test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Refund for all VIP accounts, due to all the times server downtimes

13»

Comments

• lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    deldrach said:

You must be either high or really trying to get called out for trolling...oh wait!! To late! 😁

He's got a rep for being like that. Just have to expect that most of his replies will be snarky or rude. Just wish he wasn't so active in these forums :)

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen Donaldson

It took me 3 months to read that book. It's an infodump. Granted it is info you need getting through the series, but man that was painful. The rest of the series was great. Still need to read the final one or two.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    lldt said:

He's got a rep for being like that. Just have to expect that most of his replies will be snarky or rude. Just wish he wasn't so active in these forums :)

Were that true I am sure I would have had far more conversations with the mods than I have had. You can't read tone or intent. Just words and you color them yourself. Good day.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    lol, seem we are jumping back and forth with books and downtimes discussions.
    i had read The Eye of the Hunter, awesome book, almost like tolkien theme by Dennis McKeirnan. this novel would fit into Forgotten Realms just as easily.
    other fantasy series by Eddings, first book, Pawn of Prophecy, really good read and lots of laughs.

another mind disturbing mess with your brain series, Mythago and Lavondyss. wierd "enchanted forest" overtaking your home and taking you into primal distant past to ancient human tribe wearing the wooden masks, or green man myth.
    this can be woven into Forgotten Realm since Kelvinor wore a wooden mask and his "agents" from neverwinter nights 2 in 2nd mod expansion.
    I figure at some point the book recommendations will end up split off into Off Topic.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    we have some npc in Barovia, Vistani Merchant and Night Terror, as Dr Jerkyl and Mr Hyde.

i can see some story-based in many of those quests, all blend in.

during downtimes, not many can finish reading in 8 hours, some just skimmimg as speed read, others just plainly enjoy each page by page.
    if someone ask for horror-fantasy, try reading HP Lovecraft's multiple short novels, Cthulthu theme, and "The Case of Charlie Dexter", and best written story, Mountain of Madness, and pure fantasy story, "Dream quest of Unknown Kadath"
    those were in Original D&D 1st monster manual, and forced to re-edit later series to go without Cthulthu creatures by court order and Lovecraft estates' publisher.

D&D creator team, Gary Gygax and few others come up with "Sahagins" for deepsea dwellers and Aboliths as new versions replacing lovecraftian crearures.