test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Heart of Fire Preview Patch Notes: NW.105.20180924a.1

13»

Comments

• gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    So @lowjohn @artifleur are you gona skip next MOD because it was made by penny arcade (and any following MOD if they gona stay)? If you skip that MOD I admire your allegiance to the pricnciples you seems to follow. But, if you decide to play that MOD made by people of questionable moral attitude, than sorry but you seems to be hypocritical a bit.

What I try to say - I guess many of us are not even aware that we sometimes use tools or items made by real high calibre criminals who work in prisons. Is that make those tools or items less usefull? I guess not. If you buy such tools it doesnt make you crimnals supporter either.

Leve it guys - use your energy to change your real world environment for the better - it will bring more good than flaming on this forum.
    I
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    gripnir78 said:

So @lowjohn @artifleur are you gona skip next MOD because it was made by penny arcade (and any following MOD if they gona stay)? If you skip that MOD I admire your allegiance to the pricnciples you seems to follow. But, if you decide to play that MOD made by people of questionable moral attitude, than sorry but you seems to be hypocritical a bit.

To be clear, it wasn't made *by* the Penny Arcade guys, just *with* them. And it's not just a "questionable moral attitude" - that undersells the very real actions they've taken and encouraged their fans to take, over the years. At the same time, they're *only* Penny Arcade - they're jerks and harassers and encourage their fans to be the same, but they're still small-scale compared to many others.

But I strongly suspect the Manycoins Bank Heist is something I'm going to run once for the achievements and then never again because Holkins and Krahulik are genuinely bad people and their participation leaves a foul taste, and I doubt I'll be *enthusiastic* about the campaign the way I've been for, well, all the other ones. And yeah, I might skip it. Or I might put the game on mute and skip the dialogs and just grab the boons. Or I might do it in small doses and take 3 months to complete it instead of getting all the unlocks ASAP the way I've done for all the others. Or I might wait until Mod 17, indulge in a truly perverse incentive that sends the wrong message entirely to Cryptic, and buy a Campaign Buyout so I can get the boons without dealing with those characters.

I haven't decided yet. I haven't seen yet *how much* Penny Arcade is in the new mod. I just know it's not zero, and I think that's a worse thing than having zero Penny Arcade.
    gripnir78 said:

What I try to say - I guess many of us are not even aware that we sometimes use tools or items made by real high calibre criminals who work in prisons. Is that make those tools or items less usefull? I guess not. If you buy such tools it doesnt make you crimnals supporter either.

.... I don't think anyone who objects to the use of slave labour by American prisons has ever accused people of "supporting criminals" because of it.

But fundamentally, there's a world full of great art and great artists, so it's extraordinarily rare that you'll find your life lacking something significant by choosing to ignore art created by awful people. I'm not missing anything by skipping Roman Polanski's movies: there's thousands of movies he didn't make, every year, that can fully occupy all my movie-watching time. But if a TV show I've watched regularly for years[1] hired Roman Polanski to direct an episode[2], I do in fact feel I have a right to say "Uh, seriously?" and register my objections beyond just deciding not to watch that one episode.

And I get that by the time Mod 15 was announced to us it was already a done deal, most of the mod was already in the pipe and nothing I say can change things. But I think it's still important feedback to tell the writers that I think bringing in harassers is a bad thing, and I'm not happy that they've done it, and I'm less happy with what's been the video game I come back to over and over again for years now because of it.

[1]: in this analogy, "Neverwinter" is a TV show. One I've given money to directly, which is weird for TV but roll with it.
    [2]: or, rather, hired Holkins and Krahulik to contribute to a module
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Will there be a way for me to get top level (i.e. purple crafters) without spending Zen?

I currently have full sets of purple crafters in all of the professions and I understand that they are different in the expansion. I will be able to trade my crafters for tickets that get me assets in the new system. However, I did not see an option to "Hire" any crafters above white level.

There is a Playtest option to get applications from crafters that are green, blue and purple level and it appears that these will cost Zen in the expansion. I already spent a hefty amount of Zen getting my crafters to the purple level. Is all of that lost?

Will there be some mechanism for me to use the tickets that the old crafters left and get similar level crafters in the expansion?

Will the new lockboxes (I assume there will be new lockboxes) have a Professions sub-box?

At the very least let me use the tickets that the old crafters left behind and purchase the Professions sub-box. Ideally, I should be able to trade X number of tickets and get a guaranteed green, blue or purple level crafter, but I would think I should at least get a chance for my old crafter tickets.

(edit)
    I would also like to know if there will be a way to "train" a green level Crafter and get a blue level Crafter, as there was in the old system? Or will a Crafter be able to progress from white, to green, to blue, to purple, to "dare I say it" GOLD!

I understand that the crafter get "better" as they rise in levels (as far chance of success and chance for exceptional results), but generally the green and up have better special abilities (i.e. Better Dab Hand percent).

(end edit)

Please let me know. I looked through the forums and did not see anywhere that this question was already asked, so excuse me if it is a repeat.

Thanks,

Vaitrex
    Post edited by vjarl on
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    r000kie said:

@vjarl

asterdahl said:

Indeed, you can no longer send your artisans on a task: "four enter, only one returns—stronger, better, faster!" (What happened to the others!?) However, as mentioned, you can earn all current artisans via simply playing.

[...]

Thanks! I had not seen that post.

I always assumed that the other 3 artisans failed the training and left in disgrace! ;-P

However, looking up your quote did lead to this quote as well, so that is good news!
    asterdahl said:

I will jump in and say that workshop upgrades will eventually do a bit more than upgrade the delivery box, we are still nailing down the final details, but they will affect artisan applications as well as the number of artisans you can hold (which will not be 32 at rank 1 as it is now on preview.) Once the details are finalized I will post that information here as well as on the preview patch notes.

But this should also answer some speculation about whether or not the zen market purchase is the only way to get rare and epic artisans. (It is not.) As your workshop improves, better and better artisans will be interested in applying, with rank 3 unlocking rare artisans and rank 4 unlocking epic artisans. (On preview right now, it is possible to get all rarities from the start, this will change.) To be clear, unlocking rank 3 and rank 4 does not guarantee rare or epic applications but puts them into the mix.

The zen market instant application does not guarantee a rare or epic result either, but will allow you to specify which profession the applicant is.

That is kind of a bummer that all that Zen was basically wasted. This brings up a question about the assets then...will they have green, blue, purple versions as well? If so, where will those come from?
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    vjarl said:

r000kie said:

@vjarl

asterdahl said:

Indeed, you can no longer send your artisans on a task: "four enter, only one returns—stronger, better, faster!" (What happened to the others!?) However, as mentioned, you can earn all current artisans via simply playing.

[...]

I always assumed that the other 3 artisans failed the training and left in disgrace! ;-P

However, looking up your quote did lead to this quote as well, so that is good news!
    asterdahl said:

I will jump in and say that workshop upgrades will eventually do a bit more than upgrade the delivery box, we are still nailing down the final details, but they will affect artisan applications as well as the number of artisans you can hold (which will not be 32 at rank 1 as it is now on preview.) Once the details are finalized I will post that information here as well as on the preview patch notes.

But this should also answer some speculation about whether or not the zen market purchase is the only way to get rare and epic artisans. (It is not.) As your workshop improves, better and better artisans will be interested in applying, with rank 3 unlocking rare artisans and rank 4 unlocking epic artisans. (On preview right now, it is possible to get all rarities from the start, this will change.) To be clear, unlocking rank 3 and rank 4 does not guarantee rare or epic applications but puts them into the mix.

The zen market instant application does not guarantee a rare or epic result either, but will allow you to specify which profession the applicant is.

That is kind of a bummer that all that Zen was basically wasted. This brings up a question about the assets then...will they have green, blue, purple versions as well? If so, where will those come from?
    the new assets come in many flavors, but they haven't color coded them at all
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    vjarl said:

r000kie said:

@vjarl

asterdahl said:

[...]

asterdahl said:

I don't believe the Zen was wasted. They haven't finished it yet, but you will be able to use/trade-in your existing artisans to get upgrades to the new ones. They are still working out the details of the system and value of existing artisans. As for tools, you get vouchers based on the value of your existing tools and can use these to buy higher level tools than the basic you are given in the tutorial. The tools don't have the rarity colors on preview but exist in several levels and are used to increase the focus and proficiency of the artisans. You will also be able to craft the tools in certain professions and upgrade them. You only use one tool, one artisan per task.

Hope that answers the question.
  • > @mduf17 said:
    > Same here for collect. Copied after all old professions slots here empty and after collecting, it does not advance task. No progress possible. :(

I cannot progress as well, but i had copy my DC who never had tauch profession in game and i have sucessfully complited the the quest.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Just to explain, the old profession assets are traded in (higher quality like purple getting more trade-in value than blue or green). The new assets are similar to guild food - better stats as you go from low level to higher (but not colour encoded, all the same colour). You will also be able to craft or make those tools, so no need to buy them outright unless seeking a 'jump'.
    Also be aware that ARE levels to the tools - and that means that a low level profession will not be able use a higher level 70 tool - you will need to get your profession up to a certain level before you will be able to use that tool. Currently on preview that is not the case, but it is intended by go-live... more details to follow in the professions thread.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I tried the work around and I still get the same issue with the delivery box for the tutorial.

The tutorial is still telling me to open the Professions Starter Kit even though I did already.......may be a connection. ;)
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I noticed that the preview server was patched again and once again tried to complete the Running a Workshop quest. It's still stuck at the final task, "Take Your Item From the Delivery Box". There was an item in there, but double-clicking to retrieve it doesn't clear the task. I can't abandon the quest to try again and there appears no way forward.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Ya the masters desk dialog window is cleaned up a bit is the first change I see
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

vjarl said:

r000kie said:

@vjarl

asterdahl said:

[...]

asterdahl said:

The build as of evening 10/5 does have them color coded. Rare/Epic ones seem to have a better percentage on the special skill. everything else seems to be around the same numbers.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    empalas said:

The build as of evening 10/5 does have them color coded. Rare/Epic ones seem to have a better percentage on the special skill. everything else seems to be around the same numbers.
    This is for Artisans/Gatherers, not the tools.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    BUG: After fooling the giant in Re-retrieval Operation, there are now 2 giants. One is fighting the crow and the other is hammering away at the forge.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.