test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To the Cryptic Team - A Positive Request

1235»

Comments

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Fix micro stuns, hr's, op's, and to a lesser extent dc's. Idk exactly how CC resist is implemented, but I tweaked my build to have 50% base resist, expecting to be immune once I got 2 stacks in pvp, however it doesn't work. The micro stun spamming can keep me locked down for what seems like forever. Sw's Hodor's Grasp and their daily last way too long.

I play CW, I'm not the best, and a lot of things are frustrating in pvp atm, but the fast paced live action against real players is still fun. As has been said before, the CC changes really feels like it only works against CW powers; Freeze, Entangling Force, stun from Repel all work so briefly that I can't reliably chain powers like Ice Knife. And maybe it's just me, but the casting times on CW's dailies takes too long, compared to other classes' dailies that are cast almost instantly.

Idk, maybe put an internal CD on Crushing Roots for HR's, that would fix the problem, but it feels like a band-aid fix, where the underlying problem is how CC resist works.

• gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

a few points to make here. look into why its the same ones playing, you q up for a match, you get thrown into a match that is practically over as they have booted either someone they don't like, or some low il player that is new. you sat in q for 20 mins for that. you q up you finally get in a match, only for it to be a huge ganking match, where ones are either after the kills for leader board status so they can see they got 999 kills and 0 deaths slight exaggeration but leader board status is what its all about there. so your whole team sits by the fire as its pointless even playing. so that's a wonderful waste of time when you just wanted a match. the manticore of mane debacle before it was supposedly fixed. that was just ridiculous all you numbskulls that went out and got that, seriously? this is what its like any new bugged thing these same ones that are the same ones that play pvp just on a stomping spree. the kicking feature is abused as most everything else is abused in pvp. i don't get to often play pvp, so if i q up for a match i want a match i haven't come on to waste my time with these rejects. is it fair on people to q up 3 times one after the other and each time be put in a match already over? i could go on all day with different points on this. but seriously look into why new people don't wish to start pvp they did try, but it is impossible, coming up against these ones, but t hey are the only ones playing it so any new maps that are made any changes you make from what these losers suggest will still never fix the problem of the toxic bullies and the exploitation of certain things available in the game that they gravitate towards to ruin it for the majority. you guys that do pvp all the time, you are the ones that have ruined it. i see training sessions organised by certain ones, what a laugh, thats the extent of trying to make pvp better, hows that working out, did it get any new people come, no its still the same ones over and over, you may as well not even bother until attitudes and fair play, maybe all you drop kicks should just organise your own matches and play against yourselves. oh thats right you already do.

You are right, there is a small core of PVP`er left, I staretd PVP again 2 weeks ago to test it. 70% of the players in a dom match you face are well known. Some run a broken class and broken gear and slay 24/7 ...20:0, 21:0, 25:0, stating in the end "I won , not even trying to win". Maybe those ones should run an underpowered class to taste some real competition, my advice.
    Some abuse broken powers all the time and trashtalk legit player afterwards... there is allways a percantage of "scum player" or "peebrains" but I´d say they are the minority on PC.
    Nope m8, those are not minority - its the only "solid" player base pvp have in this game. 20-30 "scumpredators" and about 50 more who want to try pvp so quing for domnation never to return after few attempts. Overall daily basis.
    If I would be a dev - I would put a lot of effort - but in delting the part of the code of this game called pvp.
    Its too much to be done to change that crippled aspect of the game. And that means too much time and resources spent with no possible revenue in sight. So pvp remain as broken as it is now if remains at all.....
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

a few points to make here. look into why its the same ones playing, you q up for a match, you get thrown into a match that is practically over as they have booted either someone they don't like, or some low il player that is new. you sat in q for 20 mins for that. you q up you finally get in a match, only for it to be a huge ganking match, where ones are either after the kills for leader board status so they can see they got 999 kills and 0 deaths slight exaggeration but leader board status is what its all about there. so your whole team sits by the fire as its pointless even playing. so that's a wonderful waste of time when you just wanted a match. the manticore of mane debacle before it was supposedly fixed. that was just ridiculous all you numbskulls that went out and got that, seriously? this is what its like any new bugged thing these same ones that are the same ones that play pvp just on a stomping spree. the kicking feature is abused as most everything else is abused in pvp. i don't get to often play pvp, so if i q up for a match i want a match i haven't come on to waste my time with these rejects. is it fair on people to q up 3 times one after the other and each time be put in a match already over? i could go on all day with different points on this. but seriously look into why new people don't wish to start pvp they did try, but it is impossible, coming up against these ones, but t hey are the only ones playing it so any new maps that are made any changes you make from what these losers suggest will still never fix the problem of the toxic bullies and the exploitation of certain things available in the game that they gravitate towards to ruin it for the majority. you guys that do pvp all the time, you are the ones that have ruined it. i see training sessions organised by certain ones, what a laugh, thats the extent of trying to make pvp better, hows that working out, did it get any new people come, no its still the same ones over and over, you may as well not even bother until attitudes and fair play, maybe all you drop kicks should just organise your own matches and play against yourselves. oh thats right you already do.

You are right, there is a small core of PVP`er left, I staretd PVP again 2 weeks ago to test it. 70% of the players in a dom match you face are well known. Some run a broken class and broken gear and slay 24/7 ...20:0, 21:0, 25:0, stating in the end "I won , not even trying to win". Maybe those ones should run an underpowered class to taste some real competition, my advice.
    Some abuse broken powers all the time and trashtalk legit player afterwards... there is allways a percantage of "scum player" or "peebrains" but I´d say they are the minority on PC.
    Nope m8, those are not minority - its the only "solid" player base pvp have in this game. 20-30 "scumpredators" and about 50 more who want to try pvp so quing for domnation never to return after few attempts. Overall daily basis.
    If I would be a dev - I would put a lot of effort - but in delting the part of the code of this game called pvp.
    Its too much to be done to change that crippled aspect of the game. And that means too much time and resources spent with no possible revenue in sight. So pvp remain as broken as it is now if remains at all.....
    You seem very biased about PvP, calling the majority of PvP players who play it regularly "scumpredators". Well you are exactly that of the forums.

You haven't even possibly seen any twitch streamers - a lot of them PvP. They can bring a lot of attention to the game.

Where the combat system is probably one of the best among a number of different MMORPGs I have played, that lends itself to a potentially good combat/PvP system. Hence, why people PvP.

In your view it is broken. Probably because you can't win/don't understand how your class operates.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

I don´t think so. My experience looks like this.
    As long as you run a legit build, don´t cheat, don´t corpsejump, don´t trashtalk or insult otherones or simply troll player that "gg´d", let cap and respect the opponent, you are treated same way. Most of the player do respect a player with a somehow adult behavior, some don´t.
    If you run drains, focus more on abusive strategies than legit gameplay, farm for "k/d-ratio", corpsejump, trashtalk or "campfire" all day, or ragequitt since you died once and don´t want to riun your k/d score, you risk to be not accepted that much.

An actual problem in PVP is the votekick, that seems to be a common tool to turn a match, leading to kick preferably undergeared player, despite the fact that they did nothing wrong except starting PVP with 8k IL and green gear.
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    My 2 cents for PvP class balance:
    - Remove Combat Advantage from GF's GWF's marks both PvP and PvE (It's, damn, undocumented bonus).
    - GF's Enhanced Mark should provide CA.
    - GF's Shield...Hmm... every move with shield up should cost at least 20% of Guard meter.
    - TR's Deflect severity should be reseted to default value of 50%.
    - TR's ITC should fall off after 1 or 2 attacks like HR's Fox Cunning.
    - TR's BB should do 2 attacks per target like HR's Fox Shift.
    - TR's SoD should respect PvP debuff like HR's Piercing blades.
    - TR's Dexterity and Charisma +0.5% of Deflect chance per point.
    - HR's Forest Ghost: Action points should fall off instantly after applying.
    - HR's Command Shot and Hawk Shot reduce cast animation time.
    - HR's Disruptive Shot shot should daze or stun target for up to 3 seconds at least.
    - HR's Trapper's Cunning should do damage instead of appling roots (Say "No" to stun bots).
    - HR's powers should apply (weak) roots (Any stance any path except selfbuffing powers).
    - HR's Fox Cunning should be converted to personal buff and provide 1.5 or 2 seconds of dodge.
    - HR's Dexterity +1% of Deflect chance per point.
    - HR's Unfix Ranged and Melee powers from each other. (I don't propose to give HR 2 points per level)
    - HR's Shift should be more alike to CW's or DC's teleport or slide (controll break and control immunity).
    - HR's Pathfinder's Action shouldn't buff Deflect chance it should buff Deflect severity.
    - HR's Battlehoned should be completely reworked.
    - HR's offhand's damage should be bumped to mainhand's damage (Remove melee penalty).
    - CW's Shield should provide less protection.
    - CW's Ray of Enfeeblement (Mastery) effectivness of this power should be halved against players.
    - SW Damnation {tab} should stack up to 3 times if you apply it to single target.

Update 0
    - Removed. See "Update 2"
    - Every next attack with control effect should provide at least 75% weaker control than previous (It's bad to spam CC).
    - Remove PvE boons from PvP areas except Siege (It's OK to use PvP Stronghold boons in GG or IWD or Domi).
    - Improve PvP campaign with tutorial against NPCs.
    - PvP matches from the very beggining (10+ lvl) should give players 1 top-notch PvE sigil per victory.
    - PvP matches from 70 lvl should give 3 top-notch PvE sigils per victory with weekly cap.
    - PvP GG Domi IWD should have different campaigns with different PvP boons.

Update 1
    - PvP matchmaking should be based on player's PvE progress. Players with full campaigns and boons should compete against the same players. IL means nothing here.

Update 2
    - PvP matchmaking should be based on player's PvE progress. Collection poinits should be considered.
    - PvP matchmaking should be based on PvE random queue: 1 healer, 1 tank and 3 DPS.
    - PvP modes: Domination for premades should be removed. Solo Domi should stay.
    - PvP modes: GG should be for premades only.
    - PvP modes: SS should be for allies only.
    - PvP boons: NO boons like +400 power/recovery/deflect etc.
    - PvP boons: Good boons: "Do more dmg if you stand near the DPS" or "Recieve less dmg if you stand near the tank" etc.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Please don't reduce cw's shield's effectiveness, we're way too squishy as it is. Those cw's that focus on defensive stats to gain survivability, lose a lot of dps, as it should be, unlike other classes which can have both survivability and high damage (i.e. OP, TR, GF, SW, and GWF). Even w/ shield on spell mastery, we can be killed in one rotation pretty easily especially if we get cc'd or run out of stamina. If anything, I think CW's need a passive that gives some defense/deflect like most other classes, a feat that reduces the stamina use of teleport, and Swath of Destruction and Storm Spell should be made into part of the class mechanics freeing up a passive power for that defensive buff and allow much more interesting builds.

The combat system in the game is excellent, but there is a lot of imbalance in the classes and broken gear/features that might go overlooked in pve, but ruin pvp. I think gear that does odd things like the manticore mane, and crown/cowl should just be disabled in pvp from the start. One thing that gets me the most atm is SW's, they just totally melt me, and I think it has something to do w/ tenebrous enchantments, but I'm not 100% sure on that, just those sw's that do melt me, wear those. SW's CC is way too strong as well, and their Shadow Slip is pretty op in pvp. Honestly, some SW's can give me more problems then most TR's can. VS. TR's I can at least survive on a node long enough for team mates to show up and help, SW's kill me in a few seconds especially if they chain me w/ Hadar's Grasp and BoH daily, plus a few Hellish Rebuke's.

I agree, HR's are pretty squishy, but that crushing roots is broken af atm, and as archer have really high dps. I agree their shift is basically useless, even in pve you have to use it like 2-3x to get the same effect as 1x teleport on a cw, it's much harder to avoid some attacks and sometimes impossible if you don't shift out of the way before the red hits, having to predict when the attack will come.

• shifty#7516 shifty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Introducing a reduced stat cap for PvP would help level the playing field, then games would rely more on who has the better judgement & reactions than who has max everything. I run a TR at max Lifesteal & Recovery in PvP and its ridiculous how fast people die to you. Getting into a game of domination against a team who's best player is 13k item level and not a single stat that can compete with you is disheartening to all involved.
    #Mod15StatCap!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

....I run a TR at max Lifesteal & Recovery in PvP and its ridiculous how fast people die to you....

#Mod15StatCap!

Lifesteal ? You talk of pre-LS-nerf era I guess, since post LS-nerf-era most TR´s I met got Power and recovery maxed and don´t kill player with lifesteal.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I don´t think so. My experience looks like this.
    As long as you run a legit build, don´t cheat, don´t corpsejump, don´t trashtalk or insult otherones or simply troll player that "gg´d", let cap and respect the opponent, you are treated same way. Most of the player do respect a player with a somehow adult behavior, some don´t.
    If you run drains, focus more on abusive strategies than legit gameplay, farm for "k/d-ratio", corpsejump, trashtalk or "campfire" all day, or ragequitt since you died once and don´t want to riun your k/d score, you risk to be not accepted that much.

An actual problem in PVP is the votekick, that seems to be a common tool to turn a match, leading to kick preferably undergeared player, despite the fact that they did nothing wrong except starting PVP with 8k IL and green gear.

Vote kick is just a part of bigger issue, or to be more precise its result. I do not know a single person who join pvp with a hope of loosing match/fight etc. All try to win. And since there is no IL tiers its almost always a situation when there is a few highly skilled and geared players - lets call them - very focused on winning = who will kick any1 of their team who can make them loose a game. If there would be any match maker based on IL and additionally PVP ranking position that would rock and bring some fresh air to pvp - but I really doubt that gona happen

Btw test server MOD 15 - good changes for PVP....oh wait....

If there is a good news to PVP with MOD 15 is that they are able to rework something form a very basics. So there is still hope for helthy pvp here.