test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage and Dungeon Chests

Comments

• jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    With dungeons not requiring keys newer players and non vip players will definitely increase dungeon activity. Salvage to rp is great. U have 7 mil rp laying around? Get the gear you havent gotten or ranked up and complete collections. Seals to ad directly with ability to summon seals vendor is godly. Tired of having to stop what im running to go to port or pe to exchange then salvage. If you get 1kad each dungeon run 100 whats stopping you besides time obviously. People want to hit max ad and max il max everything right away then complain the games boring nothing challanges them. Well no duhh. Plus heroic encounters give ad thats sweet i run lots of them and the rewards are useless in most places. Now u can spend campaign currency on ad instead of gear to salvage also big win. If anything more people will be running content they barely do now. Reroll chests is nice essentially 3 epic keys a day were valued like 3kad if u bought/sold in ah. Now ur getting 3 rerolls 5kad each 15kad free a day. Love it. For people who just got salvage yea it hurts them but people who actually play content they are getting lots of new ways to make ad. I run old campaigns so the heroics and campaign currency are going to be sweet. I never messed with professions id set randomly and just forget about it. Hopefully the new system is more engaging. As a psop the balancing is great for me but i did see some killers for other classes unfortunately but who knows maybe the game will be a team thing again vs now everyone looks for the same 5 characters over and over or they run multiple of one type and leave the others out. So far i love everything except possibly the class balancing that will tell in time. Only thing i didnt see or may have overlooked is the ability to reroll campaign chests or legendary chests like codg, t9, cn, crl. Will it only cost tokens or will it need another key? Are they even rerollable?
  • verbicideverbicide Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 will there be an increase to the amount of RAD we can refine per day
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Considering the amount of RAD we can refine was just capped, I highly doubt there will be any changes to increase it. Perhaps one day, if the economy gets to where they want it, they will run a "Double Refining Cap" weekend. Don't hold your breath though.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Considering the amount of RAD we can refine was just capped, I highly doubt there will be any changes to increase it. Perhaps one day, if the economy gets to where they want it, they will run a "Double Refining Cap" weekend. Don't hold your breath though.

See, THAT is a good idea. I like that one.
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    When originally described, and in the blog description, I was rather upset with this change. My characters have been depending on Salvage for much of their AD income. The more thorough description at the top of this thread gave me hope, though, with AD given as direct rewards for things that currently give Salvageable items.

I had thought I'd be leaving the game after my current VIP subscription expires in February. I might still, but I'll give these changes a chance.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

See, THAT is a good idea. I like that one.
    I do too but I think perhaps it should be that you can refine over 100k up to 200k the amount you actually make that day over 100k. So that for you to refine 200k RAD that day you actually have to make 200k RAD that day. I know some won't like that but that would be more along the lines of you get the benefit by playing the game instead of just logging in and refining those days. And really thats how the events should work and how they have done some of them so that you get the benefit as you play. The 2xRP stones won't be as popular once leadership goes poof next month. Sure people will still keep things that stack that give RP stones but I'm sure the largest 2x was from everyone waiting to open on the 2x weekend. just my 2 cents.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

Perhaps one day, if the economy gets to where they want it, they will run a "Double Refining Cap" weekend.

an anniversary token to allow you to refine an additional HAMSTER amount of rad ( one time )

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    RANT ON

All of this makes no sense. You have to be joking now. Whose idea was this? Looks to me like someone caters only to a very small group of players and does whatever they want to. Are we back to that era when only PvP players mattered? Are we now in the era where only profession-playing matters the most?
    This action of salvage removal effectively ruins people's willingness to play, now. This is the action that's comparable to MOD6 stuff we do not want to see.
    Why is it bad? Well let me tell you...
    1. First you introduce MOD13 with amazing HUNT system where people can earn AD by salvage. It's just for people who're highly geared and it promotes social interactions, albeit a bit by bit. It also allows people to help their low level friends gear up! Is that such a bad thing? Help a friend gear up and help them feel like a part of the team if they are starting the game, maybe earn a bit of AD? It is not like people had purple cards with them at all times.

2. You destroyed PE seals from RD for weaker characters and their chances of obtaining something valuable without trying too hard and spending days upon days. So, now when they try to obtain some AD/RAD what will they do? Again just run dungeons endlessly? I hear bot sirens rising up and again!

3. Then you essentially change it all after just few months by removing the SALVAGE itself from the system where people are given RAD simply because there are some people who've obtained or amassed large portions of RAD/AD, and this is how you treat all players?

This "punish everyone" for the actions of few HAS TO STOP. People who have been playing this game without trying to exploit anything are having less and less options to ever even see a legendary mount, let alone obtain all meta gear even with the old salvage system. It would take years to do it, and now how long will it take? Unless R13s start dropping from chests or Legendary mounts, probably never.

This system is completely wrong and even though you might think that it caters to all players, it actually caters only to the people who have amassed everything and it allows them now to raise their prices even further than before simply because they can. And I can bet that this idea was forced by people who want to see professions flourish. You are making a huge mistake with the given system and although you won't see it at first, it will come down in approx 6 months, if not sooner.

It ruins competitive gameplay, it ruins people's possibility to remain competitive and it makes people to have to buy VIP in order to gain something.
    This is the MOD6s P2W track once again and it doesn't look good, at all. Nobody ever had problems with refining or salvage. All worked splendidly. THere was absolutely no need to change anything. 0% need.
    BTW while at it, here's another tip - make a character being able to master only one masterwork profession while at it, and a weekly cap to be able to make only one item, regardless of whether it's a failed attempt or not. Let us see how those who never leave their guild halls like that idea.

RANT OFF
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • gaz#5280 gaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    i honestly don't care either way what happens. but there is probably one route they could of gone that could of been a big ad sink, would of been (and i know some people wont like this idea) to increase the amount you could offer on buy/sell zen. if it was higher than 500 ad per zen the ad would dissapear alot faster. or add some code to the ad/zen exchange that just exchanges the ad for zen (which would mean no massive backlogs either) but obviously put a limit on how much you could purchase per week otherwise people would just have millions of zen instead. either way it would put a dent in the pockets of those that they say they are actually trying to target. or... maybe it wont.

it was just an idea. but you can all now start to persecute me if you so wish to :) i really don't mind.
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @gaz#5280 said:
    > i honestly don't care either way what happens. but there is probably one route they could of gone that could of been a big ad sink, would of been (and i know some people wont like this idea) to increase the amount you could offer on buy/sell zen. if it was higher than 500 ad per zen the ad would dissapear alot faster. or add some code to the ad/zen exchange that just exchanges the ad for zen (which would mean no massive backlogs either) but obviously put a limit on how much you could purchase per week otherwise people would just have millions of zen instead. either way it would put a dent in the pockets of those that they say they are actually trying to target. or... maybe it wont.
    >
    > it was just an idea. but you can all now start to persecute me if you so wish to :) i really don't mind.

Zen exchange just moves ad and zen between players, doesn't actually get rid of any ad. Ad sinks take currency out of the game entirely like wb, ah 10% cut, upgrading ur companion with ad and rushing professions tasks.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Zen exchange just moves ad and zen between players, doesn't actually get rid of any ad. Ad sinks take currency out of the game entirely like wb, ah 10% cut, upgrading ur companion with ad and rushing professions tasks.

Such a simple concept and yet somehow people still haven't been able to grasp it. Staggers the imagination...
    Post edited by nunya#5309 on
    gaz#5280 said:

there is probably one route they could of gone that could of been a big ad sink, would of been (and i know some people wont like this idea) to increase the amount you could offer on buy/sell zen. if it was higher than 500 ad per zen the ad would dissapear alot faster.

Nope. There are Zen discounts and Zen->AD conversions other than the Exchange. As long as those exist, trading Ad -> Zen will always make you more than trading Zen -> AD, and you can always go Zen -> Item -> AD -> Zen and make a profit.

So no matter how high the cap is set, Neverwinter will reach it in a hurry because there's an infinite loop that rewards AD->Zen and punishes Zen->AD. If there's no cap, then the price of Zen will rise forever without bound, because, again, infinite loops that mean Zen->Item->AD->Zen ALWAYS makes you more Zen than you started with. Increased AD price per zen will just slow down the AD->Zen step, not stop the price inflation.
    gaz#5280 said:

or add some code to the ad/zen exchange that just exchanges the ad for zen (which would mean no massive backlogs either) but obviously put a limit on how much you could purchase per week otherwise people would just have millions of zen instead. either way it would put a dent in the pockets of those that they say they are actually trying to target. or... maybe it wont.

No, because right now all the AD->Zen purchases are real people trading real money for AD because either they don't know they can do better with a short delay or they're willing to pay a premium to avoid that delay.

Letting people trade in-game-only currency for out-of-game currency, WITHOUT waiting for someone to purchase that out-of-game currency with real money, would crash the game's profitability.

Consider: About a million Zen gets traded for AD, every day, by the people I characterise above as ignorant or impatient. A million Zen is about $100,000 USD, give or take a fudge factor for coupons and stuff. Let's call it $50,000 USD because we're adjusting the numbers VERY hard in the most favourable way possible for this argument.

The current Zen backlog is about 25 million, at 500 AD per zen. Let's assume that a new option exists to trade AD -> Zen at 750 each, and there's no delay, you just get newly-minted Zen that just appears. What's going to happen then?

Well, people who are impatient (who CLEARLY EXIST, to the tune of A MILLION ZEN PER DAY) are going to jump on that and some of that 25 million backlog, which is 1.25 million USD in Cryptic profits over the next month, using my EXTREMELY generous conversion rate, will partially vanish. That's money Cryptic would have gotten, that now they won't.

Patient people will still wait for the 500-1 trade, and realmoney spenders will still be getting 500-1. So a bunch of AD will vanish to the impatient people, but now there's a TON more Zen in the system purchasing and reselling Zen-only items, without selling Zen.

Bonus:
    It gets worse at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the Jubilee: People suddenly can trade AD->Zen at 375-1 then purchase items that they can wait a week and sell at 500-1. They're not doing as well as the people who traded Zen at (effectively) 250-1 by waiting for the realmoney transfer, but they're still making a mad profit over people who didn't delay. So now there's a huge incentive for everyone who WOULD buy Zen at 500-1 to buy Zen RIGHT NOW at 750-1 and turn it into 50%-off items, and none of that involves anyone's real money.

My point is: Even assuming a ridiculously unfavourable exchange rate of $50,000 USD/million Zen, Cryptic loses *big* if they let people trade AD -> Zen without other people buying Zen. And that's bad. Personally, I want Cryptic to make money. I want them to make lots of money, even if I'm selfishly hoping it's not all my money. I like Neverwinter and I want to keep playing it, and that means Cryptic needs to make a profit. Nerfing their own ability to sell Zen, especially in a system that rewards not buying Zen *even more* than the current one, is bad.
    > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    > > @gaz#5280 said:
    > > i honestly don't care either way what happens. but there is probably one route they could of gone that could of been a big ad sink, would of been (and i know some people wont like this idea) to increase the amount you could offer on buy/sell zen. if it was higher than 500 ad per zen the ad would dissapear alot faster. or add some code to the ad/zen exchange that just exchanges the ad for zen (which would mean no massive backlogs either) but obviously put a limit on how much you could purchase per week otherwise people would just have millions of zen instead. either way it would put a dent in the pockets of those that they say they are actually trying to target. or... maybe it wont.
    > >
    > > it was just an idea. but you can all now start to persecute me if you so wish to :) i really don't mind.
    >
    > Zen exchange just moves ad and zen between players, doesn't actually get rid of any ad. Ad sinks take currency out of the game entirely like wb, ah 10% cut, upgrading ur companion with ad and rushing professions tasks.

which is why i suggested adding code to just exchange it. that way it "would" be a sink. as nobody then gets the ad.
    also the ad going to those that are selling zen are clearly going to use that ad elsewhere otherwise they wouldnt be selling zen for ad to start with.
    edited October 2018
    > @nunya#5309 said:
    > Zen exchange just moves ad and zen between players, doesn't actually get rid of any ad. Ad sinks take currency out of the game entirely like wb, ah 10% cut, upgrading ur companion with ad and rushing professions tasks.
    >
    > Such a simple concept and yet somehow people still haven't been able to grasp it. Staggers the imagination...

i understand the concept very well. also sarcasm. i didnt misunderstand anything. you may seem to forget though that people that are "selling" zen for ad. are clearly spending that ad otherways also..

there are plenty of people that have alot of zen also that refuse to sell it on the exchange as the exchange just doesnt benefit us enough. due to the ridiculous prices on the AH. so if we could get more for our zen to cover the silly prices that everyone complains about on the AH then it would be a win win for everyone in the long run.
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Such a simple concept and yet somehow people still haven't been able to grasp it. Staggers the imagination...

gaz#5280 said:

i understand the concept very well.

I don't think you do. One person purchases Zen to put on the exchange. Another person grinds AD to put on the exchange. When the exchange happens, those two currencies switch hands.
    gaz#5280 said:

which is why i suggested adding code to just exchange it. that way it "would" be a sink. as nobody then gets the ad.

This comment leads me to believe that you think the exchange generates one of the currencies out of thin air. The Zen/AD Exchange is not a "sink" for either Zen or AD. The currencies exchange hands and that is it.
    gaz#5280 said:

also the ad going to those that are selling zen are clearly going to use that ad elsewhere otherwise they wouldnt be selling zen for ad to start with.

Some of that AD may in fact go to the auction house where there would be a 10% "sink". Some tiny amount of it might possibly be donated to a guild's coffer. Both of those are insignificant considering the amount of AD in the economy.

EDIT: I get it now. You want ARC to just give us the Zen instead of waiting for someone to first purchase the Zen and put it on the exchange. Sorry, but that will NEVER happen. Zen is how they make money.
    Post edited by mdarkangel#4696 on
    edited October 2018
    @mdarkangel#4696 said:
    I don't think you do. One person purchases Zen to put on the exchange. Another person grinds AD to put on the exchange. When the exchange happens, those two currencies switch hands. which is why i suggested adding code to just exchange it. that way it "would" be a sink. as nobody then gets the ad.

really? no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sherlock. after 3 yrs of playing you think i dont know that? of course i do. but the person who buys the AD doesnt then just sit on it for the hell of it. they spend it.

@mdarkangel#4696 said:
    This comment leads me to believe that you think the exchange generates one of the currencies out of thin air. The Zen/AD Exchange is not a "sink" for either Zen or AD. The currencies exchange hands and that is it. also the ad going to those that are selling zen are clearly going to use that ad elsewhere otherwise they wouldnt be selling zen for ad to start with.

clearly my comment doesnt suggest that at all. otherwise i would never of said they could add code that "could do it". wow troll much.

@mdarkangel#4696 said:
    Some of that AD may in fact go to the auction house where there would be a 10% "sink". Some tiny amount of it might possibly be donated to a guild's coffer. Both of those are insignificant considering the amount of AD in the economy.

and who's fault is it that there is so much AD in the economy? cryptics. they knew about the mastercraft issues and let it go on for a long time. they knew about the hunt exploits and let that go on for ages. which personally now i think may of been intentional just to make yet another AD sink and put the blame on anyone but themselves since all those that did do the exploits had their ad removed. (Sink). now they want to blame everyone else including the new comers and say you have to suffer the prices.

@mdarkangel#4696 said:
    EDIT: I get it now. You want ARC to just give us the Zen instead of waiting for someone to first purchase the Zen and put it on the exchange. Sorry, but that will NEVER happen. Zen is how they make money.

no. it was an idea. nothing more. should learn to read before writing. not once did i say they "should" do it. i clearly stated it may of been a possible path for cryptic to go. not once did i say they should do it and i personally wanted it to happen. your clearly just trying to troll so have at it.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    250 rAD per level* ... Really? 1000-5000 rAD was already weakly, but now it is not a reward. - is trash Not worth the effort. You probably want to continue losing players, because this reward is really abusive to people ...

20 rewards gave me (along with the AD bonus) 24,8k rAD.

* i mean overflow
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs, Time to retire enchant removal cost. those fee cost are insane.
    edited October 2018
    Dread Legion new supports rerolling the end chest.

Lol. The only thing that changes after the rerolling, is item for transmutation (worth 30 RP). Who would want to waste reroll token for something like this? : D

IG still does not have a additional chest or the ability to used reroll tokens
    The "great" rewards from the bronze the player can only throw ...
    Really encouraging.

Post edited by mushellka on
    mushellka said:

Lol. The only thing that changes after the rerolling, is item for transmutation (worth 30 RP). Who would want to waste reroll token for something like this? : D

Really encouraging.

Yes, dungeons that only offer garbage will not provide better rewards for rerolling on the "what garbage do I get" table.

But at least the ones that needed an epic key won't need a key any more?

Don't need a key :) But somehow it doesn't comfort me.
    Instead of garbage, you get trash :P
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    mushellka said:

250 rAD per level* ... Really? 1000-5000 rAD was already weakly, but now it is not a reward. - is trash Not worth the effort. You probably want to continue losing players, because this reward is really abusive to people ...

20 rewards gave me (along with the AD bonus) 24,8k rAD.

* i mean overflow

At first I saw your 250 and did the math and was like that is way low but figuring it with your 20 times and 24,800 rAD converting to around approx 800 rAD(without AD bonus)...24800/1.5/20

That might actually be about right. Before we would occasionally get the 30000 rAD...800 into 30000 is 37.5...so 1 in 37.5 or 2.7%. I would have thought it to be a little higher than that but it could be right.
    lowjohn said:

Consider: About a million Zen gets traded for AD, every day, by the people I characterise above as ignorant or impatient. A million Zen is about $100,000 USD, give or take a fudge factor for coupons and stuff. Let's call it $50,000 USD because we're adjusting the numbers VERY hard in the most favourable way possible for this argument.

Just a minor correction. 1 million zen should be $10,000 right? Since its 100 zen per $1. I think they would love people to spend $100,000 a day just for zen to AD conversion. That would be about $36 million/year in revenue from the PC game just for AD.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

sjza80 said:

> @pitmonster#5684 said:

> One think to note is the re-roll tokens should make Illusionist’s Gambit farming for epic companion gear easier.

How so? Have they added a chest to IG? If so what's the currency required to make the key? I'm on console so no access to the preview shard. Thanks in advance.

Good point, IG doesn't have a Chest so there's nothing to reroll.

IG should have a chest instead of automatic loot. Better yet, IN ADDITION to auto-loot, because now the extra companion gear won't be extra AD from salvage.
    if they added a chest to IG that might even make me excited for this change a little... lol.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    wait for the lower chance to ndemo/edemo/cn/tong/codg/msp/cr main important item drops
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

mushellka said:

Really encouraging.

Yes, dungeons that only offer garbage will not provide better rewards for rerolling on the "what garbage do I get" table.

But at least the ones that needed an epic key won't need a key any more?

only solution is to buy the ig companion gear from ah, that skirmish is dead beat.
    empalas said:

lowjohn said:

Just a minor correction. 1 million zen should be $10,000 right? Since its 100 zen per $1. I think they would love people to spend $100,000 a day just for zen to AD conversion. That would be about $36 million/year in revenue from the PC game just for AD.
    Yes, augh, I should have caught that. I was thinking it seemed way too high but then I forgot to recheck.

Still, leaving aside my off-by-an-order-of-magnitude brainfart, my point remains: The real issue is that Zen -> item -> AD -> Zen will always leave you with more Zen than you started with, and adding more Zen to the pool, that nobody has paid for, will accelerate the cycle in some ways and not actually solve the problem.
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User

True. One thing that the devs can do is add or improve the items that they are selling in the zen market and have those items bound to account. That way real money to zen purchases go directly to Cyptic and AD to Zen exchanges that are used to purchase these items do not get recycled back into the economy (since the bound items will not get traded back in or resold for AD) resulting in the much needed reduction of AD that floats in the Neverwinter economy.
  • bloodshotbeastbloodshotbeast Member Posts: 24 Arc User

tgwolf said:

So will our Epic Dungeon Chest Keys we have be turned into reroll tokens on the change? Because I have a lot. I mean a LOT of them from VIP and if even a fraction of them were to become useless.. well.

That would be.. displeasing.

Yes it is.

Please tell me they're account bound rather than character.