test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

all Citizens are RUDE!

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited September 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
no matter where or near the wall or end of building structures, whenever anyone use and open mailbox or even the bank and summonables.
these people just walk up and push you away, and forcing the closings, and often repeatly.

so i am making petition for "bounderies" to make them walk around instead of pushing into players in process with summons or servicable npcs.

citizens does that in barovia, Icewind's Caer Donig, Protector's, and Port, oh yeah River District too.
Post edited by wylonus on

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It's like they have no idea what "personal space" is.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • laurylyanlaurylyan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    I absolutely agree ! They should be punished one way or the other as they are so rude against us.
    Maybe have them change colors??

^o^
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    This is not to mention some of the rude comments of some of them, like the female elf in Sharrandar complaining about "interlopers from Neverwinter" when we go there to help,, and the people over by corn gathering contest during the summer festival making snide comments about adventurers corn gathering skills,,, just plain rude i say

of course i jest,, devs do not take this to heart :)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Pay them back by getting a wolf or dog pet and manuever around until it is blocking a well traveled path. The NPCs can't pathfind around it and pile up.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    oooooh the times I've found a perfect screenshot angle (and I'm not free camming for some reason) and some rude citizen bumps into me and totally ruins my shot >.<
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Pay them back by getting a wolf or dog pet and manuever around until it is blocking a well traveled path. The NPCs can't pathfind around it and pile up.

That is so much fun.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    What I'm wondering is how the HAMSTER are those citizens moving god-slaying entities such as the player?
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    lol.... smh...... get pushed push bck lol (other words.... stay off the track for the walkers lol)
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    I noticed that npcs will slightly push you over to the side. It's just a game.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    LOL, finally got a word from nico. hi, any word from devs?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I'm one of those at times. I'm sorry for my behavior. :'(
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    wylonus said:

no matter where or near the wall or end of building structures, whenever anyone use and open mailbox or even the bank and summonables.
    these people just walk up and push you away, and forcing the closings, and often repeatly.

so i am making petition for "bounderies" to make them walk around instead of pushing into players in process with summons or servicable npcs.

citizens does that in barovia, Icewind's Caer Donig, Protector's, and Port, oh yeah River District too.

Wait. The NPCs are rude? So, you've never ridden directly OVER an NPC - or dozens of NPCs - with your mount trying to get somewhere in PE before?

The poor little guys have no weapons - they can't fight back against all the reckless adventurers storming over them constantly 24/7. Between the 3rd degree burns from flaming horses, being slimed from snails and fear of being eaten by T-Rex's, I'm amazed they wander around publicly at all. If the best they can manage in defense is a little passive aggressive bumping I'm fine with that.
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User

wylonus said:

Wait. The NPCs are rude? So, you've never ridden directly OVER an NPC - or dozens of NPCs - with your mount trying to get somewhere in PE before?

The poor little guys have no weapons - they can't fight back against all the reckless adventurers storming over them constantly 24/7. Between the 3rd degree burns from flaming horses, being slimed from snails and fear of being eaten by T-Rex's, I'm amazed they wander around publicly at all. If the best they can manage in defense is a little passive aggressive bumping I'm fine with that.
    But but but I am a freaken HERO, what are they? I second the vote to give them boundaries - petulant, ungrateful hamsters they are :)
    edited December 2018
    sorry to necro it, Nito, any word yet?

one morning, after the recent "Neverwinter Siege" concluded until they attack again, Lord Neverember enter main Justice Hall, having Charwood Coffee then he heard his mojodomo walking in.
    "My Lord!, this is dire news!"
    in his mind, wondering what happening and need to work on Winter wonderland, and doesnt need another bad news as he sipped his coffee. "now what?"
    Mojo replied, "Citizens' heads been rolling everywhere and Guards cant do anything to protect citizens!"
    "what a nefarious deed and who done it?"
    My Lord!, not just single killer, but many multiple angry adventurers!"
    Lord Neverember paused and thought and it is serious issue, and ask his mojo, "what stop the guards and what they say?"
    "Lord, i think it has to do with citizens being very rude, it happens when the heads start rolling around mail posts, vendors and at Many Coins bank!".
    "Mojo, what they do and why they are rude?"
    "Citizens just being crossing path and not saying excuse me and did pushing adventurers and the adventurers had it enough and killings begin, my lord".
    "This isn't good!" as Lord Neverember facepalm...., then ask his mojo, "Citizens still doing it?
    "Aye!"
    "get the guards and tell them to bring reports to me!"

scene fade into the shadow.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    wylonus said:

one morning, after the recent "Neverwinter Siege" concluded until they attack again, Lord Neverember enter main Justice Hall, having Charwood Coffee then he heard his mojodomo walking in.
    in his mind, wondering what happening and need to work on Winter wonderland, and doesnt need another bad news as he sipped his coffee. "now what?"
    Mojo replied, "Citizens' heads been rolling everywhere and Guards cant do anything to protect citizens!"
    Lord Neverember paused and thought and it is serious issue, and ask his mojo, "what stop the guards and what they say?"
    "Lord, i think it has to do with citizens being very rude, it happens when the heads start rolling around mail posts, vendors and at Many Coins bank!".
    "Citizens just being crossing path and not saying excuse me and did pushing adventurers and the adventurers had it enough and killings begin, my lord".
    "This isn't good!" as Lord Neverember facepalm...., then ask his mojo, "Citizens still doing it?
    "Aye!"

There's a Charbux in PE now?!?!? And I wasn't told?!?!?!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    wylonus said:

"Aye!"

What Mojo told Neverember is fake news because the truth is:

The Adventurers swing their weapon, cast the spell (they call it encounter or daily) and try to hurt our citizens, our citizens acted like honey badger and did not give a damn and just walked away. Those are adventurers' heads rolling around because they were so pissed and commit ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited December 2018
    i haven't heard from Nito for few months about this situation for mailbox interuptions, even i use way out of place posts and suddenly get swarmed and push away from post. only safe places are in stronghold. or summon but that one dont stay very long.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    You know they are all new to being a good citizen or maybe they are trying to glitch you. LOL...
    peeps in PE still pushing me away from mailbox and banker, and some vendors.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Here's a good suggestion for a future patch note:

- Citizens in all cities are in a large number now, and always are attracted by nearby adventures, moving then to a random direction or a house.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    They are just getting their own back for all the times some high and mighty Adventurer parks their fat arsed T Rex on the mailbox and they can't pick up the box of chocolates that mum and dad Citizen sent for their birthday.
    silvershard, lol, i would say to folks to back off or my mount or my companion will melt and their mail destroyed.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    It was a problem in City of Heroes as well, you'd think they'd get it right by now.
    STO had it right, some areas are offlimit for wanderers.
    is Nitocris still here? no answer yet?