test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balanced gone, now what?

divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
this developer is gone, now who is in charge of the tweaking around here?

Moderator edited title as nobody was fired.
Post edited by divectore on

Comments

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    How do you know this? What's your source of information?
    Hmmm. Their profile does say "Former Developer".
    For others wondering, Google this:

neverwinter developer "balanced"
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Fired or did he resign? Or did he set the date of his departure from Cryptic but Cryptic kept things silent...
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Balanced left for another opportunity out of his own volition. This was a decision made prior to the class changes threads going out but we wanted to acknowledge and credit him with the huge amount of work he put into the changes players will see over the next couple modules. He is missed a lot by all of us but hellos and goodbyes are a frequent part of the game industry.

So who's handling balance now?

I hope it's not someone whose name is slightly ironic
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

Balanced left for another opportunity out of his own volition. This was a decision made prior to the class changes threads going out but we wanted to acknowledge and credit him with the huge amount of work he put into the changes players will see over the next couple modules. He is missed a lot by all of us but hellos and goodbyes are a frequent part of the game industry.

noworries.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

noworries.
    Ironically, I am a bit worried.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    And now I understand better why the notion of adding more classes to this game seems to keep getting further and further away....

last new class - Oathbound Paladin, released with mod 6, on April 7, 2015
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    This thread is all kinds of crass. I believe in the player's right to whine and complain about whatever displeases them (we are customers, after all), but alleging that people have been terminated is going too far. If you wouldn't want someone to say it of you, you probably shouldn't say it of someone else.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Not trying to allege anyone but condemning the management. I m fine with people leaving for better future but if he is not and instead terminated, i blame the management. It happen every time when there are class rework and no on is there to follow up.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

Why everyone leaves whenever there are class rework/balance? 1st there is this Amartis (I hope I remember the name right or something like that ) back in mod10, now this guy called Balanced? And everytime they left the company, no one really follow up the feedback and those changes that are pointed out by the the community just go live. Not trying to be mean but I hope this is not an excuse trying to shake away our dissatisfaction towards the new changes. Frankly, this game have the weirdest class rework/ balance history in all of MMO I ever played.

i think you talking about amenar, and yes, he was the best developer ever.
    I made this thread because im concerned with the upcoming changes, no developer is answering about the feedbacks, and they might go through, even though houndreds of people have been pointing out flaws, and we do not know if noworries works in the same department, in the same things as balanced.
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    tbh this makes no sense. why would he start a project undertaking and then leave? kinda smells fishy
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

tbh this makes no sense. why would he start a project undertaking and then leave? kinda smells fishy

More money?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Also without knowing the entire timeline it could have been he applied for the other job months ago, and was just given the new job recently. So there would be no reason to stop working on whatever you were working on at your old job just because you may be getting a new job. Not everything has an underlining agenda to it, some things just happen as they happen.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And it sounds like he worked on changes for both mod 15 and mod 16, so really what we have seen so far is just part 1 of the changes that are coming. So probably we will just have to stay patient for 1 mod to see exactly where the changes are headed, hopefully to where all paragon paths and trees are end-game viable.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    It was Trion...wasent it.
This discussion has been closed.