the job done its good enough.
    For party content there is only one option and its described in Peanut Stabber Guide or in my shorter version TR guide.

Every PvE TR who has been sticking to what was suggested in those two guides performed well unless he played with left foot and somehow managed to do everything wrong. In m15 we are losing significant amount of damage in PvE but our only role remains DPS. The two guides will be updated soon™.
  • In my Saboteur build I was thinking of deviating from the Scoundrel feats since Press the Advantage change and trying the Executioner tree. And trying out a few new things like Oppressive Darkness, Return to Shadows and Shadowy Opportunity with there new changes.

Not sure though, its very hard to give up Back Alley Tactics even if its just fluctuating damage, its not like your gonna have that 25% all the time