test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    onodrain said:

mushellka said:

BUG: I can not go on in the tutorial because it claims I have a full delivery box. This is the first task, so it is IMPOSSIBLE.
    https://images.tinypic.pl/i/00971/vi73wofcjibc.png

Not impossible. Did you have 9 tasks on the character that were complete but not picked up prior to moving the character to Test? Those tasks are in the chest. I cannot remember how many slots you initially have, but it is probably 9, so they could be filled with completions from Live.
    just re-uploaded character - there should have been NO completed tasks

dead in water
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    mushellka said:

onodrain said:

mushellka said:

BUG: I can not go on in the tutorial because it claims I have a full delivery box. This is the first task, so it is IMPOSSIBLE.
    https://images.tinypic.pl/i/00971/vi73wofcjibc.png

Not impossible. Did you have 9 tasks on the character that were complete but not picked up prior to moving the character to Test? Those tasks are in the chest. I cannot remember how many slots you initially have, but it is probably 9, so they could be filled with completions from Live.

So how do you imagine the implementation of the workshop on live? Will we receive a message the previous evening that we should clean up our profession slots before the new module? This problem must be solved now, regardless of whether we have picked up tasks or not :)

You are correct. The problem does need to be solved now. But we need to understand the problem.

When I had moved my initial characters over, then I was able to remove the completed tasks from the chest. Not sure if that is still possible now or not. It was before this patch.

But just now, I had 9 tasks pending from live. That kept the new system from being able to move forward with assigning gathering tasks. (It did allow me to complete a task at the workbench and move past that step) Since I had 9 pending tasks, it kept me from allocating the Gatherers, since each pending task takes up a slot in the Delivery Box. So I completed 5 of the tasks, which filled the chest, which keeps me from assigning a gathering task. But until the Gathering task is assigned and completed, then you do not get access to the chest. So this is a bug that keeps you from progressing the Workshop. It creates a hard stop.

I was able to send another copy of the character to test. I had 9 tasks in process. It allowed me to delete 5 leadership tasks. The other 4 cannot be changed. They do not show in the interface anywhere. After deleting those 5 tasks, I was able to do the initial Gathering task. The 4 incomplete tasks from the Live version of professions cannot be accessed, yet they take up 4 slots in the Delivery Box. Or rather, I presume they take up 4 slots, as they do not show in the Delivery Box. Presumably when they are complete, then those 4 slots will be opened again. Since there were 5 slots in the Delivery Box, it allows one gathering task.

The 4 incomplete tasks that I could not see on Test that were ported from Live were Upgrade Alchemist, Upgrade Jewelcrafter, Upgrade Mailsmith and Upgrade Artificer. It will be interesting to see what happens on Test with these, as the assets that were in process of being upgraded have all been converted to the new system and are now vouchers. As mentioned, the 5 incomplete Leadership tasks that were transferred from Live were visible and I was able to delete them, thus freeing up the space in the Delivery Box.

If the item you create is a +1 item, the initial gathering quest does not see that as completed and you must complete a gathering quest with a normal quality result.

I am using Onodria@Onodrain on the test server for the hard stop and Onodria 1@Onodrain for the second test.

Still bugged with Onodria 1. That is the version that allowed me to start the Gathering. But oddly, does not allow me to complete the quest. It says I must wait for the Gatherer to come back with the items. They have come back, multiple times. Does not resolve the quest. I guess that somehow the completion of the various Upgrading tasks confused the game.

Per the Patch Notes, for Onodria 2, I ended all her profession tasks before she was moved over to Test. While waiting the 10 minutes for the Gathering task, I added Artisans via the Professions Artisan Recruitment bag. I recruited more than 32 and so 3 were in my overflow. This kept me from being able to collect the completed Gathering task from the Delivery Box. So I deleted the overflow contents, then collected the completed task items. The quest did not complete. It does not allow me to move forward. So another hard stop to progression.

So I ended all the tasks again on Live, then transferred to Test again, Onodria 3. Before starting the Workshop quests I completed all the overflow experience that I had stacked up. Then tried to go through the initial quests for the Workshop. Everything was fine until I needed to complete the Gathering task. Once again, the items (copper ore) were gathered, put into the Delivery Box, taken from the Delivery Box and it did not move the quest forward. The item was a normal quality item. Then I did a few more tasks: well water and animal hide. Still, the quest does not move forward. So it seems a hard stop for the Workshop.
    Post edited by onodrain on
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    have you tried deleting that character and starting over? If so what about another character, is that locked also??

I just saw this while looking through the forums, I think it resolves your problem with the box being full......https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13055455
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    The gold cost commision on every task is rediculiously high ...
    For example to craft one potion of grand healing costs 1 x wood lily/1 x spring water/1 x honey AND 55 silver +75 copper....
    Go down the road to the consumables merchant and the same potion costs just 25 silver.
    So where is the logic in adding recipies that cost more to craft in gold/silver/copper than what you can buy the same item from merchants/vendors.
    Theyre not just a little over they are more than double the cost!
    So consider making 99 potions would cost you over 50 gold ,and if you then sell them at a vendor you get 12 gold back,
    Buy the same 99 stack from consumables merchant would cost 24 gold,and you get 12 gold selling that stack at a vendor....
    Crafting anything should never cost more than what it is avaliable for at a merchant in gold cost .
    It should however cost SLIGHTLY more than the gold you would get if you SELL that item at a vendor.
    So using that method crafting a stack of 99 grand potion of healing should ONLY cost vendor sell value +1
    which would be 12 gold cost +1 to craft 99 grand healing potions ...that way no-one can make a gold profit by crafting items and then dumping then in vendors BUT still costs a little less than buying from a vendor (but takes way longer).
    And i say a little because my numbers do not take into account the cost of crafting OR buying the resources required to craft the potion (ie the gold cost of the woodlily/springwater/honey).
    So this should apply to ALL recipies,the gold cost should NOT be as high as it currently is the gold cost needs to be half what it currently is!
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @asterdahl I have no Idea.. How about Chultan/Masterwork tools?
    image image image image

Also fix Auction House:
    detailed here https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1241728/pc-neverwinter-ui-revamp-auction-house
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited September 2018
    so i jumped on live and made sure my toon has NO proffesion tasks in progress and collected all results from finished tasks.
    copied toon over to preview and when it gets to collect items from delivery box,i collected items but it still says
    collect items from delivery box....cant progress any further.
    ALSO i made sure i had empty slots in proffesion bag (17 empty slots) so collecting from delivery box did NOT go into overflow bag.
    THIS does not seem to be a bug from having proffesion tasks uncollected before copying over to preview (like most have assumed) it seems to be a preview bug that is NOT registering that the delivery box has been emptied.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Although these items are unlikely to be ready for launch, we are taking the feedback under advisement for future quality of life improvements. The ability for tasks to automatically continue once the box has been emptied for instance was something we would have liked to have available at launch, but will take some time due to some technical limitations with how the system was originally built. (Despite looking dramatically different, the professions system was built on top of the fundamentals of the original system.)

Forgive me, but there isn't a great track record of timely quality of life improvements. This very system has (for all the many reasons) been problematic since day one and all these years have passed without quality of life improvements. Cases where we have seen quality of life improvements have been long past the time when we would have liked to see them.

If you can't make the system good enough, please consider delaying your launch of these changes.

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    copied from today preview patch @asterdahl i nice idea for the workshop

better yet make the items in teh delivery box stack. The idea is ok, but needs major rework, why not have delivery box for each profession ? Have a storehouse for the stuff the adventurers get. Get a runner boy to stock the shelves with the supplies. Any in cryptic ever work in a production warehouse environment ? The storage for needed items is like 1/10 to 1/5 the total space of the company. need to rethink the delivery box idea to match that.

specialy the chests for each profession when we upgrade workshop to max level, maybe the chest near the gathering stay s for gathering and upstairs balcony for all other professions with their respective chest?

Cancelling the gathering task during the tutorial breaks it. If you restart the task with a different artisan it will not recognize when you are told to withdraw the results from the box.

Cancelling the gathering task during the tutorial breaks it. If you restart the task with a different artisan it will not recognize when you are told to withdraw the results from the box.

"Known Issues
    Professions Overhaul Stockpile Blocks Tutorial
    Issue: When copying characters from the live server, in-progress Profession tasks take up stockpile slots. This prevents the player from advancing through the tutorial, because they cannot claim items from the stockpile until they have begun a gathering task, which cannot be begun if the player's stockpile is full.
    Workaround: On the live server, claim all in-progress tasks on a character, then log out. Then copy the character to the preview server." did you claimed on live server all task from professions then copied char to preview? if not thats why.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    potions on vendors are cheaper than making fresh potions.

Devs, there something doesnt add up, it seem the profession crafting cost are way too sky high to compare.
    what a nasty way to destroy all the work and training we created alchemists, leaderships and those we got purple crafters and now all that go away as bill of transation? this route made the game so weird.

do that again with "start from scratch reset" again with new overhaul, we hate that. we trained crafters and you just made us to threw away.

mastercraft is still pure mess and costly. there no way few of my alts would complete some mastercraft quests before Nov 6 because they are expensive and some materials are hard to get and often fails too much to get to next stages.
    stronghold marks are not easy to replace the cost of survy maps to get new materials, they cost 1,500 marks per map scrolls. finding the nodes and seem to get wrong types of materials and fewer of what you need, it so lopped-sided.
    as a weapon smith, i keep getting woods than adaminte sands, and not getting enough ingots or blooms i need.
    also waste of time when i see several maps consumed and seeing stacks of 20 ebony laquers, 8 adaminate sands and 4 alum.
    so i jumped on live and made sure my toon has NO proffesion tasks in progress and collected all results from finished tasks.
    ALSO i made sure i had empty slots in proffesion bag (17 empty slots) so collecting from delivery box did NOT go into overflow bag.
    Also logged off.
    THEN copied that toon over to preview and when it gets to collect items from delivery box,i collected items but it still says
    collect items from delivery box....cant progress any further.

THIS does not seem to be a bug from having proffesion tasks uncollected before copying over to preview (like most have assumed) nor is it related to having full proffesion space in backpack.
    it seems to be a preview bug that is NOT registering that the delivery box has been emptied.
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Confirmed - Removing items from delivery box does not complete tutorial.

I was in the same boat reported earlier - had 9 completed/uncollected profession tasks when copying from live to preview. Delivery box was "full".

Fixed that and re-copied character, started the first gathering task. The journal had two diamonds:
    * Wait for gathering task to complete
    * Consult your retainer
    The retainer had his "?" lit so I spoke with him. "?" went dim.
    When gathering was finished I used the "Collect All" button. The tutorial failed to complete.

Re-copied character to try double-click item collection.
    To check whether the bug was in talking to the retainer BEFORE gathering completion, I waited this time.
    Double-clicking on the item removed it but did not complete that step in the journal.
    On repeating the gathering task and opening the delivery box there were no tutorial prompts.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User

Confirmed - Removing items from delivery box does not complete tutorial.

I was in the same boat reported earlier - had 9 completed/uncollected profession tasks when copying from live to preview. Delivery box was "full".

Fixed that and re-copied character, started the first gathering task. The journal had two diamonds:
    * Wait for gathering task to complete
    * Consult your retainer
    The retainer had his "?" lit so I spoke with him. "?" went dim.
    When gathering was finished I used the "Collect All" button. The tutorial failed to complete.

Re-copied character to try double-click item collection.
    To check whether the bug was in talking to the retainer BEFORE gathering completion, I waited this time.
    Double-clicking on the item removed it but did not complete that step in the journal.
    On repeating the gathering task and opening the delivery box there were no tutorial prompts.

Repeated the above myself and got exactly the same result. After multiple re-copies and tries I got an artisan skill proc which gave me double results, collecting them both advanced the quest for me. The interesting thing is the adventurer I used had the "miracle worker" trait which is meant to give a chance at instant completion, but instead gave 2x output like "dab hand" is meant to do. Testing in progress to see what dab hand does, if anything.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    I am also having the "no credit for gathering items" problem. Copied character over with a completely empty slate of profession tasks. Tried deleting the character and recopying, didn't help.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • swax#7973 swax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah. As @dominious12 posted above. It seems that "Miracle worker" makes you proceed trough the quest.. If you get it the first time you try the gathering part at least. That worked for me. Still trying to see if the other skills can get you trough it on other toons.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Ok after collecting every adventurer and comparing their stats I have to say I really dislike the way artisans are handled in the new system. Personally I would say 90% of them are rubbish because they pair a commission increase with a speed penalty, or if they pair a useful trait like miracle worker with a speed penalty that more than offsets the bonus from the trait. It's pointless having a 25% chance to complete instantly (if it actually worked) when every task takes twice as long, so overall the artisan is less productive than one without the speed penalty or miracle worker.

I'm also really disappointed with the way the manager's desk recruitment works in making the applications random, it's really obnoxious waiting and waiting for the right type of artisan to apply while the game only gives you those for crafts you're not interested in. On top of that the system is really opaque in that there seems to be no logic behind when applications appear. I had 2 characters testing the workshop and 1 received 5 applications in the same length of time the other had only 1 applicant.

Overall I really do not like that the system takes control away from the players while simultaneosuly making it needlessly complicated.
  • aimeeisasimnutaimeeisasimnut Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    If the ad crates aren't being removed from professions what profession is now going to make them or will it still be leadership which will be called gathering?
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    BUG: When starting a task pop-up window displays default time of task not the time modified by any Speed Multiplier.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    bronto111 said:

THIS does not seem to be a bug from having proffesion tasks uncollected before copying over to preview (like most have assumed) it seems to be a preview bug that is NOT registering that the delivery box has been emptied.

This is still a bug, if you come in with uncollected tasks, you cannot start a gathering task to complete the quest to unlock access to the box.
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    what about the stronghold crates we can craft earlier. Are they up now?. As i see the new profession system is a huge gold sink. Will the commision costs be reduced?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Does anyone know if crates from various professions have been removed, or not added yet? Wasnt able to find them, or search them out.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    BUG: When doing the Workshop Tutorial, get stuck in "Running A Workshop", at the "Order an item at the Dispatch Board". Character is not allowed to start the task because the Delivery Box is full. The Delivery Box has not yet been unlocked, however, and cannot be opened and emptied.

Ok after collecting every adventurer and comparing their stats I have to say I really dislike the way artisans are handled in the new system. Personally I would say 90% of them are rubbish because they pair a commission increase with a speed penalty, or if they pair a useful trait like miracle worker with a speed penalty that more than offsets the bonus from the trait. It's pointless having a 25% chance to complete instantly (if it actually worked) when every task takes twice as long, so overall the artisan is less productive than one without the speed penalty or miracle worker.

I'm also really disappointed with the way the manager's desk recruitment works in making the applications random, it's really obnoxious waiting and waiting for the right type of artisan to apply while the game only gives you those for crafts you're not interested in. On top of that the system is really opaque in that there seems to be no logic behind when applications appear. I had 2 characters testing the workshop and 1 received 5 applications in the same length of time the other had only 1 applicant.

Overall I really do not like that the system takes control away from the players while simultaneosuly making it needlessly complicated.

it would be better if we get 1 apllication for each profession with random quality and random stats/bonus
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @asterdahl
    BUG: I have copied characters over with NO professions tasks active, and NO professions quests (such as MW, etc). I am able to progress to taking the items from the box, can remove the items, but the quest does not progress and stays at "Take items from box" stage. I have followed and clicked all green boxes, etc.

To expand on the above... I have:
    Cancelled or collected any professions tasks
    Removed/cancelled any professions related quests
    Collected all overflow rewards prior to copy
    Logged out
    Gotten coffee
    Copied character
    Followed quest instructions to the letter (clicking in green boxes, etc)
    Have tried both doubleclicking and using the Collect All button to remove resources
    Received the resources
    Quest does not progress

I have tried this on multiple copies of the same toon, and on different toons.
    Post edited by cthon on
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User

If the ad crates aren't being removed from professions what profession is now going to make them or will it still be leadership which will be called gathering?

This was my same question. After reading some of the discussion posts it felt like gathering was just an "accessory" for the other professions so that they can get materials for their crafting tasks (hence the name). If this perception is correct then we do need to know what profession will get the AD Crates task so that we can level that up before the mod goes live.
  • corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    OK

Been asking around, watching videos and I cant find this answer.

Does it pay to waste the AD/time/trouble to go full mastercraft on a profession(Alchemy) before M15?

What Ive been seeing is all you need is level 25. Does Mastercraft get you anything besides the purp ambelic?

I'm asking this because I have a 20% chance to create that Gilded Ledger and finish it. I dont want to waste umpteen hundreds of thousands of AD to make something for Mastercraft just to have it wiped out when M15 drops
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

OK

Does it pay to waste the AD/time/trouble to go full mastercraft on a profession(Alchemy) before M15?

What Ive been seeing is all you need is level 25. Does Mastercraft get you anything besides the purp ambelic?

I'm asking this because I have a 20% chance to create that Gilded Ledger and finish it. I dont want to waste umpteen hundreds of thousands of AD to make something for Mastercraft just to have it wiped out when M15 drops

The REAL answer is..........We Don't Know!

Professions in its current form, I'd say wait cuz once you get your artisan leveled up, you can make that Ledger with over a 90% chance. But the devs have said mastercraft will be harder but they haven't changed it yet.

So we have to wait and see. :/

• corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    valwryn said:

OK

The REAL answer is..........We Don't Know!

Professions in its current form, I'd say wait cuz once you get your artisan leveled up, you can make that Ledger with over a 90% chance. But the devs have said mastercraft will be harder but they haven't changed it yet.

So we have to wait and see. :/

Lovely......