test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calendar Down

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
Just wanted to let everyone know the in game Calendar is not working, It is blank. I have asked several people and they have the same problem so not just me.

Do anyone know if this is a known issue being looked into?
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Confirming blank, and showing Jan-Feb months in the months ahead section.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @mynaam,

Indeed, the calendar no longer works on all platforms.

We escalated this issue yesterday to the dev team.

Thanks for your help and have fun!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    At this moment, calendar is not working. It shows Dec 31 to Jan 20 and it has nothing.
    No daily view, upcoming event.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Calendar is now broken - October calendar shows no events for today, not even hourly. Right side has December-January weeks showing...
  • erro#4771 erro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    percemer said:

Hello @mynaam,

Indeed, the calendar no longer works on all platforms.

We escalated this issue yesterday to the dev team.

Thanks for your help and have fun!

Regards,

"The devs know" is the most useless piece of information to the player community. It's entirely nebulous and offers no insight as to when the problem may be fixed or potential alternatives in the meantime.

How about a list of upcoming events that we'd be looking on the calendar for? Or a link to where they already exist on the game website, if that's a thing? I looked for it myself, why that's not a front page item is beyond me...
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Hello @erro#4771,

Whatever the bug, we generally cannot answer when it will be fixed.
    There is an internal list but it's confidential. Officially, only events announced on Arc are confirmed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Hello @erro#4771,

There is an internal list but it's confidential. Officially, only events announced on Arc are confirmed.

Regards,

Are events that were displayed on the in-game calendar, when it was functional, not official? I distinctly recall upcoming double xp and double refinement stone events in the near future, but as they were only displayed in-game (as far as I can see), there is no way to see when those are with the calendar currently not operational.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    erro#4771 said:

percemer said:

Hello @erro#4771,

Regards,

Are events that were displayed on the in-game calendar, when it was functional, not official? I distinctly recall upcoming double xp and double refinement stone events in the near future, but as they were only displayed in-game (as far as I can see), there is no way to see when those are with the calendar currently not operational.
    If the calendar is going to be down long term - it would be nice for news items announcing impending events to appear earlier.

Right now event announcements appear on the Arc site only AFTER the event has started.

For example - it would be a good thing to post an announcement now about the schedule for the Masquerade of Liars event - which I believe starts next week(?)
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    percemer said:

Hello @erro#4771,

Regards,

@percemer Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it and i will wait patiently for the fix :)

If it helps it seems that the date of the calendar is wrong since it displays January and February's calendar.

EDIT : ^the in game calendar date i mean
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    mynaam said:

@percemer Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it and i will wait patiently for the fix :)

*lol* As if you had other options... ;-)
    percemer said:

Hmm, is it only me or does this repetitive and empty phrase sound a little ... condescending?
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Could anybody maybe post a screen shot of what the calendar rotation in October is? (like, 2x XP days, 2x Guild marks or whatever)

If nobody has a screen shot handy, maybe someone from Cryptic could just post a text message with upcoming event info?

"We regret the inconvenience, here is the upcoming Calendar schedule" sounds so much better to your clientele than
    "We broke it but we can't take 10 minutes to re-post the info on the forums, sux2bu".
    edited October 2018

Hmm, is it only me or does this repetitive and empty phrase sound a little ... condescending?

It took some amount of effort not to be annoyed at it, honestly. Also, it inaccurately assumes that I do understand, which I don't really. All I'm asked for was:

"We regret the inconvenience, here is the upcoming Calendar schedule"

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Maintenance over, Calendar now fixed.