What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rework stealth mechanic.

124»

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    theguiido said:

@theguiido

I summarized the "buffs" to my specific build elsewhere. You can read this and get the short version of what TRs can get in Mod 15. Note that my TR is Sabo. I think that Sabo is going to be much stronger in Mod 15. It is already really good...

My TR will gain in Mod 15

1.) Gloaming Cut + ~25% Damage
    2.) Gloaming Cut = (speed increased/animation quicker) Wayyy easier to land on stunned targets, behind shields, in-between dodges, and on focused/low-health targets.
    3.) Combat Advantage up even outside of Stealth (roughly a 30% Damage boost outside of stealth according to math nerds elsewhere). Look below for this interacting with Oppressive Darkness as well! [in another post]
    ------If this source of CA works like Nightmare Wizardry or the other sources of CA, jesus... lol
    4.) Courage Breaker 20% DR Debuff (very good team utility since CB is easy to spot/focus)
    5.) Courage Breaker buffed to 8 seconds.
    6.) Oppressive Darkness + ~39% Damage
    7.) Exposed Weakness + 25% Armor Ignored
    8.) Impossible to Catch up-time buff (and CB) allows for less recovery/more power
    -----moving 3K Recovery will probably still allow for daily spam/ITC perma and negate missing power from Gutterborn's.
    9.) Gutterborn's + 10% Damage + 10% Armor Penetration (2K for me, roughly)
    10.) Significantly less CD on Smoke Bomb (Yikes)! lol
    11.) Press the Advantage +10% CA Damage
    12.) Master Infighter (basically a baby Feytouched) +10% Outgoing Damage, - 10% Incoming Damage
    13.) Personally, my TR will also gain 2 CHA (+2% CA Damage) as I won't need the extra INT for ITC anymore (most likely).

Major yikes dude. Dear lord.
    Urgh... I wouldnt be sad if the TR class was completely removed from the game.

I dont mean that bad to any of the players who play the class, a lot of you are decent people etc. My boggle is the class is so broken and just a terrible experience to play against. I know some people love to play it etc etc etc, but playing against them for so long they all just blurr into 1 character. It is not like fighting other classes who you can see stand out, feel and look different from each other... TR has just been a carbon cutout copy 1 after the other, not 1 has stuck in my mind as a "Good" player or that I have remembered.

This is what I mean by its not the player but the class that is just poor, none of them are unique in any way in PvP.

It actually feels like the class was designed by an internet troll, that is pretty much what has been happening in PvP for sooooo many Mods now I have lost count.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    These changes will not make non-tr players to stop crying about tr's in pvp.
    Also can say these changes will not affect bis pvp tr's.
    Most tr's will have higher recovery build to spam itc hehehe :)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    SoD nerf is OK, but don't F nerf stealth, it's not an issue in PvP.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User

itc wont make ppl survive anymore ,

stealth mechanics had to change and it did
    crollax said:

I never stay in stealth longer than 1 second and only use itc for not being cc'd.
    That is because i can spam daily (bloodbath) + SOD.
    As i said before. most tr haters will still be crying in mod15.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User

crollax said:

I never stay in stealth longer than 1 second and only use itc for not being cc'd.
    That is because i can spam daily (bloodbath) + SOD.
    As i said before. most tr haters will still be crying in mod15.
    itc wont save ppls HAMSTER anymore your bb spamm with no brain also wont make any dps anymore :)
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

TR will be nerfed to ground next mod, there will be no TR next mod, so?

The biggest issues are still in game.TR still has got perma smoke bomb, perma daily and itc, and 100% deflection chance so i don't think so.
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    If you want to be nerfed you will be, tr is not only bloodbath and sod spam.
  • kalash42#2913 kalash42 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hidden stun bot manticore mane and piercing damage sod killing in one rotatation . I can stack all dr and deflect its mean nothing how we suposed to fight vs tr ? Lul dont cry the nerf is not enough
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User

TR will be nerfed to ground next mod, there will be no TR next mod, so?

untrue... we the tr stealth community have made our new builds, tested and proven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kalash42#2913 kalash42 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Fighting with tr its lile trying to catch a chiken but you can see him do rotation go away and come back after cd and mane cd toxic gamplay thats why pvp is dead. Pvp community is almost tr the easy way no skill need sod and stealth broken gear that it and thats why pvp q is stuck
    edited September 2018
    Tr's always find a way to make you come back here and cry a river.
    Let me tell you want is going to happen if our damage gets nerfed to the ground.
    We stack recovery, action point gain and hp.
    Now with 400k hp we can 1 hit kill you with mane of manticore every 30 sec.

No matter how many times tr get nerfed. You will always come back here and cry about how broken tr's are.

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    For one, stealth is buffed, not nerfed, pvp or pve. The only thing they got "nerfed" about stealth, is using cloud of steel from stealth, but not many people do that anyways. Idk why people are saying tr will be dead in pvp next mod, maybe one build, but not as a whole.

"""
    Baseline

Stealth Changes
    Stealth: Now takes 12.5 seconds to build a full bar (up from 10 seconds)
    Stealth: Duration increased to 6 seconds (up from 5 seconds)

Stealth: Taking damage no longer interrupts Stealth Regeneration
    Stealth: Taking damage now halves Stealth Regeneration for 2 seconds (instead of stopping it for 3 seconds)

Stealth (PvP): Trickster Rogues will now be visible to opponents when they deal damage from stealth. Powers that do not remove stealth will not reveal the rogue and damage over time effects, such as smoke bomb and path of the blade, will not remove stealth. This only occurs while in a PvP mode.
    """

Not really a nerf to stealth at all considering how stealth is used. TR's already lose stealth after using an encounter power. TR's use stealth to proc additional features from powers, or to hide while building ap or waiting for powers to come off cd. Nothing about that is going to change.

• slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    > @finalfantasyac7 said:
    > Tr's always find a way to make you come back here and cry a river.
    > Let me tell you want is going to happen if our damage gets nerfed to the ground.
    > We stack recovery, action point gain and hp.
    > Now with 400k hp we can 1 hit kill you with mane of manticore every 30 sec.
    >
    > No matter how many times tr get nerfed. You will always come back here and cry about how broken tr's are.

Any class can do this. I'm not sure why you're saying this as if it's only trs that can. Tanks have an advantage stacking hp. Dcs and ops will just heal through it. Hrs and other trs can go stealth to avoid the hit. Gwfs and sws can run out of range when they see you after realizing your game.

This setup is easily countered and with nearly zero mitigation that 30 seconds till you gain it back, you simply become easy prey. People can stack hp to 250hp. If they have proper mitigation they will survive. Then 2 mount powers kick in healing you immediately. Use lion, potion, or water from wheel... they're back to full health within seconds.

I'm not bashing trs. Don't have an issue fighting 99% of them. I will say however when you have advantages such as a perma stealth build, and 85% deflect severity (amongst others) the last thing you should be talking about is "crying."
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

> @finalfantasyac7 said:

> Tr's always find a way to make you come back here and cry a river.

> Let me tell you want is going to happen if our damage gets nerfed to the ground.

> We stack recovery, action point gain and hp.

> Now with 400k hp we can 1 hit kill you with mane of manticore every 30 sec.

>

> No matter how many times tr get nerfed. You will always come back here and cry about how broken tr's are.

Any class can do this. I'm not sure why you're saying this as if it's only trs that can. Tanks have an advantage stacking hp. Dcs and ops will just heal through it. Hrs and other trs can go stealth to avoid the hit. Gwfs and sws can run out of range when they see you after realizing your game.

This setup is easily countered and with nearly zero mitigation that 30 seconds till you gain it back, you simply become easy prey. People can stack hp to 250hp. If they have proper mitigation they will survive. Then 2 mount powers kick in healing you immediately. Use lion, potion, or water from wheel... they're back to full health within seconds.

I'm not bashing trs. Don't have an issue fighting 99% of them. I will say however when you have advantages such as a perma stealth build, and 85% deflect severity (amongst others) the last thing you should be talking about is "crying."

You mean just OP's I hope. GF's have nothing special compared to OP's HP gain and the benefits they gain. GF just has 23k base increase.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    theguiido said:

You mean just OP's I hope. GF's have nothing special compared to OP's HP gain and the benefits they gain. GF just has 23k base increase.

GF's healing abilities:
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Fighter's_Recovery
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Crushing_Surge