test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unskippable cutscenes.

forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES!!!!
Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    TLDR
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    CAPS LOCK
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    They should make all cutscenes skippable. I'm sick of having to watch various cutscenes in dungeons I run frequently, and I am not looking forward to having to watch the cutscenes for the new professions system 17 times. If people want to watch the cutscenes, they should have that option. However, I should have the option of not being forced to watch it even once if I do not want to.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Which is how we end up with players in places like Throne that don't know what to do and what not to kill.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Watching once is ok. Watching every cut scene every time I do repeated content, or content I already did on other characters is not ok.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Which is how we end up with players in places like Throne that don't know what to do and what not to kill.

If they cant read the tip on the top right "use hulks to break the shield" I dont think the cutscene will teach them.....
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

greywynd said:

If they cant read the tip on the top right "use hulks to break the shield" I dont think the cutscene will teach them.....
    This. Exactly this. If they pay attention to quest objectives, then they'll know what to do. If they don't, even a cutscene won't save them.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    "Bah! More of Neverember's lackeys!"
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    During the event I got 2 apocalypse daggers and the repeated unskippable cutscenes nearly caused a destructive head/KB or monitor interaction.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Watching once is ok. Watching every cut scene every time I do repeated content, or content I already did on other characters is not ok.

I agree.
    Cutscenes in OLD GAMING were a method utilized to make certain parts of the map/content load in a rather fashionable way.
    Other games like Soul Reaver used streamless loading which happens as you progress through tunnels or elevators. As you move, it loads all necessary data from GD-ROM to RAM.
    In a MMO, all files are already downloaded onto drive, so there is no reason to see all cutscenes each time. I hear "No, my ritual ruined..." whenever I close my eyes. Or little Billy Wilfred Willy going "BALINDRAAAAAAA"... My brain is brainwashed with such things. But furst I believe I shall haaaaaz....a meal.
    Even Sharpedge started counting seconds of each cutscene and putting them in pdfs and whatnots...
    First time unskippable, every other time skippable or better yet - completely turned off! This should be a thing. Can't think of a reason why not. I think of them as a troll move by devs. Trully.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Will pay $$$ to skip Szoldar's cutscene in Company of Wolves.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother