test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spellplague Caverns

forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
I think it's time you call it quits on this one.
You're obviously incapable of, or unwilling to, fix this buggy mess, so just remove it, ok?
Thanks.
Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I think it's time you call it quits on this one.
    You're obviously incapable of, or unwilling to, fix this buggy mess, so just remove it, ok?
    Thanks.

This must win today's internet best post ever on a forum - thank you for making me smile :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    What happened, Tooth? Are you talking about MSP? I finished it last night. The chains at Kabal were fixed. I know there are still issues with Nostura bugging if you damage her too fast.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @pitshade
    Two bugs. One on second phase where it just doesn't transcend to third phase after his health is lowered.
    Another where the fireball used to break his immortality just doesn't spawn.

There were also a lot of failed to play animation stuff going on, making it hard for the newer players in the group to follow what was happending.

Did the bugs start on the first attempt or sometime later? I have seen things like missing golem/fireballs and such before, on second or later attempts. I think the game isn't resetting the fight properly.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Second and fourth attempt, first and third were lost due to deaths.

The lair version isn't the same, obviously, but when learning the demiplane, it was pretty clear that each attempt after the first was buggier and buggier. No adds spawning, Kabal never leaving the anvil, can't even remember it all.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    When this was in random rotation, I just walked back out and cancelled the instance (so someone else could take my place), I hated it that much. Buggy and high kill rate. My main is a OP so I would survive but my whole PUG would die and we would have to start it over and over again.

Not my idea of fun and fun is why I game.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I can try to offer some tips for MSP. Most groups will just steam roll MSP, but I know that some people struggle with the mechanics. These tips are only for groups that are struggling, this is not the fast way to clear the dungeon. However, it really won't add that much time to the run.

1.) Watch out for the fire in the first set of mobs. Take the extra time to fight outside of it, instead of trying to clear everything as fast as possible. When you get to the "big guy" after you go down the first hill, focus him HARD. Kill him before focusing the others. Also, he will place a powerful AOE on the ground, avoid it. If you are the first person to aggro those mobs, move to the side because he will lay the floor of fire down right away. This will make sure it doesn't drop under his feet so you can fight him easily.

2.) At the first boss, make sure to break chains immediately. They do break now and are not bugged (at least on PC). If you don't break them fast, the DPS will need healing or they will die. Stay together during this fight. Don't spread out, even if mobs go all other the place. Have the group stay near the boss. This will make the "fireball" hit him faster and break his immunity. When you get to the last phase, stay together and kill the chained mobs on the outside together. Some low geared/experienced DPS will have a hard time killing those alone.

-----Prioritize healing over mitigation/buffing/debuffing at this boss. With good healing, this boss is a piece of cake.

3.) The next set of mobs are plentiful. Don't pull them together unless you are sure that you can handle it. Focus the big guy again and avoid the AOE he does in a circle. The one that happens around him, and the one that happens out on the floor somewhere, are both really strong. Mitigation is very important for these sets of mobs. A good Astral Shield from a DC (for example) can basically give your DPS immortality.

4.) At the second boss just practice the timing/order of his mechanics. He will swing hard (after he builds stacks). Have the tank face him the opposite way of the DPS, or offer some really good mitigation for the DPS. He builds stacks every time he grows bigger. He will hit harder and harder as the fight continues. To remove the stacks, simply force him to use his eye attack on himself. This seems difficult but can be done if needed. Just face him towards a mirror when he uses the "eye stun" attack. Make sure to avoid being near the edge when he jumps and pushes you! You can also walk towards (or dodge towards) the red circle that he pushes you away from. This will make your life a lot easier, do it.

------You can dodge the huge red AOE that knocks you into the air. Many people don't do this. It is very useful to avoid damage, but also for maintaining your rotations.

5.) The next set of mobs are the same as number 3, just repeat those tips.

6.) The final boss is very mechanic dependent. If you avoid the mechanics, you will fail. Here are a few important things to remember to do...

a.) After killing the tentacles, have the DPS enter the portals. If you are a healing, do not go in the portal. Stay outside, you can heal into the portal (into the fey realm) but not the other way around.

b.) If you are a tank, make sure to take that blue beam away from the other players. You can do this just by simply walking between the player and Nostura (the boss).

c.) If you get the curse, make sure to cleanse it off of you by getting stunned. Just intentionally look at Nostura when the orange eye appears. Let her take it away from you.

d.) This is very important!!! The last phase lasts a long time. Players will have to kill those spheres around the outside, then walk through the portals, then wait in the middle. If you have the curse on you during this time, you are basically HAMSTER. Make sure that you don't start this phase until AFTER Nostura cleanses the curse from your team. Just wait, and stop DPSing her, when that phase is near. After you cleanse, go ham!

Here is a run I did not so long ago. We were only 3/5 here. We didn't have a tank, so needless to say, you can do this dungeon without much support. I was playing as a Righteous DC, and it was my first time being the only support. I didn't plan this run, I solo queued into MSP and this is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1TmmDYtekY

I can try to offer some tips for MSP.

Great read. Does not help in a pug with randoms who have not read what you wrote. And it still becomes a complete waste of time and not worth it for a few AD, totally not worth it.

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

Great read. Does not help in a pug with randoms who have not read what you wrote. And it still becomes a complete waste of time and not worth it for a few AD, totally not worth it.

Gonna have to slightly disagree with you on this one @pitmonster#5684. While much of it I already knew (or learned the bloody hard way) I think its a nice, short, consolidated guide to that dungeon and If I run with a group that doesn't know the mechanics, I'll have a link to this page in chat. ;) Now if we can just get @iimrmonkeyii#3625 to put together something similar for FBI, ToNG and CR, we can all be rocking BiS gear by the end of next month. B)
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    @majorcharvenak

I sense the sarcasm there lol. I like it. :3

I think that is a good idea though. I can easily make little consolidated guides for those dungeons. There are some basic things that you can do to make runs much smoother. If even 3/5 people in a run follow the basics, it really makes a serious difference!

@majorcharvenak

I sense the sarcasm there lol. I like it. :3

I think that is a good idea though. I can easily make little consolidated guides for those dungeons. There are some basic things that you can do to make runs much smoother. If even 3/5 people in a run follow the basics, it really makes a serious difference!

Yeah - last night ran two Temple of Tiamats which both failed due to lack of DPS and co-ordination on the five heads part. It was shameful

Yeah - last night ran two Temple of Tiamats which both failed due to lack of DPS and co-ordination on the five heads part. It was shameful

Jesus...I'm sorry to hear that @callumf#9018

That must have been a suuuper awful party. I haven't seen a single Tia that was actually unsuccessful in a long time. Usually there is at least 4 or 5 players that are doing their job. That is really all it takes these days.

Gonna have to slightly disagree with you on this one @pitmonster#5684. While much of it I already knew (or learned the bloody hard way) I think its a nice, short, consolidated guide to that dungeon and If I run with a group that doesn't know the mechanics, I'll have a link to this page in chat. ;) Now if we can just get @iimrmonkeyii#3625 to put together something similar for FBI, ToNG and CR, we can all be rocking BiS gear by the end of next month. B)
    Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that my play style is just to run blindly into dungeons and fail, but you are forgetting that no everyone even speaks English or even reads it well. When people have voice chatted during runs, I hear more and more non-english speakers. Then there is the time to stop, read something linked, digest it, then start again. Hell, most people will not even wait while you are changing loadouts in most dungeon runs.

There there is the ROI, aka, is the reward worth the time and effort. SPC is still pretty low on returns-vs-effort compared to other mid-tier runs even without all the dying.

@pitmonster#5684

I understand that you are saying...

I am not suggesting that my play style is just to run blindly into dungeons and fail

However, some people actually do play that way. That is why you find some players who look like they are just running around pressing buttons. Even if English is not their first language, they can still watch videos on YouTube and learn the mechanics. What I am saying is, the dungeons aren't actually mechanically difficult. You don't need to read in-depth guides, be cracked up on coffee, or playing with your try-hard panties on. However, if someone goes in their thinking "I will just DPS the enemies really good!", then they are probably going to hold the group back pretty bad. Some of the dungeons have basic things that you need to do, aside from your "rotations", to be successful. These things are actually pretty simple.

Think of FBI. I promise this is the last time I post my video in this thread, sorry lol. However, if you want to see me solo part of MSP on my CW, I can put that here once uploaded ;) . Seriously though, this is a perfect example...

Skip to 12:00 to see what I mean here. This person clearly had never looked up a single thing about FBI. He was fine, hiding behind the ice, then he decided to walk out and die! :open_mouth:

This is the kind of stuff that can be easily avoided by spending 5 minutes reading something, or watching something before going in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSHptEO-xs
    Just to clarify, I'm not saying there is something wrong with going in blind for the first time. For some people, that is part of the fun. I definitely understand that! However, maybe for others they just need an official place (like this forum) to know where to look for examples and explanations.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying there is something wrong with going in blind for the first time. For some people, that is part of the fun. I definitely understand that! However, maybe for others they just need an official place (like this forum) to know where to look for examples and explanations.

Good point - I love to go into new content blind, its WAY more fun. If I find I get annihilated though or cause the group anguish, I apologise and leave and sometimes look it up.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    There's a bug that's making fireballs spawning where the gate to the next area appears. It's irritating as hell, cause you cannot enter next area because moving towards fireball makes you enter combat mode. You have to perform some ninja moves to get past it and it not always works.

Still, MSP is my favourite dungeon to run since it was released.